bad benson

Enhanced Movement

1 hour ago, bad benson said:

...probably just need to wait till one of them notices. or just let them know yourself.

I finally found the proper place in the PWS forums to let them know about updated mods. Hopefully they will see it and address the issue. Thanks for such a great mod.

17 hours ago, domokun said:

@bad bensonI agree that it'd be a great idea if stamina and weight impact the speed of the hurdling and climbing animations, where the more tired and heavier you are the slower you go over.

I equally think that it's a great idea to make these effects optional because although Arma's a milsim at heart, no everyone is a hardcore milsimmer.

Finally, I agree that it would be awesome if a solider carrying to heavy a load (40kg max?), couldn't climb over a wall. I think it'd be more exciting if we started slowly, slowed, grunted and then stopped when reaching that critical of pulling past the chest, before dropping back down gasping for breath. Imagine the panicked horror when realising that you'll either have to drop something from your loadout or find an alternative route.

I like the idea of not being able to climb over a wall if too heavily loaded but if such a feature were added it would be nice to see a realistic option to drop heavy gear over the wall (packs and launchers) and then climb over the wall and retrieve the gear.

• Like 3

i had a report that EM stops working now after you load an SP save AFTER RESTARTING THE game. otherwise it's supposed to be fine. i'll drop some test versions for SP players. so would be great if those guys could let me know, if first of all they have this issue too and second if those test versions will fix it. sadly the whole thing is full of details that take account for all the arma quirks. so changing things can easily break stuff. sorry.

there are also some reports about error messages concerning the laser since it is not present now. since i have not had these i assume it is also SP related where old EHs remain in the mission eventhough the addon itself has been removed. i'd also like confirmation on that one and also let you know that i'll add in automatic clean up for those. should fix it.

I haven´t reloaded a SP mission after restarting ArmA3 (just reloading a save during a normal session), I´ll test it up for ya, BB... and about the errors with lasers and NVG, there´s an easy fix: bring them back, LOL

Really... yesterday I really missed my visible laser dot on daytime missions, and missed fondly the "tuiiiiinnnn" sound of turning NVG on and the graphic effects... I guess I´ll pester you off till you change your mind =)

I also noticed that script heavy missions disable interaction (I was playing Kydoimos CTRG mod´s showcase and neither EM´s interaction nor MOCAP nor TPW HUD nor NSS Admin mods were working... TPW fall, the vaulting and jumping from EM and MCC worked a little laggy, but were there...

When you have the SP restarting fix, I can test it for ya too =)

[EDIT] I´ve sucessfully restarted a SP mission and the EM modules were all working... thou I use Moduload mod, so maybe it is a cheap fix lol [edit off]

Cheers

• Like 2

I also came across the issue where after loading an SP saved session i was unable to get the mod continue working, even the attributes on the pause menu were missing .

@bad benson

Found that there's a weight limit of +/- 45kg.

Or maybe should call it a height limit because when weighing more than 45kgs, only able to climb up a very low height.

Screenshots

• Player wearing APEX gear weighing 45.09kg.
  • Only Bergen Backpack is loaded, nothing in uniform & vest.
  • Without launchers or pistols.

image.jpg

• Boxes A, B & C with different heights.

image.jpg

• At 45.09kg - Able to climb all 3 boxes.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• At 46.91kg, only able to climb box A which is the lowest.
  • Failed at climbing boxes B & C, thus no pictures shown.

image.jpg

• Like 2

works as intended.

what's your point? you want this limit to be removed? because i'm thinking about it at the moment as the last few posts illustrate.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bad benson said:

works as intended.

what's your point? you want this limit to be removed? because i'm thinking about it at the moment as the last few posts illustrate.

how can I change the limit? Maybe I want 30kg limit, not 45

My point was to show that we can't really climb houses, boulders etc when fully loadout with more than 45kgs. There are people who wants it limited while others doesnt.

Maybe you can make it optional via an ingame setting or player editable UserConfig file.

• Like 1

guys guys. all this has been possible since forever.

please just read the first post of this thread. there is a guide there how to change variables too.

blackburnrus. you have been asking this several times in the past i think. it's all there. i also made sure the anim speed var is explained too. i'm almsot certain you are the one who asked for it. it basically allows you to mess with anim speed coef as a mission maker without EM resetting it to 1 every time. so everytime you change animspeedcoef in your mod or mission make sure to change the EM anim speed variable too.

let me know if something doesn't work properly and i'll look into it.

i will definately review the setttings that are default. but don't expect any major changes. any change already creates a lot of tears so i try to keep it at a minimum.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bad benson said:

guys guys. all this has been possible since forever.

please just read the first post of this thread. there is a guide there how to change variables too.

blackburnrus. you have been asking this several times in the past i think. it's all there. i also made sure the anim speed var is explained too. i'm almsot certain you are the one who asked for it. it basically allows you to mess with anim speed coef as a mission maker without EM resetting it to 1 every time. so everytime you change animspeedcoef in your mod or mission make sure to change the EM anim speed variable too.

let me know if something doesn't work properly and i'll look into it.

i will definately review the setttings that are default. but don't expect any major changes. any change already creates a lot of tears so i try to keep it at a minimum.

How do I edit the mission variables? I'm just a regular player not server admin or mission creator.

25 minutes ago, -Snipes- said:

How do I edit the mission variables? I'm just a regular player not server host or mission creator.

have you read the mission maker guide?

i'm sorry to say but, if you neither possess these basic skills nor are willing to aquire them then changing these settings will not be for you. those are meant for communities and mission makers to influence global balance for all players, if needed, and not for every single player to change frequently.

i like options but i also have my own views on what this mod should be like. sure i could easily add those settings to the menu but that defeats the purpose of them. as much as i like the whole tool box approach, i'd like to reserve SOME control of how things play out by default, you know?

either way. read it first then come back with specific questions. don't ask "how do i do the whole thing" when it's documented for the very reason that i don't have to type out what i'm currently typing out at this moment everytime someone asks. :f:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bad benson said:

have you read the mission maker guide?

i'm sorry to say but, if you neither possess these basic skills nor are willing to aquire them then changing these settings will not be for you. those are meant for communities and mission makers to influence global balance for all players, if needed, and not for every single player to change frequently.

i like options but i also have my own views on what this mod should be like. sure i could easily add those settings to the menu but that defeats the purpose of them. as much as i like the whole tool box approach, i'd like to reserve SOME control of how things play out by default, you know?

either way. read it first then come back with specific questions. don't ask "how do i do the whole thing" when it's documented for the very reason that i don't have to type out what i'm currently typing out at this moment everytime someone asks. :f:

Pehaps I didnt make myself clear, I'm just A REGULAR ARMA3 Player AKA MOD User.

I download / subscribe mods, find a COOP server and start playing.

I don't make missions or mods, so I don't see why there's a need for me to read the mission maker's guide.

I gave you a feedback from A REGULAR ARMA3 Player AKA Mod User's point of view and experience using your mod.

You are speaking from the mod maker / mission creators point of view, telling me that I should learn how to edit your mod myself ?

Pls make life easier for us regular normal Players AKA Mod User.

Edited by -Snipes-
AKA Mod User ... lol

31 minutes ago, -Snipes- said:

Pehaps I didnt make myself clear, I'm just A REGULAR ARMA3 Player.

Pls make life easier for us regular normal Players.

is this a regular Arma player?.........  Related image

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

is this a regular Arma player?.........  Related image

:dummy:  :dummy::dummy:

• Like 5

Lol well played EO and Snipes. Gave me a chuckle...

One of the many challenges in modding is that there is no way to make everyone happy. Adding features adds complexity and problems at times so sometimes you either need to learn to adjust things to your own tastes and use it privately or accept the mod makers vision for the mod...

It gets frustrating, I think , for widely used mods because everyone has a different intended use and opinion and when changes are made... the people who used it with no problem are then unhappy... and it becomes a vicious circle..

• Like 1

Snipes: Just saying. If you are a player and want a mod that is public server friendly AND tweakable so everyone can have their own set of rules what should be possible to do and not to do .... I'm afraid you're a bit off the mark. Isn't the basics kinda opposite, that everyone has the same rules to abide by?

• Like 2

i might add an option in the menu at some point but honestly i'm against it for mentioned reasons.

also, snipes, what you said about you just being a dude that joins servers exactly shows that you are not aware of the complexity of the issue. i don't know if you noticed but the stamina option only works in SP for a reason.

your expectation of setting the mod up just how you like is simply unrealistic. it would simply be considered a cheat if that was possible.

as i have said numerous times, i will review how it works now since i have said my, fucken, self that i don't like how it is now. would be great, if people would read what i write when i open up a discussion about this very issue instead of breezing by it and just voicing their own personal needs as if i never said anything. yes, indeed, it gets annoying.

i want there to be some depth to how it works with weights, period. however, i think i might've set it all to the same limit in some earlier update, honestly can't remember. the functionality to have it disable stuff in steps is there. always has been.

also consider this. go to aweapon mod's thread and nag at people to change or help you change damage values. in my book that's exactly the same thing. see how it goes.

anyways. tired of typing. cy'all later.

• Like 1

Hi Bad benson, thx for your awesome mod, our community simply can't play without it ^^. Actually we can climb on fence with barbed wire on it. Can you restrain the climbing possibility for this kind of object ?

@-Snipes- k, so i took a deeper look at stuff and turns out the fact that there is a limit there is not by design (EM code). actually all weight limits are already disabled by default as far as i can tell. only thing that happens is that there is a scripted stamina penalty calculated from the load you carry and also the animation speed of the climb is altered based on load. it's funny. i'm now starting to relearn what i actually did back then lol.

so what i found out is that when the engine forces you to walk because of your load is also the point where certain climbs don't work anymore. i often play with stamina disabled or my own experimental stamina system that only limits sprinting. so i never noticed it's caused by the engine implementation. thx for letting me know. i'm assuming you play with stamina disabled too judging by your pictures. would explain why you didn't mention the forced walk.

i'm thinking it's related to animation interpolation set up in the config. (found it, it's caused by me setting all weight limits to 1 aka 100% which made sense until i realised it can go above 100% :don9: which is exactly the point where it forces you to walk with stamina on)

i was already starting to think i'm crazy since there seems to be nothing in the code forcing a weight limit right now and. makes sense since i talked about this before some time back. so turns out i already removed it.

anyways. my points on mission vars still stand of course but i stand corrected. not working as intended it seems. will make sure it's fixed in the next update. :dummy:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, bad benson said:

works as intended.

At least, work in the ability to take of backpack and throw it over or put on same surface you are going to climb up to. This will then give the player a few second delay at taking the backpack off and on again. My thoughts, instead of allowing a change limit.

• Like 1

so i investigated the new save game issues and so far it's all really weird. i'm honestly not sure what i changed that broke. even now with an internal fix that makes everything including the menu load properly, the keys don't trigger eventhough the data is all there.

i can't fully immerse myself in it currently. so bare with me. i'll do my best to fix this asap. probably just another accidentally deleted line while restructuring stuff.

edit: wtf. i just had an instance of the game in the background running for a while. it started working after at least 10 minutes. that is weird. please see if you can reproduce that behaviour and maybe give me some numbers.

k. little extra info. definately fixes itself over time. seems to be reproducable. all the code is runnign fine from the start though. so not sure yet what the cause is.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

here's a version to get you guys up to my state (please don't mirror this yet since i might fix this tomorrow or something): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXiNUhmTjN6QVZzc1E/view?usp=sharing

TEMPORARY FIX: after resuming just load the same save game again. should fix it reliably

• Like 5

How to set up the jump button (space bar).

Edited by R0adki11
removed horrible formatted font

4 hours ago, 3ZUB said:

How to set up the jump button (space bar).

Did you read the "readme" ?

@3ZUB

watch this

also added this to the first post.

sorry but documenting things is so much work. and many people will ignore it anyways. so excuse my lack of it or sloppy approach to it.

as for the save game stuff. i found the issue. it's pretty deeply rooted though. doesn't mean it's harder to fix but it is very likely that savegames made with older versions will break after the next update. in older versions i was using a traditional key handler and all kinds of hacks based on it to kind fo solve it. but i want to come up with a better way to solve this once and for all in a solid way that doesn't break as easily in the future. might take a while and i will try my best to provide something to fix older save games but no guarantees.

the current way with reloading a savegame after resume shoudl be fine for a bit. bare with me guys while sort out this mess, bare with me :dummy:

• Like 2

Hi bad benson,
I've got an issue with the mod. Here's the deal, I was playing Haleks Ravage mod, and upon loading saved game (when I exited the game) the enhanced movement mod doesnt work anymore. I havent had this issue on earlier versions so I doubt my other mods create this conflict. Could you look into it mate?

Edited by Lecter