Tnx Mate... we was running 4.1.1 the new one is .4.1.2

• Like 1

On 15/07/2017 at 8:47 PM, jordanbache97 said:

That merlin, damn... looks so good. 

If we had a Queen elizabeth-class aircraft carrier it would work so well with it.

Theres 2 guys working on a ported version from arma 2 give it a look up on steam.

Hey,

Currently the Land Rover Ambulances do not get patients loaded into the stretcher positions while using Ace Medicals Load Patient function. The ACE function in question is this https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/common/functions/fnc_loadPerson.sqf#L31 which further on calls upon https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/blob/master/addons/common/functions/fnc_loadPersonLocal.sqf

This function checks for slot types of "cargo" or "gunner" and Arma when checking with the debug console does only register one seat of the "cargo" type in the Ambulances this being the up right sitting position in the back.

My attempts at discovering a fix led me to look at the transportSoldier, cargoProxyIndexes and CargoAction values which is what the temporary fix relies on.

Currently a possible temporary fix is converting the stretcher slots into "Ride in the back" slots which preserves the animations for the stretchers while also allowing Ace Medical to Load Patients into the vehicle.

Hi Dhorkiy, thanks for the feedback and potential solutions. The good news is that the issue has already been resolved - along with others concerning the Landrovers - and will be fixed in the next update.

• Like 3

Hey guys!

Given that there is no arsenal for vehicles(something that allows you to save item loadouts inside vehicles not to mention the awesome ACE cargo) the BAF logistics seems to be doing that job very nicely but only for BAF stuff. It could become something of a game changer if there was an option to add custom boxes and item sets into the logistics module. I tried to do this but I assume the PBO is obfuscated because I cannot unpack it :F

In our community(TAW) one of our members(aeroson FTW) created a nifty little mod that allowed our members to make a resupply box and save it in their profile and call it out in our missions, this way our squads can have their own personalized resupply boxes without having to redo them every mission. My goal with the BAF logistics was to try and see if I was smart enough to add our resupply box into the logistics list. I also wanted to see if I could have an option to dump resupply box contents directly into vehicle inventory. If possible, any chance of getting the logistics PBO file in a format that can be unpacked?

Or if you are not comfortable with the idea above, then maybe you can add a userconfig file where we could add item lists and boxes that then show up on the BAF logistics? Ability to save vehicle loadouts(And Im talking something that functions in-game, not in editor) has been something that ARMA has needed ever since Operation Flashpoint.

Stay awesome BAF!

PS. the M6 is my favorite.

PS PS. Also would be nice if there was a version that allowed instant loading without any delay or waiting. We would use instant at the start to get things rolling and then the delayed version during the mission.

Hi Dostojetski,

Handily enough, I've already added functionality to our dev branch that allows the mission creator to specify additional crates. The system works by letting the creator (via the Attribute window in Eden) add a list of crate classnames that will be added to the list of offered loadouts - both as loose inventory added directly to a vehicle, and as crates if ACE is enabled and the crated loadouts option is enabled. So while you couldn't add crates which are dynamically specified and filled during a mission (which is what I presume your member has done?), if those crates were specified in a mini-mod that you wrote then those crates could be used through the Logistics system :)

While the system could potentially be extended to allow the addition of dynamically-defined crates and loadouts, I have no intention to do that currently. It would require an action-heavy process to be added to the functionality, and I had looked at it early during the dev process and discarded it as inelegant, needlessly heavy, and suffering from a few other awkwardnesses (such as crate naming in the ACE cargo window). Sorry!

The current version allows you to reduce the "operation time" (the time to load 1000 units of cargo, clear 2000 units of cargo, or add a single item to ACE cargo) to 1 second. This restriction had been in place to avoid expected UI disruption, but some quick testing has let me discard that - your desired truly instantaneous loading is now possible :) There's a technical restriction in the way the system is built currently that prevents altering the timing of a particular logistics point during a mission, but you could place your instant Logistics Point prior to the mission, and then when the initial loading phase was complete either have Zeus or a script to remove the instant Logistics Point and replace it with one that has a non-zero duration.

The concept of user-savable vehicle loadouts is an intriguing one, but probably not a direction I want to go. I'll add it to the list of things to have a look at, but unless it turns out to be a pretty easy and neat solution / I get mobbed by people demanding it, it's unlikely to happen.

Let me know if you have further questions/suggestions!

• Like 2

Thats awesome Nick!

User defined boxes is the right way. I didnt mean that it speficially allows the resupply boxes we have. But yeah, they are created on demand. Zeus or Admin allows the spawning of the boxes and then one member from each squad calls the box and then its disabled, we do this at the start of a mission.

Im not skilled enough in scripting to understand but I believe the box has a classname but instead of being a mod itself, the item is saved in profile. Reason for that is that it allowed members to make changes to the box whenever they want without us having to do mod updates.

EDIT. Oh wait, scratch above. yeah its a standard supply box which is emptied and then filled with sutff so its on demand.

It sounds likely that you've got some custom crate(s) that are defined, and then they're loaded dynamically after being spawned. If that's correct, then unfortunately they wouldn't be compatible with the system that I've implemented.

If you have your member get in contact with me, we can either discuss it further via PM or Teamspeak. I'll be happy to help them work out if there's a solution for your lot, or possible future enhancements that could work for you.

hey guys is there any chance of getting green Army versions of the Wildcats. Would love to have them :eyeheart:

On another note i can appreciate what im about to ask for to be way down on your list of shiz to do but with regards to the Apache, is there a chance of only have the cannon move when it is selected, so that it isnt on the move when other weapons or none at all are selected??

1 hour ago, HillGamez said:

hey guys is there any chance of getting green Army versions of the Wildcats. Would love to have them :eyeheart:

<snip>

But there are already Army Wildcats

472T9pw.jpg

Or do you mean something different?

Which won't happen because there are no green Wildcats in HM Forces.  There are rumors that at a procurement meeting for the wildcat the Navy turned up and the Army didn't so the Navy got their way as to the colouring.  However I think it is more down to the camouflaging effect and the two tone grey effect actually being very effective.  We as a group aim to make our mods and models reflect real life as closely as possible, albeit game play does come into consideration but this is one of those areas where there is no example of a green wildcat so it won't come into fruition.

Hmm. There are none in real life as far as our research has shown. The mod chaps try to stay as close to reality as we can within our little BAF/ARMA universe. So it's not likely you'll see a green one until someone can find us a pic of one actually In Flight

• Like 1

(Excluding the first flyable Wildcat, ZZ400. Because I know someone will trot out a picture otherwise :P )

so what about these?? and maybe if i add pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :smileee: and yes i now its ZZ400

183786.jpg8-aw159.jpg240572.jpg

1 minute ago, HillGamez said:

so what about these?? and maybe if i add pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :smileee:

183786.jpg8-aw159.jpg240572.jpg

All of them are the  ZZ400, sorry bud ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, HillGamez said:

so what about these?? and maybe if i add pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :smileee: and yes i now its ZZ400

i now but i can try ahaha

We did look at those prototypes when we were making them, then discovered that the green army paint scheme wasn't actually put into practice - because allegedly the Army representatives didn't show up for the meeting, so the Navy got the go ahead for their scheme. You can use the green skin from Arma 2 - it will fit the model. Just use hidden texture selections to reskin it. If any of them are ever repainted as it is possible they could be transferred back and forth - like the Merlins - we'd probably look at adding it. However, at the moment, vehicle pack priority is to get everything working again first! :D

• Like 5

Great job gents. Any chance to see transport Defenders carry 8 instead of leaving 2 seats open in the back? 

I am not clear on what you mean by open seats in the back? A standard Land Rover should carry two in the front and six in the back, for a total of 8. Which model are you referring to?

I thought it might be a bug. All troop transport variants (SoftTops, HardTops and Snatch) both FFR and standard carry only 2+4 for some reason. First seat directly behind driver and second seat on the opposite side can't be used and are left unoccupied. I am running lots of mods though, will test it clean in a few minutes and edit post with results

EDIT:
This time only running CBA and 3CB mods and it ist still present. Pic in spoiler. 

Spoiler

qo0oMht.jpg

Edited by realcombatpl
Update
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, realcombatpl said:

I thought it might be a bug. All troop transport variants (SoftTops, HardTops and Snatch) both FFR and standard carry only 2+4 for some reason. First seat directly behind driver and second seat on the opposite side can't be used and are left unoccupied. I am running lots of mods though, will test it clean in a few minutes and edit post with results

EDIT:
This time only running CBA and 3CB mods and it ist still present. Pic in spoiler. 

Reveal hidden contents

qo0oMht.jpg

Can attest to this, thought it was by design though so didn't question it

• Like 1

It was a design choice to have them hold 4 in the back, not a bug.

We are representing a rather wide range from GS to FFR, all with different seating capacities and we decided that it worked best in game play with two LR's per Section (one per fire team).

• Like 2