bad benson

Enhanced Movement

Greatest mod ever before Bad Benson! Me and my friends are enjoy a lot!

We noticed some problem like Otto's, EM may make custom keybindings for other mods disabled after respawned in MP, including Alive, TFAR and Action Button Mod, but MCC sandbox works fine.

So far reload the missions(totally disconnect from server then rejoin) can restore keybindings, hope these info would help. :)

Sprinting + jumping makes you jump over the walls like if they were a low obstacle.

I'm juste waiting for small glitches to be fixed to use your addon on our server, thank you for your work, ArmA needed this last focus on maneuverability.

Seems like works fine but it conflict with Xmed and AGM

update coming soon. no CBA. no key overlap. it's already working but i need to polish it a little bit. mostly visually.

Sprinting + jumping makes you jump over the walls like if they were a low obstacle.

I'm juste waiting for small glitches to be fixed to use your addon on our server, thank you for your work, ArmA needed this last focus on maneuverability.

yea after i finished the next update that should improve usability and compatibility i will start working on making it more solid and less exploitable. after that, new features. updates will become more frequent again after i finished this major one. had to restructure some things.

What is the possibility of this mod working in conjunction with AGM?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178253-Authentic-Gameplay-Modification

I'll wait for an answer after the major update just wanted my voice heard.

update is out on steam.

changelog:

- fixed: should work now after loading a savegame (excluding old savegames made without the current version)

- improved: mod compatibility

changed: CBA no longer required

-added:

--- fatigue indicator (optional)

--- ability to disable fatigue (only in SP)

--- menu to change mod settings and keybinds easily from ingame (press ESC to access)

--- experimental bf3/4 like fast vehicle get in with driver, gunner cargo prioritizing (optional)

--- option to turn off features in general to allow mixing with other mods

standby for armaholic (Foxhound is probably sleeping right now like a normal person :D)

for some reason annotations are not showing for me. hope they work. the menu should be super easy to use though. double click to interact and hold shift+leftclick to drag it (screen position will be saved), if you want to move it incase it overlaps with other mod menus.

Edited by Bad Benson
  • Like 1

Thanks for informing us about the newest releases :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

The menu is great indeed !!! This mod is growing, can't wait to test it with AGM !!!

Not sure which annotations not showing you are referring...the mod looks working just fine.

Hey BBenson, don´t know why the menu isn´t showing up (ohhh I´m still on v1.30 legacy... hate the weapon inertia lol) even when I load up @EM with only CBA enabled (thou it doesn´t requires CBA anymore)...

The mod is working, cus I can insta-jump inside vehicle position whenver near vehicle and press F, but pressing custom user 1 key doesn´t vault or jump anymore =P

[Edit] You´re not using custom keys anymore? Which are the default keys then? (I´ve seen F is interation key, which key is jump/vault)?

cheers!

;2811093']Hey BBenson' date=' don´t know why the menu isn´t showing up (ohhh I´m still on v1.30 legacy... hate the weapon inertia lol) even when I load up @EM with only CBA enabled (thou it doesn´t requires CBA anymore)...

The mod is working, cus I can insta-jump inside vehicle position whenver near vehicle and press F, but pressing custom user 1 key doesn´t vault or jump anymore =P

[Edit'] You´re not using custom keys anymore? Which are the default keys then? (I´ve seen F is interation key, which key is jump/vault)?

cheers!

can you please run this without any mods before reporting anything? as you can see in the video there is a menu for key binding when you press ESC ingame, as described in the video. steam did some weird stuff with versioning yesterday though. i uploaded a new version but it created some kind of mix between the older and the newer or something. so it only worked after i uploaded a second time. please remove the addon and reinstall it. i'm using the steam version myself after each update and it's working fine for me. and please people. read what i write in the readme and in the video annotations. it's there for a reason eventhough the menu is pretty much fool proof.

either way please report back if you still don't see the menu after clean install and no other mods. i tested with CBA on and off and also in combination with doctorSheep's interaction system and everything worked fine.

EDIT: just a little heads up on what is on the next list:

now that mod compatibility should be sorted and the architecture is improved, i can finally go back to the core of this and start crushing the most glaring bugs like random deaths, climbing when you shouldn't be able to, balancing (aka influence of fatigue and load), visuals (anims and their speeds) and anything else that should be addressed before i start adding new features again.

EDIT2: i finally had time to test my addon with AGM. haven't gone deep into AGM's functionality but so far it works great alongside eachother. i explicitly designesd the code in a way to avoid any type of conflict so this should apply to any addon. of course there is always a possibility of overlap but for that you have the settings to turn off features and change keys.

still thankful for any type of detailed bug report concerning this issue or any other.

Edited by Bad Benson

;2811093']Hey BBenson' date=' don´t know why the menu isn´t showing up (ohhh I´m still on v1.30 legacy... hate the weapon inertia lol) even when I load up @EM with only CBA enabled (thou it doesn´t requires CBA anymore)...

[Edit'] You´re not using custom keys anymore? Which are the default keys then? (I´ve seen F is interation key, which key is jump/vault)?

cheers!

same problem here menu dont show up can someone help :(

i want to emphasis again. the menu will NOT show up in the MAIN MENU OF ARMA. you will have to start a mission and THEN, when ingame, you press esc. just having a feeling here that this could be the problem for some of you.

BB, not my problem, it doesn´t appears INSIDE a mission, when I esc and there´s the pause A3 menu (continue/save/load/exit) and MCC/BW3/AGM menus too if they´re activated.... the problem is, it doesn´t appear with only CBA and @EM (which is odd, cus CBA wouldn´t cause a GUI glitch), but you ignored a critical info on my post: I´M ON ArmA3 V1.30 (I hate weapon inertia) so I may be missing a function/official script introduced on V1.32!

Other info: the mod IS WORKING, I can jump into vehicles instantanealy with F key, I just can´t configure my keys (cus there´s no menu on ESC) and don´t know which default key is programmed for jump/vaulting with @EM, cus custom 1 doesn´t do anything, and V is my normal jump over fence =P

And just to piss you off a little bit more: why haven´t you coded the default @EM jump/vault key to V (of Vault) kinda natural association, right?

cheers!

;2811584']BB' date=' not my problem, it doesn´t appears INSIDE a mission, when I esc and there´s the pause A3 menu (continue/save/load/exit) and MCC/BW3/AGM menus too if they´re activated.... the problem is, it doesn´t appear with only CBA and @EM (which is odd, cus CBA wouldn´t cause a GUI glitch), but you ignored a critical info on my post: I´M ON ArmA3 V1.30 (I hate weapon inertia) so I may be missing a function/official script introduced on V1.32!

Other info: the mod IS WORKING, I can jump into vehicles instantanealy with F key, I just can´t configure my keys (cus there´s no menu on ESC) and don´t know which default key is programmed for jump/vaulting with @EM, cus custom 1 doesn´t do anything, and V is my normal jump over fence =P

And just to piss you off a little bit more: why haven´t you coded the default @EM jump/vault key to V (of [b']V[/b]ault) kinda natural association, right?

cheers!

because the key can be set by the user...the default key is space like in any other game with intuitive control settings :p

so try that and see what happens. i don't know about the version issue. i'm obviously not trying to fix it, if that is the problem. maybe try a different version, if everything else fails? https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ctrlCreate this is the command i'm using. the page says 1.26 though. i might move the UI element to the config, if this persists but tbh right now the cases of it not working are pretty isolated and it's really hard to tell if people are even running the right version (steam might be at fault) or testing clean in SP before anything else.

the thing is. i tested with several people. and while there are still some not at all related issues with the interaction key when you are the local host, non of them had issues with the menu and after proper install the mod works fine especially in SP.

i even contacted some people who commented on my steam page to help them trouble shoot and for each of them it worked after reinstalling. no idea what is happening there with steam but it might be the issue.

other than that i don't know what else to suggest. feel free to add me on steam so we can trouble shoot.

because the key can be set by the user...the default key is space like in any other game with intuitive control settings :p

I was thinking on SIM logic (g=gear, f=flaps, c=countermeasures)lol... SPACE, Oh boy why I didn´t try that... anyway, A3 is updating nonetheless (steam has disabled update block, so I´ll have to swallow weapon inertia like it or not.... at least EricJ´s weapons doesn´t have that (I play with 100% deadzone and freeaim so it is close to Infiltration/True Combat/RO2), whenever the slow steam finishes the update I´ll try it again, I have used the armaholic version BTW, and the menu hasn´t showed up this morning, lemme see now!

If the menu doesn´t show up, however, now that I know it is SPACE the vault/jump key, I´ll wont bother you more, the mod works so that´s what matters, but I´ll post here if the menu shows up (A3 has this strange behaviour of some erratic erros from install to install... DayZ is the same: a guy that plays with us can drink from ponds and rain water, me and my buddy can´t... and I´m talking about a mod-lock game here... BIS is some kind of magic to cause bugs bizarres like this lol)

[EDIT] v1.34 (CHoppers dlc update) on, no other mod than @EM loaded and NO MENU inside mission when in pause/esc... well, the addon works, I´m using space and jumping around, everything is fine, who needs to remap keys anyway (it´s BI fault for magic/bizarre bug, don´t take it hard on yourself BB, at least the movement is working!)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

;2811612']it´s BI fault for magic/bizarre bug' date=' don´t take it hard on yourself BB[/quote']

not at all. entirely my fault. i thought i was using good default values for the menu position but i underestimated the spectrum of scale the UI can be set to in arma via the options. i even forgot entirely that you can change UI scale in the arma options at all :o

so for now i made the menu reset to the top left corner everytime. you can still drag it if you need to but it will reset next time you press ESC.

i first had made an adaptive system that saves universial values that work in each UI setting but unfortunately the way BI are doing the change of UI settings is pretty wonky. so it changes partly but you have to restart the game to make it change 100%. that kind of allowed some weird positions still that might push the menu beyond the screen edge.

so for now a more restricted solution.

i hope it works for you too now. please report back if it does.

PM sent to foxhound so stand by for armaholic. steam is uptodate.

not at all. entirely my fault. i thought i was using good default values for the menu position but i underestimated the spectrum of scale the UI can be set to in arma via the options. i even forgot entirely that you can change UI scale in the arma options at all :o

i hope it works for you too now. please report back if it does.

PM sent to foxhound so stand by for armaholic. steam is uptodate.

Yep, I give you green light, the steam workshop version is good to go, the menu is finally visible (Initially I thought it could be a problem of menu position, but I´ve changed my UI size to very small and even thou I couldn´t see it), anyway, now it is visible and I could finally change my interaction key to Y instead of F (and so I´m not being auto ejected from vehicles when changing the weapon lol)

Thanks a lot, BB, now it is perfect! ;D

Cheers!

Thank you Bad Benson. Ever since I got into Arma a few months ago I found some of your early movement mod vids. Kept seeing your name all over the place too, helping modders with their projects etc.

I thought I would write you a poem to celebrate the long awaited release of this addon. I don't feel the slightest bit awkward right now:

Bad Benson paid a grip for the jeans

plus his slippers are clean

no chrome on the wheels

he's a baller for real

Thank you.

Thanks for informing us about the newest releases :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Fantastic mod bro. Ever considered adding a running slide to crouch? Remember the SMK mod for ARMA 2.. Man your mod reminds me of that great mod.

But the BEST possible addition would be a grappling hook and climbing... I know that's a lot but that would give you legendary status IMHO.

Best of luck!

Edited by Pharohx

@Benson: have you considered a vault type movement (similar to Battlefield's)? It could be done at any movement pace, where the player reaches out for the fence or some other low rise and jumps his legs over sideways.

I could be talking out of my ass here, usually am, but only wondering. Really enjoying it so far and I can't believe this is only pre-alpha. Congrats.

Fantastic mod bro. Ever considered adding a running slide to crouch? Remember the SMK mod for ARMA 2.. Man your mod reminds me of that great mod.

But the BEST possible addition would be a grappling hook and climbing... I know that's a lot but that would give you legendary status IMHO.

thx for the kind words.

i actually like the idea of slide crouch but it's hard to do in a way that doesn't make it kind of cartoonish/arcadey. will do some research on some ways to do it though at some point. overall my focus is quite different from SMK though. the name of my addon is a bit misleading. "enhanced movement". couldn't think of anything better :D . it could mean anything movement related. but it's mostly about climbing and everything else that is "missing" from the game but crucial from my point of view in terms of getting to places and especially ontop of stuff.

these are the places that bugged me most and that i always used for testing: http://cubeupload.com/codes/540830

makes you feel so limited to not be able to get there :D

so what i'm trying to say is. i'm all about simplicity and context sensitivity. i like my movement simple and effective eventhough the title says "enhanced" i'm not planning on anything out of the ordinary like stuff like sticky cover that people suggested before. so crouch slide depends mostly on, if i can fit it in there control wise. i'd hate to clutter things up or add weird movements that make stuff look like an action movie :p

i might look into changing the side adjust stuff to blind fire anims though (they almost are already). i don't use those at all since i hate being toggled into an anim that i can't move in so might aswell replace them. although i yet have to check out this: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160095-Stance-Adjustment-revised might be what i'm looking for already. looks promising.

but before i'm rambling away too much. grappling hook: yes yes. i want this badly too since i played bf2 pr again. and i will try my best but i didn't come up with a good idea how to do it in a way that is not a totally insane hack (climbing already gets close ;) ) yet. many things are "possible" to achieve very quickly. the question is if they are feasible and can look half decent in the end. visuals are important too.

@Benson: have you considered a vault type movement (similar to Battlefield's)? It could be done at any movement pace, where the player reaches out for the fence or some other low rise and jumps his legs over sideways.

I could be talking out of my ass here, usually am, but only wondering. Really enjoying it so far and I can't believe this is only pre-alpha. Congrats.

yea totally planned. there are several things i had "working" already but i removed for now to polish them more.

right now i'm finishing up a new detection system for visually transparent objects like fences, which the vaulting will benefit from. sadly the command i'm using for non transparent objects is very limited so there is extra work needed for fences here. it makes the method less clean but oh well. i don't think BI will improve the command any time soon. as you can see in my old videos i had a method for fences but i'm not happy with it. needs to be 100% adaptive to work on any map and its objects.

and yea battlefield was what i thought of when making this. it's funny when i'm playing battlefield now and am trying to get to higher places than possible before realising that it's more limited than arma with my addon :D