bad benson

Enhanced Movement

I'm considering using this. I'm not at my gaming PC now. As for the climbing, what do you guys basically do... Bind it to the (default) "v" key or put this to a new key? I ask because I use the left hand keys since 200 years and there is no room for a new one and I am old, it takes ages until I get used to a new key ;). You ArmA veterans know what I'm talking about. Fiddling at perfect key assignment is also a job for life ;)

• Like 1

I'm considering using this. I'm not at my gaming PC now. As for the climbing, what do you guys basically do... Bind it to the (default) "v" key or put this to a new key? I ask because I use the left hand keys since 200 years and there is no room for a new one and I am old, it takes ages until I get used to a new key ;). You ArmA veterans know what I'm talking about. Fiddling at perfect key assignment is also a job for life ;)

I mapped my jump key to the left ALT key because I use the left control and SPACE to use Autoresting and I mapped the use and interaction keys to the number one and two key above the QWERTY keys.It all works good for me that way. This is me working the keys tonight after the update...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t-Y5amkLFU

hello everybody!!

first of all i want to thank the guys for creating EM! this is really a great thing. :)

we want to use it on our exile server, but we are not able to get it working. i think the client side is working fine, but on the serverside its not loading or not loading correctly. we tried different ways, but no luck. you cant see the interface to change the keybindings and everytime you want to climb over a wall for example, the animation of the player starts deep in the ground and not on the top of the wall. so u dont climb over the wall... jumping or using the F button is working well.

we heard from other guys that they dont have the problem with exile, but they have a windows server. our server is a linux server (battleye deactivated on the dev server). does some have an idea, what we can try or do wrong? and how to correctly execute it serverside? thanks a lot in advance...

cheers yes

First experience: ITS A TRAP

Tried to look around in your settings screen for assigning keys, pressed Escape which didn't seem to bring me out of the dialog, but (I guess) instead I managed to assign Escape to a function of your mod. Result: nothing happens on Escape, cannot exit ArmA except with Taskmanager.

EDIT: And after restart of ArmA and being in a mission, no reaction on escape key. Ooooh.

EDIT2: Fortunately, without your mod, escape key works. How can I test your mod again? Is my b0rken @EM config stored in my ArmA player profile (which I will be too lazy to rebuild?) TIA

lol nice. add me on steam. it's an easy fix but i guess i gotta block ESC key in general to keep this from happening.

that's hilarious btw :lol:

lol nice. add me on steam. it's an easy fix but i guess i gotta block ESC key in general to keep this from happening.

that's hilarious btw :lol:

Hilarious. LOL. NICE. Not what I was thinking :) Thanks, I'm AFK now and unfortunately I was too stupid for the add to Steam thing, didnt find your profile. I am: http://steamcommunity.com/id/6c929a2957eee874a0e9998c268a9f94/

here it goes. ESC can be bound but won't be blocked. will probably get rid of blocking all together until i finished it entirely.

• Like 1

Thank you Bad Benson, will try your fix tomorrow, you are Good Benson now again :)

k here's the version that will be the public one for the time being. reverted some things until i made the needed core changes to make them work better. don't worry. all gameplay features remain.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

changelog beta 0.62 (Nexus):

- added: stamina penalty for jumping and climbing

- added: climbing is performed slower depending on the load you carry

- added: dropping down safely (look straight down and hit the climb key), animation is a placeholder

- added: menu supports key combos now (still WIP but works)

- (re)added: mod menu is moveable/draggable again by holding down shift

- removed: fatigue bar, obsolete

- removed: weight limits, obsolete

- changed: menu slightly changed to make more room for key combo names

- changed: fall damage is more lethal due to presence of a counter (drop safely)

- changed: no more auto eject when using interaction key inside vehicle, custom action menu instead

and maybe other stuff i forgot about. 
  • Like 8

k here's the version that will be the public one for the time being. reverted some things until i made the needed core changes to make them work better. don't worry. all gameplay features remain.

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

changelog beta 0.62 (Nexus):

- added: stamina penalty for jumping and climbing

- added: climbing is performed slower depending on the load you carry

- added: dropping down safely (look straight down and hit the climb key), animation is a placeholder

- added: menu supports key combos now (still WIP but works)

- (re)added: mod menu is moveable/draggable again by holding down shift

- removed: fatigue bar, obsolete

- removed: weight limits, obsolete

- changed: menu slightly changed to make more room for key combo names

- changed: fall damage is more lethal due to presence of a counter (drop safely)

- changed: no more auto eject when using interaction key inside vehicle, custom action menu instead

and maybe other stuff i forgot about. 

i found some old problem with ZEUS compablitiy.... Interface Zeus freezes and lag, the player overlay appears at the top right (a small window with the rounds of ammunition and stamina etc.) everything freezes, and helps only rejoining the server, some times it could be 2 or 3 rejoin to server or slot ZEUS.

Splendid work ! but for what purpose did you remove the stamina bar ?

erm, because the vanilla game has one by default now.

Think about all the dev hours BIS have put into Stamina and Weapon Sway which adds nothing but frustration to infantry play. Yet here we have a community modder adding something that is not only really really fun, but opens up so much more options for infantry game play. I really have to wonder about the management decisions that have chosen to focus so much work and effort on something that in the end is just annoying, especially when you look at what this modder has added. Really impressed with your work, BIS should be paying you top dollar, because you just made the game 10x more interesting and enjoyable. If only BIS put in the same amount of thought and effort.

• Like 2

Tortuosit,

Everybody has a different/preferred keyboard setup.  So do whatever works best for you, but I would make the following suggestion . . .

1) Go to amazon-dot-com and put in this search term: Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse.  Buy one.  There are a ton of extra buttons on the side of that baby.

2) Go to your locale ARTS & CRAFTS store, and find some tiny dot stickers with different shapes, different sizes, and different textures.   Buy stickers that are TINY enough to fit on the mouse buttons, but have a variety of shapes, textures or thickness.  Maybe a pack of tiny letters/numbers.  Tiny foam stickers. Yellow, pink, whatever.  Get a variety.  Lie and tell the cashier they're for your daughter/grand daughter.

3) Program a few of the side keys on that mouse (G-600 MMO mouse) for your new ARMA 3 function(s).  And put some stickers on the important buttons.  Different stickers on different buttons.  Plastic, foam, dots, letters, whatever stickers work for you.  With the software for that mouse, it's really EASY to program the buttons.   Virtually no learning curve.

That way, you get a mouse with a lot of extra buttons (although you don't need to use all of them.  Just pick the buttons your fingers like best).  And in the dark, your fingers will get used to the shape, texture, or feel of different stickers on different mouse buttons.

Good luck.

-Vern, aka "Deuce"

here it goes. ESC can be bound but won't be blocked. will probably get rid of blocking all together until i finished it entirely.

While trying to manage key bindings I was able to disable ESCAPE again. Before I was in the Interaction settings.

I bound Numpad-Enter for the climbing. At some occasions my soldier did not climb walls that are perfectly possible. Not yet sure why this is. Walked back and fore and then it climbed.

While trying to manage key bindings I was able to disable ESCAPE again. Before I was in the Interaction settings.

I bound Numpad-Enter for the climbing. At some occasions my soldier did not climb walls that are perfectly possible. Not yet sure why this is. Walked back and fore and then it climbed.

watch your stamina. you need some to climb. i'm considering to remove that again though. i'm on and off on that. i even get confused by it myself but then again it makes sense. but i might leave the stamina block only for jumping to avoid bunny hopping but keep the climbing responsive at all times.

watch your stamina. you need some to climb. i'm considering to remove that again though. i'm on and off on that. i even get confused by it myself but then again it makes sense. but i might leave the stamina block only for jumping to avoid bunny hopping but keep the climbing responsive at all times.

Hello Bad Benson! Thx for continue working...

I place here code of errors (last update) in Zeus.....

it is freeze and part of code from rpt file:

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOverHer_rfl.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOverHer_pst.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOverHer_ua.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOverH_rfl.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOverH_pst.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOverH_ua.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOver_rfl.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOver_pst.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOver_ua.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOnHer_rfl.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOnHer_pst.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOnHer_ua.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOnH_rfl.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOnH_pst.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOnH_ua.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOn_pst.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOn_ua.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\climbOn_rfl.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\stepOn_ua.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\stepOn_pst.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\stepOn_rfl.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\vaultover_ua.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\vaultover_pst.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\vaultover_rfl.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\drop_ua.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\drop_pst.rtm

15:30:20 Warning: rightHandIKCurve, size is not n*2 in \babe_EM\animations\drop_rfl.rtm

Error in expression <t _i;

_hits = [];

for "_h" from 0 to (count _keyset)-1 do

{

_key = _keyset sel>

Error position: <count _keyset)-1 do

{

_key = _keyset sel>

Error count: Тип ЧиÑло, ожидалÑÑ ÐœÐ°ÑÑив,Строка,Config entry

File babe_core\func\core\fn_keyH.sqf, line 31

Error in expression <t _i;

_hits = [];

for "_h" from 0 to (count _keyset)-1 do

{

_key = _keyset sel>

15:30:37 Error position: <count _keyset)-1 do

{

_key = _keyset sel>

Error ÐžÐ±Ñ‰Ð°Ñ Ð¾ÑˆÐ¸Ð±ÐºÐ° в выражении

File babe_core\func\core\fn_keyH.sqf, line 31

Wanna say thank you. How could I live without it? Without climbing on roofs? I guess I do not even need the normal "step over".