bad benson

Enhanced Movement

21 minutes ago, bad benson said:

so did you try from all locations?

I see foxhound just put up another version, I'll try that and the Steam version today and provide feedback. It will be a few hours before I can provide feedback.

Edit: I didn't try from an in game scenario, tested from the editor both in Altis mission and VR. Will test in game.

I tried 0.8.4.11, 0.8.4.12 from BI download and Steam version.

Options>expansions>Enhanced Movement  shows no option to change controls in any. This was from main menu. I'm using Arma 3 Apex keyboard preset. I can still assign and unassign my jump key (space) while in game under custom controls in all versions.

Hitting esc while in game does not show the old way of binding keys from the GUI at the lower right IIRC. (currently testing Steam version). While in game (esc) I do not know how to get to Options>expansions>Enhanced Movement, it doesn't appear, only from in the main menu it appears.

The only mod used was EH to test.

Launcher version: 1.5.144637
Game version: 1.82.144647

Branch: main / beta branch not specified

Too bad I can't get this to work because I like this new change.

20 hours ago, bad benson said:

- added: seperate key options for jumping and climbing anything

11 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

Hitting esc while in game does not show the old way of binding keys from the GUI at the lower right IIRC. (currently testing Steam version). While in game (esc) I do not know how to get to Options>expansions>Enhanced Movement, it doesn't appear, only from in the main menu it appears.

there are pictures in my post above that show you how to get there. if i get the right feedback i can fix it faster. wish i could reproduce it on my side so i can debug it.

here they are again...

https://imgur.com/a/KwwAbok

EDIT: try this and see if it works better

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10SxqfpffojY9PooMXjL1WXiZ12WPfW0U/view?usp=sharing

The first picture shows how to get there from the main menu.

oU7vt7A.jpg

The second pic shows from within the editor.

MAcIsOk.jpg

This is what I see in the third pic. I can get to what shows in this pic from the main menu but it does not show the green text on the right for me.

CXQNe5q.jpg

Am I looking at the wrong pic's?

so no matter where you access from, you don't get the list?

I can only get what shows in your third pic (BTW all pic's I show are mirrored from your link) from the main menu.

2 minutes ago, bad benson said:

so no matter where you access from, you don't get the list?

Correct. Like I note, can only get there from main menu.

are you saying the Expansion list is not showing when you click the puzzle piece from the pause menu (bottom right)? that would be very odd

BTW, what's the purpose of the second pic? One can't get to options>expansions from within the editor (at least I can't).

ok, so it seems screenshots with red outlines aren't comprehensive enough so i will make a video. please let me know, if the ingame pause menu one shows up for you guys. so far it looks like only the main menu implementation is broken but i need confirmation.

• Like 1

Yea, dumb me was looking for the blue cube. Never used the puzzle piece in the lower right corner even tho the his pic showed it outlined in red. With BB patience I got it to work. Sorry BB for the false alarm.

This is by far the best mod (to me) for Arma. Thanks BB for your continued contribution.

Yes, all working fine.

I am getting on screen button saying hands and secondary after I climb onto something. What's that telling me?

7 minutes ago, major-stiffy said:

Sorry BB for the false alarm.

well it doesn't work in the main menu for quite some people for some reason. so no false alarm entirely. atleast i'm pretty sure it works from ingame for everyone (until someone actually reports otherwise properly). so all functionality from before is there for now. main menu should be fixed eventually too.

@Tankbuster that's self interaction. you probably need to rebind the key since i restructured the config a little bit.

on that note. i will add a "NONE" option for user keys too since there is overlap especially now with seperate jump and climb key options. so that way you don't HAVE to have it bound to anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ah yes. Gotcha.
Can also confirm can't get into the EM menus via the main game menu, only via the pause menu from inside a mission.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bad benson said:

you probably need to rebind the key since i restructured the config a little bit.

4 hours ago, bad benson said:

you probably need to rebind the key since i restructured the config a little bit.

yep i try, but would be more comfortable have a menu while in game, right now i have to exit game to change keys.
anyway good work ! i really like this !

I know you're still working on it, but as of a few minutes ago downloading from Steam, I have no Keys/Settings options from the main menu, but it does work from the pause menu once in a game.  This isn't a big deal to me at all, as I'm used to making those settings changes once I'm in a game... plus, only have to do it once. :)

I was glad to see a single mapping option that did Climb/Jump - I was worried that you'd separated them completely. :)

1 hour ago, BB_Frost said:

I have no Keys/Settings options from the main menu, but it does work from the pause menu once in a game.  This isn't a big deal to me at all, as I'm used to making those settings changes once I'm in a game... plus, only have to do it once. :)

that's exactly the info i was looking for. thx. i'm pretty sure the issue is people using the -world=empty parameter. my bad on thinking frame handlers would work on the main menu without the intro background mission. should be fixed soon. i assume/hope that everyone has the options from the pause menu like you described. if not, jsut take a chill pill. i got two days off. should be fixed soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, bad benson said:

that's exactly the info i was looking for. thx. i'm pretty sure the issue is people using the -world=empty parameter. my bad on thinking frame handlers would work on the main menu without the intro background mission. should be fixed soon. i assume/hope that everyone has the options from the pause menu like you described. if not, jsut take a chill pill. i got two days off. should be fixed soon.

Yep... -world=empty for me.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for Mod. The best Mod expanding the immersion in the game. This is a good example of how the player's interaction with surrounding objects should look.
Sometimes, or depending on the mode of transport, in the menu of the entrance to the vehicle, there is no inscription "commander".

A picture in the spoiler

Spoiler

icsPISB.jpg

UqzdIwP.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lex__1 said:

Thanks for Mod. The best Mod expanding the immersion in the game. This is a good example of how the player's interaction with surrounding objects should look.
Sometimes, or depending on the mode of transport, in the menu of the entrance to the vehicle, there is no inscription "commander".

A picture in the spoiler

+1

Please add compatibility with fatigue from ACE.

Your fatigue and ACE are superimposed on each other and work incorrectly.

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?) And this should work?