I'm pretty sure I read that you could add custom boxes to the Logistics Point but thus far I have been unable to work it out. I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

@NethrosDefectus It depends what you mean by custom: any crate that you can place in the editor or via Zeus (ie, a crate that's a defined class), you can add that to the loadout and spawn list by adding its classname in the options menu (as a comma-separated list if you're including multiple crates). If you mean crates that are filled with custom loadouts specified by scripting at runtime, then no that's not supported.

Having a problem with the helicopters, when I place them in the editor I can't move the camera around. Have to close and re open the editor to fix. I'm sure it's a mod conflict issue but having removed the majority of mods except for CUP, RHS and ACE, it still persists. Does anyone know what mod causes this issue?

Also, seeing as you have the SLR and alice gear, I was wondering if there was any intention to add more older vehicles and equipment?  Love to patrol the streets of cherno in a humber pig. :)

• Like 1

I've also seen the camera lock up in Eden, but it hasn't seemed to be related to any particular modset, and there were no helicopters involved. I assumed it was an odd game engine bug.

I was able to resolve it without closing the editor by right clicking on a vehicle and choosing 'Edit Vehicle Appearance', whereby the camera was reactivated.

We've got a ton of vehicles on our to-do list, but priority tends to rest with current or recent serving models, although personally I agree and enjoy the older vintage from when I was a youngster.

• Like 2

Edit vehicle appearance fixed it, cheers mate. Can't wait to see the new vehicles, thanks for the work you guys put in.

Hi guys, 

Love the mod and the assets, but I'd like to create some new textures for you such as a Royal Navy grey Merlin and Wildcat that can be used in the official mod as well as my communities. Would you guys be able to point me in the right direction on how I can acquire the textures for your assets please? Of course, if you do not wish to share that data, that is fine, but I just thought it's worth asking.

Cheers

There are already RN grey Merlin's (HC4 and HM2) and RN grey Wildcats (HMA2) in the pack.

However, if you'd like to re-texture them for your community use, you're able to do so using hiddenSelectionTextures.

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"camo1", "camo2", "camo3"}

This can either be applied at run time using setObjectTexture or via a config overwrite pbo.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectTexture

One thing I've always wondered about this mod, what's the purpose of folding up the gunner stand in the WMIK's? It removes the ability to get in the gunner seat obviously, but I don't see a reason to ever do it.

It's just cosmetic for those that really enjoy immersion and allows for a different look in screenshots.

On 09/11/2017 at 12:32 PM, UK_Apollo said:

There are already RN grey Merlin's (HC4 and HM2) and RN grey Wildcats (HMA2) in the pack.

However, if you'd like to re-texture them for your community use, you're able to do so using hiddenSelectionTextures.

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"camo1", "camo2", "camo3"}

This can either be applied at run time using setObjectTexture or via a config overwrite pbo.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectTexture

UK_Appollo, thank you very much but is it possible to access said textures so it can be edited as a template? It's kind of difficult to make then from scratch and I was hoping there was a template or example of some sort? 

Still loving this mod! I was wondering how can I change the union jack flag on the landrover that cna be raised/lowered again? :P

From the Eden Editor, add this line to the INIT of the vehicle:
this forceFlagTexture "\a3\data_f\flags\flag_nato_co.paa";

or when in game, while in the vehicle as a player, open the debug console and execute:
vehicle player forceFlagTexture "\a3\data_f\flags\flag_nato_co.paa";

to change to a NATO flag, or replace the path and file name with a texture of your own.
If the "flag raise" user action is selected, it will reset to the British Union Jack.

• Like 1

Like the guys are  saying...

and i will look like this with a custoim flag

107410_20171018124756_1.png

• Like 4

Nice. Looks like a few stolen vehicles there. GTA Arma 3. :grinning:

• Like 1

Is it possible to run code on containers spawned through the logistics menu as containers on the ground or loaded into ACE cargo, through a patch or natively? I want to run some code to disable the ACE carry weight limit on containers.

On 12/6/2017 at 9:15 AM, SnakeDocc said:

Is it possible to run code on containers spawned through the logistics menu as containers on the ground or loaded into ACE cargo, through a patch or natively? I want to run some code to disable the ACE carry weight limit on containers.

Hi Snake, I'm not quite sure what you are asking/want to achieve? If you want to alter the weight that is carryable for an ACE container you set ACE_maxWeightDrag and ACE_maxWeightCarry, rather than altering the crate itself.

Yea they're the functions I'm using, but at least to my knowledge, the only way to change the value was to use eg "this ACE_maxWeightDrag 2000;" (< I think that's the right syntax of the top of my head) in the init field of the object in the editor.

I was going to do it a similar way to how I disable thermals on vehicles spawned with a spawner ingame, by running an .sqf  with "_veh disableTIEquipment true;" on the vehicle when the vehicle is spawned. But if theirs a better way id like to know.

7 hours ago, SnakeDocc said:

Yea they're the functions I'm using, but at least to my knowledge, the only way to change the value was to use eg "this ACE_maxWeightDrag 2000;" (< I think that's the right syntax of the top of my head) in the init field of the object in the editor.

I was going to do it a similar way to how I disable thermals on vehicles spawned with a spawner ingame, by running an .sqf  with "_veh disableTIEquipment true;" on the vehicle when the vehicle is spawned. But if theirs a better way id like to know.

I'm not honestly sure, not having used them myself - but given their naming structure and lacking any further documentation, I'd assumed that they were missionNamespace variables rather than functions. I'm busy tonight and tomorrow, but I'd suggest you check that out.

With regards to giving you some kind of hook to execute code on the crate against, there isn't currently functionality for that built in to the system - but it's an interesting idea, if I can figure out a sane way to do it. It certainly won't appear soon as I'm rather busy currently though, sorry!

• Like 1

Hey.. First of all, thanks for a great mod. I would like to see you fixing the bug with all your helicopters. The bug is very simple, when in the scope / optics on the co-pilot / gunner you don't get the chance to lock your aim to a view. It appers that the "stabilize turret" setting is not set to your helicopters. I would like to see this added since the Wildcat and the Apache is able to lock there aim at a position. I hope to see this fixed in the future.

I believe the Apache and Wildcat cameras did both have the ability to lock your aim to a view, but just not at the initial zoom level. However, since the Jets DLC it is possible that there may now be an issue. We'll investigate. Thanks.

First of all, great mod. We love using these vehicles in our ops.

Now I do have two questions:

1) Will you guys consider adding the Stingers on the Apache's wingtips? They are capable of mounting them and it adds a nice anti-air option to the aircraft.

2) With the Apache we suffered a gun overheat during our last op. Makes sense, but does it go away over time or is there a procedure/system to clear the overheat?

Cheers guys, and once again great job with the mod.