Chances are, you can use the hidden texture selections on the model to use the existing green texture file from arma 2. Not sure if it will be of the highest quality, but it may go towards what you are looking for.

I'm not at my PC to check exact details, but you can use hiddenSelections in 2 ways:

1) at run time (ie in Eden or from Debug Console), use the script command SetObjectTexture

2) create an overwrite config mod that creates a new class inheriting from the base mod vehicle, replacing the textures and anything else that you want to change (within the limits of not being able to alter the model p3d)

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

guys if I am not mistaken the armed landies should fit in a chinook - ok I know they turn the gun mount upside down ontop... but I tried using them with the cup raf vehicle in vehicle chinook and it won't take 1. I also tried their c130 viv and it won't take one either - should take 2 (2 cup ones do fit in the herc). Any chance you could look into this - specially the herc ?

Cheers

Can you confirm that they fit in our Merlin? Or the vanilla helicopters? They have the bounding box around them that allows for vehicle in vehicle. Obviously we can't modify the CUP vehicles. Have you tried loading vanilla vehicles into the CUP Hercules / Chinook? Do they load okay. If they do, we can look to see why our vehicles aren't loading. If they don't load either, you will need to inform the guys at CUP of the issue.

Hey guys,

So I figured I would ask....

I know we are still a ways off from having the Foxhound, Husky, and Panther fully utilized within 3CB...but is there anyway via script, etc. that those 3 vehicles in their current state could utilize the outstanding logistics and servicing modules with 3CB?

I have several campaigns I've created with 3CB along with Burnes' Brit vehicles and I would love to be able to repair, rearm, etc. as well as load those vehicles with equipment.  I'm not sure if its possible, but I figured I would ask.  

9 hours ago, evrik said:

Can you confirm that they fit in our Merlin? Or the vanilla helicopters? They have the bounding box around them that allows for vehicle in vehicle. Obviously we can't modify the CUP vehicles. Have you tried loading vanilla vehicles into the CUP Hercules / Chinook? Do they load okay. If they do, we can look to see why our vehicles aren't loading. If they don't load either, you will need to inform the guys at CUP of the issue.

As far as I know, the CUP Chinook does not hold vehicles-except for quad bikes i believe. Only CUP birds that can hold anything larger are the CH-53 and also the Osprey.

On 5/3/2017 at 8:22 PM, sentryuk said:

guys if I am not mistaken the armed landies should fit in a chinook - ok I know they turn the gun mount upside down ontop... but I tried using them with the cup raf vehicle in vehicle chinook and it won't take 1. I also tried their c130 viv and it won't take one either - should take 2 (2 cup ones do fit in the herc). Any chance you could look into this - specially the herc ?

Cheers

As Ineptaphid says, and confirmed from my testing, Cup Land Rover M2 do not load into the back of CUP Chinooks. 

You can however load a 3CB Land Rover (Soft Top) into a CUP Chinook, after you have stripped it down. See screenshot:

The CUP C-130 (viv) will directly load 2 x 3CB Land Rovers of Hard Top or Soft Top varieties:

The CUP Hercules will not load a 3CB WMIK because the top mounted weapons cannot be stripped down, and the vehicle with mounted weaponry is too big for the cargo space (per real life?).

The CUP WMIK M2 can be loaded because they do not use the same mounting mechanism for the top weapon which results in their vehicle being at a lower overall height.

Creating a stripped down option of the WMIK isn't something we're likely to prioritise - you can always sling load them under the Merlin or Chinook.

2 hours ago, autigergrad said:

Hey guys,

So I figured I would ask....

I know we are still a ways off from having the Foxhound, Husky, and Panther fully utilized within 3CB...but is there anyway via script, etc. that those 3 vehicles in their current state could utilize the outstanding logistics and servicing modules with 3CB?

I have several campaigns I've created with 3CB along with Burnes' Brit vehicles and I would love to be able to repair, rearm, etc. as well as load those vehicles with equipment.  I'm not sure if its possible, but I figured I would ask.  

Like this?

In a Burnes Foxhound as driver, engine off, parked next to a [BAF] Logistics Point or [BAF] Servicing Point - Ground.

Lol, bit of a tease - it's already in our dev build for the next Vehicles update, but I can't say when that will be released.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, UK_Apollo said:

Like this?

In a Burnes Foxhound as driver, engine off, parked next to a [BAF] Logistics Point or [BAF] Servicing Point - Ground.

Lol, bit of a tease - it's already in our dev build for the next Vehicles update, but I can't say when that will be released.

lhjhbB9.gif?noredirect

• Like 2

Wow, am I ever late for this party!

Tiger, in the meantime you can enable the servicing and logistics for any vehicle manually by adding the relevant code snippets to a vehicle's init. Just be aware that currently there is weirdness surrounding vehicles that use the new Pylons/Dynamic Loadouts system that I'm currently working on.

//Air Servicing
this addAction ["Servicing Menu", {createDialog "UK3CB_Servicing_GUI_Dialog"}, nil, 4, false, true, "", "[vehicle player] call UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Weapons_fnc_can_service_air_vehicle", 10];

//Ground Servicing
this addAction ["Servicing Menu", {createDialog "UK3CB_Servicing_GUI_Dialog"}, nil, 4, false, true, "", "[vehicle player] call UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Weapons_fnc_can_service_ground_vehicle", 10];

//Logistics
this addAction ["Logistics Menu", {createDialog "UK3CB_Logistics_GUI_Dialog"}, nil, 3.99, false, true, "", "[vehicle player] call UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Weapons_fnc_can_load_vehicle", 10];

• Like 1

Here is a teaser for something new coming to the 3CB BAF Vehicle pack. Not the main focus of the next release, just a bonus, following our discussions here last month.

Land Rover WMIK with dual GPMG's, featuring a brand new L7A2. 

More details of the L7A2 (model/texture by our mod team member Eotech) will become available in due course in the 3CB BAF Weapons thread, where it will also be released as a stand-alone infantry weapon.

Screenshots courtesy of Eotech [3CB].

• Like 16

13 hours ago, UK_Apollo said:

Here is a teaser for something new coming to the 3CB BAF Vehicle pack. Not the main focus of the next release, just a bonus, following our discussions here last month.

Land Rover WMIK with dual GPMG's, featuring a brand new L7A2. 

More details of the L7A2 (model/texture by our mod team member Eotech) will become available in due course in the 3CB BAF Weapons thread, where it will also be released as a stand-alone infantry weapon.

Screenshots courtesy of Eotech [3CB].

Looking good lads!

Will fit in perfectly with something I have in the works

This is an Announcement of a new vehicle for the next release of our 3CB BAF Vehicles pack: Scimitar CVR(T).

Our usual policy is not to announce development plans or show Work in Progress too far in advance - this allows us to maximize our time actually modding, and also so that we can cancel or change plans without causing disappointment if we are not happy with quality.

However, in this case, another modder has today shown early WIP on a Scimitar development so we feel it only fair to make known our intentions.

We have no desire to discourage other modders from working on similar projects, so we wish him all the best, but we also don't want the community to think we copied the idea!

We have been working on our scratch-built 3CB model since February this year.

It is in game, driving around, firing it's weaponry, in multiple camo schemes.

Remaining to be completed is it's damage model and low poly LOD's to maximise performance, so it's not far from finished.

The vehicle shown is a Scimitar Mk1 for the initial release. 

Further releases will include bar armour, Mk2 chassis, and other variants in the CVR(T) family.

More screenshots to follow...

• Like 14

Since it's daylight in the screens I'm wondering: under what conditions does the door next to the gun open? IRL that's where the Raven night sight was located.

The gunner's main day/thermal sight is in the SPIRE/ESPIRE periscope (SPIRE was basically a UK-built version of the LAV-25s thermal periscope and ESPIRE uses a much improved Thales Catherine MP imager)

The Raven sight was completely removed on Close Recce versions of Scimitar that were fitted with BGTI, and the space used to fit a cooling reservoir for the BGTI thermal sensor.

But I don't think the same was done when upgrading Formation Recce Scimitars to ESPIRE. IIRC they still had Raven back during the Iraq war, and the doors still have "Keep Clear" warnings even on Scimitar Mk.2. So I assume the I2 sight is still there.

• Like 2

Is the development at all to do with DaveP? Yesterday he also announced that a Scimitar is in the works, and i was wondering if this is all a joint effort or is it two separate addons?

Disregard this, didn't read all of your post, apologies 

Edited by MickandRorty
Asked a question that's already been answered

just scrolling through here to see what stuff has been going on while i was away. Saw the scimitar....got the old wobbly knees. Thank you 3CB BAF for making me feel the giddy excitement like i'm 5 and its the night before Christmas again!

Holy cow, it took me a couple min to realise it was in Arma :eyeheart:

• Like 3

Oh you've just made a CVRT fangirl very happy! :hyper:

• Like 3

On 5/23/2017 at 3:00 PM, Nick Seafort said:

Wow, am I ever late for this party!

Tiger, in the meantime you can enable the servicing and logistics for any vehicle manually by adding the relevant code snippets to a vehicle's init. Just be aware that currently there is weirdness surrounding vehicles that use the new Pylons/Dynamic Loadouts system that I'm currently working on.

//Air Servicing
this addAction ["Servicing Menu", {createDialog "UK3CB_Servicing_GUI_Dialog"}, nil, 4, false, true, "", "[vehicle player] call UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Weapons_fnc_can_service_air_vehicle", 10];

//Ground Servicing
this addAction ["Servicing Menu", {createDialog "UK3CB_Servicing_GUI_Dialog"}, nil, 4, false, true, "", "[vehicle player] call UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Weapons_fnc_can_service_ground_vehicle", 10];

//Logistics
this addAction ["Logistics Menu", {createDialog "UK3CB_Logistics_GUI_Dialog"}, nil, 3.99, false, true, "", "[vehicle player] call UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Weapons_fnc_can_load_vehicle", 10];

The ground servicing throws an error when you use it for non-3cb BAF vehicles. I am assuming because it does not have the text within it for vehicles outside the 3cb family. Other than that, it still works with non-3cb BAF vehicles. 

Welp this is some pretty great news.... can't wait to see the end result!! Love you guys!