bad benson

Enhanced Movement

2 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

Please add compatibility with fatigue from ACE.

Your fatigue and ACE are superimposed on each other and work incorrectly.

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?) And this should work?

how exactly do you mean? i'm just changing default arma stamina to add a penalty for climbing. can you explain more where it collides?

2 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

Please add compatibility with fatigue from ACE.

Your fatigue and ACE are superimposed on each other and work incorrectly.

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?) And this should work?

Just disable one of them. Then there is no issue. Both mods have a way to disable stamina settings. Don;t run both at once. It's like running 2 ai mods together-you will get problems

• Like 3

15 hours ago, bad benson said:

how exactly do you mean? i'm just changing default arma stamina to add a penalty for climbing. can you explain more where it collides?

If you disable one of them. That all works. Yes.

But if you use fatigue from the ACE. At maximum fatigue, the unit continues to jump.

If you include both fatigue, then it all works very strange.
So I ask, can you add fatigue support from the ACE? What would jumps affect it, as well as the standard one.

15 hours ago, ineptaphid said:

Just disable one of them. Then there is no issue. Both mods have a way to disable stamina settings. Don;t run both at once. It's like running 2 ai mods together-you will get problems

I understand. But I saw addons, which are normally combined with fatigue from the ACE. For example, GRAD Trenches.
When you dig trench fatigue intensifies. And the degree of fatigue can be adjusted.

6 hours ago, mrstregatto said:

mUG2Iud.png

I have this kind of error, and I don't know how to resolve.

please try this version and let me know, if it works.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qyEXnY59lB03w5GgAa7LAQGBUukJ-4qC/view?usp=sharing

4 hours ago, 0Y0 said:

I understand. But I saw addons, which are normally combined with fatigue from the ACE. For example, GRAD Trenches.
When you dig trench fatigue intensifies. And the degree of fatigue can be adjusted.

i don't know, if i want to have such specific stuff from another mod in there. feels like more a case for a seperate compatibility addon. if someone wants to make one i'll be happy to give advice.

3 hours ago, bad benson said:

please try this version and let me know, if it works.

With these files now work!

• Thanks 1

Just now, mrstregatto said:

With these files now work!

thx for letting me know. armaholic and steam have the same files. just letting you know, if you prefer any of them as a mirror.

Little ask. Where the "Menü" now? where can i set the Key etc?

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, john85oc said:

Little ask. Where the "Menü" now? where can i set the Key etc?

bro go one page back and you'll find your answer

• Thanks 1

Would you consider making CBA settings, so we can force to disable stamina system?

13 minutes ago, G. Miller said:

Would you consider making CBA settings, so we can force to disable stamina system?

you mean you want to disable arma's default stamina? that's pretty easy to do mission side.

i will probably make an editor module to handle settings in MP at some point. so far i didn't really see a need for it since the only setting that would matter in MP is the stamina stuff afaik. that feature could give an unfair advantage that server admins or mission designers did not account for. that's why it's disabled in MP by design at the moment.

the module would probably mostly be done to have an UI for the customisation variables explained in the first post of this thread (probably outdated because it was never a hot topic tbh). those are to limit heights that climbing is possible in or limit climbing to low vaults and stuff. i didn't put much effort into that part because it seems weird to create all these features to then disable half of them. put it was always kind of planned for some later time.

Aha, so it doesnt use a custom stamina system? Just uses the standard BI system. Good to know :)

3 minutes ago, G. Miller said:

Aha, so it doesnt use a custom stamina system? Just uses the standard BI system. Good to know :)

oh yea for sure. all it does is penalise you for climbing in terms of stamina. as in, takes chunks of stamina away based on how much stuff you are carrying.

and then there is also a simple switch to turn off Arma's stamina overall for SP for convenience. for all the people that are as impatient as me and just want to get all those giant open fields to be sprinted through in no time. after all these years since ofp i got tired of playing running simulator. and getting slowed down more doesn't help it.

i see now though. someone else recently asked about ACE stamina and my "stamina system" colliding. i guess i could work on messaging and rename the menu entry to "A3 stamina"? open for suggestions.

As long as turning your stamina settings off in your settings menu disables the chunking of stamina theirs no issue with ace, it's only an issue with it on because ace stamina simulates long-term fatigue by reducing the max stamina you can regen over time, maybe add a line to detect if ace stamina is being used and automatically turn your setting off by default.

fyi confirmed your sitting fix works in dedi mp, thankyou :)

On 11.5.2018 at 2:07 AM, BLACKOUT6IX said:

bro go one page back and you'll find your answer

I see now thanks.

Is there some code i can put in the init of a fence ore somthing like that so i cant jump it??

4 hours ago, loopdk said:

Is there some code i can put in the init of a fence ore somthing like that so i cant jump it??

For a while we've spoken about a blacklist for cut wire fences and something like that.

That woot be Nice.

Right now Even whit men can jumb ;)

this has been already a feature for a while.

the issue is that it only works with class names. and fences often are classless placed models inside the terrain.

this global variable exists on all clients with EM after init:

EM_blacklist_obj =
[
    "Land_Mil_WiredFence_F",
    "Land_New_WireFence_5m_F",
    "Land_New_WireFence_10m_F"
];

it's an array that already consist of some classes as you can see. i can try to make it analyse the strings of the model files, if it doesn't tank performance, so it works with classless objects. that way one could just use key word segments like "barbed". i dunno. i'll do some tests next time i open arma.

in general i'd prefer you to get creative and just make stuff higher by placing objects so it's unclimable or just use objects in general to block access. because there is no clean way of doing this. not a fan of fixed blacklists like i said countless times before. so you'd probably have to overwrite the variable each time anyways mission side.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

// ENHANCED MOVEMENT BLACKLIST
EM_blacklist_obj = [

"Land_Mil_WiredFence_F",
    "Land_Mil_WiredFenceD_F",
    "Land_Mil_WiredFence_Gate_F",
    "Land_New_WiredFence_5m_F",
    "Land_New_WiredFence_10m_F",
    "Land_New_WiredFence_10m_Dam_F",
    "Land_New_WiredFence_pole_F",
    "Land_IndFnc_3_F",
    "Land_IndFnc_9_F",
    "Land_IndFnc_Corner_F",
    "Land_IndFnc_3_Hole_F",
    "Land_IndFnc_3_D_F",
    "Land_IndFnc_Pole_F"

];

Putted in init.sqf. Works fine. Thanks a lot!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1