bad benson

Enhanced Movement

it's less visible in daytiem on purpose.

it generally needs a lot of work though. the current state is mroe like a simple first test. i plan to rework the laser at some point. with a laser beam and stuffs.

take a closer look at @ACE' - daylight-lasers (the vanilla-laser attachements). just for comparison.

( with your mod running along with @ace, the @ace redlight-laser looses its strengh. 

p.s. with a laserbeam? there is no visible beam in daylight. only the reflection on the target is visible.

Would it be possible to change, in your next update, the default EW weapon key from F to H. (could stand for hands free) As using the default F can cause conflicts when using a gun with a grenade launcher attached.

Yes I know it can be changed (I have) but would save having to explaining how to, to Newbs    :rolleyes: 

Your addon with the damage pbo removed is working fine at the moment ( I think Bis increased the settings last patch)

Re Lecter question re "slide down the ladder", its default in ArmA3 there is a small icon screen center when you are climbing ladders click middle mouse & you slide down , do it too high & you can get injured.....

looking forward to your update as it is it really adds the the realism of ArmA3 Thanks for all your hard work!

Does anyone know if this fine work is compatible with Laxeman's Climb mod?

i can't bind any Funktion to the "B"-key. "B" seems to be reserved for "back" Options in the UI for key Settings.

but i Need the b key cause it is near the "W-A-S-D" - keys, and all the other keys are already bound.

i can't bind any Funktion to the "B"-key. "B" seems to be reserved for "back" Options in the UI for key Settings.

but i Need the b key cause it is near the "W-A-S-D" - keys, and all the other keys are already bound.

I think I understand your issue.

...here's what I did...

Unbind your BI Arma default, "V" key which is step over and then rebind it in EM. It seems to me that the "B" key is a little bit far away, especially if you find yourself in a firefight and want to make a quick get away. :P

• Like 1

You guys really should make the mod part of CBA.

Using CBA to bind keys would be so much easier. Also being able to make climb CTRL+V or ALT+C or something like that would make binding keys so much simpler.

You guys

it's just me ;)

make the mod part of CBA.

Using CBA to bind keys would be so much easier. Also being able to make climb CTRL+V or ALT+C or something like that would make binding keys so much simpler.

i won't do that. makes no sense. key combos are planned though. using third party things is not the only way to add a feature ;) . it's just kind of a luxury feature and the focus is still on the core right now (climbing still not feature complete). i also don't understand how binding B could ever be a problem. maybe i misunderstood but i personally never had a problem with any key i tried. obviously you will need to unbind vanilla functions from your key to avoid overlap.

i personally use "space" to jump and climb because i also play other games and i like to have consitency and not do weird shit because of muscle memory from another context. i also have the "use" key on "F". so i had to rebind all action menu related things from space and i moved changing weapon/firemode to "V" since i don't need that anymore. it's very straight forward and intuitive. i also can recommend to use "Q" instead of "space" for execution of the selected scroll action. eventhoguh it's also lean left it works really well. i don't use "default action" because it's broken and unintuitive anyways. so freeing up "space" for jump adn climb was easy liek that.

just some suggestions. :)

• Like 2

i also don't understand how binding B could ever be a problem. maybe i misunderstood but i personally never had a problem with any key i tried. obviously you will need to unbind vanilla functions from your key to avoid overlap.

i open your UI for keybindings,

i go to "enhanced movement"->"keys" and dobble click on "jump/climb" and hit the key i want in there. works fine, so far.

but when i choose "B" for that Action, it doesn't Show up behind "jump/climb". instead it Shows up behind "back", above the "jump/climb" line.

i also unbinded that key from any other Action in the standart UI for keybindings.

domdkum Yes it works with climb addon

Does anyone know if this fine work is compatible with Laxeman's Climb mod?

Thats a yes, I use both.. Lax's climb has climb down & you can get through smaller windows (different animation)

Re keys I use spacebar for bads climb, the H key (its spare I think) for the "use", & the "Home" key for actions. Also double tap "C" for Lax climb up or down, also have the jump addon which is double tap "V" if you need to take cover at the run the jump is the fastest.

So far not seen any conflicts.

(Was wrong name, not madpat3, sorry there dude)

madpat3 Yes it works with climb addon

what has climb addon to do with this mod here?

i discribed an issue not being able to bind the b-key to a certain action

i open your UI for keybindings,

i go to "enhanced movement"->"keys" and dobble click on "jump/climb" and hit the key i want in there. works fine, so far.

but when i choose "B" for that Action, it doesn't Show up behind "jump/climb". instead it Shows up behind "back", above the "jump/climb" line.

i also unbinded that key from any other Action in the standart UI for keybindings.

hm. it seems like the listbox has the "feature" of selecting entries by their first letter. so once you press B it will select the entry with the text "back". good job finding this bug. weird stuff. thx for the report. gonna take care of it.

EDIT: k. just fixed it. gonna experiement with combos now.

(Was wrong name, not madpat3, sorry there dude)

now, that it's out of the world - no Problem, man. B)

I am trying to get this working on my exile server, I have uploaded it to server and the mod is enabled client side, I did not make any modification when I press esc i see no new menu.

What do I add to mission side to make this work, I have not done anything other than upload this as additional mod, can you please tell me if this works with exile?

When I am ingame and press esc I don't see anything to bind keys?

I am trying to get this working on my exile server, I have uploaded it to server and the mod is enabled client side, I did not make any modification when I press esc i see no new menu.

What do I add to mission side to make this work, I have not done anything other than upload this as additional mod, can you please tell me if this works with exile?

When I am ingame and press esc I don't see anything to bind keys?

You have to make sure that you added the correct parameter. (-mod = ......) Otherwise the mod won't be loaded by the server. But this is a client side mod so I'm not getting why it isn't working for you.

If I try to access the inventory menu or try to change seating position in a vehicle, I am ejected.

The V key is the vanilla keybind to Get Out/Eject from vehicles, so if you bound the Enhanced Movement key to V, that's probably why.  Additionally, if it's bound to Spacebar, Spacebar is the default keybind (under the "common" category) for "Default Action" and "Select Action" if I'm not mistaken, so pressing it in a vehicle might automatically use the first addAction which I think is "Get Out" or "Eject."

• Like 1

Additionally, if it's bound to Spacebar, Spacebar is the default keybind

..Thank you sir !

spacebar being my default action in Arma,...spacebar in EM set to    "]"    (key never used).

Can you make it so it you cant set it uses CBA keybinding instead? i cant use button combinations :( (eg. Shift+f)

Now getting script errors after last Bis patch 01/12/15

On Arma3 start up getting error "Script\babe_int\func\ui\fn_submenue.sqf"   not found?

Seems like a lot of name changes yet again with latest patch!

Yep after latest ARMA 3 update:

Script \babe_int\func\ui\fn_submenu.sqf not found

Script \babe_nvg\func\nvg\fn_nvgloop.sqf not found

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMovesMaleSdr/States/Babe_climbOverHer_rfl.weaponObstructed'.

and a lot of others.

edit: still works though.

Ii get the same error when starting the game but going over a wall does'nt work now, all I can do is jump over low objects.

Oh wait a minute... My loadout is preventing my vaults, OK looks like I can still leap over fences too, so just the warning at startup.

Yes at the moment despite all the "not found" warnings, things still seems to work???

Any idea what going on Bad Benson? or what Bis have done?

no worries. these errors were there before and have been fixed. they shouldn't break anything. just minor sloppiness fuck ups. the messages just started popping up after the patch, because...uhm...because...arma :lol:

had some real life stuff taking most of my energy lately so my evening free time was mostly gaming. but i'll push out an inbetween version in a few days before the last update so these errors don't pop up for you guys all the time. dropping down will already be included, helping up however won't.

i really really hope that at some point BI will finally manage to get the game into a some what final state and less beta like. so i can let this addon be and marinate for a while without having to rework it again. but generally the new stamina stuff, namely the script commands, are very welcome because now i can do my own balance stuff for weights and so on.

anyways. thx for the reports and general interest. stay tuned guys.

• Like 5

no worries. these errors were there before and have been fixed. they shouldn't break anything. just minor sloppiness fuck ups. the messages just started popping up after the patch, because...uhm...because...arma :lol:

had some real life stuff taking most of my energy lately so my evening free time was mostly gaming. but i'll push out an inbetween version in a few days before the last update so these errors don't pop up for you guys all the time. dropping down will already be included, helping up however won't.

i really really hope that at some point BI will finally manage to get the game into a some what final state and less beta like. so i can let this addon be and marinate for a while without having to rework it again. but generally the new stamina stuff, namely the script commands, are very welcome because now i can do my own balance stuff for weights and so on.

anyways. thx for the reports and general interest. stay tuned guys.

Roger, BLS_Shoes standing by

Sounds great bad benson. thank you for the addon i love it. 

But yeah i cant bind with key combinations (eg. ctrl+f)