bad benson

Enhanced Movement

Hey, what about integrating some "SMK movement" mod in EM ? It was so awesome on Arma 2 for some tacticool :D ...

26 minutes ago, Shifty.FR said:

Hey, what about integrating some "SMK movement" mod in EM ? It was so awesome on Arma 2 for some tacticool :D ...

How about being more specific?

Because SMK Mov delivered many features

2 hours ago, domokun said:

How about being more specific?

Yep, for example

The crouch stances at 1:08 and 1:40 for more realism

Tweak the stance when running with weapon down like at 3:24

And will be awesome to be like at 3:39

sorry but i have no interest in any of those features. i prefer simplifying things instead of making them more complicated. not a fan of sticky cover at all either let a lone all kinds of key combos to do things i'd probably not use frequently or at all.

i don't even use the adjust stances intriduced in arma 3 because arma is just clunky and these make it even more clunky. like the side step thing when you adjust to the side in arma for example. the way it locks you into the animation is so bad imho. if there was a modifier key for normal lean and it would be temporary like normal lean, it would somewhat make sense but even then i'd probably never use it. i like to control my character in tiny increments with high accuracy instead of using predefined ranges and stuff. 

i always felt that crouch, prone and lean is all a game needs to have to give you all the tools to peek with least exposure possible and get out of the line of fire fast and effective.

also this mod is about traversing your environment without annoying restrictions including getting ONTO things in addition to over them (aka climbing) and i consider it feature complete aside from the take down stuff i might add soon.

i'm however always open to suggestions. if something makes sense to me and is easy to implement i might consider it. but don't hold your breath. as i said before. my focus is now maintenance instead of adding more things. both because i don't want to ruin a simple and beautiful thing with more potential bugs and i don't have the motivation to do that either. i'd rather like to polish what is there tbh.

• Like 7

Tossing a Backpack or taken down machine gun onto the same objects you  can climb would be awesome to setup hasty ambushes, etc.

• Like 1

Hello there I am very new to the whole Arma series. I've been advised to give some mods a go and this one was among them. Sadly I have some troubles getting this mod to work. Ive followed the installation steps but i've been enable to find the keybinding menu which was shown in the youtube video. Does anyone have a clue how to fix this?

edit:

I reinstalled arma + the mods and it seemed to have fixed it

Edited by NoArmaVeteran

hey there. I was actually using the daylight laser quite a bit. is it possible to have that back? maybe in an optional folder or so...

• Like 1

don't worry. will be back very soon. just in a different addon.

• Like 4

good news for all you lone wolves aka SP players out there.

i identified the issue with save games. it was caused by one of the optimisations to the code which caused it not accounting for certain cases only happening in SP save and load environment anymore. i'm so glad it's not some freak issue and it all made sense in the end.

now i can finally resume to the fun things like take downs and lazors and all that good stuff.

sorry for the inconvenience. old saves will most likely break and i will, as mentioned most likely not add a fix for that because that is extra work i don't feel is worth the effort or making the code more ugly and hacky. i will collect all your tears however and use them as fuel to make the above mentioned stuff happen asap. win..uh..win? :don9:

• Like 7

try this build guys (no mirrors yet pls)...mostly SP guys, because otherwise nothing much has changed i think.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXiWDdQeUdkXzVDVEE/view?usp=sharing

known remaining issues:
stamina disable will not carry over but can be reset via the menu. still looking for an elegant solution.

EDIT: also note that while all weight limits are lifted by default, jumping will still be limited by stamina to vaoid bunny hopping fully loaded soldiers. i'll leave that as is for now because changes are scary and stuff.

just lettting you know so you don't think it's not working. so make sure to test on walls instead of testing, if you can jump.

• Like 5

do these likes mean that it works for you guys? was kind of looking for confirmation. seems like the stamina thing works fine now too. i think i was still messing with old saves. if all is good for the SP people, i'd like to officially update to finally get this off my shoulders.

• Like 1

Tested the "Lone Wolf" build last night.....

Started a fresh showcase mission with stamina enabled, and a fresh scenario mission with stamina disabled, saving and reloading these missions returned zero problems on my end, hopefully some other "lone wolfs" can chip in with extra confirmation, but I'd say your good to go with an official update..... 

climbing smiley

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

Tested the "Lone Wolf" build last night.....

Started a fresh showcase mission with stamina enabled, and a fresh scenario mission with stamina disabled, saving and reloading these missions returned zero problems on my end, hopefully some other "lone wolfs" can chip in with extra confirmation, but I'd say your good to go with an official update..... 

climbing smiley

Yeah can second what Evil has said. Just fired up saved game and all good my end. :f:

UPDATE POST

Returned the >>>>>> like this <<<<<< compliment (Evil)  :f:

• Like 1

Well I tested this update with Ravage mod and now it works fine after loading and resuming the game. Works when exiting and starting the game again. Good job bad benson.

• Like 1

Maybe I overlooked something.

Is it correct that with the latest version you use Custom keys instead of directly assigning key strokes? I downloaded from Armaholic. is that an outdated version?

thx guys. update tonight on steam. the rest of you already has what they need.

@Crielaard yes you are correct. this ensures not only that people can use mouse keys but also double strokes of keys. further more it takes care of double binding through the engine. i can't count how many times confused people told me they ejected vehicles when changing fire mode (F key was default for the interaction part of the mod) or used scroll actions when jumping (Space was default for jump/climb). it's overall a much cleaner and more future proof solution.

if you need help setting up the keys refer to the short guide video in this thread or on the steam page. sorry for the confusion. but you seem to already totally get it and only to be looking for confirmation anyways.

• Like 1

No No great! it just got me confused but yeah the F for eject was an issue for some people :)

great job on this mod. It may not have been simple to create but its these 'simple' and small mods that make Arma so much greater. versus the 1000meg mods.

I mean the Megabytes vs. Addition factor is skyhigh!

Is the new version that's going up on Steam (I haven't seen it there yet) the same as the SP test version that you linked to above? Also, going by the file size, it looks like someone already added the SP test version or some other version to Steam on 2/15.  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864530612&searchtext=enhanced+movement

STABLE UPDATE

DOWNLOAD---> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXieWN0bGdtWHMzTms/view?usp=sharing

changelog

- changed: initialisation moved from preinit to postinit to ensure player unit related settings (like stamnina) are applied after the player unit is created

this can be mirrored (you'll do your thing anyways...just trying to prevent EM update spam on your sites lol)

thx in advance foxhound and others!

• Like 3

well this was bound to happen. fix one thing break another. story of my life. since the latest update seems to have broken Exile compatibility and since steam is updating my mod in the weirdest way which caused me to not notice eventhough i was testing on several exile servers with what the launcher said was the latest version, i'm afraid the spam is real. sorry foxhound

DOWNLOAD---> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXiNXV6VlU0d3FFWkU/view?usp=sharing (or just get it from steam)

this update is irrelevant for any non Exile users. literally nothing has changed for you. so no rush. just making sure armaholic has the latest stuff.

• Like 1

quick simple update. only changing the mod name in the mod.cpp and some other minor things. so people who it matters to. be aware!

DOWNLOAD---> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXiS1l6M0FKRm96MTQ/view?usp=sharing

changelog

- expanded core functionality for mod settings...now supports default values for setttings
- mission EH optimised for Exile mode
- changed name inside mod.cpp too

for laser and NVG features go here:

• Like 4

Hello mr. Benson.

Is it possible to allow AI to climb over fences and walls as well?

Apologies that this has been addressed earlier but I just don't have time to read all of the posts.

2 hours ago, pvt. partz said:

Hello mr. Benson.

Is it possible to allow AI to climb over fences and walls as well?

Apologies that this has been addressed earlier but I just don't have time to read all of the posts.

If you use the C2 mod, you can tell AI on your squad to use Enhanced Movement, but they won't do it automatically.

• Like 1