Chinook and Hercules are optionals because they require the RHS mod which not everyone will be running.

If you run the optional UK3CB_BAF_Units_RHS (from our Units pack) , you also need to run the optional vehicles from this pack.

This has been made simple for you by the inclusion of additional optional Steam Workshop files, which means that no one has to copy files at all.

k178NyZ.jpg

• Like 3

Chinook and Hercules are optionals because they require the RHS mod which not everyone will be running.

If you run the optional UK3CB_BAF_Units_RHS (from our Units pack) , you also need to run the optional vehicles from this pack.

This has been made simple for you by the inclusion of additional optional Steam Workshop files, which means that no one has to copy files at all.

Thanks for the clarification and thanks for the update.

Cheers.

When the Scimitar gets released will it have SLAT Armor to improve survivability? And if it proves popular is it possible we might see other CVR(T) variants in the future? :grinning:

21 minutes ago, Hamakaze said:

When the Scimitar gets released will it have SLAT Armor to improve survivability? And if it proves popular is it possible we might see other CVR(T) variants in the future? :grinning:

Probably both with SLAT and without. The models are done.

Other variants are possible, perhaps even likely, given their commonality, but at this stage there are no firm plans - one at a time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2018-09-19 at 9:45 PM, UK_Apollo said:

Probably both with SLAT and without. The models are done.

Other variants are possible, perhaps even likely, given their commonality, but at this stage there are no firm plans - one at a time.

Lovely!

• Like 1

Not to tease too much but it is working well. Plus you are able to reload but you have to turn out as the commander/ gunner to do so. Adds a nice risk element to a very powerful vic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, andy1 said:

Not to tease too much but it is working well. Plus you are able to reload but you have to turn out as the commander/ gunner to do so. Adds a nice risk element to a very powerful vic.

Wrong vehicle Andy. You're referring to the Panther CLV, Hamakaze mentioned the Panama ROV. Perhaps making two vehicles with similar names in the same release was a mistake.  ;-)

Hahah woops my mistake for reading forums when traveling to work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, i was waiting for this vehicle since you got the models from Katie Byrne. Very nice work!

• Like 1

I'm please to announce that version 8 of our BAF vehicles is now available

2RfO7qB.jpg

u2ZSCec.jpg

VERSION 8:
Apache

• Fixed: @TFAR variable names

Bulldog

• Added: @ACRE intercom that works for rear seat FFV positions
  • Added: sound occlusion for turned-in FFV positions
  • Added: IR and Visible sensors & target tracking for the gunners Surveillance Target Acquisition and Weapon Sight on the RCWS
  • Added: reload of Bulldog RWS only when gunner is turned out
  • Updated: GPMG weapon display information

Coyote/Jackal

• Added: @ACRE support, including intercom
  • Added: @TFAR intercom and updated @TFAR variable names
  • Fixed: missing camera shake on firing
  • Fixed: file name paths for open/close door sounds
  • Fixed: missing muzzle flash animation sources
  • Fixed: weapon skeleton bone errors

Land Rover

• Added: Panama ROV
  • Added: @ACRE support, including intercom
  • Added: @TFAR intercom and updated @TFAR variable names
  • Updated: WMIK GPMG weapon display info
  • Fixed: WMIK rpt warning on missing Geometry LOD

Merlin

• Updated: @TFAR variable names
  • Fixed rpt warning on missing Geometry LOD

Panther CLV

• Added: Panther CLV

Offshore Raiding Craft

• Added: camera shake to gunner 1st person view when vehicle weapon is fired
  • Updated: GPMG & HMG weapon display information
  • Updated: @TFAR variable names
  • Fixed: green and red navigation light positions
  • Fixed: removed blink from white navigation light
  • Fixed: AI gunner not firing at enemy infantry

Wildcat

• Updated:  MFD camera views (visible and FLIR) can now be switched on independently by both pilot and copilot
  • Updated: cockpit glass to enhance surface reflections and show bullet holes better

Vehicle Weapons

• Updated: GPMG & HMG’s changed to manual zeroing
  • Fixed: ACOG sight rvmat error

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Absolutely. Love the quality and features of 3CB mods. Cant wait to use the latest version

After the addition of the new hard top Land Rovers and in particular the Snatch Land Rover(NI), it's possible to now actually create more immersive missions set during The Troubles conflict in N I. The new 'Jaslo' terrain makes for great urban missions.
Just a suggestion,  if it were possible to consider a variant of the existing police Land Rover in unmarked plain 'battleship grey' skins, this would have been the vehicle the police used during the conflict, along with the Snatch (NI) these would have been the two most common vehicles used. I think it would make an excellent addition to the mod. 

Can you provide some example photos so if we look at implementing one our texture artist has something to go off.  Thanks.

Thanks for the reply and possibly considering this. Although the first two pictures are an earlier Land Rover series, the body is still basically the same as the later Defender 110 models which came in during the early 80s I believe. The battleship/medium grey color seems to be the standard color for the RUC police Land Rovers all during the conflict.

Land Rover RUCLand Rover RUC rearRUC Land Rover HostpurRUC Land Rover Hostpur

I'd need an actual photo of the correct vehicle please. I don't really want to reference the wrong version or a model when texturing.

Aside from that, it should be possible.

The picture evrik has uploaded seems to be the best actual picture reference to the Defender 110 model I could find too, with the text on the sides just visible. The picture below doesn't have any text on the sides and it's not clear which model it is. Do you think evrik's picture is adequate to reference from? or should I try to continue searching? It would be awesome if it were possible to do this.

ruc-patrol-belfast-b2fmkw.jpg

Just now, Whirlybirds said:

The picture below doesn't have any text on the sides and it's not clear which model it is.

Tail light cluster and lack of "eyebrows" on the wheel arches says Series III 109 to me.

Think it's a Hotspur without most of the additional steel armour (because the roof is curved instead of angled)

Some of the Series III Hotspurs look like Defenders (110) because they had a louvred front grille late on. However, the only armoured RUC Land Rovers built from Defenders were the Tangi version shown in evrik's pic (which again, doesn't have all the armour on it) and the Tenba (which was a 110 version of the Simba).

Modern PSNI have used Tangi, Pangolin and ex-Army Snatch/CAV

• Like 1

If Evrik's photo is representative of what you'd like, that will be fine as a reference image.

Thanks da12thMonkey, you're a gold mine of info as always, appreciated.