8 minutes ago, UK_Apollo said:

It was a design choice to have them hold 4 in the back, not a bug.

We are representing a rather wide range from GS to FFR, all with different seating capacities and we decided that it worked best in game play with two LR's per Section (one per fire team).

Makes sense to me, 2 per section works fine in missions etc so no drama's. Cheers for the answer!

33 minutes ago, UK_Apollo said:

It was a design choice to have them hold 4 in the back, not a bug.

We are representing a rather wide range from GS to FFR, all with different seating capacities and we decided that it worked best in game play with two LR's per Section (one per fire team).

Well You are the boss here but IMHO it would be better to have the capacity of 8 men and just not use it (if You prefer not to) instead of blocking it for everyone.
Thanks for clearing this out tho, cheers.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Just a quick question regarding the Apache, is the aforementioned folding rotors also going to make an appearance on the Apache and is there a feasibility of a WDU-500X/B General Purpose Flechette CRV-7? (Firewill has achieved something similar Here) This is more so myself wondering if these are on the backlog more than anything.

I've only done the Merlin with the folding rotors so far. You're right, Apache should have them too, but I can't honestly say it'll get onto the priority list, there are sooo many other things to work on! I needed to do the Merlin because the HM2 is quite a different air frame to the HC3/4.

I'll leave someone else in the team to answer the CRV-7 question.

• Like 1

@Lugi I'll add flechettes to the backlog, but it's currently not a priority for us

hi I tested 'advance fierce combat' mission Russia vs baf and 10minit Russia delete all baf army...where are heavy vehicles?

I'm not sure I understand the question?  There are no heavy vehicles in the 3CB mod packs.  Only lightly armoured Jackals, etc.

47 minutes ago, jackco said:

hi I tested 'advance fierce combat' mission Russia vs baf and 10minit Russia delete all baf army...where are heavy vehicles?

Well the name of this mod if You havn t noticed 3 CB BAF means 3 Commando Brigade (Royal Marines) which essentially means light infantry, so if you take that setup and pit it against Russian Federation Combined Arms Battalion Tactical Group for example, You re asking for trouble yourself.

Unless You re using proper tactics, defence in depth, mine warfare, MILAN AT assets, and lots of air support from Apache helos.

Regards. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jackco said:

3 Commando Brigade are an Amphibious Light Infantry Brigade... Putting them against armor/mech forces isnt going to end well unless you use Ambush tactics, urban terrain and take advantage of the versatile nature of the Apache and other NATO air assets.

I'm pretty sure the 3CB devs add content to meet their community's needs first so i wouldn't expect any heavy equipment any time soon...

3 hours ago, jackco said:

If you need heavy armour look at CUP to find the Challenger 2 and Warrior. Anyway lets return to the topic in hand. 

You shouldn't really be asking that, as it is against forums rules. We don't currently have a release date set, as it tends to be counter-productive. However, I can tell you that we have started on the first round of testing. There are usually two or three before release. From that, I can tell you that the Apache is functional again.

• Like 8

I'm very pleased to announce the next release of our  3CB_BAF_Vehicles, along with updates to 3CB_BAF_Weapons, 3CB_BAF_Equipment and 3CB_BAF Units.

This release includes the Naval Merlin HM2 and HC4, Jet's DLC integration, extended vehicle logistics and a huge list of small tweaks and bug fixes across all our vehicles.

A download link and change log is available on the front page 

• Like 9

Is it possible to change the texture of the new flag on the vehicles? If so, how?

17 minutes ago, kerozen said:

Is it possible to change the texture of the new flag on the vehicles? If so, how?

From the Eden Editor, add this line to the INIT of the vehicle:

this forceFlagTexture "\a3\data_f\flags\flag_nato_co.paa";

or when in game, while in the vehicle as a player, open the debug console and execute:

vehicle player forceFlagTexture "\a3\data_f\flags\flag_nato_co.paa";

to change to a NATO flag, or replace the path and file name with a texture of your own.

If the "flag raise" user action is selected, it will reset to the British Union Jack.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UK_Apollo said:

From the Eden Editor, add this line to the INIT of the vehicle:

this forceFlagTexture "\a3\data_f\flags\flag_nato_co.paa";

or when in game, while in the vehicle as a player, open the debug console and execute:

vehicle player forceFlagTexture "\a3\data_f\flags\flag_nato_co.paa";

to change to a NATO flag, or replace the path and file name with a texture of your own.

If the "flag raise" user action is selected, it will reset to the British Union Jack.

Awesome, Thanks!.

In the future will it be possible to change the flag displayed with the "flag raise" user action?

Also, "Added @ace3 keybinds for sling/don helmet and drop/pick-up backpack, and to swap to a tertiary weapon (attached to backpack)" how does the tertiary weapon thing works?

53 minutes ago, kerozen said:

In the future will it be possible to change the flag displayed with the "flag raise" user action?

No, very unlikely.

However any modder desperately wanting another nations flag on these British vehicles could easily write a small config over-ride to inherit the vehicle, then change the userAction statement to display by default whatever flag texture they desire.

Also, "Added @ace3 keybinds for sling/don helmet and drop/pick-up backpack, and to swap to a tertiary weapon (attached to backpack)" how does the tertiary weapon thing works?

Wrong thread? This is for 3CB_BAF_Vehicles.

3CB_BAF_Equipment

3CB_BAF_Weapons

3CB_BAF_Units

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UK_Apollo said:

Wrong thread? This is for 3CB_BAF_Vehicles.

3CB_BAF_Equipment

3CB_BAF_Weapons

3CB_BAF_Units

My bad

• Like 1

G'day 3CB Creators,

I was just attempting to use your updated vehicles and I believe I may have found a bug.

With only CBA, 3CB Units, Weapons, Vehicles and Equipment mods loaded, I placed 2 WMIK Landrover's in the scenario. When I got into either vehicle as the commander or gunner, all weapons did not have any ammunition loaded and there was no indication of spare ammunition on the mount. The inventory of the vehicle did show ammunition for both of the vehicle mounted weapons.

I then tried adding a Jackal and a Coyote. The same problem existed with their weapons as well.

Have you noticed this problem? If so, do you have a fix for it?

Press F to change the fire mode. The weapons are on safety when initially placed. When you fire off the ammo belt, press R to draw a fresh one from the vehicle inventory.

• Like 1

Our vehicles like the Jackal and Landrovers make use of a custom ammunition system - simply, you manage ammunition and reloads similarly to how you do as an infantryman. If there are the appropriate ammunition in the vehicle's cargo, then when you empty a weapon you hit R (by default) to reload the weapon using ammunition stored in the inventory.

This lets you manage ammunition between vehicles in a convoy or patrol properly, rather than each vehicle having a magic pool that is unavailable to anything else.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, evrik said:

Press F to change the fire mode. The weapons are on safety when initially placed. When you fire off the ammo belt, press R to draw a fresh one from the vehicle inventory.

Can AI take the safety off and fire without the user having to do anything? Assuming so but since its come up, can't hurt to ask.