bad benson

Enhanced Movement

i like your style.

Thank you :) I play with a mod that removes stamina completely-so being able to leap with a heavy load just makes sense for me ..

you know that EM allows you to turn off stamina though, right? go check out the ingame menu ;)

• Like 1

you know that EM allows you to turn off stamina though, right? go check out the ingame menu ;)

I do-but the mod i use (Ultimate Soldier) also turns off stamina for ai squadmates and reduces recoil to similar to Arma 2 levels. Very nice ;)

@serjames

Not sure if this will solve your issue.

No, cheers for the assist though.. I thought it might have been my whacky FOV (110) but I changed that back to stock and I still cannot see any EM menus... just running CBA and EM.... ?

BB-just a heads up. Dev branch seems to be giving an error linked to Enhanced Movement. the mod itself seems to be running just fine however.just thought you should know.

BB-just a heads up. Dev branch seems to be giving an error linked to Enhanced Movement. the mod itself seems to be running just fine however.just thought you should know.

a screenshot of the error message would be great. i have an update almost ready. jsut been busy with other stuff. here's a lil pre-changelog.

changed:

- climbing will always work but stamina will have a little more influence on climbing speed

...will probably barely be noticable except for you not failing to climb sometimes. it just feels bad and i wanted to get rid of it because people still report EM sometimes not working. i don't like this kind of confusion and i feel under fire one should be able to climb always even if very slow

added:

- on/off switch for laser pointer feature in the menu

- functions can be unbound by starting the binding process and then pressing ESC

fixed:

- autoplay of falling/landing animations aka weird fast going prone etc

so basically just some small maintenance things. there were some "freak" issues reported like SerJames' CBA thingy. these are hard for me to reproduce which makes it impossible to fix. gladly it's jsut very few people so i will just wait and see if they can provide more details so i actually get an angle to approach a fix.

there's still going to be some anim update some unknown time in th future to add the weapon specific anims for he drop down anim. but can't say when. i opened my anim setup several times but closed it after a fwew minutes. can't get myself to do anything there so far.

• Like 4

@inepthapid & BB:

I can reproduce this error message. On my end it seems to be bound to using CUPs units for the player. As soon as i switch to A3 units (vanilla & custom) it's gone.

Maybe i have an log file for you too....

Edit: sry older logs with this error are deleted. If you need one i can reproduce one tommorow

I won't have logs-I went back to stable build.Dev was giving me an issue where every time I played after 30 minutes my framerate dropped to 5 and the game became unstable.

could you provide the unit type from that mission? To harden or denine my assumtion that it's correlated to CUPs.

thanks

EDIT:

ahm sry, i can't reproduce the message now.

If i place the unit now in the editor and preview,its gone. Don't know maybe the autopatching through steam....

Edited by na_palm

Much excite for the fast prone fix (and I'm guessing the crouch one too?). Regarding the PBO's if for example I want just the climbing feature do I just remove all but 'core' and 'em'?

Much excite for the fast prone fix (and I'm guessing the crouch one too?). Regarding the PBO's if for example I want just the climbing feature do I just remove all but 'core' and 'em'?

Thats how I did it ;-)

in the current public version all things can be disabled except for the laser using the menu. at least as far as i remember. either way. all things will be toggleable in the next release.

• Like 3

I'm getting the exact same error as posted above, on Altis, with just one vanilla unit, using the main build -- Not dev. 

IulQlQk.jpg

I'm getting the exact same error as posted above, on Altis, with just one vanilla unit, using the main build -- Not dev. 

IulQlQk.jpg

That's because the main build has changed now to incorporate what was on Dev.

Somome else notices that you cant crouch when you stand and have no weapon in your hand?

Also when you have a weapon in your hand the animation is bugged when crouch while standing still.

Somome else notices that you cant crouch when you stand and have no weapon in your hand?

Also when you have a weapon in your hand the animation is bugged when crouch while standing still.

I experienced this is a MP session the other day, when unarmed you have to go to prone and then crouch.

IulQlQk.jpg

I am guessing this has something to do with us now being able to switch weapons while moving-this is the main change brought to the stable build.

I thought that error just appeared the first time the mod was used - bind a key to the Mod and it goes away ?

• Like 1

I experienced this is a MP session the other day, when unarmed you have to go to prone and then crouch.

gonna have to look into this. might be related to the prone and crouch anims being replaced by the landing anims (what peopel have reported), which i already fixed. gonan see if i can make it happen ingame or if it was fixed along with the other stuff.

on that script error: i never get that error. my guess is that it's some kind of execution order anomaly. if you guys only get it on start up adn not spamming it, i'm inclined to leave it alone for now tbh. will for sure keep an eye on it though.

update is pretty much ready. jsut didn't have much time testing it adn there are some super minor things i might add.

• Like 3

It's definitely the "key bind" - for whatever reason the mod comes with no key bound as default, so it call an error BB could you not just bind one as default ?

it should do it. even defined config side. but at some point i switched around the system a lot so it might have broken because i added the key combos and had to change the format. still no biggie if you ask me. new version will allow to disable certain binds if you don't want to bind all keys for whatever reasons.

not really motivated to go deep into the code anymore. it's quite complex and the risk of creating "real" problems is too high. maybe sometime in the future.

EDIT: just took a look ingame. i can go crouch from unarmed just fine. so i assume the problem described here was fixed (internally). i honestly never encountered it but who knows. unarmed is not a state you are in often in arma usually.

• Like 1

I love your mod! But I'm using this with I love your mod! but I'm using this with simple single player cheat menu. And when i have them both on, the keys i set in enhanced movements stops working.. doesn't matter which key i use for jump etc. but as soon as i disable SSPCM it works again.. tips?

not really since i'm not the author of that mod. i tried to make my code as friendly to other approaches as possible so it can work with other stuff. but there are some "wrong" methods/bad practices that can cause these types of issues.

you'd be better off asking the same question the author of that mod. sounds like his/hers is overwriting my key handlers. it's a common mistake when people use displaySETEventHandler instead of displayADDEventHandler.

here are the wiki pages, incase you plan on contacting him/her: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/displayAddEventHandlerhttps://community.bistudio.com/wiki/displaySetEventHandler

anotehr possible direction could be him/her using oneachframe instead of BIS' stacked eventhandler function: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/onEachFramehttps://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_addStackedEventHandler

sorry if that sounds like i'm dodging the issue but as i said, i did everything i'm able and willing to do to ensure compatibility to a certain point. and i don't plan on doing major changes to this addon as i said a few pages back

glad you're getting a kick out of this though.