bad benson

Enhanced Movement

22 hours ago, armatech said:

Since the new Jets DLC if you try and climb on top of a running chopper the chopper will blow up

hm. i'd need some class names unless it's all choppers. my guess is that it'll be fixed with the next update. so whatever you used to walk on choppers should be obsolete then. unless it's bloodwyn's stuff.

anyways, sorry for the delay guys. i'm not really focussed in terms of arma these days. on and off really and mostly working on my AI modules (stay tuned on that, cool stuff coming). so i'll release the update that makes everything walkable on the weekend or before that.

• Like 11

its a the little bird chopper and no other mods of the enhanced movement the trick is to have the engine running then hit your EM keybind and boom. im quite excited with this AI dooohicky you talk about cant wait

I'd not be surprised that the chopper blows up ... you'll also be a little mushy after the rotors have finished with you!

@armatech there's not much i can do there i think. i will look into it but i think it's just arma being real dumb as always having shit physics thinking that a collision with a human being should cause an explosion or something. only way i can explain it since the helper object i use doesnt even have collision. only a roadway lod. it would also explain why the explosion happens after the climb because that is when the play has collision again.

as for the AI stuff. it's not EM related. so don't get excited about climbing AI. talking about dem raptors and wild dogs and stuff. will take a while though. i hit a minor technical wall i need to maneuvre around first and also the weather is too good to not go outside.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kremator said:

I'd not be surprised that the chopper blows up ... you'll also be a little mushy after the rotors have finished with you!

An empty chopper will not blow up-there is no issue there. It is only if you stand on one with someone in the pilot seat etc -so yes it does make sense :D

• Like 1

slight hick up in the update. i got sick and decided to also take some time to look at some things i wanted to fix for a while. with all this walking on moving things and "pirate" ships business popping up i want to see if i can make climbing functional from the swimming position again. in other words: climbing onto stuff from the water.

i also want to see what this exploding helo business is about. i tend to ignore these freak issues because i prefer not to load up my code with more hacks jsut to fix engine issues but maybe i can find a simple one that doesn't birth more issues and is easy on performance.

i figured since you have bloodwyn's stuff to play with, that there is no real rush to release this update.

• Like 4

Does this project have a GitHub or someway to submit issues / fixes? I found some and I'd love to help out.

Just put them here. BB is great at visiting here so there should be no problems. 

@Synixe yea just send me a PM with details and i'll implement it as soon as i have time. you'll of course get credits and all that. if i forget to mention you for whatever reason don't hesitate to remind me.

• Like 2

Anyone getting an issue where using this in singleplayer will work but then when you save and exit it won't work the next time you load the save? Anyone got a fix? :)

On 31.5.2017 at 1:33 PM, kremator said:

Hope you are feeling better BB !

don't worry man, i just had the shits on that particular weekend i was planning to initially update. thx for the thoughts though :don9:

On 31.5.2017 at 11:27 PM, xbxzah said:

Anyone getting an issue where using this in singleplayer will work but then when you save and exit it won't work the next time you load the save? Anyone got a fix? :)

hm. maybe i broke the save game handling in one fo the last updates. it definately happens. i'll look into it when i have some time.

so i've been chipping away at the update slowly and it's almost ready. aside from the roadway hack that allows walking on anything (even balancing thick walls) i added support for BIS door locking on houses and made climbing out of the water work again after it was disabled for ages. so nice little update. i'll try to do some more stuff later like improve the fast getin function. it's pretty basic and limited. still focussing on rewriting raptor/zombie/dog AI modules though.

stay tuned!

• Like 5

I must congratulate you on this mod without which my grenade into the pill box wouldn't be much good.

Thanks to this mod, my infantryman is able to claw his way up, squeeze through the gun slit and into the pill box and open the blast door from the inside.

And walk out in a cloud of cordite-tinged smoke and grim smugness.

• Like 5

About savegame/load - its a very known issue since year at least (or longer) - i saw tens of report on ACE 3 github. Off course, no signs of BIS developers are up to fix it.

1 hour ago, Vasily.B said:

About savegame/load - its a very known issue since year at least (or longer) - i saw tens of report on ACE 3 github. Off course, no signs of BIS developers are up to fix it.

You say its a known issue for ACE3, it maybe not the same issue here. And please don't start moaning about the BIS Developers, you should be quite aware what road that leads to by now. 

• Like 2

Don't seem to be able to look into a crate with the EM anymore? has that option been removed or I'm I remembering this wrong? :eh:.. Was handy when there was a lot of players round a crate.

Just now, jgaz-uk said:

Don't seem to be able to look into a crate with the EM anymore? has that option been removed or I'm I remembering this wrong? :eh:.. Was handy when there was a lot of players round a crate.

nah i think you're right. i noticed this too since i'm lazy and use that all the time when i play. i think i just randomly fucksed it when i moved stuff around. will make sure to repair befire release. thx for the reminder.

On 14.06.2017 at 0:45 AM, R0adki11 said:

You say its a known issue for ACE3, it maybe not the same issue here. And please don't start moaning about the BIS Developers, you should be quite aware what road that leads to by now. 

It was related to almost all mods, ACE 3 was first mod i saw this issue. Sorry for touching the untouchable but thats a fact, you cant deny that.

7 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

It was related to all mods, ACE 3 was first mod i saw this issue. Sorry for touching the untouchable but thats a fact, you cant deny that.

You're right. No-one can deny that software always contains bugs despite users reporting them. STOP PRESS.

Software development is often a long and frustrating process because in the real-world we are constrained by resources of time, money & expertise.
For example, on my current project  we Closed 500 defects in 18 months (5-10 per week) but we've still got another 150 defects pending.

Guess what? We launched last year with 100 defects because we considered that none of them were Blockers (Critical or Major), i.e. 100 = Average or Minor.

The last 2 months were terrible, we had CCB (Change Control Board) everyday. Grinding. However we hit our target of 0 Blockers on launch! But everyone was dust.

So good bug reports help but whinging doesn't.

Most of us strive for excellence, not perfection.

• Like 4

Hi, 

I was wondering if it was possible to include your mod into my Mod pack for my community, of course giving you full credit for your work!

This will help me reduce the # of mods needed to join the server!

Thanks,

Best Regards

Blacklist:

How can I blacklist some fences for EM?

All with NATO wire should be not climbable.

Land_Mil_WiredFence_F

Land_New_WireFence_5m_F

Land_New_WireFence_10m_F

i'll try to make sure to add blacklisting to the next version.

• Like 3

Hi dear developers of the awesome mod, did you thought about adding some life saving movement, like jump left|right on side.on ~1m. into |lying on side| adjusted position?

• Like 1