bad benson

Enhanced Movement

Speaking of people climbing on top of each other, are there any plans to implement the second half of the buddy climb? I.E. I climb on top of someone and up to a ledge (that part works), but then I turn around and reach down with my hand so they can grab on and climb up too.

In my mind that would be pretty hard to implement because reasons, but it'd be worth diamonds!

• Like 1

HI, i tried this out on my mission yesterday and i was wondering if this mod will overwrite my initplayerLocal  sway and Recoil?

player setCustomAimCoef 0.27;
player setUnitRecoilCoefficient 0.32;

On 7/20/2017 at 1:44 AM, bad benson said:

you are talking about a "combat roll", yes?

believe me, i have thought about it. i probably have thought about every suggestion people made so far. i'd love to make all/most of them, trust me :f:. i usually wait until the concept is rock solid in my head before realising it.

one thought i had was use the jump key combined with direction. but i wasn't sure, if that was a good idea since it could cause a lot of accidental combat rolls. i really want to keep the one key solution intact so an extra key is kind of out of the question. will have to think about it more. but i like the idea for sure.

No, sorry, i dindn't meant combat roll, it's not realistic, doing that on asphalt for example is pretty painful, especially with a jump like in "The Division" (there character would get dead from jumping pretty fast ) ), additionally with 30-80kg of equipment, what i meant is jumping into cover like:
0_19a085_12083c40_orig

(https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/479589/111360945.1/0_19a085_12083c40_orig)

(top view)

(additionally cool what in the game is the stance the animation would get character into)

and it would be great if would be possible to setup button+button for it (i have space+W|A|D|S=change stance, if that thing could be space+Q|E (left|right roll buttons) it would be awesome) 

On 25.7.2017 at 9:47 AM, jonpas said:

In relation to ACEX Sitting, it only changes animation and sets position and direction, no ray casting involved. Unit most likely gets stuck on top of the helper object while it is supposed to "fall" to the floor. 

are those vanilla animations? i could see if i can make a blacklist feature for anims that disable the roadway objects.

On 1. 8. 2017 at 7:09 AM, bad benson said:

are those vanilla animations? i could see if i can make a blacklist feature for anims that disable the roadway objects.

They are derived from vanilla ones. You can see them here: https://github.com/acemod/ACEX/blob/master/addons/sitting/CfgMoves.hpp

They all start with "acex_sitting", and the changes from vanilla animations are the ones in the macro on top.

• Like 1

- fixed: imcompatibility with ACEX sitting
- fixed: military concrete building door interaction adn related broken ladder interaction
- changed: settings/keys menu now accessed through arma's default "Expansions" menu
- added: seperate key options for jumping and climbingth anything

this can be mirrored now.

steam is updated too

• Like 5

On 6.8.2017 at 5:49 PM, bad benson said:

DOWNLOAD---->https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXiclc4Q1VCNUx6S1k/view?usp=sharing

- added: option in the menu to turn off forced walkable surfaces incase it conflicts with anything

this is the best solution i can come up with for now. since the code for the the forced walkable surface runs every frame i have to be careful what i add in there. so i want to avoid too many checks on what is happening. i might add a check for those specific ACE anims later on. we'll see.

hey buddy, is there an option to force the server to overwrite the usersettings of EM?

or a new workaround for the acex sitting issue?

best regards

Chaser

• Like 1

When I ESC whilst in-game, there's no meniu to bind the jump and etc. this happens when I got no other mods installed too! :down: (CBA_A3 still included) 

Hello!

I wonder if there is a way to disable and enable the features of the EH Mod when i want it to.

For example if the player is in radius to a special building/object then should not be able to climb or what ever.

Is there a way? 

On 11.09.2017 at 3:59 PM, LukasGaming said:

When I ESC whilst in-game, there's no meniu to bind the jump and etc. this happens when I got no other mods installed too! :down: (CBA_A3 still included) 

I still got it, try re-download CBA and Enhanced movement (from Steam Workshop). 

On 9/17/2017 at 2:31 PM, Vasily.B said:

I still got it, try re-download CBA and Enhanced movement (from Steam Workshop). 

Fixed it by copying all that's in Enhanced Movement's "Addon" folder to the one of the game!

How can i remove the "slow motion" climbing when i have a lot of weight? I have made a mod so that my backpack can have a lot of stuff. But when i try to climb he's very slow.

I tried changing: EM_weightlimits = [9999999, 9999999, 9999999, 9999999]; 

But that didn't work. Any tips on how i can remove the weight limit? Thanks!

45 minutes ago, psrkallez06 said:

How can i remove the "slow motion" climbing when i have a lot of weight? I have made a mod so that my backpack can have a lot of stuff. But when i try to climb he's very slow.

I tried changing: EM_weightlimits = [9999999, 9999999, 9999999, 9999999]; 

But that didn't work. Any tips on how i can remove the weight limit? Thanks!

You can disable fatigue in the EM menu. 

lol. that is quite slow. how much stuff are you carrying?! when you think you covered all grounds with your options some new crazy person comes along :don11:

i could disable the speed coef when stamina is disabled but i honestly don't know, if i want that. i might make it another option but not sure, if i like that either. will have to think about it.

thx for letting me know though. haven't thought of that scenario.

On 22.9.2017 at 2:02 PM, LukasGaming said:

Fixed it by copying all that's in Enhanced Movement's "Addon" folder to the one of the game!

that is great to hear. be aware though that all that means is that the mod wasn't properly enabled. sometimes when i upload an update it corrupts the workshop download for people or something weird. usually unsubbing and resubbing to create a fresh download will fix that.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, bad benson said:

lol. that is quite slow. how much stuff are you carrying?! when you think you covered all grounds with your options some new crazy person comes along :don11:

i could disable the speed coef when stamina is disabled but i honestly don't know, if i want that. i might make it another option but not sure, if i like that either. will have to think about it.

thx for letting me know though. haven't thought of that scenario.

Well I'm carrying a LOT of stuff. As i said, i have made a backpack which can take pretty much anything.. So i have around 30 AT missiles, and like 10+ 200 RND mags (i just used that for testing) i don't actually play with that lol..

About the speed coef, do you know what file contains that? Maybe i can play around with it to make him always climb "fast"?

This is what i found:

b541320052167281d026ae6fc2d2fce8.png

Not really sure which one i need to change.

Thanks for your answer! :)

Would it be possible to fix sideways movement speed? Like sometimes I'm playing Delta Force or something similar and we're all walking in a diamond formation and nobody can freaking keep up, because walking forward speed is different than walking sideways/backwards. It would be really really cool to add another pace - "superslow" for recon and such, that would have the same movement speed no matter the direction. What do you guys think? I'd love to see a mod like this for more milsim communities. I find it really annoying that every few other seconds I have to change my pace, turn 90 degree, run forward to catch up and then turn back again to my sector while walking sideways, it's superdumb in arma.

hello.

i wish to use this awesome mod for my dedicated servers, and wish to make it compatible with vanilla if possible.
can someone explain me how do this, enabling signatures v2  and battleye ?
huge thanks!

On 24.10.2017 at 6:09 PM, norx_aengell said:

Actually for the conflict with Ace_sitting and the walk on object stuff, i've made this (between //XENO ) : https://pastebin.com/C10nwZa8

Seem working so far...

cool. i'll implement it in the next update with credits. thank you!

EDIT: actually i think i'll try to come upwith a more flexible fix. based on animation or something. we'll see. thx though

• Like 2