bad benson

Enhanced Movement

Just now, Maj Ray said:

Thank you very much! I think we all appreciate this.

May I ask what those unpublished changes consist of? I ask because my unit has had animation bugs we believe are related to Enhanced Movement. Basically, some people get stuck in the leaning pose, and there appears to be no way to clear it. It's not an ACE headbug issue, because the ACE headbug clear doesn't fix the issue. I'm hoping that your update will incidentally or directly resolve this glitch.

nope. never heard of this nor seen a video of it or was passed steps to reproduce it. sounds like some things in the animation config colliding. have you tried without ACE?

1 minute ago, bad benson said:

nope. never heard of this nor seen a video of it or was passed steps to reproduce it. sounds like some things in the animation config colliding. have you tried without ACE?

I have not tried without ACE3, no. But we don't use ACE climbing, so I'm not sure what in ACE would conflict with EM. My theory was that EM was somehow conflicting with APEX animations.

May I ask what those unpublished changes consist of? I ask because my unit has had animation bugs we believe are related to Enhanced Movement. Basically, some people get stuck in the leaning pose, and there appears to be no way to clear it. It's not an ACE headbug issue, because the ACE headbug clear doesn't fix the issue. I'm hoping that your update will incidentally or directly resolve this glitch.

......and just to add BB, we used get the slow walk bug but as I read this update I am reminded that we haven't noticed it happening lately. I'm sure the bug has been mentioned but I don't recall seeing where is was addressed. Maybe it was and I didn't see the post.

Anyway, thanks very much for your continued support of this "cannot do without" mod!

5 hours ago, bad benson said:

screenshot of the building?

A3%20Barracks.jpg

this and the darker one in the background too. Maybe there is some else broken buildings, I can test it later today and I will send you report.

• Thanks 1

yeah nice!
hey benson...i always wanted to ask you...for the guys not using ACE (mainly to keep vanilla compatibility), have you ever thinked to add a sort of rappeling to EM ?
i think would be a nice addition!
thanks for your great work !

56 minutes ago, dlegion said:

yeah nice!
hey benson...i always wanted to ask you...for the guys not using ACE (mainly to keep vanilla compatibility), have you ever thinked to add a sort of rappeling to EM ?
i think would be a nice addition!
thanks for your great work !

Rappeling mods exist, for building and for helos. They're made by DUDA and I have them in my enhanced Arma modset together with mighty EM.

Mods. I mean script or mods like EM, that are only clientside. 

you should really use duda's stuff though. there's nothing bad that can be said about his work in many ways. it is very well executed, runs great alongside other mods and the way he handles it in terms of only the server needing it and there being mod and script versions is just perfect. that dude knows what he's doing. shouldn't it be working clientside anyways already unless you are on a server with signature checks and stuff?

gives me zero motivation to replicate that feature. all that besides the fact that i won't tackle any new things in general. just trying to keep EM alive.

EDIT: also, does anyone have some feedback on the files i posted earlier or did you miss the link? i'd like to know, if you can acces the menu like shown on the pictures and, if the ACE sitting thing is fixed. thx in advance.

yeah, tonight will check you link and test it !
Duda's work its awesome, but needs CBA. thats the only bad point.
i tried running it without CBA, and it kinda works, but server crash after some hours :(
a script version would have be awesome ! :)

4 hours ago, dlegion said:

yeah, tonight will check you link and test it !
Duda's work its awesome, but needs CBA. thats the only bad point.
i tried running it without CBA, and it kinda works, but server crash after some hours :(
a script version would have be awesome ! :)

what's wrong with CBA?

Is the steam version getting updated to include the ace fix?

fixed the door issue, which i found out was caused by BIS changing ladder format in the config. interesting move....so ladder interaction should work again too.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16JwOugS4UiEz2cRoaYB955Osj7Z1nD6c/view?usp=sharing

would be great to get some feedback on these fixes and the ACE sitting one. waiting for that before this goes to armaholic and the workshop.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, domokun said:

what's wrong with CBA?

eh, the fact that if run server with CBA, vanilla clients will have a "session lost" or "kicked by battleye" error soon or later.
if i run without it, and use rappeling on server, soon or later server will crash :(

I'll check the ace stuff for you tomorrow or the next, may I ask if you made use of the event handler they added for their sitting animation/function or another method? 

@SnakeDocc and @all ACE users: I have already done a quick check with the ACE sitting module active and it worked fine; also there was NO problem with the lean left/right anim.  

• Like 1

DOWNLOAD---->https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZlGzE9YUXDqyJKIosrO81lZM0Q11-brf/view?usp=sharing

- fixed: imcompatibility with ACEX sitting
- fixed: military concrete building door interaction and related broken ladder interaction
- changed: settings/keys menu now accessed through arma's default "Expansions" menu
- added: seperate key options for jumping and climbing anything

this can be mirrored now.

steam is updated too

DISCLAIMER:

the new location of the settings/keys menu is inside Arma's default "Expansions" menu.

see here: https://imgur.com/a/KwwAbok

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

thanks for your great work Ben !
any hope for a script version ?

it would be great, if everyone could drop a quick message, if things are working and the menu is showing up. i asked twice for feedback but somehow only got unrelated requests and stuff. it's the only way i can ensure it's working properly and would be much appreciated...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bad benson said:

it would be great, if everyone could drop a quick message, if things are working and the menu is showing up....

Latest update is golden, Keys and Settings menu present and correct. (Steam version)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ok sorry :)
i can confim its working ! yeah !

15 hours ago, bad benson said:

it would be great, if everyone could drop a quick message, if things are working and the menu is showing up. i asked twice for feedback but somehow only got unrelated requests and stuff. it's the only way i can ensure it's working properly and would be much appreciated...

Sorry for late recognition Sir, I was using your brilliant functionality during OFPS sessions I assume - discovered after hours of playing that its available there.

I will ask if OFPS is at latest patchlevel and then test during game.

Thank you for your work, I cannot count how often I escaped by hopping over a fence or wall since I discovered!

I downloaded from BI link above and the new control key settings are not there for me. The launcher says this mod date is 5/8/2018 so I know it's installed correctly.

BTW, the instructions in the readme on how to bind the keys looks nothing like this. https://imgur.com/a/KwwAbok

This video in the readme is wrong.

I can't play Arma without this mod! Since it works for others I'll keep trying to figure out what's wrong. If there is anything I can provide to debug let me know.

1 minute ago, major-stiffy said:

I can't play Arma without this mod! Since it works for others I'll keep trying to figure out what's wrong. If there is anything I can provide to debug let me know.

don't worry it'll be fixed asap. it's just a little tricky since i can't reproduce it.

so did you try from all locations? is it working from neither? because i have some people that have it working from the ingame one but not the main menu one.