bad benson

Enhanced Movement

hm. i just compared the NVG effect i added to make lights more blinding with default and it doesn't seem to make much difference anymore. might be the visual update. i think i will redo the effects entirely and see what i can come up with.

little prerelease test version for those interested. please wait with additional mirrors until i give the go. waiting for some eager people to see if there are some last minute problems. so please report, if i missed something or introduced a new problem. should all be mostly good though. just making sure.

NVG has been left untouched since i'm kind of unsure what to do with it right now. so if you don't like it, as any other feature, you can just disable it.

possibly incomplete first draft changelog

CORE:

- fixed (hopefully): infamous _bx error

- added: unbind keys using ESC key (menu will close but it works so w/e)

EM:

- fixed: insta prone/crouch

- added: pistol and rifle versions for drop down animation

- added: stamina penatly based on load carried

- added: switch variable fo people who only want to use certain aspects of EM...will be explained shortly with proper release

INT:

- fixed: vehicle menu can now distinguish between empty seat and seat with dead person in it

LAZOR:

- added: laser feature can be disabled via menu

the delayed crouch when unarmed issue is hard to fix so far since it's not clear what exactly the cause is. will keep an eye on it. i'll release this version officially tomorrow and see if i can get stuff that is still missing (posssibly?) in a next update.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXiVXdXSF9kWVRXbEU/view?usp=sharing

• Like 2

If you could sign them I can test them on the dedicated for you mate..

be quick if you can though as I'm staging tonight - will be a week delay otherwise :-) 

SJ

Just tested the pre-release and I don't know if this is intentional but here goes...

1. I couldn't jump/vault.

2. If you had the weapon lowered when climbing then the weapon gets in ready state after you climb a wall etc.

Keep up you great work bb love this mod.

/KC

Just tested the pre-release and I don't know if this is intentional but here goes...

1. I couldn't jump/vault.

2. If you had the weapon lowered when climbing then the weapon gets in ready state after you climb a wall etc.

Keep up you great work bb love this mod.

/KC

1. i can vault and jump just fine. sounds pretty random to be honest. please add me on steam (badbenson) so we can hunt this bug down or see, if you maybe had a giant loadout or something.

2. yea stance restoration is postponed for a simple reason. i'm busy with another project and it will potentially be very tedious trial and error anim config work. it's on the to do list though. i'm sure i'll get a random impulse to work on it soon.

as soon as the tools stop being annoying and let me sign the pbos i will release properly. signing just stopped working. one of those arma typical "go fuck yourself", "why?", "because!" - moments. ugh

• Like 3

Everything still seems to be still working movement wise since the 1.6 update. But using the H key to get into crates or vehicles positions seems to have stopped working.

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it.

It was useful in that you didn't have to keep running round a vehicle to get in.

i'm glad to hear someone actually uses the interaction features. not to toot my own horn here but i use that stuff all he time and couldn't live without it,

pls elaborate on the problem. are you talkign about the seat UI too or "quic get in" a la bf3/4.

i'm asking because i removed/deactivated the latter some time ago. but i'd be happy to bring it back in an updated form. vehicle seat I still works for me. i basically use EM constantly since idon't really play the game but usually work on mission code that i constantly test. so i end up using all the features a lot after all. long story short i need more details and repro info because on my end everything is fine. otherwise i can't do much about it.

again, feel free to add me on steam.

I used to be able to;

one context sensitive key to (was the H key when near enough to);

--> open doors/hatches and perform any close by actions
--> climb ladders
--> access the gear of any object (vehicles, ammoboxes, etc.)
--> get quickly into prioritized vehicle seats (temporarily disabled) Is it going to be enabled?
--> vehicle seat menu
--> access gear of group members (temporarily disabled)

Cant seem to be able to do any of that at the moment since 1.6 update?

sorry guys. couldn't get the signature tool working. i'll let somene sign the update for me tomorrow and release it properly.

@jgaz-uk: check the menu if hte feature got somehow disabled. there's an option to disable interaction features.

OK I'll check tks.

I wonder if I'm using an older version?

Any chance of a link to the latest version download?

===============================

Later that day :rolleyes: Yes somehow? it was off! . :icon_redface:

We are good to go again sir thanks for that.

• Like 1

I use interactions mostly to eject from planes when bashing V key isn´t working...lol

The only feature I disable is the extra grained NVG, all the rest of EM is super essential more me =)

cheers!

• Like 1

Same here, it enables you to get out of burning vehicles when injured when nothing else works.

ye just so people who use the vehicle menu know. not sure if i mentioned it but you can get into seats now that are occupied by dead people. kinda forgot to do that and just noticed a week ago. i might make a new video that presents those features a little better. i feel like most people don't even know about them. i was also thinking about adding a very simple silent take down for when you were able sneak up behind a unit. just a simple one click thing. thought that would be cool when playing ravage sneaking around behind zombies' back.

@Corporal_lib: yea the NVG might actually disappear from this mod eventhough it's optional. it all depends on, if i will be able to fidn a new effect that works well with the new lighting and added grain (at least i saw some grain in vanilla on dev build at some point).

i wish i could play around with focus like you can in the splendid cam. problem with external cams is that you have to do additional UI scripting to reenable stuff like shooting. my vision would be an NVG with a very small peripheral area aroudn hte green one so you kind of see the edge. similar to the 3d scope concept i made. not sure how realistic that would be but could potentially look fancy as fuck with adjustable focus and shit. anyways. just thinking out loud. one would need to be able to manipulate the depth of field effect some how.

• Like 2

bad benson: I'm a huge fan of the NVG-effects and it runs pretty much like it always has on 1.60 for me (I never play on vanilla maps tho). Just last night we had an awesome small scale night time op on Al Rayak and even in the newly introduced pitch black night we had an amazing experience in in big parts thanks to your NVG effects. If you remove it from the mod, would it still be possible for me to keep the older babe_nvg.pbo loaded and somehow get the effect to load?

To be very frank ... I'd rather never use NVGs with the vanilla looks again, than loose your effects :D

• Like 1

ok then. i'll keep it then. again it's optional, so shouldn't be a problem. and if i make a new one i'll make sure to gather enough feedback.

i got someone to sign my pbos. so signed releae incoming.

• Like 1

<3

Thanks a million!

1. i can vault and jump just fine. sounds pretty random to be honest. please add me on steam (badbenson) so we can hunt this bug down or see, if you maybe had a giant loadout or something.

Tested again today and had no problems jumping...must been that I tried to jump heavy and exhausted...sorry for the noise!

/KC

• Like 1

k, here it goes. public full on release of this tiny update. had LordPrimate help me out by signing the files (thx mate) as a temporary solution until the BI tools stop hating me. sorry for dragging out such a tiny update. couldn't fix it on my own. totally random breaking of things.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXibUdaOTJTNWlUQnM/view?usp=sharing

CORE:

- fixed (hopefully): infamous _bx error

- added: unbind keys using ESC key (menu will close but it works so w/e)

EM:

- fixed: insta prone/crouch

- added: pistol and rifle versions for drop down animation

- added: stamina penatly based on load carried

- added: switch variable fo people who only want to use certain aspects of EM...will be explained shortly with proper release

INT:

- fixed: vehicle menu can now distinguish between empty seat and seat with dead person in it

LASER POINTER:

- added: laser feature can be disabled via menu

silent take down comes in the next update. need to sort this tools situation first.

• Like 8

Can the stamina stuff still be disabled BB? i use some stamina changing mods and at the moment your addon works fine with them if i turn off stamina in it.

not sure what you mean. what i've done is only change the stamina penalty formular slightly. nothing more. should act pretty much the same as before in terms of settings.

not sure what you mean. what i've done is only change the stamina penalty formular slightly. nothing more. should act pretty much the same as before in terms of settings.

Hey man, i tried the new Enhanced Movement on my 1.60 server and the mod isn't working, i have the same mod client and server side along with the key and stuff however the mod isn't loading... I looked through the logs and saw the server was loading the mod serverside but still got nothing, any ideas?

name |               modDir |    default |               origin |                                     hash | hashShort | fullPath
18:02:43 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
18:02:43                                                @EM |                  @EM |      false |             GAME DIR | e4d9904bf4d365334fd0918300a870c7d24022d0 |  63c265c0 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\@EM
18:02:43                            Ryan's Zombies & Demons |    @ZombiesandDemons |      false |             GAME DIR | bc9a355d4ddab783bf912981bc56001dddc7b897 |  5f862e78 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\@ZombiesandDemons
18:02:43                                 CUP Vehicles - 1.3 |         @CUPVehicles |      false |             GAME DIR | 316bf660eb45b7f6d0fe09ab06604c263034af25 |  b9d29b6d | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\@CUPVehicles
18:02:43                                    CUP Units 1.3.1 |            @CUPUnits |      false |             GAME DIR | 49f2aaa7f9872d608f7dca40ff6de4274967d0d1 |  fbe0fafb | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\@CUPUnits
18:02:43                                    CUP Weapons 1.6 |          @CUPWeapons |      false |             GAME DIR | 8db6bdac14bfd0db4284c6c35abe0ca336cd79be |  700c11cf | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\@CUPWeapons
18:02:43                       Community Base Addons v2.4.0 |              @CBA_A3 |      false |             GAME DIR | 0874b3117ba845aa6c9aa4a86a2fea7549729617 |  ef57f0f4 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\@CBA_A3
18:02:43                                          Exile Mod |               @Exile |      false |             GAME DIR | 2aca2920ea6f52c1cbdcbdf7c7d2efc44c90442d |  3197fd66 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\@Exile
18:02:43                                  Arma 3 DLC Bundle |            dlcbundle |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           | 
18:02:43                                    Arma 3 Marksmen |                 mark |       true |             GAME DIR | 8a8bc2a7d7ad8251bcc82f29aea6d3f34ebffb3d |  1c11a244 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\mark
18:02:43                                 Arma 3 Helicopters |                 heli |       true |             GAME DIR | 1614a75b4d3cceb5d296ca4101a589fba596aa5e |  9a800f11 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\heli
18:02:43                                       Arma 3 Karts |                 kart |       true |             GAME DIR | 41f70c200a668f39e52eedf55e0c6f494aef1903 |  c9867676 | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\kart
18:02:43                                        Arma 3 Zeus |              curator |       true |             GAME DIR | fb1eec1e78a39cd021a71a293ae4ae1e00c98686 |   44f886e | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\curator
18:02:43                                             Arma 3 |                   A3 |       true |            NOT FOUND |                                          |           | 
18:02:43                                            @a3_dms |              @a3_dms |      false |             GAME DIR | da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709 |  11fdd19c | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\@a3_dms
18:02:43                                       @ExileServer |         @ExileServer |      false |             GAME DIR | da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709 |  11fdd19c | C:\TCAFiles\Users\JordanH\21288\@ExileServer
18:02:43 ==========================================================================================================================================================================================================

That's fine ,I was just checking. Sounds good :)

• Like 1

Hi.

Is it intended that the Steam Workshop link is not working anymore? I wanted to show this to some friends.

seems like i had to accept new conditions from the work shop. that itunes kind of thing. should work now.

• Like 1