Just to let you know we're live on Steam Workshop now....

• Like 8

3 hours ago, serjames said:

Just to let you know we're live on Steam Workshop now....

423ba732a0912633517168c47396b9bf.gif

• Like 1

Hi guys,

A quick question. I am having an issue with your helicopters in the eden editor. Whenever I spawn them and hit preview, fly around for a bit and then return to the editor, I find that my eden camera has frozen. I can still move objects around the scene, open menus and do everything else that eden allows me to do, except for move the camera. I have tried right clicking and using the move to position command but the only thing that fixes it is quitting to the main menu and reloading the editor again.

May I ask if anybody else is suffering the same problems, or is it just moi?

Many thanks!

Could we get a list of the other addons you are using? If you could try and replicate with just CBA and the 3CB mod pack that would be helpful also :D

Also if it happens with the vanilla helicopters or vehicles. :D

Okay, I have recreated the test only running CBA and 3CB Vehicles and the same problem occurs. There is a noticeable camera jolt whenever I spawn in a 3CB helicopter. After this jolt the camera moves without issue until I hit preview, and then the problem occurs again.

I tested it with vanilla vehicles as well, no issue. No issue with any CUP, RHS or DEGA choppers either. 

So far I have tested (literally dropping down the helicopter, hitting preview, waiting a few seconds and then returning to editor) the following helicopters (running only CBA and 3CB)

-Merlin (Issue)

-Wildcat (Issue)

-Apache (issue)

-Pawnee (No Issue)

-Ghosthawk (No Issue)

-Huron (No Issue)

The tests with other modded helicopters I was running earlier on my main mod set.

Confirmed, that method worked at restoring camera control. If I am perfectly honest I spend half my editor time inside of the arsenal dressing units up anyway so it doesn't disrupt my workflow by much. :P

Well I'm glad that temporary fix worked, We'll note down the issue none the less and have a look at it

Thank you, very much! It's a minor issue in my opinion and a worthy trade off for an otherwise lovely modset. Thanks again for the speedy reply!

• Like 1

Hey 3CB team. So I'm having a new issue, with ALiVE combat support and the most recent 3CB update. This is a brand new issue in a mission I've been working on for around a year (never had any problems before), which would seem to me has started since the most recent round of 3CB updates, but I guess I can't be 100% sure quite yet (investigating).

I have a mission on Takistan, which uses 3CB vs Project OPFOR (RHS) on Takistan. The issue is, when calling Combat Support Transport via the ALiVE Commander Tablet, the helicopters (all 3CB classnames I've tried) follow orders to move to the location for "pick up" or" land", lift their tail and level out in preparation for touchdown to pickup their units, but then immediately start raising in altitude (up and up and up) until the 3CB chopper goes into outer space. Lol

I just setup a vanilla ALiVE/CBA scenario to see if I could duplicate it on the same map (Takistan), in the the same location, but so far it's only when using 3CB choppers that I see this happening. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the new resupply point script is conflicting with ALiVE combat support logic but I need to remove some more variables to see exactly what's causing the issue, so to be continued I guess.

Does anyone on the 3CB team here use the ALiVE mod? Is Combat Support Transport for land orders/pickup working ok on your end after the last round of 3CB updates? If I do determine there is an issue, do I report it to your team or the ALiVE team?

We use ALIVE on the vast majority of our public missions and we have not experienced that issue, although the ALIVE support features are rarely used.

I cannot see how ALIVE would conflict with our resupply/logistics modules, as they're essentially passive.  They only do something once the the player selects the option from the context menu.

If it only happens with our helicopters, then it may well be something that ALIVE is expecting in the config and we're not providing.  Does it occur with both the Merlin and Wildcat?

5 hours ago, lifetap said:

We use ALIVE on the vast majority of our public missions and we have not experienced that issue, although the ALIVE support features are rarely used.

I cannot see how ALIVE would conflict with our resupply/logistics modules, as they're essentially passive.  They only do something once the the player selects the option from the context menu.

If it only happens with our helicopters, then it may well be something that ALIVE is expecting in the config and we're not providing.  Does it occur with both the Merlin and Wildcat?

Yeah it's probably too premature for me to assume it has anything to do with resupply point scripts, especially since the heli resupply has been around for awhile. 

It is happening to me with all the 3CB transport classes I've tried, but I think I need to remove a few more variables (Project OPFOR, so by extension, RHS) before determining the exact cause.

I'll mess around a bit later and see if I can nail it down.

Hey guys.

do you know of a way to get "load in" to be "load in jackal 102" when we try to load a body ore somthing ells i a car.

We have problems when we have more cars in the same place that we loader into the wrong car ...

Is this possible>?

5 minutes ago, loopdk said:

Hey guys.

do you know of a way to get "load in" to be "load in jackal 102" when we try to load a body ore somthing ells i a car.

We have problems when we have more cars in the same place that we loader into the wrong car ...

Is this possible>?

This is a vanilla Arma 3 feature. I don't think you can change that.

is it not a ace feature?

my was you mabye can name the cars , as the already have diffent number plades and mabye can get them showing in the ace menu

1 hour ago, loopdk said:

is it not a ace feature?

my was you mabye can name the cars , as the already have diffent number plades and mabye can get them showing in the ace menu

I think that might be a feature you should ask ACE about since as far as i'm aware it goes for all mods not just 3CB...

Not sure how this would be implemented. The number plate of the vehicle depends on how many other vehicles are placed in the mission. The numbers are then assigned to the number plate after mission start when the script checks the number of vehicles present and assigns them unique numbers. ACE3 probably uses the display name of the vehicle from the config.cpp. While you can overwrite this - as ACE3 does with the vanilla names for vehicles - it is usually as part of a script running on game load, rather than mission load, and that one change of name applies to all vehicles of that type. In this case, you'd have to change the display name of the vehicle - after mission start - and have it become dynamic for each individual vehicle i.e. Jackal 101, Jackal 102 etc... after they are assigned the number plate.

It sounds overly complicated and time consuming to look into this, especially as you would have this issue regardless of whether or not it is a 3CB vehicle (i.e. put too many quad bikes close together and you'd get this issue), and you can quickly resolve it by not parking the vehicle so close to another one while loading unconscious people with ACE3.

Not sure if it would help, but you can now assign objects a variable name within Achilles.  You can then use this name in scripts.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2017 at 1:28 AM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hey 3CB team. So I'm having a new issue, with ALiVE combat support and the most recent 3CB update. This is a brand new issue in a mission I've been working on for around a year (never had any problems before), which would seem to me has started since the most recent round of 3CB updates, but I guess I can't be 100% sure quite yet (investigating).

I have a mission on Takistan, which uses 3CB vs Project OPFOR (RHS) on Takistan. The issue is, when calling Combat Support Transport via the ALiVE Commander Tablet, the helicopters (all 3CB classnames I've tried) follow orders to move to the location for "pick up" or" land", lift their tail and level out in preparation for touchdown to pickup their units, but then immediately start raising in altitude (up and up and up) until the 3CB chopper goes into outer space. Lol

I just setup a vanilla ALiVE/CBA scenario to see if I could duplicate it on the same map (Takistan), in the the same location, but so far it's only when using 3CB choppers that I see this happening. 

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess the new resupply point script is conflicting with ALiVE combat support logic but I need to remove some more variables to see exactly what's causing the issue, so to be continued I guess.

Does anyone on the 3CB team here use the ALiVE mod? Is Combat Support Transport for land orders/pickup working ok on your end after the last round of 3CB updates? If I do determine there is an issue, do I report it to your team or the ALiVE team?

False alarm. It took me 3 days and probably 8+ hours, but I finally was able to reproduce this without 3CB running. If I had to guess, I'd say this is a rare bug caused when a low-to-sea level land waypoint is given to a chopper when the flight path begins over a very high mountain. That, or an ALiVE transport combat support bug demonstrated in these circumstances. This is a rare-ass bug that took me forever to replicate. Wow.

Sorry about that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

False alarm. It took me 3 days and probably 8+ hours, but I finally was able to reproduce this without 3CB running. If I had to guess, I'd say this is a rare bug caused when a low-to-sea level land waypoint is given to a chopper when the flight path begins over a very high mountain. That, or an ALiVE transport combat support bug demonstrated in these circumstances. This is a rare-ass bug that took me forever to replicate. Wow.

Sorry about that.

No problem at all, and thanks for identifying the cause