3 hours ago, evrik said:

It was on the list, but given that the pivot system is not supported by the engine, any and all effort required to make something work - assuming we had a decent model which we don't - was deemed not worth it. Our time could be better spent releasing the vehicles and kit which we have released. Even if we wanted to base something on the Swedish mod you mention, we'd need a model first and permission from the Swedish team to use  the system they have created.

Alternatively, if the Swedish model is set up for hidden textures, why not just reskin it into BAF colours?

Well the Swedish model pivots ok (least in my humble amateur opinion) just had 4 happily loading and unloading from lcu - looked great doing amphibious assault.

Why don’t you guys give it a go and see?  I bet the Swedish mod guys would give you the model as at least a starting point ? If I had the skill you guys have I would ask them myself. It needs some work ie Ffv turn out etc

1 hour ago, evrik said:

You don't need any skill to ask them.

I think given your guys reputation you will have far more luck than I in getting their source if I am honest. But why not download it and take it for a spin first - see what you think of it ?

Not much point. Despite you 'betting' that another mod team would just be happy to hand over all of their work, it would be best for you to make sure of that before we do anything. If you are not bothered enough even to ask, why do you think we'd spend countless hours of free time we don't have adding it to our pack for you?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, evrik said:

Not much point. Despite you 'betting' that another mod team would just be happy to hand over all of their work, it would be best for you to make sure of that before we do anything. If you are not bothered enough even to ask, why do you think we'd spend countless hours of free time we don't have adding it to our pack for you?

Ok I will happily ask - I thought it would been worth you guys testing it though to see if you think it’s good enough... if they are willing how do you want me to get them to contact you ?

Firstly, find out what their policy is regarding their work. Secondly, feel free to PM me on here with any reply you get from them. If it's a no from them, then that draws a line under it. If they are open to contributing it to another mod, then I'll have a chat with them. Send me their contact details in your PM.

• Like 1

Just now, evrik said:

Firstly, find out what their policy is regarding their work. Secondly, feel free to PM me on here with any reply you get from them. If it's a no from them, then that draws a line under it. If they are open to contributing it to another mod, then I'll have a chat with them. Send me their contact details in your PM.

Ok

Hey!

Why do the AI report "Out of ammo" in the gunner slots? When I turn into their gunner posistion all I have to do is go out of the "weapon safety" mode.

The dumb AI keep saying "I need ammo" though all they have to do is press "safety off" 😥

Loving the new TCV/SV's guys!

Just curious is there any plans to be able to roll up the side covers aswel as the rear? It would help massively with SA and be more entertaining for the passengers in the back to be able to observe

Thanks for all your hard work bringing us new and interesting toys!

You need to have ammo in the inventory. As commander / gunner, turn out, and press R. It will start reloading. You can turn in after that and it will continue. You can't start the reload from inside. It was simply to create a rather basic reload of a remote weapon system - and add an element of danger - as you couldn't replace the ammo box from inside the vehicle in real life.

Hello Fellas. 

Just a small suggestion if i may. after flying around your merlins for a while now in Advanced Flight Model i was wondering if it would be possible to incorporate KIMIS HUD for helicopters into the merlin. reason for this is in AFM you have a series of dials and gauges as you know, so having kimis hud enables you to disable these gauges and gives you more of a realistic look without having the gauges spoiling the view as you pan head your head around as all the information required is displayed in kimis hud. just a small suggestion and of course with permissions given to use hud i feel it would make splendid feature for the merlins. 

Just a thought.

keep up the good work 

Fellas thought you might be interested - as you may recall I had a chat with the Swedish armed forces mod around their bv206 - well although they could not release  the source - they have done a bit of a repaint for a plain green a bit more RM colour scheme - be out with next release. I did cheeky ask for a mortar carrying version but they said no 😂unknown.png?width=1317&height=677

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Devs

Just wondering if there is a trick to get NVG's to work with the gun optic sight of the Coyote/Jackal HMG/GMG? Works on Commanders GPMG.

Greetings! Nice addition to the game, thanks!

For the Maxxpro that's in the UK3CB factions addon, how do I place a unit in the front passenger seat (commanders seat?), moveInCommander doesn't seem to work.

The commander is actually a cargo turret, so that it could be given its own get in / out memory points and assigned door,  just without FFV so it may be considered a gunner for a moveIn command.

As for the NVGs, they can't currently be used with the ACOG on the top of the main weapons on the Jackal and Coyotes, just like they can't be used with an ACOG or other non-nightvision optics on the top of a rifle. The commander's gpmg is different as it uses iron sights.

1 hour ago, evrik said:

The commander is actually a cargo turret, so that it could be given its own get in / out memory points and assigned door,  just without FFV so it may be considered a gunner for a moveIn command.

As for the NVGs, they can't currently be used with the ACOG on the top of the main weapons on the Jackal and Coyotes, just like they can't be used with an ACOG or other non-nightvision optics on the top of a rifle. The commander's gpmg is different as it uses iron sights.

I mean it really is just a case of looking through your scope with your helmet mounted NVG's, which is more than possible IRL, it makes no sense for the scopes to have it disabled as it is possible and doable.

here is example with looking through an ACOG with NVG's (old gen)
PICT0713.jpg

It is likely something could be done, but it isn't the standard practice in the game. If you are using a non-night vision scope that has a magnification (i.e. not a red dot), you usually can't use your NVGs with it.

8 hours ago, evrik said:

That's a shame. We'll just have to stop using them at night, or until the ACOG becomes NVG compatible.

Hey , how is going on with a Scimitar tank ? I'm not push you to do anything I just want to ask because you already post some pictures in 2017 of them … and it has been a long time ago... Can I get just one info if you still working on that tanks or not. 

Sadly it is not currently being worked on due to a lack of free time and know how regarding the update to tank armour etc... in the Tank DLC.

• Sad 5

I agree, it's sad. If there are any experienced tank modders out there who would be interested in helping us getting it out of the door, feel free to come and talk to us. Can't make any promises, but we could have a chat about it at least.

On 6/12/2019 at 10:56 PM, evrik said:

Sadly it is not currently being worked on due to a lack of free time and know how regarding the update to tank armour etc... in the Tank DLC.

What a problem with armor system? In my opinion DLC Tanks are not changed him much...🤔