bad benson

Enhanced Movement

It's bad to see you leaving. Thank you for all your work and I hope to see you back in Arma 4 ;)

so my problem still exists :(

whenever a player is free falling from a halo drop and moves in any direction , they get instantly killed with the mod enabled ;( once the deploy the parachute it seems okay , but during free fall they will just die if they try and steer. Any ideas?

whenever a player is free falling from a halo drop and moves in any direction , they get instantly killed with the mod enabled ;( once the deploy the parachute it seems okay , but during free fall they will just die if they try and steer. Any ideas?

You my friend just solved a problem for me! Did not know that it was this mod that did that little nasty bug to me where i would fall like a rock from the skies!

BB, thanks for your hard work and enthusiasm! And yep, Arma has never been aimed at making a modder's life easier. There's so many redundant parts that it'll make your head explode.

Some questions for ya, BB (just curious):

- what you're gonna mod now? using a proprietary engine in which you have full access to all necessary feature for comfortable and much faster (compared to Arma's) workflow?

- imagine GTA 5 mod tools were released with bits of source code (shaders, etc.). would you give it a try? ;) RAGE engine seems to be one of the most flexible in gaming history.

Rockstar had worked their assess off to achieve this.

- will there be more updates for raptors, including additional dinos a more varied jurrasic fun?

I bet you could make a dinosaur mod using UE4. There's been big plans from various modder groups for a jurrasic park recreation on CE and other engines. All of them seem to have failed.

gonna be fixed soon. sorry for the inconvenience. i'm just not very motivated at the moment. will do my best to hurry up. probably somewhere aroudn the coming weekend or next week.

BB, thanks for your hard work and enthusiasm! And yep, Arma has never been aimed at making a modder's life easier. There's so many redundant parts that it'll make your head explode.

Some questions for ya, BB (just curious):

- what you're gonna mod now? using a proprietary engine in which you have full access to all necessary feature for comfortable and much faster (compared to Arma's) workflow?

- imagine GTA 5 mod tools were released with bits of source code (shaders, etc.). would you give it a try? ;) RAGE engine seems to be one of the most flexible in gaming history.

Rockstar had worked their assess off to achieve this.

- will there be more updates for raptors, including additional dinos a more varied jurrasic fun?

I bet you could make a dinosaur mod using UE4. There's been big plans from various modder groups for a jurrasic park recreation on CE and other engines. All of them seem to have failed.

i will just play around with UE4 and have fun. nothing serious planned.

i made a new t-rex model for the raptor pack but the way things are looking now it will probably never be put ingame or released. jus the thought of a creature that size in arma makes me go *sigh*. i don't even wanna try and think about the problems that i already know it will have for sure and will never be fixed. arma is good for making more guns, vehicles and units and scripting stuff. anything else is a waste of time.

Edited by Bad Benson

I found a BUG, when I jump into the map on their own, after the rebirth of keystrokes without any reaction.

There is also a suggestion, hoping to use the key combination key potential energy.

Edited by Narcissu

I found a BUG, when I jump into the map on their own, after the rebirth of keystrokes without any reaction.

There is also a suggestion, hoping to use the key combination key potential energy.

hm. i'm sorry but i don't really understand. can you try to say it a different way or maybe ask a friend to translate for you. don't take this the wrong way. i really just want to understand what you mean so i can fix it.

Sad to see you leave, I enjoyed your mods.

I hope I'm not too late to make this request but is there some way a mission maker could disable enhanced movement functionality? If there isn't could you add a variable that we could use to do that? For COOP it's not a problem but for PVP it can be a bit unfair and it would be easier then to restart the servers and swapping out keys. Thank you.

do you mean for when you cycle through different missions on a server and stuff?

i'll try to add a variable in this patch. not sure yet if there will be one major patch or a hot fix first and then the final (for now) update.

Yes, exactly, something like enhancedmovement = 0; that a mission maker can put in the initplayerlocal.sqf to disable the functionality. This way it can still be allowed on the server but turned off for specific missions. Looking forward to the update.

Sorry to see you leave BB; I enjoy playing ArmA with this and others of your mods.

Perhaps we can hope that after a break you'll recover your motivation.

Best wishes

Orc

Sorry to see you leave BB; I enjoy playing ArmA with this and others of your mods.

Best wishes

Orc

no worries. as i said. i will keep this addon updated and functional (if it breaks due to game updates). i just won't try to push the boundaries and come up with new features anymore. instead i will slowly and occasionally polish what i already got here.

i had some fun last night making new animations. so the next update will have updated anims after all (3dsmax does what i want it to so i can bare working with it :D). the current anims are all still the ones i rushed in a few hours before the contest deadline so they deserve some updating.

i know it sucks that the addon is kinda broken atm but my current internal version is not suited for a quick hotfix release. so i'll instead try to clean the whole thing up and finish those anims and then give you guys a proper update. i hope you understand.

Best wishes

Orc

+1 here

@BB:

Cheers, mate. New animations sound good. Happy to wait for whenever.

i found the bug: enhanced animations can be used only by player, not by Zeus-controlled AI.

In user-created mission when zeus has non-controlled player character you can see that enhanced animation like jumping applies on player character instead of zeus controlled AI

hm. i'm sorry but i don't really understand. can you try to say it a different way or maybe ask a friend to translate for you. don't take this the wrong way. i really just want to understand what you mean so i can fix it.

I'm sorry my English is not very good... I mean, after I enter the game plugin will lead to the puzzling jumps.

And I'm sorry it took very long time to reply...

puzzling jumps.

shit. i don't get it. i'm sorry :( maybe you can make a video of it? that would make it easier. what i got from your first post was that it stops workign sometimes. that should be fixed for good in the next version.

anyways guys. making some good progress. the code side of things was slowing me down a bit. that and lack of motivation and too much distraction. but i got a good workaround for those little fences and transparent objects in general. it will not solve all problems but that's all i can do considering the limitations of the ray cast commands.

so what that means for you guys is that you will be soon be able to vault over smaller things a la bf3/4. i already have an animation prototype and it feels great. i will probably keep the default vanilla vault for people carrying a lot of stuff.

sorry it's taking so long but i decided to do more than i initially planned for this update. i also want to rework jumping a little bit to give more freedom of movement so it can be used in a more improvized way rather than just fixed directions. we'll see.

Edited by Bad Benson

That small vault animations would be nice... does the fall damage got fixed (so we don´t die for jumping down from a landed Ghosthawk - or I´ve just discovered recently: sometimes getting of a civilian motor boat kills too)??? That´s the more pressing matter, but anything you add is welcome, I just can´t play Arma3 without you mod... it feels naked if I disable it for a mission broken for the above said bugs... please, don´t give up from this mod, not yet lol (does pictures of brazilian beauties motivate you enough? JK, it is against the forum rules ;)

cheers!

;2910302']That small vault animations would be nice... does the fall damage got fixed (so we don´t die for jumping down from a landed Ghosthawk - or I´ve just discovered recently: sometimes getting of a civilian motor boat kills too)??? That´s the more pressing matter' date=' but anything you add is welcome, I just can´t play Arma3 without you mod... it feels naked if I disable it for a mission broken for the above said bugs... please, don´t give up from this mod, not yet lol (does pictures of brazilian beauties motivate you enough? JK, it is against the forum rules ;)

cheers![/quote']

feel free to send any motivational media via PM :D

yea. no worries i will keep this mod updated. and sorry about that fall damage bug. i should've released a hot fix earlier. but now the version i have is too much of a construction site to release it early.

here's some ingame footage of some of the new animations. i hope you guys like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BROWqjuTM0g

here's some ingame footage of some of the new animations.

I watched all of it but the anims were crappy.

I found a BUG, when my HALO, I can not move, if the mobile will die (no open the parachute)

The mod works pretty well for what it intends to do, but i can't use in in singleplayer. It somehow bloats savegames. After loading a savegame for a couple of times, any keyboard input kills my fps whereas mouseinputs, even for the same function do not. This behaviour increases with every savegame load to eventually unplayable levels (down to a complete game halt of below 5 fps). If this got fixed...awesome addition to the arma experience.

The mod works pretty well for what it intends to do, but i can't use in in singleplayer. It somehow bloats savegames. After loading a savegame for a couple of times, any keyboard input kills my fps whereas mouseinputs, even for the same function do not. This behaviour increases with every savegame load to eventually unplayable levels (down to a complete game halt of below 5 fps). If this got fixed...awesome addition to the arma experience.

I've seen the same exact problem. In single player, I play the "Pilgrimage" mission (version 1.93). It's a very long, ongoing SP mission, so you need to save frequently. I disabled various mods until I finally realized it was the Enhanced Movement mod that was killing my frame rate. Once it bogs down to 5 FPS, it's unplayable.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24665