Hey guys, really appreciate all the work you put into your mods, more than any other you can tell your stuff is made by people that make missions. All the little bits and pieces that you add like the gear randomization and logistics modules, they're amazing, thankyou.

On the subject of the logistics points though, is there a way to customize the crates available? Or more importantly the gear inside?

I just noticed if I load up an eod/demolitions crate from the logistics point it just contains vanilla gear. Is there a way to edit these so they contain ACE equipment too? Things such as the 3CB/ACE mine detector, a clacker, defusal kit etc?

It would be great we could define custom crate for instance in the init or something.

Also is there a way to add vehicles to the list of those that work with the logistics point? Mostly I just want to add the foxhound etc until such time as you release the updated versions.

Thanks again for all the work and testing you do.

Hi JD, I'm actually just sitting down to see about letting mission makers add non-BAF loadouts currently :) Unfortunately, it's unlikely that it'll let you specify entirely custom loadouts at runtime, but rather rely on loadouts defined either in other mods or in minimods that are created for this purpose. A little background on the way the Logistics process works internally may make the reason why more clear:

During early development, the available loadouts were defined as a specially structured array within the Logistics script. The crates for ACE loading were then created by spawning in a BLUFOR supply crate, emptying it, and loading it with the selected loadout when the Logistics process completed. It was later reversed, so that the available loadouts were defined as a list of crates; the non-crated loadouts get scraped from these crates on init, and the crates can just be loaded directly. This had a couple of benefits: it meant that mission makers or Zeus etc could spawn in the crated loadouts if they desired, it meant that the the crates loaded in with ACE Loading could actually be distinguished (rather than all being "Supply Box [NATO]"), it meant that existing loadouts didn't need to be redefined in the script array, and made the job of swapping out which loadouts were available based on which mods were loaded far more robust.

Hopefully, this will be sufficient for most users as it's easy enough to create a minimod for a crate loadout if there really isn't an existing crate with the required loadout. However, if it really does seem to be a sticking point I'll see whether there's another solution :)

PS, if you have ACE enabled, then the EOD/Demo crate contains ACE gear ;)

Hey Nick, thanks for the reply, that sounds awesome thank you.

However I'm 99% certain I had ACE loaded, and modules on the map, and I still had vanilla gear in the EOD crate.

Is there any difference between using the Logistics object and the module?

Hi JD, I've just triple checked both in the code and ingame, and I'm seeing ACE gear in the EOD crate with both module and composition - it's the vanilla explosives, but with a stash of clackers, defusal tools, spray paints, Vallons etc. I reckon it's probably a case of wobbly memory (happens to us all!), but if you manage to reproduce it then give me a yell and I'll investigate further :)

Thanks Nick I'll check it tonight when I get home from work.
Hopefully it's not a mod clash that caused it, I posted in the equipment thread that with the 1.0 beta of TFAR all the 3CB radio packs go missing from the arsenal. Hopefully there's not something else like that playing up.

Will report back with results 

Thanks again for your help 

Nope I must be doing something wrong. I loaded up the game with JUST the 3CB stuff, CBA, and ACE 

Placed a coyote down and the logistics container (even tried a normal container with the module sync'd) and also the ACE cargo settings module just to be safe.
The EOD box is 100% vanilla :down:

What about the first aid box, should that show FAK's or ACE bandages?
Maybe I'll try re downloading the mods just to be safe

@JD Wang

cba_a3

ace3

3cb_baf_equipment

3cb_baf_weapons

3cb_baf_vehicles

3cb_baf_units

Screenshots in spoiler

EOD

Medical

Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask are you guys planning on releasing any lighter armed vehicles? (E.g WMIK/Jackal with GPMG on top instead of 50 cal)

I'm working on a concept and the abundance of 50 Cals is proving to be a hindrance rather than a help, so these would be a fantastic substitute! (Who would have thought that there could be too much firepower? :/ )

As always keep up the great work, can't wait to see what you have planned next

11 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask are you guys planning on releasing any lighter armed vehicles? (E.g WMIK/Jackal with GPMG on top instead of 50 cal)

I'm working on a concept and the abundance of 50 Cals is proving to be a hindrance rather than a help, so these would be a fantastic substitute! (Who would have thought that there could be too much firepower? :/ )

As always keep up the great work, can't wait to see what you have planned next

It's a possibility Limbo, perhaps 50/50 at this point. We're planning on replacing the existing vehicle GPMG's with our new more accurate L7 model, so we might add the dual GPMG WMIK's at the same time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, UK_Apollo said:

It's a possibility Limbo, perhaps 50/50 at this point. We're planning on replacing the existing vehicle GPMG's with our new more accurate L7 model, so we might add the dual GPMG WMIK's at the same time. 

Awesome!

Would be a great option for mission makers where they don't want the players to duke it out with the enemy (Recce scenarios etc.)

Unfortunately players being players will always choose to use the big gun so we mission makers need to take their toys away :(

• Like 1

I think I saw somewhere a photo of the SBS using dual mounted GPMG's on their version of the jackal (the lighter less armored version who's name escapes me) I can try and find them again if they will be of useful reference

19 minutes ago, wildcatbridge said:

I think I saw somewhere a photo of the SBS using dual mounted GPMG's on their version of the jackal (the lighter less armored version who's name escapes me) I can try and find them again if they will be of useful reference

Yeah, IRL Recce callsigns would use the dual GPMG's while FSP callsigns would mount heavy weapons. Its all the same vehicle thanks to the wonders of the universal weapons mount (Will take everything from LMG to GMG)

Pics related

38AECE7E_E1BD_B1A8_B9BB82F8ACFFE117.jpg

wmik-landrover.jpg

• Like 2

i meant as in dual mounted on the top along with the singular one for the commander. As in the mount on the vehicle second from left.sbs-supacat.jpg

I've seen lads from the SFSG using them, and the picture above is the SBS (i also have one of them mounting it on a landie) not too sure if the SAS use it, but tbh you can never be sure these days.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JD Wang said:

Nope I must be doing something wrong. I loaded up the game with JUST the 3CB stuff, CBA, and ACE 

Placed a coyote down and the logistics container (even tried a normal container with the module sync'd) and also the ACE cargo settings module just to be safe.
The EOD box is 100% vanilla :down:

What about the first aid box, should that show FAK's or ACE bandages?
Maybe I'll try re downloading the mods just to be safe

Could you just check whether you've got the uk3cb_baf_units_ace.pbo in your \\@3cb_baf_units\addons\ folder? If not, you'll want to move it out of the \\@3cb_baf_units\optionals\addons\ folder :smile_o:

• Like 1

Ok that's got to be what it is. Since the SW update I won't have added in the optional PBO's 

Any chance you guys could add those to SW as another addon like the RHS ACE compatability ones?

Makes it easier to explain to newbies (and dumb vets who forget like myself) 

Thanks again for your patience and help

15 hours ago, wildcatbridge said:

i meant as in dual mounted on the top along with the singular one for the commander. As in the mount on the vehicle second from left.

I've seen lads from the SFSG using them, and the picture above is the SBS (i also have one of them mounting it on a landie) not too sure if the SAS use it, but tbh you can never be sure these days.

SF for the most part use whatever they want/can get their hands on

I'd speculate that if 3CB do a GPMG armed Jackal/WMIK it would just be the one mount though because A. They seem to cater more to the regular Army/Marines than SF and B. It "should" (I have no modding experience so could be completly wrong) be simple enough to do a straight swap on the 50 Cal for a GPMG, whereas a dual mount would need to be modelled from scratch

Obv I couldnt tell you what the actual plans are, so I'm probably talking out my arse :D

• Like 2

The plan for LandRovers release 2 was always to do a WMIK with 2 GPMG's, one for the Commander's front seat and one mounted on top.

The SF dual GPMG mounted on top is interesting, but considerably more work to set-up, so much less likely to be delivered as it's not a priority work item.

Adding a top mounted GPMG to the Jackals is a possibility, but not a firm priority, so no promises.

• Like 3

If its relevant with regards to the WMIK land rovers. I have found one picture (only one though) of that very same SF GPMG dual mount being used by the SBS on land rovers. Coming from a mod group (albeit only the writer/annoyance) I can understand how much work is required. So take this not as a request, but more as an offer to provide the references (cause frankly i brought the subject up, its a dick move to then expect you to trawl for hours finding references) if you want them for A) just cause its interesting or B) cause you decide you like it and under your own choice you want to make it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UK_Apollo said:

The plan for LandRovers release 2 was always to do a WMIK with 2 GPMG's, one for the Commander's front seat and one mounted on top.

The SF dual GPMG mounted on top is interesting, but considerably more work to set-up, so much less likely to be delivered as it's not a priority work item.

Adding a top mounted GPMG to the Jackals is a possibility, but not a firm priority, so no promises.

We live for possibilities and wait with bated breath whatever gift you decide to bestow upon us next :eyeheart:

Please help, I cannot find the 12.7 ammo boxes for the coyote. I have gone through the ammo list 4-5 times now. I can find the 7.62 ammo but not the 12.7. Its driving me nuts.

1 hour ago, Dostojetski said:

Please help, I cannot find the 12.7 ammo boxes for the coyote. I have gone through the ammo list 4-5 times now. I can find the 7.62 ammo but not the 12.7. Its driving me nuts.

You will have to equip the static L111A1 (.50cal (12.7mm)) in the launcher slot in order to see the ammo appear int he arsenal

45 minutes ago, Dostojetski said:

It's in the Eden Editor:

Units > Props > Supplies > Ammo > [BAF] Ammo L111A1 HMG

Similarly, ammo for the vehicle GMG's is in the crates "[BAF] Ammo L134A1 GMG"

• Like 1

Is there a chance that you cloud give the army Wildcat a green paint scheme like the one in Arma 2 BAF i would love to see that.

I think we covered this somewhere but short answer no, long answer the army didn't turn up to the procurement meeting with the MOD only the Navy did so when they ordered the wildcat they only ordered it in grey, and we are all about trying to create our mod pack to be as realistic as possible.