bad benson

Enhanced Movement

Thank you, AGAIN, Bad Benson... One of those mods that just makes the game that much more immersive.

Wow thank you! I was just coming to check for activity in this thread and bam! update!

So with the update, I pressed F to switch weapons in the helicopter I was flying and was unaware that F was the interaction key. My guy happily leaped out the chopper and due to my BloodLust mod, exploded into multiple chunks of meat upon impact with the ground.

I changed the interaction key though after leaping out a few more times for my own amusement.

• Like 3

So with the update, I pressed F to switch weapons in the helicopter I was flying and was unaware that F was the interaction key. My guy happily leaped out the chopper and due to my BloodLust mod, exploded into multiple chunks of meat upon impact with the ground.

I changed the interaction key though after leaping out a few more times for my own amusement.

Exact same thing happened to me :D

ok so basically the entertainment value increased. mission complete :lol:

• Like 2

Nice mod!) Guys, can u tell me, how can I change the speed of this new animations? They're to fast for me

Interaction key can be changed, I use Ctrl & shift, it save conflicts

To change press escape then go to EM interaction menu bottom right of screen.

Thanks again Bad Benson for this excellent addon (And the update)

=============================================

Blackburnrus Why would you want to watch yourself in slow motion? the animation speed seems quite realistic.

Blackburnrus Why would you want to watch yourself in slow motion? the animation speed seems quite realistic.

no slow-mo)  Vanilla charachters speed is to fast for me, and I play arma with mod-pack, where the speed of movemet reduced about 7%. And its fine for me

EM already adjusts speed based on fatigue and load carried. my adjustment probably overwrites yours temporarily. i'll not make it slower sorry. i can look into the code if i set it back to 1 after climbing or, if i set it back to what it was. can't remember how i did it right now. that's all i can offer.

i think options are nice, but somewhere there has to be a line drawn. can't make everyone happy. i'll get back to you about the above though.

• Like 1

Hello! Thank you for a great mod! But,  please, create one in the settings menu depending on the function off jumps over obstacles and pull the weight of the equipment. To be able to turn off the realism.

EM already adjusts speed based on fatigue and load carried. my adjustment probably overwrites yours temporarily. i'll not make it slower sorry. i can look into the code if i set it back to 1 after climbing or, if i set it back to what it was. can't remember how i did it right now. that's all i can offer.

i think options are nice, but somewhere there has to be a line drawn. can't make everyone happy. i'll get back to you about the above though.

It will be great!)

turns out i'm always resetting the anim speed coefficient to 1. i will fix that. thx blackburnrus for making me aware of this. it's a minor thing but changing it will assure that other scripted systems that influence anim speed stay intact. like what you use and coincidently some mission code i'm working on.

thx. great feedback. you'll have to wait a little for the next update though. it'll be soon but i don't want to spam armaholic with updates and i'll also have to finish some additions that didn't make it into the last update.

This mod is great - big fan of the movement part of it. :)

I'm wondering, though, if there could be an option (userconfig?) for setting how high you can drop without experiencing damage, or adjusting the damage amount?  A bit too high with this, and ACE (at least I think it's ACE doing it) damages every part of the body, and bleeding, and pain (we call this the "starfish" ... as in the position one must be in to experience such damage ;) ).

• Like 1

This mod is great - big fan of the movement part of it. :)

I'm wondering, though, if there could be an option (userconfig?) for setting how high you can drop without experiencing damage, or adjusting the damage amount?  A bit too high with this, and ACE (at least I think it's ACE doing it) damages every part of the body, and bleeding, and pain (we call this the "starfish" ... as in the position one must be in to experience such damage ;) ).

about ace damage: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/3629it is official fix of "damage every part of the body when u falls down". You can try it now, its working. Or u can wait next version of ace with this fix)

but userconfing will be good) I want to play this mod with my community with incresed stamina loses and reduced speed animation when climing,.

Hope I can do this easly, If someone show me needful lines of the scipt)

this mod doesn't change fall damage at all. it did quite some time ago but not anymore because BI finally (in one of their updates) set fall damage to a reasonable amount instead of insta dropping dead after a very small drop. i don't really see how ACE increasing fall damage is any of my business.

this mod however let's you drop safely by looking straight down from an edge and then pressing the climb button.

i can make a video later demonstrating the feature since it is not shown in the official video because it wasn't implemented at that point. i think quite some peopel don't really know about the feature.

this mod doesn't change fall damage at all. it did quite some time ago but not anymore because BI finally (in one of their updates) set fall damage to a reasonable amount instead of insta dropping dead after a very small drop. i don't really see how ACE increasing fall damage is any of my business.

this mod however let's you drop safely by looking straight down from an edge and then pressing the climb button.

i can make a video later demonstrating the feature since it is not shown in the official video because it wasn't implemented at that point. i think quite some peopel don't really know about the feature.

I didn't mean to suggest that you were responsible for ACE damage. :)  But even when using the drop down, there is a limit to how far you can drop without damage (obviously).  I was hoping to just tweak it upwards a bit.  (PS: I used this mod for a long time without realizing the drop down feature was there... I found it by happy accident)

alredy did this video) first jump: without safely drop, second - with

• Like 1

Great mod, I think now with your vehicle interaction, I have finally everything on keybinds, and no need for action menu. My mouse wheel sometimes jumps up by a random number (when scrolling down) so using action menu to enter vehicles was often more painful than usual. Thanks!

I didn't mean to suggest that you were responsible for ACE damage. :)  But even when using the drop down, there is a limit to how far you can drop without damage (obviously).  I was hoping to just tweak it upwards a bit.  (PS: I used this mod for a long time without realizing the drop down feature was there... I found it by happy accident)

well, ACE seems to be your problem though, since tbh, the drop down is VERY safe at times when using vanilla damage.

so to make more clear what i meant. you play with ACE, you feel their damage stuff is too much, you ask me to change that inside enhanced movement which practically would mean catching their stuff and overwriting it. so it's not really about how you meant it but what the reality of it is. it's just not something i see myself doing. sorry. i was too happy when BI fixed their shit and i could delete all my fall damagehacks that only caused more problems.

Wait, what?  Drop down feature?

exactly lol. i just suck at documenting things :( main reason was/is me toning down the whole arma modding thing. but damn, beautiful Tanoa is giving me ideas and stuff.

Great mod, I think now with your vehicle interaction, I have finally everything on keybinds, and no need for action menu. My mouse wheel sometimes jumps up by a random number (when scrolling down) so using action menu to enter vehicles was often more painful than usual. Thanks!

glad it makes your life easier too. arma people are really particular about their habits and my menu might not be the most pretty solution but i think at this point it was literally over a year since i last used the scroll menu to find the right seat squinting my eyes trying to read the long description of it in a tiny list lol.

my door stuff might need some work though to make it compatible with EVERY single one in the game plus addons.

• Like 2

well, ACE seems to be your problem though, since tbh, the drop down is VERY safe at times when using vanilla damage.

so to make more clear what i meant. you play with ACE, you feel their damage stuff is too much, you ask me to change that inside enhanced movement which practically would mean catching their stuff and overwriting it. so it's not really about how you meant it but what the reality of it is. it's just not something i see myself doing. sorry. i was too happy when BI fixed their shit and i could delete all my fall damagehacks that only caused more problems.

exactly lol. i just suck at documenting things :( main reason was/is me toning down the whole arma modding thing. but damn, beautiful Tanoa is giving me ideas and stuff.

glad it makes your life easier too. arma people are really particular about their habits and my menu might not be the most pretty solution but i think at this point it was literally over a year since i last used the scroll menu to find the right seat squinting my eyes trying to read the long description of it in a tiny list lol.

my door stuff might need some work though to make it compatible with EVERY single one in the game plus addons.

Ive installed this mod on my server but i don't get the menu in when i press esc and neither do any of the players on the server, it was working perfectly and its an awesome mod, i just have no idea why its not working now, keys are in, Ive checked the logs and the server is launching with the mod but no menu, any ideas ? please help :( 

Ive installed this mod on my server but i don't get the menu in when i press esc and neither do any of the players on the server, it was working perfectly and its an awesome mod, i just have no idea why its not working now, keys are in, Ive checked the logs and the server is launching with the mod but no menu, any ideas ? please help :(

This mod works perfect on our pub server, you sure your players have it on?  Also, turn it on server side.  We used steam/arma launcher and automated the whole process so there are no mistakes.

This mod works perfect on our pub server, you sure your players have it on?  Also, turn it on server side.  We used steam/arma launcher and automated the whole process so there are no mistakes.

Does this need to be running on the server?  I have never had it installed... or is that just for addon control using the keys?

Ah, clearly I misunderstood how the mod worked - I didn't realize that you didn't actually manage the damage anymore.  Cool.  Again, thanks for the very enjoyable mod. :)