bad benson

Enhanced Movement

UPDATE:

changelog:

- fixed (hopefully): broken spam block

- changed: fatigue limit is now 95%

steam version is uptodate too

ok people, please try to break it ;D and report back. i had one too many spam checks in there. hopefully resolved now...that's what happens when you rush things..

Edited by Bad Benson

modders call it rushed,eager beavers call it a demo ;)

Gona have a swig at new version now thanks man

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:27 ----------

Bad benson your creation not good for my AI.HAHAHA im like an olympic gold medalist hurdle jumping through agia marina rite now;)Poor spetsnaz are getting left behind navigating 3foot high "walls" I swear thats not a hint to do the AI hahaha No really were lucky if they even find their way walking round the bloody thing.

Well seems like its working now.

Except: Previous mentioned problem still exists,still getting ejected from veihicles when changing view.

A few suggestions if i may:

Make an assault course video to promote the mod.I would do myself but never did before.A speed run with obstacles n pop up targets.Because after using this,"hearing" about what it does actually dosent do it justice;)

Suggestion 2: Iv noticed we now have the ability to jump through windows,more power to spetsnaz/seals etc. How about adding an eventhandler or something to detect the player is using the action at the window,and cause the glass to break?

Possible?iv no clue but would surely be a mod in itself would it not?

Will continue testing man;)

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

EDIT:

My mistake man,changing view dosent cause veihicle ejection.Pressing ANY key(not the any-key) causes ejection haha

yea no worries. it is pre-alpha brooo!!

seriously though. it's not "balanced" in the slightest at the moment and i'm very loose with when i allow it. that's on purpose. it will slowly change. especially after i'm sure it only does NOT work when i really want that ;)

thx for the instant report btw. helps more than you think.

EDIT:

aaaand. new MP bug introduced....fixing. standby:o

EDIT2: fixed! ...............................

steam is uptodate

this version is not compatible with other button based addons at all for now. need to add something to initialisation. will get on it once i get home. i hope this'll do for now

Edited by Bad Benson

yea no worries. it is pre-alpha brooo!!

seriously though. it's not "balanced" in the slightest at the moment and i'm very loose with when i allow it. that's on purpose. it will slowly change. especially after i'm sure it only does NOT work when i really want that ;)

thx for the instant report btw. helps more than you think.

EDIT:

aaaand. new MP bug introduced....fixing. standby:o

EDIT2: fixed!

No worries man,been waiting a while for someone to release something like this.It actually rivals if not betters BF3s vaulting.Infact it is better.Not much can be done with getting the 3rd person perfect but as is its very good when its on the "correct" wall type while not sprinting.And 1st person superb.

Hopefully someone can confirm its not just me getting ejected from veihicles by pressing keys with this mod.

now that you say it. i think there is some legacy code from my old interaction version in there. gonna remove it. the purpose was to be able to get out quickly using hte action button like in other games. seems like it's broken. standby for yet anotehr update..........then i really gotta go though.

steam is uptodate

thx again for the reports. very helpful!

Edited by Bad Benson

Ah cheers man!

Rite,got another hour in me,will fully go through this mod,even through mod maps see if anything worth mentioning pops up.

I got a bug when running this mod, any key I pressed on my keyboard while inside a vehicle would eject me from it. Restarted my game without the mod running and the problem went away, so it's something conflicting with this mod.

Thanks for informing us about the newest releases :cool:

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

this is pretty cool. Great work so far. Any chance you'll be incorporating any "stance" anims much like smookies in a2? "back against wall" and such

Hey BadBenson, your latest v0.3 update messed with a lot of other CBA based mods =/

EM is disabling MagRepack, VTS gestures, VTS weapon rest, L_Climb and Jump_MF (those two were kinda expected cus your mod kinda replace them...) so far that I´ve noticed!

CHeers!

I love it. We need that one in the game. Looking forward to your progress

Keep up your great work

Cheers

;2808728']Hey BadBenson' date=' your latest v0.3 update messed with a lot of other CBA based mods =/

EM is disabling MagRepack, VTS gestures, VTS weapon rest, L_Climb and Jump_MF (those two were kinda expected cus your mod kinda replace them...) so far that I´ve noticed!

CHeers![/quote']

this version is not compatible with other button based addons at all for now.

this is temporary. i just restructured everything to CfgFunctions and also added a new keybinding system. this will not only eliminate the need for CBA but also allow you to bind your keys in a custom little menu i made that pops up when you hit ESC ingame. there you will also be able to dis/enable certain features like the action key, if you prefer any of the other action mods.

more info later today and probably the new version too.

any chance of faster movement(walking,running) ....optional?Arma 3 Vanilla movement is really sluggish

any chance of faster movement(walking,running) ....optional?Arma 3 Vanilla movement is really sluggish

I think its spot on actually.I served in military when i was younger.I remember a full combat load(cant forget) For example,a styer rifle,looks pretty light,try running with it at a jogging pace for a few miles,it becomes extremely heavy.

The way BIS implimented it is fine i think.

In arma,if your running with less gear,ie. no launcher etc you do run faster.Try sprinting as a civ.

Theres possibly an init command round somewhere to get the effects your after.

this is temporary. i just restructured everything to CfgFunctions and also added a new keybinding system. this will not only eliminate the need for CBA but also allow you to bind your keys in a custom little menu i made that pops up when you hit ESC ingame. there you will also be able to dis/enable certain features like the action key, if you prefer any of the other action mods.

more info later today and probably the new version too.

Wow, that´s is great, maybe being CBA-free it will also reload your addon properly when loading a saved game? (VTS and TPW are immune to this long lived BIS bug, but MAgrepack isn´t... at least without using moduload addon lol)

Great, if you achieve the cooperative climb, Laxxeman´s climb would be fased out =) (Maybe he could help you with that feature)

cheers!

Great Addon. It's perfekt to use in stealth mission or something similar.

But unfortunately it doesen't work when you take control about another unit via zeus and try to climp or jump.

The player himself jumps but the unit which you toke control about doesen't jump.

problem found, when ever try to get in any vehicle and hit the gas, it automatically eject the player. it dosen't matter which key i press. every key make player get out from vehicle.

problem found, when ever try to get in any vehicle and hit the gas, it automatically eject the player. it dosen't matter which key i press. every key make player get out from vehicle.

Using newest version?That problem got addressed in last one.

Great Addon. It's perfekt to use in stealth mission or something similar.

But unfortunately it doesen't work when you take control about another unit via zeus and try to climp or jump.

The player himself jumps but the unit which you toke control about doesen't jump.

hmmm. interesting. gonna investigate. but first i want to see if i can make it work after loading save games for all the SP guys.

hmmm. interesting. gonna investigate. but first i want to see if i can make it work after loading save games for all the SP guys.

Check out with TPW or Shay_gman (TPW mods and MCC reloads fine), cus if I recall right, you need to force the engine to reload the scripts related to your addon, I don´t know exactly the function, but they´ll surely help you out =)

Thanks for the attention on SP guys demand ;D

Using newest version?That problem got addressed in last one.

It's new one and it's still happening :(

This is fantastic work, can't wait to see what it has in store for the future.

Hey Bad Benson

Fantastic mod. I like it very much.

I know it´s in the early stage, and great work you have done so far. I know there still is a way to go and you said its early stage. So thank you for sharing it with us.

I have been playing with it due the weekend and I discovered that it conflict in someway with AGM - "Authentic Gameplay Modification". http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178253-Authentic-Gameplay-Modification What happen is, the menu in AGM is not working + the setup key binding is not function, when "Enhanced Movement" is enabled.

Is this something you can look into in the future, so we can use both mods, at the same time?