bad benson

Enhanced Movement

This mod works perfect on our pub server, you sure your players have it on?  Also, turn it on server side.  We used steam/arma launcher and automated the whole process so there are no mistakes.

yeah i have it on when i launch as well, ive used a3launcher and manually to launch to make sure and i still get the same result. its  definaitly launching with the server Ive checked the logs and i get no errors, if i had a different version wouldn't i just get kicked from the server upon joining ? im so confused :/ Ive also tried turning infistar off to make sure it wasn't that, still no menu... 

I've been using this for some time now, and it really changed the game for the better. I've been using F for interaction, and V for movement (also F for default action from vanilla) it all works great together.
But there is one slight problem, when I'm using some other keybinds (CTRL+F, Shift+F, CTRL+V for example) it triggers the vanilla action, but it also triggers the mod stuff (F) and opens the menu whenever I'm close the vehicle, or inside it, while I'm trying to do something else.

I know there are probably some limitations to what you can do here, but is there a chance you could somehow detect modifier keys (CTRL, SHIFT, ALT), so while they are pressed, your mod doesn't do anything? This could probably be an option in settings or similar, since some people use modifier keys for your mod actions.

If it's impossible, or really hard to do, no worries - don't bother with it. I just though I might as well ask, it could be simple enough.

is there a chance you could somehow detect modifier keys (CTRL, SHIFT, ALT), so while they are pressed, your mod doesn't do anything?

As far as I know it's quite easy to detect : the "onKeyDown" EH returns the state of Shift, Ctrl and Alt.

functionName_keytest = {
	params ["_ctrl", "_dikCode", "_shift", "_ctrlKey", "_alt"];
	if (_shift || _ctrlKey || _alt) exitWith {hint "nope..."; false};
};
(findDisplay 46) displayAddEventHandler ["keyDown", "_this call functionName_keytest"];
  • Like 1

Oh great! Hopefully bad benson can implement it somehow, to stop these conflicts when he gets around to it :)

I saw this in the topic

this is a list of mission variables and what they do

--------------------------------------
weightlimits for Enahnced Movement
EM_weightlimits = [300, 600, 900];

execute this inside the mission for all players
with a delay to make sure babe_em has already been initialised before you do so.

(for example a trigger)

you can also do waituntil {!IsNil "babe_em_init"};

this example shows how the three weightlimits can work. the climbs and vaults

(except for the very lowest) are divided into 3 heights. so in this example,

if you have a load (loadabs player) over 900 you won't be able to get on/over

the (normally) biggest height. over 600 will not allow you to get on/over the

second biggest height and so on.

fall damage variables
EM_fd_min_dam_h = 4;
EM_fd_mu = 1;

with a delay to make sure babe_fd has already initialised before you do so.
(for example a trigger)

you can also do waituntil {!IsNil "babe_fd_init"};

the first variable is the height cap that will determine which fall height

will do damage at all. so any height below that number (in meters) will not
cause any damage.

the second variable is a simple damage multiplier. so by increasing the

value you can increase the damage output of the fall damage formular.

where I must write this to use weightlimits and so on?

anyway to get this to work for epoch it has a critical bug ( im guessing it might have the same bug with exile too but not sure )

[Critical Bug] Enhanced Movement - Climb and jump over structures. **enables stealing locked vehicles!

i don't think this applies anymore. but if it does, it's easy to fix.

Enhanced Movement is not able to cross the new low rock walls on Tanoa. The character seems to get stuck about halfway across then does the Arma stuck character floating thing until it is back on the original side of the wall. No problems climbing anywhere else that I have seen, even with climbing through windows.

This one here "Land_StoneWall_01_s_10m_F".

Enhanced Movement is not able to cross the new low rock walls on Tanoa. The character seems to get stuck about halfway across then does the Arma stuck character floating thing until it is back on the original side of the wall. No problems climbing anywhere else that I have seen, even with climbing through windows.

Confirmed-it doesn't seem to happen every time,but often. 

Interestingly I noticed that enhanced movement lets you climb the new abandoned tanoa temples quite easily-they are the perfect height for each level of the temple. Made me wonder if BI planned on adding in a climb function, but more likely each temple floor is probably just the same height as the low roofs of normal building models...

ok, let me quickly go and fix that model...oh wait. shit. i can't. :P

please refer to the first post for known issues. this mod doesn't handle things per object. that would be crazy. you'll have to forward that to BI and tell them to make consistent collision geometry. EM literally just gets you there. what happens there (up there) is down to what will be under your feet.

i won't soften offsets and shit just to compensate for broken and missing geometry. that will just lead to more and other problems.

EDIT: mission maker guide updated in the first post (very bottom). i will also post it in this post. basically just updated the info to match the current state.

this is a list of mission variables and what they do

weightlimits

EM_weightlimits = [1, 1, 1, 1];

with a delay to make sure babe_em has already been initialised before you do so.

(for example a trigger)

this example shows how the three weightlimits can work. the climbs and vaults

(except for the very lowest) are divided into 4 heights. so in this example,

the limit is 100% (1) which means there is no limit. if you want to set a limit for a

climbing height to let's say 50% you set the corresponding array entry to 0.5.

then you can only perform that climb, if you carry less than 50% of your load capacity.

booleans to limit movement

EM_enable = [true, true];

(for example a trigger)

you can either disable climbing ONto things or OVER things setting

one of these booleans to false.

boolean to disable EM locally

EM_allowed = true;

(for example a trigger)

you can either disable EM for a client by setting this variable false on their machine.

i will also most likely add a module to this so peopel can easily change these values. not a fan of modules for that purpose because they add a dependency to the mission but since you can change hte struff without a module too, it should be fine.

• Like 5

ok, let me quickly go and fix that model...oh wait. shit. i can't. :P

please refer to the first post for known issues. this mod doesn't handle things per object. that would be crazy. you'll have to forward that to BI and tell them to make consistent collision geometry. EM literally just gets you there. what happens there (up there) is down to what will be under your feet.

i won't soften offsets and shit just to compensate for broken and missing geometry. that will just lead to more and other problems.

EDIT: mission maker guide updated in the first post (very bottom). i will also post it in this post. basically just updated the info to match the current state.

i will also most likely add a module to this so peopel can easily change these values. not a fan of modules for that purpose because they add a dependency to the mission but since you can change hte struff without a module too, it should be fine.

thank you, bad byson) But what about animation speed?) How can I change it?

@Stormforge, ineptaphid, and bad benson

I opened a ticket (aka task) on the Arma Feeback tracker reporting in the issue about Land_StoneWall_01_s_10m_F.

@Stormforge, ineptaphid, and bad benson

I opened a ticket (aka task) on the Arma Feeback tracker reporting in the issue about Land_StoneWall_01_s_10m_F.

I highly doubt BI will change one of their models just to stop a minor error in a mod. Personally it is not an issue for me-I just use the vanilla step over with those walls.

@ineptaphid

I didn't report it as a mod issue, I reported it as  "Land_StoneWall_01_s_10m_F has incorrect geometry and will report the wrong height when using lineintersectsSurfaces," So hopefully that will help.

didn't look at the actual model but maybe it's simply too low to climb over? in that case it should be walkable i guess.

For a dropdown implementation, how about if a simple raytrace from high Z to low Z in front for 2 metres finds nothing, not even terrain, it plays a VehicleGetOutLow, accels the player forward, and disables the damage event handler for 2 seconds or so?  Seems like an easy tweak to allow dropping from around 5 m, which is pretty astoundingly high as it is.  (I know I wouldn't want to drop more than 3 m when wearing nothing more than athletic clothes, let alone if I were in full kit and had an extra 30 kilos slamming down on my kneecaps.)

Presently you can just run at the edge and jump and you're usually fine for a "respectable" height of about 3~4 m or less, so the dropdown feature isn't actually as needed as some people think it is -- although since it does appear in LAxemann's I can see why people want it. =)

Gah, now I'm starting to wonder about more advanced features like installing a grapple and then abseiling down.  Heh.  I hate feature creep. ;-)

Anyone able to recreate this or is it my crazy end of things? :)

• Like 1

Arma Gameplay Rules

Rule #82 : Don't climb on vehicles.

• Like 1

Arma Gameplay Rules

Rule #82 : Don't climb on vehicles.

Ever!! I died watching that. Time to test.

For a dropdown implementation, how about if a simple raytrace from high Z to low Z in front for 2 metres finds nothing, not even terrain, it plays a VehicleGetOutLow, accels the player forward, and disables the damage event handler for 2 seconds or so?  Seems like an easy tweak to allow dropping from around 5 m, which is pretty astoundingly high as it is.  (I know I wouldn't want to drop more than 3 m when wearing nothing more than athletic clothes, let alone if I were in full kit and had an extra 30 kilos slamming down on my kneecaps.)

Presently you can just run at the edge and jump and you're usually fine for a "respectable" height of about 3~4 m or less, so the dropdown feature isn't actually as needed as some people think it is -- although since it does appear in LAxemann's I can see why people want it. =)

Gah, now I'm starting to wonder about more advanced features like installing a grapple and then abseiling down.  Heh.  I hate feature creep. ;-)

Enhanced Movement already features safe drop including custom animations. walk to the edge, look straight down, press the climb/jump key.

• Like 4

Does the "indepth MP testing" from the first post mean that this mod is MP compatible?

Sure is been using it on dedi and player hosted, with some people running it others not still works, so you should be good to go mate. 

• Like 2

Hi,

Found a problem recently:

Buildings with low ceiling and some furniture inside, if you try to climb some cabinet inside - after climbing the soldier "slips" through the ceiling to the upper floor. Seems, the mod doesn't check if there is an obstacle above the point, that can be climbed on.

Is it possible to add such check, so that if the distance to obstacle above is less than <height-at-which-arma-can-push-soldier-up>, and if yes - just not allow to climb?

The abusing of the above described bug is game-breaking :(

• Like 1

hm. i'm not sure that is the exact problem seeing how the animation is performed on the bed and not on the top right away. looks more like the player controller slips upwards after going through the ceiling. pretty sure there is a check like that in the code. been a while but almost certain.

and again. the fact the animation is performed on the bed indicates that the target location is at hte right spot. hard to explain how the system works but where the character goes in the animation is also the exact position that is the target inside the code.