bad benson

Enhanced Movement

On 2-6-2018 at 9:27 PM, Jack Ost said:

Hi @bad benson

Thank you for this mod. 

Could you please add cba settings on your mod ?

+1

hi @bad benson Thanks for this terrific mod. We've been using it for a while now on our exile servers.

Couple of things I wanted to ask... The fact that it binds by default to custom control 1 & 2 clashes with some custom controls exile already uses which just makes for a bit of explaining with some players. So, I was wondering if there would be the possibility in a future update for the defaults to start at custom control 10?

Also, is there any way to disable the enhanced interaction part of the mod server side? We only want to use Enhanced Movement.

Thanks again

Please dont change that default. I have other stuff on these bindings. Lets all figureout our own problems.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gogsworld said:

hi @bad benson Thanks for this terrific mod. We've been using it for a while now on our exile servers.

Couple of things I wanted to ask... The fact that it binds by default to custom control 1 & 2 clashes with some custom controls exile already uses which just makes for a bit of explaining with some players. So, I was wondering if there would be the possibility in a future update for the defaults to start at custom control 10?

Also, is there any way to disable the enhanced interaction part of the mod server side? We only want to use Enhanced Movement.

Thanks again

Mods shouldn't change just to accommodate one set of users, if anything those that use Exile should find a work around/solution.

• Like 4

ok fine but, that's you versus every new player that uses it for exile which is the most played mod on arma. Don't want to cause problems, just saying that even experienced players get caught out on this and have to ask around because they don't look in the readme in the mod or even know it exists.

exile actually uses 1-3 inclusive so, maybe 4 onwards? I'm not talking about just for my benefit on this or for my servers. I'm talking as someone on the exile mod support team who gets hit very frequently with player questions where they're stuck

Well, if your "experienced" players have trouble to read a readme, then I would first question their experience and then teach them how to use it. There is tons of people who do not play Exile and this mod is not specificly made for Exile. I like it the way it is. 

• Like 8

heavens sake....I'm talking about at macro level with hundreds/thousands of players not, just a few community members of one server community. To your point "There is tons of people who do not play Exile ...", I agree there are tons but, about half the player base on Arma 3 are playing exile as you can see here:
https://arma3.swec.se/game/statistics

I'm just trying to help like I do for the exile mod giving up my free time to help others. I wasn't intending to get a whole bunch of hate thrown at me.

Just forget it....

3 hours ago, gogsworld said:

I'm just trying to help like I do for the exile mod giving up my free time to help others. 

I can certainly understand your trying to help, but have a look at it from the perspective from all the other community who use this addon. They may have bindings on 4 etc. 

I wasn't intending to get a whole bunch of hate thrown at me.

Definitely no hate been thrown, just different opinions been expressed.

• Like 2

good afternoon to all friends, greetings, I really like the mod and I have a lot of time using it, good work from the creators, I wanted to ask for help, I'm doing a mission where in a certain area I need the jump and climb functions to be disabled , but in all other areas if it works, is that possibility?

Yeah I saw that but what does he mean by "perks" at the end ? 

that obviously excludes normal servers that accept donations without ingame content perks

If you only give things that doesn't affect the gameplay like i don't know, a title on a teamspeak server, or a logo on a car, is it breaking this license ?

22 hours ago, xjoker_ said:

If you only give things that doesn't affect the gameplay like i don't know, a title on a teamspeak server, or a logo on a car, is it breaking this license ?

If you give anything back. That's monetization. If you don't give anything back that's just donations. And it's allowed to use Enhanced Movement on only donation servers.

EM is not allowed on monetized servers, period (i might've given like one or two permissions in the past but not anymore). the perks part is only to cover the old models where people basically used donations like pay to play or had shops to buy cars on life servers through "donations". grey area sneaky stuff. but i guess since BIS legitimized people making money simply by hosting a server now, that part is obsolete.

my reasoning is very simple. i provide this mod for free. i will not tolerate someone improving the experience on their paid server using my free mod basically indirectly making money with something i gifted to everyone for free. i play many multiplayer games and i have never been required to pay to play on a community ran server. i don't see why suddenly everyone needs to turn their hobby into a business. if you can't afford the hobby, find a new one or find a job that pays better. this may sound harsh but this worked before. i don't see why suddenly maintaining a server is so hard to pay for now that you're allowed to make money with it. weird coincident.

i realise that there might be legit servers that have a lot of their own work they monetize and stuff. but i will not waste my personal free time to look into them. sorry. the easy solution to that is just do it like i do and share your hard work with everyone for free and enjoy people enjoying it.

i hope that covers it. thx for understanding.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 5

Thanks to the author for the excellent work. This is an amazing addition to the game that expands the interaction in the game with the environment. I would vote for the first prize for this development. Like Mods, there are no other Mods in this class.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello,

First off... Thanks for this mod, its simply golden immersion wise and a must have..... if only it would work all the time.

I'm sure I must be doing something wrong but I have no idea what that might be, I have used it in the past with other mod setups and there was no issue whatsoever but ever since a couple of updates ago it simply doesn't want to work correctly for me anymore.

At the moment I'm doing a solo run of Ravage/ Esseker and use the modlist listed on the Steam page (Steam user) in order listed below.

CBA_a3

Cup Terrains- core

Cup Terrains- maps

Cup Terrains- CWA

Bloodlust

Ravage

RHSAFRF

RHSUSAF

RHSSAF

RHSGREF

MrSanchez's headgore mod

VSM Allin one collection

Esseker

Enhanced Movement

As far as I understand this mod should work but after setup and using it a couple of times it simply stops working and get the usual 'one leg over the fence then the other leg' animation.

Could someone please give me some advice on how to correct this as I really would like to be able to use the mod.

[Edit]

I've tried different key's and key combo's in addition to using different 'user actions' nothing seems to work.

Thx in advance,

Has to be one of those mods probably one of the weird ones :don14:   all the CUP & RHS, CBA, or any of the older map addons don't cause that problem for us. Either that or you'r getting to old to climb over :)

On 10/12/2018 at 10:24 AM, Hertoghjan said:

As far as I understand this mod should work but after setup and using it a couple of times it simply stops working and get the usual 'one leg over the fence then the other leg' animation.

Could someone please give me some advice on how to correct this as I really would like to be able to use the mod

Another cause for it to stop working can also be attributed to too many moving parts.If you have alot of AI/vehicles,additional objects that will slow it down.But one in particular that has prevented EM to not even work is that one mod you mentioned-Bloodlust.

I use an older version of Bloodlust and EM still works fine to me... but indeed, too many scripts working at once (and maybe too many active units/AI) may slow or prevent EM to work properly =)

vxlwbhE.jpg

Starring @Tankbuster

** I forgot to load the mod so it is a bit weird from my view haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yes i have this too but why not all sit in the Air?

I Mean in youres pic PabloDMA?

On 6/12/2018 at 5:36 PM, john85oc said:

Yes i have this too but why not all sit in the Air?

I Mean in youres pic PabloDMA?

Cause not everybody had EM enabled on that mission.

Hey @bad benson,

been trying to reach you for some time, so I am just trying in the BI thread now.

I want to introduce EM into a group I play in, the admins however requested changes so the mod is more restrictive and can be moderated more easily. That means I need to alter the mod in code and config. Hence I request permission for this (as stated on the license). The APL-SA license will be upheld as well, as the group does not monetize. The only donations, if at all any, are for keeping the server(s) running, no in game benefits at all.

With that, the altered mod will not be published on the steam workshop, but only in source code format on GitHub for code review etc. It will be only available in playable state over the groups A3S repo. Changes are the inclusion of CBA settings (restriction control etc), moving the keybinds from Custom Keybinds to CBA keybinds and removal of the UI components. (And the fix for ACEX sitting)

I hope this reaches you and the above mentioned changes are alright with you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1