bad benson

Enhanced Movement

So what about those closed windows? Also will the mod be fixed and stop breaking acex sitting? AFAIK it's a known issue.

3 hours ago, wynarator said:

So what about those closed windows? Also will the mod be fixed and stop breaking acex sitting? AFAIK it's a known issue.

Im sure @bad bensonwill have a look at this issues when there is time to do so. Please remember addon making is a hobby.

I asked because good sir Benson was here replaying to a bunch of other people here while leaving my questions unanswered - sure, it's his choice to answer or ignore, but then it kinda makes it fair to ask again, at least until I get any kind of reply ;)

I guess he is tired of hearing, that something needs to be fixed, when it's just not compatible with mod XYZ...

There is no way that an addon, that is changing such elemental stuff like movement can be compatible with every other mod.

:elfbash:

You could also ask the acex guys to "fix" it :P

• Like 3

@wynarator: being able to climb where you shouldn't has been discussed to death already from day one of this mod. if BIS forget to add collision geometry to certain parts of their models, there's nothing i can do. i'm not gonna go out of my way and break my detection code just because some models suck.

ACE sitting has also been discussed over and over very few pages back even. it's interesting that you mention yourself that it's a known issue but insist to push for a fix. where's my pay check at, "boss"? :f:

last time i checked it's common sense that there's little to no sense in bringing up a KNOWN issue. just some food for thought.

i'll repeat myself anyways. i'll look into it and will see, if i can add something that i'm happy with in the next update (no ETA). you have to remember that being able to walk on any object (added in the last version) requires checks every single frame.

so far i'm not really intrigued by the idea of adding checks for certain animations in there just to allow some, in my very personal view, very unimportant role playing activity like sitting in a chair. i'll see if eventhandlers will work well without a thousand other checks for edge cases. all a matter of investment and pay off for me.

in general, if your question doesn't get answered it probably means i forgot because i'm not a paid customer support worker and just casually look inside this thread from time to time when the notifications get spammed because there's activity. or it is a known issue and discussed already. so don't take it personally.

• Like 7

On 11/27/2017 at 3:29 PM, bad benson said:

@wynarator: being able to climb where you shouldn't has been discussed to death already from day one of this mod. if BIS forget to add collision geometry to certain parts of their models, there's nothing i can do. i'm not gonna go out of my way and break my detection code just because some models suck.

ACE sitting has also been discussed over and over very few pages back even. it's interesting that you mention yourself that it's a known issue but insist to push for a fix. where's my pay check at, "boss"? :f:

last time i checked it's common sense that there's little to no sense in bringing up a KNOWN issue. just some food for thought.

i'll repeat myself anyways. i'll look into it and will see, if i can add something that i'm happy with in the next update (no ETA). you have to remember that being able to walk on any object (added in the last version) requires checks every single frame.

so far i'm not really intrigued by the idea of adding checks for certain animations in there just to allow some, in my very personal view, very unimportant role playing activity like sitting in a chair. i'll see if eventhandlers will work well without a thousand other checks for edge cases. all a matter of investment and pay off for me.

in general, if your question doesn't get answered it probably means i forgot because i'm not a paid customer support worker and just casually look inside this thread from time to time when the notifications get spammed because there's activity. or it is a known issue and discussed already. so don't take it personally.

That said, I hope you don't throw up your hands in disgust. THIS mod is one that makes or breaks the game.

BTW, sorry to report (looking back a few pages I don't see anyone else experiencing) the slow motion bug is back after climbing. In a coop play, I had it happen very soon while tonight, after playing/resuming for a few hours until it struck.

Thanks BB

I loved this mod, but I wanted it to put some shooting positions, like shooting M136 lying down and discarding launchers, disposables already used!

6 hours ago, heero180 said:

like shooting M136 lying down

There is a file in COSLX (from arma2OA) that has this feature where you can lay down and shoot a launcher, the addon and code for that feature

would need to be updated for arma3's code, but best to test first and see if it works in arma3.

6 hours ago, heero180 said:

discarding launchers, disposables already used!

RHS has this i believe, Enhanced movement is about climbing and jumping and getting access to areas not able to before, up to Bad Benson really what

he'd want to implement but overall those are the core aspects of the mod.

9 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

the slow motion bug is back after climbing

Possible conflict with mods, best way to test if you haven't done already is with just vanilla game only, i know there was an issue with exile mod with a sling shot bug when you

tried to climb a fence so again conflict with another mod is very possible or it could be something totally new with latest version of arma3.

• Like 2

Ive always found the slow motion bug in relation to backpacks and weights. If your using such mods as Super backpack mod (HCBM) or something or other it always causes slow motion. Also encountered with the old GEAR mod by Ketsucorp or whatever they were called. Caused by the way they had configs setup

In saying the above Im running about 80 mods and not having any issue with slow motion climbing.

Love this mod and thanks for making it.

One of my mate (funny thing he happens to be a Q&A Tester) found a bug he could replicate.

If your jump/climb key is "space" and you do not remove "space" as your default action key, then getting in a car using "space" will bug EM and it will stop to work mid mission.

• Sad 1

On 1/11/2018 at 9:17 PM, LoneGunner1974 said:

Can you prevent climbing over barbed wire fences?

^^ this

Is there way to prevent climb certain objects? E.g. set something in object to prevent from climbing on it?

I remember that benson wanna try to implement a blacklist for this.

Take a look into the older posts here.

On 24.10.2017 at 6:09 PM, norx_aengell said:

Actually for the conflict with Ace_sitting and the walk on object stuff, i've made this (between //XENO ) : https://pastebin.com/C10nwZa8

Seem working so far...

Sorry for nooby question but where should this fix be applied to? which file do i have to edit?

regards

Chaser

These features should be in Vanilla...

I mean ive been in full gear, and i can

both jump and climb stuff...

So if its a reality thing, thats bunk.

Awesome mod nontheless

ok guys. i have a long weekend and i'm bored. so i opened up arma and took a look at my latest EM build. there's some changes i forgot to publish i guess so i'll upload it tomorrow probably. i also added a quick fix for the ACE sitting. i'll just leave a google drive link that i'll need some quick feedback on before i push this to steam WS and stuff.

the main thing aside from the ACE stuff is the menu being moved to arma's default addon browser thingy that does not really has a use otherwise. so i thought i'd hack that instead of the ESC menu to keep the latter to other mods. this also will allow you to change settings from the main menu and where ever else that little puzzle piece icon is in arma.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Awesome stuff!!!!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16vW9pTBfH61rqGonYS_bh-C_fUvJwSMi/view?usp=sharing

here it is. also some screenshots to show how to access the menu now.

https://imgur.com/a/cXl3ZyU

i trust that everyone will make sure their friends learn about this change once it's public. i'm ready for the comment spam on steam though. nothing new :don9:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

THX for your work!

I kindly remind you that opening doors via action button doesn't work on grey military building. Maybe BI changed some classes...

1 minute ago, Hans(z) said:

THX for your work!

I kindly remind you that opening doors via action button doesn't work on grey military building.

screenshot of the building?

1 hour ago, bad benson said:

ok guys. i have a long weekend and i'm bored. so i opened up arma and took a look at my latest EM build. there's some changes i forgot to publish i guess so i'll upload it tomorrow probably. i also added a quick fix for the ACE sitting. i'll just leave a google drive link that i'll need some quick feedback on before i push this to steam WS and stuff.

the main thing aside from the ACE stuff is the menu being moved to arma's default addon browser thingy that does not really has a use otherwise. so i thought i'd hack that instead of the ESC menu to keep the latter to other mods. this also will allow you to change settings from the main menu and where ever else that little puzzle piece icon is in arma.

Thank you very much! I think we all appreciate this.

May I ask what those unpublished changes consist of? I ask because my unit has had animation bugs we believe are related to Enhanced Movement. Basically, some people get stuck in the leaning pose, and there appears to be no way to clear it. It's not an ACE headbug issue, because the ACE headbug clear doesn't fix the issue. I'm hoping that your update will incidentally or directly resolve this glitch.