bad benson

Enhanced Movement

regarding the unarmed/crouching thing, I found it okay-but somei=times you have to hit the crouch button a couple of times, thats all

Solved it:

I needed to change the load order. Now it works. Thank you!

not really since i'm not the author of that mod. i tried to make my code as friendly to other approaches as possible so it can work with other stuff. but there are some "wrong" methods/bad practices that can cause these types of issues.

you'd be better off asking the same question the author of that mod. sounds like his/hers is overwriting my key handlers. it's a common mistake when people use displaySETEventHandler instead of displayADDEventHandler.

here are the wiki pages, incase you plan on contacting him/her: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/displayAddEventHandlerhttps://community.bistudio.com/wiki/displaySetEventHandler

anotehr possible direction could be him/her using oneachframe instead of BIS' stacked eventhandler function: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/onEachFramehttps://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler

sorry if that sounds like i'm dodging the issue but as i said, i did everything i'm able and willing to do to ensure compatibility to a certain point. and i don't plan on doing major changes to this addon as i said a few pages back

glad you're getting a kick out of this though.

• Like 2

regarding the unarmed/crouching thing, I found it okay-but somei=times you have to hit the crouch button a couple of times, thats all

that sounds strange. i think i had that too. can't really think of a reason though, now that i fixed the other stuff.

is this mod client side or does a server have to have this mod enabled to use it? 

client side

i think i will make sure it can run on the server without problems in the next patch. that way it can be used like before but also be put on the server to force it. makes ense i think.

• Like 1

i think i will make sure it can run on the server without problems in the next patch. that way it can be used like before but also be put on the server to force it. makes ense i think.

Yeah definitely.

• Like 1

cannot get this to work on my server im runinning a exile server i have changed the load options for the mods and still no luck any way of a fix maybe ?

cannot get this to work on my server im runinning a exile server i have changed the load options for the mods and still no luck any way of a fix maybe ?

The addon maker's last post just said there would hopefully be a fix for servers in the next update.

The addon maker's last post just said there would hopefully be a fix for servers in the next update.

exile has come up several times. the issue is not really related to what i will change in the update. you can probably run the addon on the server side already. i'll just make sure it's all solid and taken care of so no code runs on the server that shouldn't. a few isServer checks, that's all.

problems with exile are more due to exile doing something that breaks my code. nothing i can or will do. sorry. i've heard some people made it work with exile. so you're better off asking in the exile community.

as described numerous times before, i can't do much more than make something that can work with other things by design. if those other things aren't designed the same way, that's out of my area of influence. just look at the Ravage mod for example. also open world also MP also zombies (or does exile even have those?!) and it still works perfectly fine with Enhanced Movement.

i know this sounds like i'm making up a bunch of excuses but i'm just trying to explain why i can't support your specific issue report. not saying what i did is perfect or not flawed in anyway. just that's the best i can and will do. this mod is basically in its final stage and all i will do is try to keep up with BIS patching their game to pieces from time to time :lol:

/////////////////this might help though//////////////////////////

the only thing i remember from someone having issues with exile was something about whitelisting the functions from my addon in the CfgRemoteExec config. maybe that helps you. it's likely that exile has soem restrictions against teleporting and stuff and this mod practically teleports you even if a tiny amount.

but you haven't said much about what is not working exactly. i think the above person had parts of it working but having the player perform the animation half way in the ground (without the setpos/teleport part).

Hey, I'm getting some odd bugs with animation. I made a small video that shows the animation bugs I've found so far. https://youtu.be/B7Ij4whMRV4. Any fixes yet? Also saw a mention of a new update on the steam page, any idea when that's coming through?

Is there something special I need to do to get the menu to set keybindings?  For some reason when I hit esc there is no menu for bindings so I can't use the mod.

quick shout out of some servers allowing this mod in case someone has a hard time finding one (i always do).

http://www.ermgaming.shivtr.com/

will be added to the first post too. if you own aor know a server allowing EM, make sure to let me know and i'll do the same for it.

have been a little distracted by other stuff lately but will try to get the update ready this weekend.

i noticed that on dev build there is some stuff happening related to NVG visuals. i think i will dial back my effects a little and most likely remove the grain all together since it'll be provided by vanilla in the future once that hits stable branch.

I'll be allowing it on our server if I can get the menu to come up so we can use it, it's on the server and on the client, but no menu to map the keys.

quick shout out of some servers allowing this mod in case someone has a hard time finding one (i always do).

http://www.ermgaming.shivtr.com/

will be added to the first post too. if you own aor know a server allowing EM, make sure to let me know and i'll do the same for it.

have been a little distracted by other stuff lately but will try to get the update ready this weekend.

i noticed that on dev build there is some stuff happening related to NVG visuals. i think i will dial back my effects a little and most likely remove the grain all together since it'll be provided by vanilla in the future once that hits stable branch.

I have stopped using your NVG effects for the moment as I am on DEV and running both is a little overkill. However-I still think your are the best and if you just toned back the grain/pixels a little then i think all would be perfect. Yours gives more atmosphere as it creats a vision range limit and adds more blur around streetlights etc-which vanilla does not.

• Like 2

Dumb question: is there ACE3 support?

It works with ACE as it has a drop down function which prevents any damage up to a certain height which means it naturally incorporates ACE fall damage.

Yes, technically it has support by default.

• Like 2

Getting RTP error

19:23:14 Error in expression <f (IsNil "_bx") then

{

profilenamespace setvariable [[_keyinfo, 0], 0];

};

if (>

19:23:14   Error position: <setvariable [[_keyinfo, 0], 0];

};

if (>

19:23:14   Error Type Array, expected String

19:23:14 File babe_core\func\ui\fn_settings.sqf, line 43

19:23:14 Error in expression <e [[_keyinfo, 0], 0];

};

if (typeName((_bx select 0) select 1) != "ARRAY") then>

19:23:14   Error position: <_bx select 0) select 1) != "ARRAY") then>

19:23:14   Error Undefined variable in expression: _bx

19:23:14 File babe_core\func\ui\fn_settings.sqf, line 46

Getting RTP error

{
profilenamespace setvariable [[_keyinfo, 0], 0];
};

if (>
19:23:14   Error position: <setvariable [[_keyinfo, 0], 0];
};

if (>
19:23:14   Error Type Array, expected String
19:23:14 File babe_core\func\ui\fn_settings.sqf, line 43
19:23:14 Error in expression <e [[_keyinfo, 0], 0];
};

if (typeName((_bx select 0) select 1) != "ARRAY") then>
19:23:14   Error position: <_bx select 0) select 1) != "ARRAY") then>
19:23:14   Error Undefined variable in expression: _bx
19:23:14 File babe_core\func\ui\fn_settings.sqf, line 46

Pretty sure it's already a known one, we are currently awaiting the next update to fix various bugs.

So yeah, still no menu...

What do I need to do to get a menu to configure this thing?  Now I'm getting an error saying script \babe_core\func\core\fn_init.sqf not found

so you're saying you're using vanilla arma to make sure withotu any other mods and you still don't get a menu?

also that missing script sounds very fishy. never seen that error before. are you sure you have the latest version and nothing is corrupted? maybe try to redownlaod everyting and also try an alternative source.

anyways, got a day off now so i decided to finish the update. i think i found hte problem with the _bx error. pretty trivial thing i missed. hence it not breaking functionality. just had the code try to work with a variable that has 50% chance of not being there. so right now i'm finishing up te drop down anims for rifle and pistol and then i'ma tweak the NVG.

if i can find a slick elegant solution i'll also slip restoring of your original stance after climbing. so when you climb over a small fence crouched you'll go back to crouch after climbing. something that i wanted to add for ages but always forgot about.

• Like 1

so you're saying you're using vanilla arma to make sure withotu any other mods and you still don't get a menu?

also that missing script sounds very fishy. never seen that error before. are you sure you have the latest version and nothing is corrupted? maybe try to redownlaod everyting and also try an alternative source.

anyways, got a day off now so i decided to finish the update. i think i found hte problem with the _bx error. pretty trivial thing i missed. hence it not breaking functionality. just had the code try to work with a variable that has 50% chance of not being there. so right now i'm finishing up te drop down anims for rifle and pistol and then i'ma tweak the NVG.

if i can find a slick elegant solution i'll also slip restoring of your original stance after climbing. so when you climb over a small fence crouched you'll go back to crouch after climbing. something that i wanted to add for ages but always forgot about.

: D

be aware though. that the best and most universal fix to that error will be simply binding all the keys in EM. i fixed it now but your profiel data will still be "corrupted" with wrong data. so the fix will msot likely have the most impact for new users. but no worries. you can set a key as "unbound" now pressing ESC while in the binding process. it most likely won't all fix itself full auto. i jsut want to put extra code to catch the wrong data in there, if it's easily fixable by the user.