bad benson

Enhanced Movement

EM works with L_Climb addon, no conflicts.

I use both, as one or the other is better for different circumstances. Climb has a good animated jump down, but EM is better for climbing up rocks. Its great they don't clash at all.

EM works with L_Climb addon, no conflicts.

I use both, as one or the other is better for different circumstances. Climb has a good animated jump down, but EM is better for climbing up rocks. Its great they don't clash at all.

Where can one find the L_Climb mod?

EDIT: Nevermind, I belive you're talking about this mod - https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/169238-laxemanns-climb-enables-basic-climbing-in-arma-3/?hl=l_climb

If one was only going to install one climbing mod, which would you prefer?

Anyone found a strange issue when trying to get into doorways while crouching using EM.... I normally have to standup before I can cross the threshold of the door.  Doesn't happen on vanilla - I can enter crouched.

• Like 1

Anyone found a strange issue when trying to get into doorways while crouching using EM.... I normally have to standup before I can cross the threshold of the door.  Doesn't happen on vanilla - I can enter crouched.

Happens to me in vanilla with some buildings.

• Like 2

Yeah, I've encountered that bug with doorways all the time, I've kind of played it off to people who ask in that it's your rifle hitting the door, but if it isn't that as a "feature" added by BI and it's actually an unfixed bug, then it's been around since at least pre-Bootcamp update, when I got A3. 

• Like 1

quick small update:

this mostly includes the exploit fixes i added based on nickorr's detailed feedback (thx again) and includes an Exile compatibility pbo. only use this pbo, if and when you are actually playing Exile. i will have this pbo seperate on the workshop but in the mix but deactivated on the armaholic version. that means in a fodler inside the addons folder from where it will have to be moved inside the addon folder to make it active.

the module for settings will have to come in a later update. i want to focus on the raptors for a bit since i've been letting people wait for that for a while. problem was i was really far ahead already but when i ran the code again after a month or so after lettign it rest for a bit it suddenly had horrible fps. so i rewrote pretty much the same thing now and it runs great again. no idea what happened there.

anyways. here it goes:

download---> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXiNDF1U2FoN2FaNnM/view?usp=sharing

STEAM (EM main)---> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=333310405

STEAM (EM - Exile compatibility pbo)---> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=762046686

DISCLAIMER: bewarned that the key is a totally new one. so make sure to update all files. i removed the "EM" from it so i can use it for other releases too. the real reason was a windows reinstall though to enable me to create keys and signatures at all (thx to Lordprimate again for temporarily creating key sand sigs for me).

let me know if anythign went wrong. didn't have time to fully test this.

• Like 1

did everything work fine for everyone? would love some brief feedback. you never know what a mess i created in a rush, had a few guys test it but i also have the usual super vague "doesn't work" comment on the workshop. so would be appreciated.

i will remove the landing anims in the next update, if there are no objections. over time with arma updates the transitions got so bad that i think it's time to drop this feature. it might resume in a better fashion. i hope the module will make it into the next version too. migh be easy to do since i'm making one for the raptors too.

monologue done.

• Like 1

did everything work fine for everyone? would love some brief feedback. you never know what a mess i created in a rush, had a few guys test it but i also have the usual super vague "doesn't work" comment on the workshop. so would be appreciated.

i will remove the landing anims in the next update, if there are no objections. over time with arma updates the transitions got so bad that i think it's time to drop this feature. it might resume in a better fashion. i hope the module will make it into the next version too. migh be easy to do since i'm making one for the raptors too.

monologue done.

Just starting up A3 now-will let you know if I see any issues.

"doesn't work" comments are just like windows error codes, worthless

• Like 2

I wasn´t able to climb those "truck loading" platforms (waist level height) on the Pearl Facility at Tanoa... I´ll test again on another mission, could be some script interference (I was playing Baraban´s Sentinel Outbreak zombie survival) and btw, I´ve died on the "floating sideways fatal glitch" after a fail attempt to vault the alluminum walls at the said facility

I´ll post back if it is still bugged for me (again, could be a script heavy mission interfering on EM functionallity)

EDIT: by "removing landing animations" you mean just the animation, or the "safe drop feature" at all? I use it a lot! Please don´t take it off, even if it is a little buggy

Cheers!

Feedback, playing on a slick mode (@CBA and EM only), Em was way more sensitive, but still had the same problem with my mod heavy setup: some obstacles, like the said loading ramps, alluminum walls and such on Tanoa needs 3 or more EM key hits to actually jump/vault (had to smash up to 3 times my space key to jump) and sometimes the "teleport" glitch happens (for a brief moment I see my avatar over the obstacle, standing still, and then the vault/jump over animation is triggered... the previous installment seemed to me more "rock solid" in terms of stability (sometimes EM delayed almost 4 mins to trigger, but once it work, I didn´t had heavy glitches and jump fails...)

I´m reverting to July hotfix (the last released after APEX hit the shelves, so to speak lol) for the meantime ;D

Cheers! 

corporal_lib: are you using the Exile pbo? also , are you using steam or armaholic? it would also be useful to get some coordinates on those places.

4 minutes delay sounds very strange. i have only added a few checks to fix the climbing through walls in some cases. sounds a little strange what you describe there. the test version i released doesn't differ at all from the one i just released actually, if i remember correctly.

BB can you adjust your paypal thingie? It makes it so that I have to create account when I try and donate while others you can just enter a CC# without joining

Been tryna get ya some beer

problem is. i've been using this version for weeks and i have no issues whatsoever. so i can't reproduce anything except it being more sensitive, which i explained already.

might just have to revert to that test version i posted here, if that works better for everyone.

@bad benson

I have no issues with your update. Some people are just unlucky I guess.

• Like 1

I know I said on steam i had no issues-well I just found one. If you have an IR laser turned on and the beam makes very close contact with an obstacle such as a rock or the ground if you are prone you will get this error.It seems to only appear when the entire beam is cut off by the obstacle-when your gun barrel is very very close to something. This happens if your laser option is active or not.

Oh-this is the armaholic version.

UFRdNoL.jpg

• Like 1

Regarding the exile compatibility pbo. Is it required by both server and client? If it is required by both could I host a download of the mod with both pbod already in it?

Regarding the exile compatibility pbo. Is it required by both server and client? If it is required by both could I host a download of the mod with both pbod already in it?

This is mostly what I was curious about - if client needs to place the pbo in their existing EM folder, the type of people who play Exile...that's basically impossible.  You'd have better luck convincing the world that there is a definitive winner between the M4 and the AK47.  I know this isn't your responsibility (benson) but if it is required by both client and server, having an additional download that is EM-Exile (with all pbo's inside) would be ideal - whoever hosts it on steam workshop not being immediately important to me.  

Also not relevant to benson, but then the mod has to be added to A3L (like a week turnaround) because using the Arma 3 Launcher or Armaholic is also pretty much impossible, lol.

does not work with ACE concurrently, seems to keep vanilla stamina AND ace stamina when your mod is enabled.

launched with just ACE and CBA, advanced fatigue working fine.

launch with ACE, EM and CBA, advanced fatigue now has vanilla stamina running at the same time, breaking advanced fatigue. 

corporal_lib: are you using the Exile pbo? also , are you using steam or armaholic? it would also be useful to get some coordinates on those places.

4 minutes delay sounds very strange. i have only added a few checks to fix the climbing through walls in some cases. sounds a little strange what you describe there. the test version i released doesn't differ at all from the one i just released actually, if i remember correctly.

I´ve used the Armaholic version, and NOPE, I don´t play Exile, so I´ve just deleted that optional file (and bisign)

The 4 min delay happens on script heavy missions and mod heavy setup... my PC is old and APEX furthened the gap of performance on Arma so don´t really worry about this =)

And you haven´t clarified what you said about landing animations: are you just disabling this animation or the "safe drop from heights" feature of EM?

CHeers!

no safe drop won't be changed. works great. looks okish. talking about going crouch after certain landing from certain heights and prone from even higher. i'll remove that until i can make it look and feel better.

• Like 1