Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

PvP Mode - Need Testers

Hi all. For those of you who don't frequent the editing & scripting portion of the forums, my name is David and I love to write code. I've been developing a game mode sporadically for sometime now. After alot re-boots and a couple years it's at a decent point and it is starting to shape up to my initial vision. In any case, I'm looking for a PvP oriented clan to do some testing and provide legit feedback in the future. I'm working alone here, so there's only so much I can test. Below is a description, highlighting some of the key features of the game mode. There are more however. If interested, please leave a reply or PM.

=======================

DESCRIPTION:

=======================

- Battlefield Conquest Mode aka BCM is a game mode derived from BF conquest game mode. I always wanted to bring the same style to the Arma engine. With more vehicles, realistic ballistics, bigger atmosphere, limitless scenarios and even logistics of sorts.

=======================

FEATURES:

=======================

- suitable for 1 - 51 participants

- 3 sided struggle between NATO,CSAT & AAF

- Easy copy and paste format to make new scenarios

- Add or remove sectors, participating sides and vehicles very simply

- Bot Mode (optional)

- Play alone and have a blast

- AI groups will utilize nearby vehicles, including air assets

- Dynamic vehicle respawn at sectors based on the sector owner's side

- Automatically flip any overturned vehicle back upright

- Persistent score and rank

- Available loadouts are based on rank

- Each rank will be a feat in itself and will not be easily obtained

- Play now an come back later to resume your progress

- Respawn menu

- Menu Spectator Mode

- Includes available loadouts and available spawn points

- Dynamic spawn points

- Available spawn points based on sectors controlled

- Mobile Respawn Camp to fight over

- The camp pack can spawn in any given building's rooms in any given sector

- The camp pack will automatically respawn itself if at anytime a camp (tent) itself or the actual backpack object becomes null

- Toggleable Custom Status HUD

- Shows current health and fatigue via progress bars

- Commander Support

- Each side has 1 commander

- Each commander has limited supports at his disposal

- Arty

- CAS GBU

- CAS MISSILE

- 3D side markers

- For both alive and dead

- Separate flag (marker) colors for Friendlies and group members

- Separate skull marker style for all dead men

- "Warning" marker style for enemies IF the player knows enough about the target

- Mobile Camp pack has 3D marker attached when on the ground

- Rearming Hubs marked with 3D marker

- Slow Bleed ticket system

- Fast Rearming

- Custom UI for rearming the player with valid ammunition out in the field (VRH)

- lobby parameters

- Time of day

- 3D Markers ( OFF / ON )

- 3D Marker's range

- Fatigue ( OFF / ON )

- Starting Tickets

- Mission Timer

Hey Iceman77. Sounds like an interesting concept. Whilst I don't PvP, I'd be happy to help test. I play solo mostly on my dedi setup.

However, if you'd rather go for a bigger group I won't be offended mate :)

Sounds great. Would love to play this on the upcoming Wake Island :)

You didn't mention anything about squads. Will we be able to create custom squads, lock them, invite players, etc.? Similar to how TacBF does it.

I could probably get about 5-6 guys from my clan to test this. If interested, PM me.

Sounbs good Iceman77, are you planning a stats system (not to the extent battlelog did it) but something like number of bullets fired and hits ratio, k/d ratio, favourite weapon etc?

Are you using respawn template for spawn pos and loadout defaults? are you removing the ability to loot dead bodies?

For a BF sytle conquest its fast paced and some of the default Arma options are a little slow (gear etc from bodies, opening doors)

Have you figured how you will do the ammobox drop to reload all ammo for player or medic box to gradually fill health?

Lots of questions but looking forward to playing at some time.

Have you figured how you will do the ammobox drop to reload all ammo for player or medic box to gradually fill health?

There's static (custom UI) rearming stations at each sector and at each base for on the fly rearming. ATM there's no support for supply drops in the field. However, that's really not hard to impliment as it's already setup so that players will automatically get the action to use the virtual rearming hub when near and looking at any type ammobox. Essentially just add the supply drop module and go.