How do you mean doesn't have ammunition? Do you mean that there aren't any belts in the inventory? Or that there aren't any loaded? Have you checked that you've disabled the safety on the vehicle (F by default, your switch weapon keybind)?

4 minutes ago, Nick Seafort said:

How do you mean doesn't have ammunition? Do you mean that there aren't any belts in the inventory? Or that there aren't any loaded? Have you checked that you've disabled the safety on the vehicle (F by default, your switch weapon keybind)?

My bad I didn't check the safety of the weapons first. -.- Thanks for the quick response! 

• Like 1

Possible bug? The BAF logistics items works just fine... but trying to add the module to another item does nothing, both in zeus and editor. Im not sure if I am doing something wrong but yeah, I cant attach the module into anything :F

I just tested it and it works fine? I placed the barrel crates from the Prop > Supplies group, placed the Vehicle Logistics Module, and then right click > Sync To the module to the barrels.

o.O I did it and I couldnt get it working. So does that mean some other mod is causing a conflict?

EDIT. I cant understand how a mod can cause a conflict in editor and not allowing module to sync

6 hours ago, Dostojetski said:

o.O I did it and I couldnt get it working. So does that mean some other mod is causing a conflict?

EDIT. I cant understand how a mod can cause a conflict in editor and not allowing module to sync

Well, there is an easy way for you to find out.

Only run: @cba_a3 and @3cb_baf_vehicles

Then try the method Nick gave you and see if it works. 

If it doesn't work, paste your rpt file on hastebin.com for us to look at.

• Like 1

I've had a bit of a frustrating morning sitting with my number 2 trying to engage enemy vehicles with the Apache.  We got the guns to work but cant get any of the Hellfires to hit a 'locked' target.

What are we doing wrong?

Running in a Virtual Environment with a single Apache and a load of empty CSAT vehicles as targets.

The gunner can lock the target but the missiles just fly straight.  Not that we seem to get the lock tone I was expecting.

Is it possible to 'lase' a target and launch a laser guided missile?  S

1 hour ago, strider42 said:

I've had a bit of a frustrating morning sitting with my number 2 trying to engage enemy vehicles with the Apache.  We got the guns to work but cant get any of the Hellfires to hit a 'locked' target.

What are we doing wrong?

Running in a Virtual Environment with a single Apache and a load of empty CSAT vehicles as targets.

The gunner can lock the target but the missiles just fly straight.  Not that we seem to get the lock tone I was expecting.

Is it possible to 'lase' a target and launch a laser guided missile?  S

Are you using ACE or not? This changes how the weaponry functions, as we're making use of the ACE Hellfire module when available. Also, which Hellfire variants were you using?

The quick response as I boot my PC up is AGM-114K and L (My recolection from my Apache/Havok days is the K's were laser guided and the L's were thermal guided), and intimately I'd like to use them with ACE but could not get them to work with or without ace.  S

Edit: Update.  With some more time for research I see there is a similar question that was asked earlier, though that never seemed to reach a resolution https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/174743-3cb-baf-vehicles/?do=findComment&comment=2970780

I have also found information on the ACE Hellfire: https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/missileguidance.html

I did manage to get a Blackfoot from the vanilla game to lock targets and hit them, without ACE.  Back off for more testing.  S

Edited by strider42

Excuse the potato video, but here we go. As noted, the one point I meant to include but forgot, with the ACE Hellfires that use laser guidance, you can now do LOAL (lock-on after launch). As long as the laser sparkle indicator is red, then the missile will track to it after launch, even if it isn't locked on.

And your edit link is from a comment on the previous pack version. If you're having difficulty getting our mods working but vanilla works, then try again with just our mods, CBA, and optionally ACE enabled.

EDIT: also, your ACE link is for the wrong feature, this is the feature you want: https://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/hellfire.html

• Like 1

Thanks for the video Nick.  I managed to go back and get the laser guided missiles to work. still don't know what I was doing wrong, but still seem to be struggling with the 114Ns. I'll have another look at the video after a nights rest and another go and see where that gets me.  Thanks again  S

Heyoo... Got the logistics module working, sort of.

I placed it, synced it with an object, started game. Only vehicles work with it.. I cant interact in infantry.

4 hours ago, Dostojetski said:

Heyoo... Got the logistics module working, sort of.

I placed it, synced it with an object, started game. Only vehicles work with it.. I cant interact in infantry.

Confirmed bug, I failed to notice the logical gap in implementation - the new infantry access was written with the assumption that it's from the Logistics Point, and I failed to specifically add the action to the prop synced to the Module o\

I'll sort that out, good spot!

Happy to help, if only moaning about problems :D

The custom crate addition to the logistics module is beautiful!!

• Like 1

Hello, I wanted to stop by and let you know that we love this mod, although we only very recently discovered it!

We'll be adding this to our Exile server and we're investigating if we can utilize the Servicing functionality for changing pylon settings and rearming of your mod with Exile's money and respect system - so a player has to spend money / needs to have a certain respect lvl etc in order to rearm/repair their vehicle.

Do you happen to know if this has been done by someone before (couldn't find any related info on the exile forums or google) or if anyone could point us to the right direction in extending this functionality for our server?

thank you in advance,

qp

Hi @bofhgr,

While you can control who has access to the menu at all by altering the condition of the action appearing in the menu, there's no support current or planned for limiting functionality within players who have access to the menu - that's both outside of the scope of intended use, and also a substantial amount of work.

So you could take the current condition that the action is based on, and then wrap that condition in a condition of your own that is based upon the various currencies you need to consider. The route to follow for that might be to have the player pay for permanent access to the menu on a per-vehicle basis?

I should also mention that, while I'm not currently certain of the state of my work within the general licence of the mod, I wouldn't be comfortable with its use being in any way monetised on your server - if these are purely in-game currencies with no ability to acquire them through means like donating or purchasing packs etc, then I would provisionally be fine with it being used unmodified (beyond the access condition to the menu) with proper attribution to the mod team. Drop me a private message if you have direct questions regarding this or decide to go ahead with the project, and I can work out the specifics.

Nick

• Like 1

Not specifically related to the recent question as it may not be applicable, but as a general comment on "pay-to-play", we have a clear policy:

https://3cbmod.wordpress.com/released-mods/license-and-disclaimer/

"...As an addendum to our standard license, we expressly prohibit the use of this software for any “pay-to-play” monetization scheme and/or server.

3CB has always provided mods freely to the open Arma community,  this will not change.  We will not charge or be part of any monetization scheme..."

• Thanks 1

Outstanding mod! I was wondering how do you add something to the white flags on the land rovers?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Nick Seafort said:

Hi @bofhgr,

While you can control who has access to the menu at all by altering the condition of the action appearing in the menu, there's no support current or planned for limiting functionality within players who have access to the menu - that's both outside of the scope of intended use, and also a substantial amount of work.

So you could take the current condition that the action is based on, and then wrap that condition in a condition of your own that is based upon the various currencies you need to consider. The route to follow for that might be to have the player pay for permanent access to the menu on a per-vehicle basis?

I should also mention that, while I'm not currently certain of the state of my work within the general licence of the mod, I wouldn't be comfortable with its use being in any way monetised on your server - if these are purely in-game currencies with no ability to acquire them through means like donating or purchasing packs etc, then I would provisionally be fine with it being used unmodified (beyond the access condition to the menu) with proper attribution to the mod team. Drop me a private message if you have direct questions regarding this or decide to go ahead with the project, and I can work out the specifics.

Nick

1 hour ago, UK_Apollo said:

Not specifically related to the recent question as it may not be applicable, but as a general comment on "pay-to-play", we have a clear policy:

https://3cbmod.wordpress.com/released-mods/license-and-disclaimer/

"...As an addendum to our standard license, we expressly prohibit the use of this software for any “pay-to-play” monetization scheme and/or server.

3CB has always provided mods freely to the open Arma community,  this will not change.  We will not charge or be part of any monetization scheme..."

I want to thank you both for your replies and your feedback on how to utilize this within our server's main mod - Exile. I'll need to step up my dev skills for sure, and it's a welcome challenge to learn how to code better! :D 

Regarding the use of your mod, on our server, I want to ensure you that it is according to license and we are not monetizing in any way our Arma experience, purely for fun! Currently the Servicing stations are placed in strategic locations (safe zones) that all players have access to refit and rearm their vehicles for free instead of using the in-game currency of poptabs :) 

If you would like to see for yourselves, I can send you details about our server on a PM. To learn more about our gaming community you may visit http://www.oldbloodandguts.com

thank you,

qp

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxhoundBC said:

Outstanding mod! I was wondering how do you add something to the white flags on the land rovers?

Thanks!

Glad you're enjoying the mod.  :-)

If you are seeing a white flag (I'm resisting the obvious joke here), it's probably because you are running an older version of @cup_terrains_core which contained a bug that broke flag rendering.

They updated in the last few days to v1.4.0 which fixes this issue.

You should see a Union Jack flag:

puRDtaO.png

Ways of changing the flag texture were discussed in this thread mid-September; here is a recap:

From the Eden Editor, add this line to the INIT of the vehicle:
this forceFlagTexture "\a3\data_f\flags\flag_nato_co.paa";

or when in game, while in the vehicle as a player, open the debug console and execute:
vehicle player forceFlagTexture "\a3\data_f\flags\flag_nato_co.paa";

to change to a NATO flag, or replace the path and file name with a texture of your own.
If the "flag raise" user action is selected, it will reset to the British Union Jack.

• Like 6

Is any model or config change required for flags to work like that? I remember something was mentioned when LOW released but didnt look into it.

1 hour ago, Chairborne said:

Is any model or config change required for flags to work like that? I remember something was mentioned when LOW released but didnt look into it.

No, it's really simple to set-up.

Just put the flag proxy, such as "\a3\data_f\proxies\Flags\FLAG_auto" in the model and set it using forceFlagTexture.

We have it on a userAction for a player in the vehicle so they can raise and lower the flag as required during the mission.

You can check the state with:

condition = "(getForcedFlagTexture this == """")"

• Like 1

Importantly though, the flag proxy must be included in the last resolution LOD. As the game determines the flag's proxyshape from the last LOD for some reason.

• Like 1

Hi guys!

What i need to write in trigger to turn on blue light on Land Rovers?

P.S. Sorry, I found already! 

this animateSource ['Beacons', 1]

That's right Realthinged.

Also note that the blue lights work even better at night when the driver also switches on the main lights. Not only will they be blue and flash, but they will illuminate nearby objects too.

• Like 1