bad benson

Enhanced Movement

There are some cool things coming :)

BB is such a tease  :p

• Like 1

I am so glad to see this is being worked on again , Any chance that this will include better falling/landing anims some day ?

keep it up

PS: found out today that it is even possible to climb through open windows using your mod :)

falling/landing: i have a system for landing anims based on height but it's nothing fancy and no custom anims. right now it basically means you will fall on yo face, if you land from a long fall that also damages you. i will probably do the same for inbetween heights using default crouch anims but sped up.

windows: yes! this is a feature i have put a lot of work into this time around. basically detection in general is spot on now. sadly BI's models lack consistency in some cases which is why very few windows will fail you.

the current internal version is very far ahead already. there's going to be some extra goodies on the interaction side (vehicle seat category selection for example) too.

the release is right around the corner. i have a few bugs i need to fix and i still need to implement the new weight limit system. not sure yet if i will rework some of the anims before or after release. will have to see about that

I think I really need to add this mod to my upcoming RTS V mission...

after reading thru all these posts I feel  this is a have to have mod 

thanks for the hard work, and the giving to the community ...

small update. things are going very well recently. i've been doing an MP test with a friend today that consisted of me and him basically talking for atleast an hour over TS while climbing all over the place. so a non stop stress test basically. the amount of problems was super minimal and minor and all in the area of "expected since dealing with arma".

i'm not gonna do the whole ETA thing but there's not much left to do at this point since there will be another update not long after this one. so most likely in the next few days this is gonna drop. most likely :lol:

• Like 4

If (Vids or pics ==0) then {

it didn't happen

};

I kid of course... can't wait!!!. Boosting y'all !!!

:p

ok as promised here's some media.

one of my trusty (and most generous) supporters and testers Deuce was so kind to make a nice little video showing off the current version. anims are still some old some WIP but you get the idea. there are some interaction/action menu like features not displayed in the video but they are secondary anyways. enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvNOIiEwwM8

there will probably be another quick video right before release that will function as a nice to look at changelog. i also intend to make a quick showcase mission so all questions can be answered before they arise.

• Like 8

Will you be releasing this version eventually with the parachute-bug fixed? (this bug is why my group stopped using your mod :/)

• Like 1

Enjoyed the video! :D That's some impressive work right there, mate!

Will you be releasing this version eventually with the parachute-bug fixed? (this bug is why my group stopped using your mod :/)

yes of course. the para/halo thing and the savegame problems for SP people were a priority. and if something goes wrong still you can now disable my custom falldamage handling by simply removing one of hte pbos. you'll just have to live with arma's bullshit character collision system then :lol:

so i'll do my best to not have any loose ends. so far my testers reported success on the para/halo thing though. so fingers crossed.

yes of course. the para/halo thing and the savegame problems for SP people were a priority. and if something goes wrong still you can now disable my custom falldamage handling by simply removing one of hte pbos. you'll just have to live with arma's bullshit character collision system then :lol:

so i'll do my best to not have any loose ends. so far my testers reported success on the para/halo thing though. so fingers crossed.

That's great to hear. I was kinda hesitant to remove your mod in the first place because it was so good, but the para-dropping was essential. Good to hear it's most likely fixed though ;)

I know it'll never happen, but I hope someday this excellent mod gets added to ACE. It's up to the author and I'd not want to bother him by requesting it, just throwing it out there :D

I know it'll never happen, but I hope someday this excellent mod gets added to ACE. It's up to the author and I'd not want to bother him by requesting it, just throwing it out there :D

i don't really see the benefit. making it exclusive to a bigger mod with a lot of other features will only exclude people who just want to climb but not want to use ACE. but no worries. this new version is designed, to the best of my abilities, to work alongside anything you throw at it. compatibility with ACE has been tested continously by one of the testers and myself and seems to be working just fine.

I can confirm this plays nicely with ACE - there are some features you can disable from within the "Configure" area, that are redundant if you use ACE.

BB has been very conscious of other mods and compatibility is clearly a defining driver.

I can't wait to get the final testing sorted and see this released..... It's Brilliant

• Like 1

That's fine, my thought was that having these anims on MP servers would be a great boon, instead of not having it at all (unless you run your own community :D) Btw bad Benson, any chance of including a cover mechanic? I posted about it in ACE but nobody's interested in tackling it.

nah not interested in sticky cover. my goal is usually to unclunk arma and not the other way around :lol: and i'm more oldschool. unless it's a game specifically designed around 3rd person view i prefer leaning and stances. feels more seamless and natural.

so ETA of the release is thursday (european time). it's basically ready but i don't want to rush it out and i want to take another day to look over everything without having to write code at the same time. one day more or less shouldn't make a difference and the wait will be worth it i think. this will also allow me to update the last old animation (all others have been updated today and are still WIP but will be polished in further updates). thursday should be a sure thing though. so stay tuned!

• Like 6

Take you`re time ,rather for it to work ,than published in a brokened state

Sorry guys.  I took down the video to make a few changes.  It's about 75 percent the same, and 25 percent different.

Here's the new link.  Enjoy:

-V

• Like 2

Enhanced Movement - BETA

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXiTVJFdEhrc2pJN0U/view?usp=sharing

CHANGELOG

Movement

- almost 100% rewrite of all systems

- fixed/tweaked: more accurate and flexible detection

- new animations (very much WIP will be updated in the next update in 1-2 weeks)

- fixed/tweaked: fall damage handling (now optional pbo in case of problems)

- fixed/tweaked: savegame handling and overall initialisation

- added: cooperative climbing now possible (simply provide you back so a friend can use it to get to higher places by climbing onto it and then climbing again to the higher place)

- fixed/tweaked: jumping overhauled entirely (still needs some nerving for tear-prevention..)

- makes laser points visible without NVG and adds a ping! sound to the NVG and some grain and blur effects

Interaction

- added: super simple interaction icons (optional)....... -added: arma 2 mode since arma 2 buildings have retardedly placed memory points

- added: self-interaction (just holstering and general weapon selection for now...more later)

- added: vehicle menu to select seat categories

KNOWN ISSUES (please read this before reporting things)

- death on spawn in elevated position (missions specific)...will be fixed shortly with a hotfix

- some exploits still possible...will try to handle this without restricting too much (still WIP)

- some objects make you float (this has to be fixed by BI insdie the models)

- some windows or general places are not climbable (again..this has to be fixed by BI inside the models)

DISCLAIMER:

- this is kind of a pre-release for those that are eager to test. there will be some documentation and minor fixes added in the next few days.

- use this at your own risk (obviously...)

- this update will not fix old broken savegames

CREDITS:

thx to all my closed beta testers and especially....

Apache (indepth MP testing)

Einherj (indepth MP testing)

Deuce (indepth SP testing)

Corporal_Lib (indepth SP testing)

SerJames (indepth mod compatibility testing)

(more credits in the OP)

DOWNLOAD (for real): https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Y0VNgK9JXiWlc3S29kWW9HVDQ/view?usp=sharing

• Like 6

i adjusted some positioning last minute (which you should never do :lol: ) so on some objects you get some floating when you climb up on their edge. will be an easy fix. but i will do that tomorrow. too tired right now. just go prone to exit the hated float mode.

also additional disclaimer: the self interaction is bind to the same key as the normal use key right now. so make sure to bind it correctly so you don't get overlap or just disable the option. gonna be fixed tomorrow too.

anyways. enjoy!

• Like 2

Updated mod v0.4.5 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Bad Benson , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.