1 hour ago, charlie1210 said:

On the topic of the FV107, if/when the Scimitar Mk. 2 comes out, and since it's more or less a scimitar turret plopped onto a Spartan APC, would there be the possibility for the Spartan APC by itself?

Probably, as mentioned in the announcement. We have many plans, not all may see fruition, as the modding pixies are limited in number. We'll do our best.  :-)

• Like 6

2 hours ago, UK_Apollo said:

Probably, as mentioned in the announcement. We have many plans, not all may see fruition, as the modding pixies are limited in number. We'll do our best.  :-)

Apologies, it seems in my excitement I missed the last bit of that announcement regarding the CVR(T) family.. :down: But sounds good! Thanks for the clarification and keep up the great work!!

• Like 2

quick question...might be a bit dumb. I'm having trouble getting the AI to shoot from the top hatch of the snatch, am i being dumb or is there a work around for it?

18 minutes ago, ActionIdiot said:

quick question...might be a bit dumb. I'm having trouble getting the AI to shoot from the top hatch of the snatch, am i being dumb or is there a work around for it?

It's a good question and I don't know the answer to be honest.

How do you even get AI to turn-out? Knowing their propensity to hide when under contact, I imagine they just stay seated inside shaking their heads "3. no way".

Assuming we could find a way to make them turn-out, do AI in FFV turrets actually engage with their personal weapons? Never checked myself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UK_Apollo said:

It's a good question and I don't know the answer to be honest.

How do you even get AI to turn-out? Knowing their propensity to hide when under contact, I imagine they just stay seated inside shaking their heads "3. no way".

Assuming we could find a way to make them turn-out, do AI in FFV turrets actually engage with their personal weapons? Never checked myself.

I've managed to get them to turn out on other vehicles by setting their state to safe but once under contact they duck (albeit sensibly), but on the snatch they don't turn out even when safe. I think RHS has on one of their Russian vehicles a top gunner and the position is set almost like a turret but you use your own weapons. but at least if you don't know the answer i can feel somewhat happy in that i'm not being thick hehehehe. I'll have a mess around with it and see if i can get them to do something and if i have any results i'll be sure to feed it back.

• Like 1

Using the action script command makes the top-cover on a Snatch turn in/out just the same as any vanilla vehicle, so that should work fine to get the initial state how you fancy.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nick Seafort said:

Using the action script command makes the top-cover on a Snatch turn in/out just the same as any vanilla vehicle, so that should work fine to get the initial state how you fancy.

aha! mr Seafort thank you, this points me in the correct direction.

We're updating our aircraft to work with the new sensor systems from the Jets DLC.

I'm looking for some information about the Merlin HM2 please (the ASW variant with the large under-fuselage radome):

Does it have a surveillance camera?

Or FLIR capability?

Or Laser Range Finder?

Photo's show that the under-nose FLIR turret from the Merlin HC3/HC4 is missing on the HM2, so it's possible that it only has the active radar and passive RWR?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, UK_Apollo said:

Or FLIR capability?

Or Laser Range Finder?

It's not standard, but they can be fitted with a Wescam MX-15 EOTS turret on the starboard side's front weapon rack mount.

They were fitted as a UOR on the HM1 as well, but with a different gantry that attached to both of the weapon rack mounts

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UK_Apollo said:

We're updating our aircraft to work with the new sensor systems from the Jets DLC.

I'm looking for some information about the Merlin HM2 please (the ASW variant with the large under-fuselage radome):

Or FLIR capability?

Or Laser Range Finder?

Photo's show that the under-nose FLIR turret from the Merlin HC3/HC4 is missing on the HM2, so it's possible that it only has the active radar and passive RWR?

With this would there ever be possible some sort of Naval weapons. Would be great to see some Anti Naval Warfare. I have seen that the pack has the Fleet Air Arm variants of the Merlin and Wildcat. Would be awesome if we had some; Stingrays, Sea Venoms, and the future Anti Surface Weapons, both light and heavy. Additionally door gunner variants of the Wildcat, and possibly a Merlin ASaC5. Know this is might be me reading into this a bit much. But I started nerding out a little bit.

• Like 1

There isn't a lot of need to spend a considerable amount of time introducing Anti-Naval weaponry. There simply isn't the need for it in Arma 3 due to the lack of major vessels. It's a bit of an overkill to torpedo Rhibs and the time could be better spent elsewhere on a host of other vehicles. However, the door gun is something we are interested in as we do regularly use the Wildcats and Merlins in our operations.

• Like 7

That's fair enough. Was kind of a nagging thought at the back of my head about that. Part of me hopes on BIs side that the Heli, Planes and Tanks DLC may lead to a possible Ships one. But suppose that is far in the future anyway. Doesn't subtract from the fact anyway that the kit you guys produce is great and with the new addition of the Scimitar you have made a CVR(T) Fanboy incredibly happy. - But don't tell the Misses, she may get upset about that statement. :P

Hello Fellas. 

Just reporting an issue i am having with AH-1. it spawns in with no ammo for the cannon. Have tried rearming from the 3cb rearming module but that did not work either. Any advice on this will  be appreciated.

Thank you. 

Yup we already know and it has been fixed, it was an issue created with the 1.70 release of Arma.  The hotfix for this is currently under testing but shouldn't be too far away.

• Like 5

Some new arrivals:

An RN Merlin HM2 patrols the coast on a gloomy day

PBcMefA.jpg

A Merlin HC4 of 845 Naval Air Squadron prepares to unfold for a sortie

NTFULwZ.jpg

Merlin HC4:

- navalised conversions of the ex-RAF green HC3's

- folding rotors and tail, fully animated

- RN camo and markings

- unarmed or armed (with a new GPMG-ARD model)

Merlin HM2: 

- HM2 tail design and aerials, rotors and tail fold

- under fuselage radome gives active radar coverage to the crew

- removed FLIR turret

Photo's show work in progress, final version may differ.

• Like 15

What about a hotfix for Apache while we wait mate :)

The Apache requires more than a hotfix. It isn't just the cannon issue (which was a simple fix as it was just a class name / inheritance issue caused by the Jet DLC update), but instead there are multiple problems with it in terms of Fire Control Systems, camera stabilization, HUD's, sensors etc... It is currently being worked upon, but it is proving slow progress. That's before we even consider adding the new pylon system.

• Like 1

Speaking of the apache when every i set it to move to a waypoint it just flys really high up and does not come down at all is this an issue your are awere of?

1 hour ago, UK_Apollo said:

Snip.

I live on the flight path of RNAS Culdrose, I see the Merlins pretty much everyday. Your HM2 looks spot on, great job!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Phantom Hawk said:

Speaking of the apache when every i set it to move to a waypoint it just flys really high up and does not come down at all is this an issue your are awere of?

Interesting you mention this. I had a very similar problem, and when removing a bunch factors, the best I could discern was that some kind of object can cause problems with a "get out" waypoint. I'd assume probably other waypoints too, but not tested.

Keep in mind, I'm not a dev in any capacity. This was purely an attempt to try and isolate a bug for the purposes of ALiVE.

Best I could tell is, even with no mods loaded aside from the map, some editor objects (not exactly sure which ones), could cause heli waypoints to totally freak out and instead of landing, they'd shoot up the moon! 

I had placed a few map objects near the landing area. And other areas of the map (Takistan FWIW) worked fine too. It was just this one spot. As soon as I deleted the placed objects, including a manually placed helipad, the issue went way. I did not investigate beyond this, but if I had to guess (because my testing purpose was to see if the problem was ALiVE, which it wasn't), I'm guessing it's a conflict with disabling object simulation on some suspect object, but again, that's just a guess and in my testing this is not related to 3CB as far as I can tell. 

EDIT: Long shot here, and I don't mean to presume. Would you be playing one of my missions? I only ask because aside from in my own mission, I've never seen anyone report this issue. 

• Like 1

On 22/06/2017 at 8:24 PM, andy1 said:

Yup we already know and it has been fixed, it was an issue created with the 1.70 release of Arma.  The hotfix for this is currently under testing but shouldn't be too far away.

Just a heads up but you may be able to see what RHS have done with the apcahe since the release of the jets DLC. Looks like they have implemented camera stabilisation and a few other tweaks. It may or may not be able to help you guys out. 

That merlin, damn... looks so good. 

If we had a Queen elizabeth-class aircraft carrier it would work so well with it.

8 hours ago, Mcnab.D said:

Just a heads up but you may be able to see what RHS have done with the apcahe since the release of the jets DLC. Looks like they have implemented camera stabilisation and a few other tweaks. It may or may not be able to help you guys out. 

Where do you se an RHS update?  My version of RHS is way older than the 1,7 update of arma 

7 hours ago, loopdk said:

Where do you se an RHS update?  My version of RHS is way older than the 1,7 update of arma 

As far as I remember they released an update shortly after the "pre" Jets DLC update, which added the cameras to the jets. And after the release of the Jets DLC those cameras worked exactly as they were intended (camera stabilisation etc.)

• Like 1