bad benson

Enhanced Movement

to the system people are just another kind of stepping stone. all my system does is scan your surroundings with raycasts. so boosting in this mod means climbing on people and then climbing higher from ontop of them. you jsut need to position the AI properly. last tiem i tried it was still a little finicky but that is mostly due to humans not providing a lot of surface area when standing up. so if you boost with friends, know that actually bending over providing your back really helps liek you would expect it to,

to the system people are just another kind of stepping stone. all my system does is scan your surroundings with raycasts. so boosting in this mod means climbing on people and then climbing higher from ontop of them. you jsut need to position the AI properly. last tiem i tried it was still a little finicky but that is mostly due to humans not providing a lot of surface area when standing up. so if you boost with friends, know that actually bending over providing your back really helps liek you would expect it to,

Great!Thanks mate-I never knew my ai squad could be useful.At least as a stepping stone they can help me a bit .... ;)

So if I order ai to crouch,does that help?

"to the system people are just another kind of stepping stone."  Wow-thats deep man..Thats deep.

• Like 2

You know you can currently get down from high places by walking to the edge, looking straight down and pressing the EM button? Also you can boost with ai and other players to high locations...

I was looking at grappling hooks but honestly. .. the rope physx are a bit of a nightmare... once I tried boosting and getting down... I stopped working on the hook... like BB told me would happen lol

Thanks Cosmic,didn't know about the EM button

Great!Thanks mate-I never knew my ai squad could be useful.At least as a stepping stone they can help me a bit .... ;)

So if I order ai to crouch,does that help?

"to the system people are just another kind of stepping stone."  Wow-thats deep man..Thats deep.

probably yes. tbh i never play with AI ever because i would just end up executing them. it's an old habit that i'm sure many other people who played since ofp share with me. i just can't bare them lol. but again. to the EM system they are just another thing to climb on.

• Like 1

so boosting in this mod means climbing on people and then climbing higher from ontop of them

A little while ago when I was first using EM I tried climbing on top of my ifrit to take a look with my binoculars but couldn't cling to the surface. Is that not possible? (might be asking a bit much when we already have such awesome mods ! )

Is it possible that enemy can use EM or are their movements dictated by BI engine?

A little while ago when I was first using EM I tried climbing on top of my ifrit to take a look with my binoculars but couldn't cling to the surface. Is that not possible? (might be asking a bit much when we already have such awesome mods ! )

Is it possible that enemy can use EM or are their movements dictated by BI engine?

again. this mod is feature complete. the AI thing was just something that was easy to achieve and will help AI modders to make shit happen. i think that's the better way in any case since, if you are into commanding some AI fools you will probably use one of the excellent AI command mods that have popped up. check out mad_cheese's for example...i hope i got that name right. looks fantastic. and maybe he'll make use of the new possibility.

it essentially comes down to running one line of code once the unit is facing an obstacle. makes no sense to do that in this mod either way. better to provide tools for mods that actually deal with AI.

as for the ifrit: again. what i said about units applies to anything in arma. EM scans the geometry infront of the unit and then, if conditions are met, makes you go up there. so the fact that you are getting stuck in the falling animation, when you climb vehicles or generally poorly set up models is solely due to the model lacking proper geometry set up. there is no difference in teleporting onto a vehicle, placing yourself onto it using 3den and climbing onto it using EM.

what happens once you are up there is down to BI or the author of a certain vehicle.

if you mean you keep slippign down, ye that can happen. it's also due to the shape of the collision geometry though. making EM more tolerant there would mean a lot of clipping etc. clipping in arma = death besides being ugly. and so the list of reasons goes on lol. makes no sense to explain it all. just know that getting where it is now already was a major pain. i can already feel my hair getting grey just talking about it lol.

• Like 1

Watch from about 2:06 to 2:34,

You can see me boost over StTosin, me jumping the gap and using EM to get on to the next building... well thats just outrageous :)

• Like 4

when you climb vehicles or generally poorly set up models is solely due to the model lacking proper geometry set up

...That's exactly what I thought.

Great vid Cosmic10r

Wouldn't it also be great if you could grab a barrel or crate and shove it up against a building so that you could climb. :P

Nice video Cosmic10r! I learned a lot from it :)  Didn't realise you could jump between buildings like that.

Jumping between buildings - Oh yes - It was one of those moments you couldn't believe what you just saw.

• Like 1

If you do in future cease updates on this, would you consider donating what you have made to the ACE Team? I'm not affiliated with them or anything but your climbing is much better than the current iteration in ACE3. (No offence ACE devs!). We can hope that Bohemia see this awesome work you have done and actually incorporate it into the vanilla game but that's very uncertain.

• Like 1

Please update the mod to latest vanilla version, some animations turn in to ugly. such as standing to pron while not moving or standing lean and crouching.

I'm having a strange issue. When i am doing some SP missions I use the Ultimate Soldier mod which reduces fatigue and weapon sway and I have always used it with Enhanced movement with no issues.

Last week I got a new SSD and after transferring files I had to redownload a couple of mods-including this one.But now it causes the Ultimate Soldier mod to stop working. Very strange and I cannot figure out why it would suddenly not work. Does Enhanced Movement do anything to fatigue values?

I know it is not your concern if Enhanced Movement does not work with a separate mod-I'm not asking for a fix or anything. Just wondering if you know why this may happen? Thanks :)

yea it removes some stamina for each move. this has to be scripted since BI don't use a per animation solution anymore. at least afaik.

yea it removes some stamina for each move. this has to be scripted since BI don't use a per animation solution anymore. at least afaik.

I don't mean when i am actually climbing-I mean it just stops the no fatigue mod from working altogether.But it only started happening this week for some reason.Before that all was fine.Very strange.Anyway-don't worry about it.Thanks mate :)

EDIT: I am a big, big idiot...So when I changed hard drives and redownloaded Enhanced movement, it changed my settings to default.Including the setting for "Stamina". Which I just noticed now,switched to "off" and all is working perfectly again.

Man I feel silly... 

cool! great to hear.

Any chance to update for latest arma3 vanila version?

Any chance to update for latest arma3 vanila version?

What do you mean?Everything seems to work perfectly to me.

What do you mean?Everything seems to work perfectly to me.

try to pron while don't move while you are in standing stance,

and crouch while lean right or left at standing stance. it turn out ugly 

try to pron while don't move while you are in standing stance,

and crouch while lean right or left at standing stance. it turn out ugly 

And I've found a bug too. When you hold the pistol from stand to duck (Press "X"), the pistol gonna disappear for a second.

Hi BB, I'm testing this again to try and get it onto our server.

For some reason I cannot see the control configuration menu when you press ESC ?

I've tried it with just CBA and EM running... any ideas where I'm going wrong ?

Cheers

SJ

For some reason I cannot see the control configuration menu when you press ESC ?

I've tried it with just CBA and EM running... any ideas where I'm going wrong ?

@serjames

Not sure if this will solve your issue.

Realisticly speaking a soldier that weights 80 kg + the 30 kg pack he is carrying, could the enhanced movement be slowed down a bit, or adjusted to the current stamina, if a soldier is tired, climbing over an obstacle should take longer, I think milsim units will use the mod more if this would be incorporated.

• Like 1

Realisticly speaking a soldier that weights 80 kg + the 30 kg pack he is carrying, could the enhanced movement be slowed down a bit, or adjusted to the current stamina, if a soldier is tired, climbing over an obstacle should take longer, I think milsim units will use the mod more if this would be incorporated.

Personally I love the mod the way it is-I don't think it is really designed with realism in mind. Of course I would not mind a more realistic version, but I would like the original version to stay the same so I can  to keep on being able to leap between buildings carrying a Javelin ;)

climbing over an obstacle should take longer

this is already a feature. animations play slightly slower depending on how much you carry and climbing also lowers stamina. something i plan to add is factoring in the load in the stamina penalty, that is something didn't get to last release but other than that nothing will change much i'm afraid. i don't really care who uses my mod or for what reason tbh.

so I can  to keep on being able to leap between buildings carrying a Javelin ;)

i like your style.

• Like 2