bad benson

Enhanced Movement

Had to make a new account since you have to sign up with email instead of username now.

Thanks for improving Enhanced Movement Bad Benson! I had a quick (solo) spin with it and it's really freshing to play with.

I noticed that there were some windows were you could hop through eventhough the glass was still intact. Happens with some small houses and shacs.

Examples: (Altis)

player setPosASL [9012,12025.5,26.2203]; player setDir 14.5845;

player setPosASL [9298.44,11883.5,15.9394]; player setDir 111.726;

If only windows could be stealthyly opened, always hate to give away my position by shooting the window before firing my UGL.

I haven't tried coop climbing yet so I don't know if there is any gesture the players can give to indicate they want to get a hand?

That would be welcome for when radio silence is necessary.

The mission variables were a good idea, hope the mods gets allowed into more servers now, can't wait to do some pvp with this.

The addon are nice, but i not understand why have others things not related with movement, NVG, inventory acces, etc. The problem is that if I'm interested in the movements, but everything else gives me problems with other addons I use, so I can not use your addon. For me, in addon of movement, only search modifications about movement.

This is my feeback, thanks.

The addon is modular : just remove the unneeded PBO files...

The addon are nice, but i not understand why have others things not related with movement, NVG, inventory acces, etc. The problem is that if I'm interested in the movements, but everything else gives me problems with other addons I use, so I can not use your addon. For me, in addon of movement, only search modifications about movement.

This is my feeback, thanks.

babe_core - required

babe_em - climbing and jumping

babe_int - interaction

babe_nvg - NVG effects

babe_laser - laser pointer

babe_fd - fall damage handling

these are the pbo names. remove what bothers you. i will add this to the first post.  thought it's a no brainer. i was wrong.

inventory acces? what? there is nothing inventory related in this addon. no items. nothing. please elaborate.

anyways. i will release another addon soon and in the course of that i will probably separate things a little. i didn't see the big deal with such tiny features and being able to remove them easily but i agree that it's not movement related. and i'm tired of writing documentation constantly.

I tried climbing atop tanks but seems arma's funky geometry system means I keep "floating" without actually getting a grip. Shame.

Did anyone have problem with the mod when continuing mission i.e. when loading saved game? To be precise, stamina bar on the bottom of screen is not showing after loading. I had same problems with magazine repack mod i.e. it doesnt work when you load previously saved game.

Guest HellGhost

Hi,

Just a question, is the laser sight (red dot visible with naked eyes) is from this mod or from another one ?

I don't try laser sights since some times before this mod, but I'm pretty sure that this is a fact from this mod.

And not a bad fact, it's a good alternative to the unrealistic crosshair (I don't even understand why using a crosshair in ArmA).

Thanks for the infos !

Hi,

Just a question, is the laser sight (red dot visible with naked eyes) is from this mod or from another one ?

I don't try laser sights since some times before this mod, but I'm pretty sure that this is a fact from this mod.

And not a bad fact, it's a good alternative to the unrealistic crosshair (I don't even understand why using a crosshair in ArmA).

Thanks for the infos !

Yes... this includes a visible laser in the daytime with the proper acc. Equipped as well as an nvg effect that are both in seperate pbos than can be removed or deleted without affecting the mod.

Did anyone have problem with the mod when continuing mission i.e. when loading saved game? To be precise, stamina bar on the bottom of screen is not showing after loading. I had same problems with magazine repack mod i.e. it doesnt work when you load previously saved game.

works fine for me. sometimes it helps to load the savegame again but i didn't have any problems with it for ages and i tested it quite a lot. do you have more details?  other mods inside the mix is always a possible cause.

another thing to consider. you can't load savegames you made before starting to use this mod. i could try to fix that but i thought it's not worth the hassle

Hi,

Thanks for the infos !

yea i think i haven't even listed it in the features lol. it was just a quick test to test my event handler system and since it worked nicely i thought i'd put it in the pack as a little bonus. eventually (soon) i will move it to a general game play feature mod that will also unclude PIP scopes and maybe a simple replacement for the weird vanilla first aid kits and damage in general.

works fine for me. sometimes it helps to load the savegame again but i didn't have any problems with it for ages and i tested it quite a lot. do you have more details?  other mods inside the mix is always a possible cause.

another thing to consider. you can't load savegames you made before starting to use this mod. i could try to fix that but i thought it's not worth the hassle

yea i think i haven't even listed it in the features lol. it was just a quick test to test my event handler system and since it worked nicely i thought i'd put it in the pack as a little bonus. eventually (soon) i will move it to a general game play feature mod that will also unclude PIP scopes and maybe a simple replacement for the weird vanilla first aid kits and damage in general.

This problem occurred when I played Ravage single player scenario by Haleks, I havent tested your mod for this issue in campaign. I was just curious if the stamina bar in your mod can glitch by itself, since the one made by ShackTac also stops showing when you die and load save game or when you continue mission which you already saved - and I tested that one in campaign and Ravage scenario both with other mods and only that mod alone. This one:

short questen to the fall damage system.....

i tested this with e simple trigger like this:

{
            position[]={11729.796,53.449135,18271.834};
            activationBy="WEST";
            timeoutMin=10;
            timeoutMid=10;
            timeoutMax=10;
            type="SWITCH";
            age="UNKNOWN";
            expActiv="EM_fd_min_dam_h=9;  EM_fd_mu=1; EM_weightlimits=[300, 600, 900]; hint ""done"";";
            class Effects
            {
            };
        };

Are there problems with ACE? Because a fall from a smal garage = a bit much damage. Have to bandage all slots.

But I´m not shure that i set it up the right way.

For future Plan wish list :-) :

Modul for Mission makers to set up this values.

short questen to the fall damage system.....

i tested this with e simple trigger like this:

Are there problems with ACE? Because a fall from a smal garage = a bit much damage. Have to bandage all slots.

But I´m not shure that i set it up the right way.

For future Plan wish list :-) :

Modul for Mission makers to set up this values.

fall damage interception doesn't really work with ACE. you could disable ACE med stuff. that could help. but i haven't tested indepth with ACE tbh. just looked if the basics work. multiple handle damage EHs at the same time is always a little tricky though.

yea i had someone else request modules too. i don't like them because when you stop using a mod they will be in the mission and cause hassle but i guess i'll let you guys decide if you want that hassle or not. will do the module in the next update.

This problem occurred when I played Ravage single player scenario by Haleks, I havent tested your mod for this issue in campaign. I was just curious if the stamina bar in your mod can glitch by itself, since the one made by ShackTac also stops showing when you die and load save game or when you continue mission which you already saved - and I tested that one in campaign and Ravage scenario both with other mods and only that mod alone. This one:

i play Ravage a lot myself and i never had a problem. it was one of the things i tested the savegame handling stuff on. i will do a double check now though. so basically the fatigue bar disappears but the rest works? i need a detailed description please. also, are you only using EM and Ravage? in general if you sue other mods too please list them so i don't have to ask everytime. just to make sure i fully understand. have you tried loading hte save again? sometimes after full game restart it can help.

EDIT: here are some cool screenshots by fabio chavez showing some new tactical possibilities :lol:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542833272

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542833230

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542833178

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542833414

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=542833392

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=538910882

• Like 1

i play Ravage a lot myself and i never had a problem. it was one of the things i tested the savegame handling stuff on. i will do a double check now though. so basically the fatigue bar disappears but the rest works? i need a detailed description please. also, are you only using EM and Ravage? in general if you sue other mods too please list them so i don't have to ask everytime. just to make sure i fully understand. have you tried loading hte save again? sometimes after full game restart it can help.

I have other mods as well. Ravage, Massi weapon pack, CBA, unit sfx - sound when units are taking damage, dragonfyre lite. Other functions of the mod worked i.e. climbing and going through windows. And yes I tried reloading the save, it didnt help. However I started new game and it shows now. It was quite odd. I played ravage last night, saved and exited the game and today when I loaded it, there was no stamina bar, and repack mod didnt work either (the character only reloaded new magazine). The game is up to date by the way.

Hello again BB, I wasnt sure if you read my comment, as you were being berated by some one about the other aspects of the mod. However, any thoughts on making EM use a "userconfig" folder. ? 

Hello again BB, I wasnt sure if you read my comment, as you were being berated by some one about the other aspects of the mod. However, any thoughts on making EM use a "userconfig" folder. ? 

Lol... that made me chuckle..

I have other mods as well. Ravage, Massi weapon pack, CBA, unit sfx - sound when units are taking damage, dragonfyre lite. Other functions of the mod worked i.e. climbing and going through windows. And yes I tried reloading the save, it didnt help. However I started new game and it shows now. It was quite odd. I played ravage last night, saved and exited the game and today when I loaded it, there was no stamina bar, and repack mod didnt work either (the character only reloaded new magazine). The game is up to date by the way.

hm. correct me if i'm wrong but i think this doesn't happen without these additional mods. if it does please report back. in general i just can't support 100% compatibility with each single mod out there even if i wanted to. people need to realise that mods are basically guerilla additions to the game. use at own risk, possible unexpected behaviour blablabla. so always expect the worst when mixing them. i did my best to make it work with most things by design though.

i can try to look into it in the future but right now it's not a priority, sorry. i'm happy to hear that the actual functionality is working though. that's the main thing. and the fatigue HUD will be obsolete after BI's Nexus update anyways. so it allows me even more to be lazy :lol: . thx for your report though and taking the time to get back to me with details.

could you explain the purpose of this? like do you want to balance yourself in SP or something? just make it sound good to me so i can get motivated doing it :lol: also. does a userconfig folder work with SWS? what are the benefits over mission variables?

if more control is really needed i'd rather use my menu. that's what it's for. just gotta make sure it works properly in MP. right now i do a isMultiplayer check before doing anythng to fatigue for example. but i still had some weird behaviour that i didn't have before. gotta look into that more.

• Like 1

hm. correct me if i'm wrong but i think this doesn't happen without these additional mods. if it does please report back. in general i just can't support 100% compatibility with each single mod out there even if i wanted to. people need to realise that mods are basically guerilla additions to the game. use at own risk, possible unexpected behaviour blablabla. so always expect the worst when mixing them. i did my best to make it work with most things by design though.

i can try to look into it in the future but right now it's not a priority, sorry. i'm happy to hear that the actual functionality is working though. that's the main thing. and the fatigue HUD will be obsolete after BI's Nexus update anyways. so it allows me even more to be lazy :lol: . thx for your report though and taking the time to get back to me with details.

I dont know. I havent tried this mod only. Will check it though sometime. But it's not big of a problem mate, I just reported the issue I experienced. I guess in some future patches Bohemia will add these things (stamina bar and mag repack) into game so they will work without problems. Important thing is that climbing and entering/exiting through windows works okay. You did an amazing job with this feature. Cheers.

Guest HellGhost

Hi,

Yeah, that's what I think, and its a good thing this naked eyes visible laser.

That's a great thing.

I think that it just need a little work (for avoid the huge dot when aiming a wall for example) but it's great.

You do well to let it available.

Using with the MRT functions, we are now really the simulation of the AN-PEQ accessories and similar equipements.

Daytime/Nightime laser and flashlight.

Thanks for this bonus ;)

EDIT : Spot a little visual issue, when using some movements (like climbing) in First Person, the camera is placed inside the character and we can see a weird geometry glitch :)

Hello 

I installed this mod but i got an error message : 

Script babe-int\func\ui\fn_submenu.sqf  Not Found

after if i try to lunch a mission or the editor, the game crach and go back to windows with this error message : 

Bad version 68 in p3d file 'babe_em\models\helper.p3d'

Can you help me because i didnt find a solution on internet.

Sorry for my english :)

Hello 

I installed this mod but i got an error message : 

Script babe-int\func\ui\fn_submenu.sqf  Not Found

after if i try to lunch a mission or the editor, the game crach and go back to windows with this error message : 

Bad version 68 in p3d file 'babe_em\models\helper.p3d'

Can you help me because i didnt find a solution on internet.

Sorry for my english :)

Where did you download it from?

I get the submenu error also but its on Dev branch and doesnt seem to screw it up. Also for some reason EM doesnt work with the Whole Lotta Altis mission but Im guessing there are just to many things intializing there