bad benson

Enhanced Movement

How do you feel bout adding ability to pull yourself out of the water when facing a 2 foot wall? Always bothered me that you gotta swim for hours looking for a ladder when it should be a pretty easy pull up.

• Like 1

Hi, I have noticed with my friend that sometimes the fall damage prevention does not work. We are playing on a self hosted dedicated server that is not the strongest computer ever and running (@cba_a3;@st_gi;@mcc_sandbox_a3;@st_stamina_bar;@sthud_a3;@st_nametags;@asr_ai3;@em;@melb;@ares;@hrp;@outlw_magrepack;@shacktack_map_gestures). Now it might be related to temp low server fps or something I don't actually know how to find the actual cause. Maybe I should start by monitoring server fps and note it when this happens.

It is not a frequent occurrence.

Love your addon! :)
The only problem I've come across is missions with freefall parachuting (Glowing Desert mission) in which you die every time when you land, with a fall damage message.

(previous post was wrong login by mistake :icon_redface: )

Its the fall damage pbo, remove it from the @EM addon folder, then you don't die on landing (apart from the default landing too fast)

The problem seems to happen when player is dragged on landing (a wind blowing) if you are dragged for a second or  two with the EM fall damage running it kills you.  Is it possible to fix that?

(previous post was wrong login by mistake :icon_redface: )

Its the fall damage pbo, remove it from the @EM addon folder, then you don't die on landing (apart from the default landing too fast)

The problem seems to happen when player is dragged on landing (a wind blowing) if you are dragged for a second or  two with the EM fall damage running it kills you.  Is it possible to fix that?

with that kind of detailed report it sure is! thx

seems liek i need to add a delay. got armAed again...yay...

How do you feel bout adding ability to pull yourself out of the water when facing a 2 foot wall? Always bothered me that you gotta swim for hours looking for a ladder when it should be a pretty easy pull up.

hm. never tested. assumed it would jsut work. must be a logical problem or missing animation transition. will 100 % look into that.

This is cool :) The more movement you can do in a tactical shooter, the better. Only complaint I could maybe level at it is that the animations seem quite fast, and I think it might be a better if they were slowed down a little so that performing these actions becomes a deliberate choice with consequences if caught in the act of performing them.

yea speeds will be tweaked and eventually made fully dynamic. waitign for some script commands to not make this stupid hacky.

• Like 1

Why Mr. Benson I do believe I love this mod, which incidently, works perfectly!!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to perfect it.

Glad to help, :)

Hope it can be fixed, as with the damage pbo removed you have to be careful jumping down as you can easily get injured..

Really like your stuff sir, :ph34r:

fall damage will need to be worked on anyways since i noticed how the new dropping safe thing let's me drop safely from too high places. i mentioned this before but just giving a heads up to everyone to prepare for it to get more unforgiving when you just fall from somewhere.

Can anyone tell me how the Fatigue works with ACE3? SInce ACE has its own fatigue system which one ends up getting used? As it appears both systems seem to be pretty liberal when it comes to carrying loot but it would be good to know which one is operational when running both mods.

Since we still have the vanilla vault ( step over low fences and obstacles) animation.Would it be possible to integrate this in your mod as well? It could be used when moving slow (sneaking) while your animation could be used when moving fast. I still find the vanilla animation useful because you are still able to aim while stepping over a small fence. Integrating this in your mod would allow us to use one key only for both.

just an idea loving your work :)

@bad benson

I was bored before going to work last night so i did a temp fix for the submenu.sqf error i then got another error, Script babe_nvg\func\nvg\fn_nvgloop.sqf not found. No more errors after fixing these two.  ;)

class DefaultEventhandlers;	// External class reference

class CfgPatches {
	class BABE_NVG_FNC {
		units[] = {};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"A3_BaseConfig_F", "babe_core_fnc"};
	};
};

class CfgFunctions {
	class BABE_NVG {
		tag = BABE_NVG;

class core {
			file = "\babe_nvg\func\core";

class init {
				postInit = 1;
			};
		};

class nvg {
			file = "\babe_nvg\func\nvg";

class nvgOn {};

class nvgOff {};

class nvgloop {}; <===========
		};
	};

while inside a vehicle, the "use-key" causes the player to get out(not eject). well, i'm o.k. with that, but while driving the player gets out and stays unharmed, even at highest speed.

also the "use key" can even be dangerous, thinking of planes.

if you eject from a driving vehicle with the vanilla mouse-scroll interaction, result is the same as it is with the "use-key", except for the motor of the vehicle is still running.

while inside a vehicle, the "use-key" causes the player to get out(not eject). well, i'm o.k. with that, but while driving the player gets out and stays unharmed, even at highest speed.

if you eject from a driving vehicle with the vanilla mouse-scroll interaction, result is the same as it is with the "use-key", except for the motor of the vehicle is still running.

...same here.

...Any change in vehicle seating position will eject you.

...While in a vehicle and trying to access inventory, via the scroll menu, I am ejected. Accessing inventory via shortcut (lmb) works ok.

...I can aslo verify that ejecting at any speed, does not result in injury or death.

...climbing works fantastic. walls and fences are no longer obstacles. Does AI have the climb feature, if not, can they? I haven't seen them climb recently but I thought they did in the past. Not sure if it was your mod that allowed them to do so. Was along time ago.

...hopping down from a height of around 8' or less, is doable. No injuries or death.\

Oh... I have disable your "use" key.

yea the ejection thing is an intended but legacy feature from when there was fast get in. i will probably replace it with a menu for when you're inside the vehicle. until then it will be temporarily removed i think. thx for the report.

...same here.

...Any change in vehicle seating position will eject you.

...While in a vehicle and trying to access inventory, via the scroll menu, I am ejected. Accessing inventory via shortcut (lmb) works ok.

...I can aslo verify that ejecting at any speed, does not result in injury or death.

...climbing works fantastic. walls and fences are no longer obstacles. Does AI have the climb feature, if not, can they? I haven't seen them climb recently but I thought they did in the past. Not sure if it was your mod that allowed them to do so. Was along time ago.

...hopping down from a height of around 8' or less, is doable. No injuries or death.\

Oh... I have disable your "use" key.

no there will be no AI climbing for obvious reasons. i know you guys like to dream but think it through to the end. really asses arma's AI and think again if you still think that feature is feasible or even useful at all. at most there might be an attempt to add an option to order an AI mate to climb only over walls but probably not for the same reasons.

great you made your squad member climb up somewhere. what now? AI on/inside objects are useless outside of the predefined paths inside the model. sorry to crush some dreams but while i'm insane to some degree (for even making this one) i'n not THAT insane :lol: so i don't see myself wasting time on this sorry. from what i know there is just pain and failure to be discovered on that frontier.

took a little break from EM for the past week or so. but most things are layed out and ready for deployment. only thing that bugs me and i haven't looked into yet is the new/old problems with parachuting. i had this test and tested it myself specifically right before release. so either something changed or it wasn't thoroughly enough. either way. i gotta take care of that before i can release an update. i wish character collision wouldn't be retardedly broken in this game so i wouldn#t have to intercept damage and simulate my own avaerage/vague values. but it's arma...so.

thx for your list btw. will be addressed.

Sup man, I've been very recently getting ready to move my unit over to Arma 3 and found this gem of a mod. With all the mods im looking at i've tried to test em out as much as I can. This mod has shown me how awful most models are in the game since im getting stuck in various objects, not your fault of course. However when the mod is used with the knowledge of shitty Arma models it works amazingly, really good job with the animations, yeah some transitions are a bit janky but I don't really care because it looks so fecking cool. 

Of my time using it there are a few issues that ive come across:

1. the interact key activates way too far away from the vehicle, makes it feel like im teleporting to it

2. I can get into blown up and on fire vehicles... lol

3. I was getting hurt falling from about 8 feet high which was meh, ace3 conflicting maybe? I couldn't really tell (how hard would it be to add an animation that lowered yourself off the edge of a building?)

4. this one is harder to explain. If I cant reach a ledge from the floor I can kind of do a running jump and catch the ledge, or I can just jump and then catch the ledge mid jump to get more height. To do this you can either try and time 2 space bar pushes perfectly (one to jump, one to catch the ledge) or spam spacebar so you know you will definitely hit, the problem with spamming the spacebar is that for a split second you teleport on top of what you're climbing tp back to the beginning of the climbing transition which looks odd.

I've no idea if you can or cant fix any of these because I have no knowledge of coding/scripting/modding just thought i'd tell you my findings.

Overall this is a definite mod for the collection, once everyone understands when and how to use it this will be insanely cool. Congratulations on this mod, I hope you keep motivated to better it.

yes most definately ace.

yes dropping down safely is coming in the next update. check the first post for planned features and known issues.

• Like 1

Hi Bad Benson,

I just find a little issue.

I must activate the File Patching for being able to customize the userconfig files from a mod.

And activating the File Patching (-filepatching command in the shortcut line) give an error message at the Main Menu after launching :

Script babe.int\func\\ui\fn_submenu.sqf not found.

Visibly, it's an error in a file that call a non-existent script.

Maybe you should check that for those who are forced to use the File Patching to be able to use userconfig files.

Thanks for your work !

yea i had two of those dead entries. already pointed out by some peopel and already fixed. nonetheless, thx very much for the report. much appreciated.

update is coming soon. jsut suffering from a lack of motivatin atm. but no worries. it's almost ready.

• Like 1

Love your work with this benson and looking forward to the "climb down" feature coming up! Also appreciate that you made it modular.

/KC

Love your work with this benson and looking forward to the "climb down" feature coming up! Also appreciate that you made it modular.

/KC

Co-Sign!

• Like 1

maxresdefault.jpg

Is there any possible fix for Arma's janky top-of-the-ladder animation? :/

• Like 2

can you make the daylight laser more visible, since it is hardly to be seen?

can you make the daylight laser more visible, since it is hardly to be seen?

it's less visible in daytiem on purpose.

it generally needs a lot of work though. the current state is mroe like a simple first test. i plan to rework the laser at some point. with a laser beam and stuffs.

One question Bad Benson: can you make option to "slide down the ladder", as a part of advanced movement? You know, like how the firemen do it or sailors on the ships? :D