Thanks for the feedback.

Answering question 2) first, once the cannon overheats, I believe it has a ten minute cooling cycle - similar to real life overheat cooling times for the M230 chain gun. However, you'd have to fire 300+ rounds in very quick succession to get the overheat in the first place, so perhaps stagger the firing into bursts.

As for adding Stingers to the Apache wingtips, we are currently investigating the possibility of adding the Jet DLC pylon system to the Apache. It is feasible that they could be included in that system in the future, however, I am not certain that BAF Apaches actually do carry an AA loadout. Happy to be proven wrong if you can provide evidence.

23 minutes ago, evrik said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Answering question 2) first, once the cannon overheats, I believe it has a ten minute cooling cycle - similar to real life overheat cooling times for the M230 chain gun. However, you'd have to fire 300+ rounds in very quick succession to get the overheat in the first place, so perhaps stagger the firing into bursts.

As for adding Stingers to the Apache wingtips, we are currently investigating the possibility of adding the Jet DLC pylon system to the Apache. It is feasible that they could be included in that system in the future, however, I am not certain that BAF Apaches actually do carry an AA loadout. Happy to be proven wrong if you can provide evidence.

Oh yeah, we fired a lot. Was one hell of an op and the Apache saved our guys. Was just curious as to how long it takes to clear, we ended up switching assets before we had a chance to see it functional again.

As for the Stingers, I've not seen pictures of them using AA loadouts primarily but the airframe is capable of it. Both Wikipedia and the British Army Website list the anti-air under armament. It may not be a regular loadout but I think it'd be a nice option, especially if you guys run with the Jets DLC pylons. Why not have more options, right? :)

I know the Apache has two main AA options, either one Sidewinder on each wingtip (total of 2) or dual Stingers (total of 4).

Appreciate you answering my questions promptly.

1 hour ago, evrik said:

I am not certain that BAF Apaches actually do carry an AA loadout

They don't really.

The UK had plans to fit Starstreak on the tips of the winglets in box launchers containing two missiles. Trial launches were conducted in the US with the WAH-64D prototype, but AFAIK Starstreak was never introduced as an armament on the Apache AH.1. The UK doesn't use Stingers or AIM-9s which are the other certified AA armaments for Apache.

Currently, the space on Apache AH.1 is occupied by the MAWS sensors for HIDAS. So there's not really an option to mount anything there any more, anyway.

d26oPB0l.jpg

Similarly, the AH-64E currently used by the US army, (and in future the British Army) uses this space to mount MAWS (called AN/AAR-57 CMWS in the US) or a LAIRCM pod which features the CMWS sensors and an additional AN/AAQ-24 Nemesis DIRCM system. Dutch Apaches also use CMWS and/or Nemesis. But in a different pod.

So the ability to carry AAMs like Stinger, seems to have been totally dropped in favour of a better defensive aids suite, which is more vital to the aicraft's survivability against a wider spectrum of threats, than trying to fight enemy aircraft. Edit: Seems that Taiwan and South Korea's AH-64Es have new fairings for mounting sidewinders in place of the CMWS mounts seen on most AH-64Es

Nemesis is already used in the UK on Merlin, Hercules, Globemaster and Voyager among others. So could potentially see use on our AH-64Es.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, -XSQN- Bridge.J said:

First of all, great mod. We love using these vehicles in our ops.

Now I do have two questions:

1) Will you guys consider adding the Stingers on the Apache's wingtips? They are capable of mounting them and it adds a nice anti-air option to the aircraft.

2) With the Apache we suffered a gun overheat during our last op. Makes sense, but does it go away over time or is there a procedure/system to clear the overheat?

Cheers guys, and once again great job with the mod.

From what i know, only the US has AIM-9X's on the wingtips of the AH-64D, and even then, its a very rare case that it is used

Some good points regarding the MAWS sensor.

Still, it'd be nice to have the pylon there if Jets pylons end up making their way onto the Apache. Just adds more options which is never a bad thing. :)

Guys, not sure if its been reported already but the merlin hc4, with the door gunners - carries 18, appears to only carry 14. At least only 14 ai will get in it.

On the vehicles the Optics on HMGs are set to allow more close quarters engagements as I understand it.

Probabably a very silly question, but is there any way in a mission to override the current settings to allow use in a more Support role at distance?

its a shame you can’t swop optics like you can on the personal weapons

thanks

Not that I am aware of. Others in the team may know. We had hoped that the ability to swap optics would be a possibility by now. We went with a middle-range magnification (I think it is x1.5 or x2) because the top gunner was almost useless in any built up areas, or during closer quarters. We had hoped to be able to switch between the x4 acog and iron sights, or even a red dot we could add on top, but I don't think it is supported. If any one finds a way though, we'd look to implement it.

just spit-balling here, but could you not have the 4x acog with its iron sights but make each one a separate vehicle position. like gunner (4x), and gunner (iron)? just going off the RHS tanks with their two positions in the commanders hatch for viewing and for using the machine gun.

Initially we had the x4 acog on the HMG, but it was virtually unusable as a close support system for the Jackal.  The current version is a compromise between close and long range.

Since the original release of the Jackals, there have been some additions to Arma that may make it possible to get iron sights and the scope working.  At some point we'll revisit the Jackal and Coyote and hopefully find a better solution.

Hey guys.

was just tjekking status on oure mod repo and oure delta gamer staticline is a old version...

We are using that becuse at the releace of his new version your mod dident support it.

didt you ever fix that???

Hi Loopdk, I don't think we've looked at it. I'd have to try and get in touch with Deltagamer to see how to make our vehicles compatible with the latest version. I know he changed how it was done.

We are close to a release of the update to the BAF Vehicles, so if I can get in touch with him and it is a simple fix, then it might make this release. If it requires some work, then it may have to wait until next time. We need to get this update out.

• Like 5

Dont use to mutch power mate...

A new staticline mod is almost here!

Okay. I'll see if I can speak to him and find out how simple it would be to add in his most recent version to the Merlin and Wildcats. It will depend on his reply as to whether or not it makes this release.

Can you direct me to the forthcoming static line mod you are talking about? I'll try and find out if we'll need to do anything to make that work with our helicopters.

16 minutes ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Whats a static line?

A Static line parachute will automatically deploy as you exit an aircraft

Its how most military jumps are done (That way you don't need to worry about Pte Fucknuts pulling the correct cord)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, evrik said:

Okay. I'll see if I can speak to him and find out how simple it would be to add in his most recent version to the Merlin and Wildcats. It will depend on his reply as to whether or not it makes this release.

Can you direct me to the forthcoming static line mod you are talking about? I'll try and find out if we'll need to do anything to make that work with our helicopters.

I think they may be referring to this mod which appears to be coming along nicely.

Mod aside, it's awesome to see the community coming together for its development.

• Like 1

Okay, thanks.

Spoke to the author of that mod. Seems our helicopters should work with his mod running as we inherit from the BIS helicopters and his Eventhandlers are higher up the inheritance structure.

• Thanks 1

I'm pleased to announce that version 7 of the 3CB BAF Vehicles has now been released.  

This version contains a new vehicle, the Bulldog, as well as updates to our existing vehicles.

7zvQaaa.jpg

Change Log

Apache

• Added support for Jet DLC Pylon system
  • Improved destruct textures

Coyote / Jackal

• Added 'PIP' bounding boxes to mirrors and screens
  • Added 'vehicle in vehicle' bounding boxes
  • Fixed HMG L111A1 carry handle
  • Fixed HMG L111A1 rotation on Coyote P HMG Woodland
  • Fixed incorrect naming of 'maxDroop' variable name
  • Improved damage and destruct textures

Land Rover

• Added missing passenger proxy to WMIK GPMG variant
  • Added 'PIP' bounding boxes to mirrors and screens
  • Adjusted memory point for lens flare position
  • Fixed clan logo on Soft Top variant
  • Fixed incorrect naming of 'maxDroop' variable name
  • Fixed WMIK HMG carry handle
  • Improved Dashboard texture layers

Merlin

• Added Eden Editor Attribute to enable pre-folding of HC4 / HM2 tail and rotor on spawn
  • Improved lock detection system

Wildcat

• Fixed Cockpit search light - works when pilot has activated helicopter main lights
  • Fixed incorrect inheritance of class Sounds
  • Improved lock detection system
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 2