bad benson

Enhanced Movement

I just found that when you try to make parajump and try to move on the air, you get killed when pressing move keys (W,A,S,D). Same happen with fastoping, when you move when going down the fastrope with @rav_lifter you die when you touch the ground.

here i just set a video showing it

youtu.be/ffjO_2rIW_Q

makes total sense if you consider how i habdle fall damage now. i will add an exception variable for other mods to add to deactivate fall damage for short periods of time. and i totally forgot about halo jumping. will add an exception for being in a parachute.

thx for the report. hekps making this better.

Hey BB, beside the bug NidhoggAC has reported, I´ve noticed a very nasty one (cus many SP missions use ghosthawk deployment) and everytime I get jumped out (the scripted action of troops leaving an helicopter) of a ghosthawk, my character dies =P

If I disable @EM, everything is fine, so I bet the blame is on EM... hope you find out the cause, I can´t play without EM, but its a real bummer when you die from stepping out of a chopper!

BTW< it only happens with ghosthawk, jumping out of a littlebird, modded choppers, doesn´t cause nothing haemfull...

cheers!

thx for the report.

it's a weird one though. been testing a new feature with the ghosthawk and never died. what is the height you jump out from?

about the fast rope and other falldamamge related deaths: additional to a switch for addon/mission makers i decided to hopefully solve this the following way. my system percepts fastrope as falling. same goes for halo jumping. so i think it might already help to let the engine take over at a certain height that is irrelevant to my systems. maybe 10 meters or less.

i will have to find a sweet spot so low height fast rope is possible and at the same time you can jump from a roof of 6-8 meters and survive but break your legs like i have it now.

this next update is a little bigger one in terms of features since the amount of game breaking bugs is becoming smaller. so bare with me. things are going well though. i think you will like it :)

hey I found a bug. I didn't search the thread about this and just post this right away.

when I play a mission and I load a savegame a lot of times I experience that my FPS drops more and more. and the more often I load the mission them more FPS drop I have. what's funny though is that it happens only when I move. like walk or drive.

so to reproduce the bug: play a mission that needs some time (like pilgrimage or so). save and load as much as possible. after a while your FPS should drop drasticaly but as I said only when you move your player. as soon as you stand still the FPS should climb up to normal again

Hi, I seem to have found another bug. When swimming for 10 -20 seconds and then stopping in water the character gets hurt/dies. Its fairly sporadic, but it still happens even if you have a re breather and a wetsuit. Thanks again for the addon!

Hi, I seem to have found another bug. When swimming for 10 -20 seconds and then stopping in water the character gets hurt/dies. Its fairly sporadic, but it still happens even if you have a re breather and a wetsuit. Thanks again for the addon!

I´ve noticed it too, kinda suspected of EM too... but the worst bug so far is getting killed on disembarking from ghosthwaks! It breaks all SP and MP missions with ghosthawk deployment (and bizarrely it is restricted to ghosthakws, cus Littlebirds, ported Blackhawks, Hueys, Chinooks, Mi-8s and 24s, etc all work alright =P

I hope BB´s update isn´t so far way...

cheers!

;2856976']I´ve noticed it too' date=' kinda suspected of EM too... but the worst bug so far is getting killed on disembarking from ghosthwaks! It breaks all SP and MP missions with ghosthawk deployment (and bizarrely it is restricted to ghosthakws, cus Littlebirds, ported Blackhawks, Hueys, Chinooks, Mi-8s and 24s, etc all work alright =P

I hope BB´s update isn´t so far way...

cheers![/quote']

Yeah, it also kind of sucks when you have to swim ashore after your landing craft has been blown up only to die because of mysterious cthulu water damage with EM :P

hey guys. since BI came to their senses and fixed/tweaked falling damage there will be no more scripted falldamage in the next update. right now me and ruppert are preparing the raptor update release. after that i will finally have time to prepare an EM update too. i already did quite some work before so it's just a matter of looking through it. it will just be a hot fix for the falldamage with added interaction features for vehicles and objects (getin, carry stuff etc). basically my own action menu replacement.

after that update i will. push more towards the other features i planned. i really hope the whole fall damage thing will stay as it is right now. i prefer to not hack stuff to prevent stupid stuff from happening resulting in more stupid stuff happening. ;) it should be all back to normal for now though. i will just prevent certain damage while climbing. the rest will be vanilla again (and hopefully stay).

thx for your interest guys. i've been working my ass off to get the raptors perfect so i literally had no free minute to work on this. starting next week i'll be 100% on this one again for a bit to push it more towards where i want it to be eventually.

so now is the time to repeat any urgent bugs so they can make it on my immediate to do list ;)

Great News! Love that you did so much work on the Raptors, love to hear an update is coming for EM!!

Keep up the amazing work!

Hi, I was wondering if you could tell me how to get a custom animation into Arma 3, because I made an animation for an addon I'm making, but I have no clue on how to import the animation into the game. So far all I have is the .rtm file for it, but don't know where to put it.

ok guys. just a little heads up. started working on this full time again. fixed most bugs already and polished the new action menu i added. to those who reported the increasing FPS drop after loading. i found the issue. strangely enough my method to keep my features after loading isn't needed anymore. i'm still not sure, if something changed in the game recently or if i missed something but what basically happened was the system being initialised too many times ontop of itself which caused all code running twice, thrice and so on.

the swimming damage was also related to the scripted fall damage and will be gone since the whole system is obsolete now.

so the upcoming small features in this follwoing patch will be:

- vehicle action menu

- object interaction

- being able to climbing higher (but you will automatically put your weapon away after a certain height)

after this patch i will start working on a bigger update that will bring more new climbing related features and even some more non related features.

so stay tuned. there's probably gonna be one or more preview videos shortly before each patch/update.

@CastledCard: check this out http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177500-Animation-explanation-of-the-magic-behind

ok guys. just a little heads up. started working on this full time again...

very happy to hear that! EM, even in its early stage, has become one of the standard mods that i dont run the game without...

Great mod!! Is there any way you can make the options window when you hit ESC any smaller. As it stands if you use this mod with AGM or CSE it covers thier settings buttons and you cannot access them. Other than that I love your mod. Keep up the great work

There´s lot of missions I can´t play cus my character dies everytime he jumps out from ghosthawks, but I just don´t deactivate @EM cus I can´t play without =)

i'll release a patch for that very soon. waiting for an engine fix for or me finding out a good way around a certain issue.

i'll release a patch for that very soon. waiting for an engine fix for or me finding out a good way around a certain issue.

Is there a github repo or something we can follow along with?

ok guys. just a little heads up. started working on this full time again. fixed most bugs already and polished the new action menu i added. to those who reported the increasing FPS drop after loading. i found the issue. strangely enough my method to keep my features after loading isn't needed anymore. i'm still not sure, if something changed in the game recently or if i missed something but what basically happened was the system being initialised too many times ontop of itself which caused all code running twice, thrice and so on.

the swimming damage was also related to the scripted fall damage and will be gone since the whole system is obsolete now.

so the upcoming small features in this follwoing patch will be:

- vehicle action menu

- object interaction

- being able to climbing higher (but you will automatically put your weapon away after a certain height)

after this patch i will start working on a bigger update that will bring more new climbing related features and even some more non related features.

so stay tuned. there's probably gonna be one or more preview videos shortly before each patch/update.

@CastledCard: check this out http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177500-Animation-explanation-of-the-magic-behind

I'd love it if you released a bug fix patch in between waiting on BI to release engine fixes.

Awesome mod man! Keep up the good work!

Is there a github repo or something we can follow along with?

nope. sorry.

I'd love it if you released a bug fix patch in between waiting on BI to release engine fixes.

the patch will be there as soon as possible. it's not really relying on that thing tbh. more on my motivation.

Awesome mod man! Keep up the good work!

i'm sorry to say that there will only be one more patch to iron out the most problematic bugs to get this into a more stable state again.

i'm in the progress of quitting arma modding altogether. right now i'm redownloading arma 3 to finish this patch. have to reinstall everything after a windows reinstall.

after playing around with this engine for years now i wouldn't say i have mastered it but i have played with pretty much every aspect you can mod and i'd say i know all i need to know to say that this isn't worth my time anymore.

there's too many problems with the game and too many things that make it a chore to mod and all it does to me is kill my creativity. wanting to achieve very simple things you always end up doing stupid hacks to work your way around in this game. and then it'll still turnout shitty and far below its potential.

it's a little bit like with bohemia games in general (arma and dayZ. have yet to test take on mars. looks refreshingly nice though). it could be amazing but it just isn't. i'm just tired of making proofs of concept and always having to say that certain things will never work properly "cuz arma". i know there are flaws in my work and i'm not trying to blame others for them. i'm talking about the very core foundation which eats up my last bit of motivation to even fix my own shit. i've been postboning updating the animations with more pretty ones for ages since i just can't motivate myself to put in the work just to see my character glitch out most of the time making it useless basically.

i just realised that my goals are always not really realistic considering what engine i'm working with. as long as character collision and overall interaction with the environment will be as glitchy (not to mention simply roadway lods missing from a shitload of models that i can't/am not allowed to edit) things like climbing will never be "proper". arma is simply "ok" at exactly what it does. nothing more. if you want to go just an inch too far beyond that you are in for a lot of frustration. i won't even start talking about mine and ruppert's raptors... :D

sorry about this rant but i felt it'd be the right thing to let everyone know and keep their expectations low for the future. this might seem sudden but i made this decision a while ago.

anyways. arma is at 40%. so stay tuned for the patch soonish :p

Edited by Bad Benson
removed some unneeded parts to make the post more bareable xD

Well for what it's worth, I personally think you did something special here. Mods like this give the game infinitely more immersion.

Modders and addon makers seem to be dropping like flies. We'll miss you, man; good luck wherever you go in life.

I agree that the core of arma never aimed to be something beyond, and there was never that revolutionary step for it to be improved.

It's just sad to see modders go, as I don't really think there would be another platform and community quite like this.

Thanks anyway for your time and effort.

I agree: you did an incredible work regardless the limitation of arma engine...

Wow, that´s a major bummer... your breakthrough mods will be missed, but I´m glad you´re going to at least fix @EM, I can´t play without but the "killed on jumping out choppers" breaks a lot of mssions, so this fix will keep @EM active on my HD as long as I play Arma# =)

cheers! (good night and good luck!)

;2885857']Wow' date=' that´s a major bummer... your breakthrough mods will be missed, but I´m glad you´re going to at least fix @EM, I can´t play without but the "killed on jumping out choppers" breaks a lot of mssions, so this fix will keep @EM active on my HD as long as I play Arma# =)

cheers! (good night and good luck!)[/quote']

no worries though. i will keep an eye on it and if stuff totally breaks, i will fix it. gonna see what the expansion brings. maybe it motivates me to do more. i doubt it though.