Sign in to follow this  
devilslayersbane

[SP] Rise of CSAT Campaign

24853.jpg

Community, today I get the pleasure of delivering the first mission of my single-player campaign which details (my speculation) how CSAT was a little under-handed in stripping away NATO's declining power. In this campaign you follow an Army National Guard Auto-rifleman in his deployment. This particular mission is relatively easy, but it does really help introduce the mood of the campaign. Currently, the first mission is very bare-bones. There's no scripted dialogue, the briefing is extremely short, and ambiance is somewhat lacking.

Current features:

Custom Music

Takistan (in place of an actual afghanistan map, atm)

One playable mission

ISIS

Ambiance

Planned features:

2 episodes of 7 missions each

Missions on multiple maps

Full voice acting

CSAT

More Ambiance

More dramatic action.

Addons required (currently):

RHSUSF or RHS Escalation

CAF aggressors

F-35C(FC-37)

RDS Civi Pack

AIA TP

RDS CAF Config

All music released for use under the CC A NC SA License. Reference these links below:

Kai Engel

Tusk Lord

Art Of Empathy

All credit for the mods used (and may be used in the future) goes to the mod authors.

Any scripts used in the future will have credit to the appropriate author.

Changelog:

30 OCT 2014

-Initial release

2 NOV 2014

-reduced black screen

-added campaign description.ext (currently WIP, will crash your game if you try to play it as a campaign atm)

-Added RDS CAF config dependency

-Added more ambiance

-Added chat (voice-overs not present yet)

Known issues:

-AI doen't know how to drive around people (not my fault)

-Still only one mission

-At the moment, you'd be better off putting the mission itself into your missions folder (see description.ext)

Care to try it out? Check out this awesome download link!

Don't like that one? Download it from Armaholic!

Edited by devilslayersbane

Great Devilslayerbane, a custom campaign with RHS and other MANW and popular mods, it is a must have! I´ll follow its development closely!

Custom music and voice acting, is just the cherry of the sunday! I´m playing it right now! (the files goes on Campaign folder, even thou it is one mission only right now, right?)

[Edit] Put the file on Mission folder as it has .takistan on extension (and is 1 mission anyway) so got it to work... gotta say it is kinda annoying waiting almost 2 minutes staring at a black screen, I know you´ve intended to set the mood with that melancholic music but you could have added some briefing text or just an animated screen with quotation as UGAF´s "United We Stand" campaign did, but it is a minor annoyance, when the mission starts it is AWESOME, all that movement around you at the airbase, the ppeffects giving a desert-ish dry mood, lovely... and all those mods to give A3 it´s deserved realistic atmosphere... keep it up! Anxious for the next previous installment (hope at least 4 missions in a roll lol)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

;2806946']Great Devilslayerbane' date=' a custom campaign with RHS and other MANW and popular mods, it is a must have! I´ll follow its development closely!

Custom music and voice acting, is just the cherry of the sunday! I´m playing it right now! (the files goes on Campaign folder, even thou it is one mission only right now, right?)

[Edit'] Put the file on Mission folder as it has .takistan on extension (and is 1 mission anyway) so got it to work... gotta say it is kinda annoying waiting almost 2 minutes staring at a black screen, I know you´ve intended to set the mood with that melancholic music but you could have added some briefing text or just an animated screen with quotation as UGAF´s "United We Stand" campaign did, but it is a minor annoyance, when the mission starts it is AWESOME, all that movement around you at the airbase, the ppeffects giving a desert-ish dry mood, lovely... and all those mods to give A3 it´s deserved realistic atmosphere... keep it up! Anxious for the next previous installment (hope at least 4 missions in a roll lol)

cheers!

Thank you. I may do that for a simple work-around until I can get the more story-heavy dialogue/briefing in. I also only meant for the screen to be black until the helo really started moving. I will definitely look into this issue. And (excluding updates to this particular mission) the next larger installment will have you going until at least mission 3.

hi an ty for the SP but when i start the mission i have black screen any idea why :)

and when i pres Esc i see i am in the choper o.0

hi an ty for the SP but when i start the mission i have black screen any idea why :)

and when i pres Esc i see i am in the choper o.0

Welcome to the foruns, Pavel_87 =) The answer is two lines above: you have to wait for aprox 2 to 3 minutes, listening to music and radio chatter, till the chopper "touchs down" the airfield on Takistan... Devilbane replied he´s working on improving it, for future reference, please, when you have a problem, just read some lines or page back, it might have already been answered/fixed before and people tend to get tired of repeting themselves ;D

cheers!

I played through it, and it was fairly enjoyable. However, I though the ammo that each unit had was pretty low. I ran out around halfway through the fire fight in the town and had to take one of the insurgents' AK-47's. Also, was there a medic in the squad? The mission could also use some polishing. Good job. I look forward to future installments.

New Update today!

2 NOV 2014

-reduced black screen

-added campaign description.ext (currently WIP, will crash your game if you try to play it as a campaign atm)

-Added RDS CAF config dependency

-Added more ambiance

-Added chat (voice-overs not present yet)

-Increased ammo count for AR's

Edited by devilslayersbane