Hey, I was playing around with the landrovers in the Virtual Garage, and I noticed they had RAF Police textures. Any way we can get that vehicle texture in a mission. or is there currently not a way?

Disregard, found the vehicle in game.

• Like 1

Hello,

My outfit has been using all your BAF mods for quite a while now, and I would firstly like to thank your for the excellent and impressive work you guys have done so far.

Now, on to the meat of my post: my outfit uses AFM exclusively for rotary needs, with stress damage ON, and we're running into issues with fully loaded Merlin 24s and 32s, where main engine power and main rotor toughness cannot handle the load. A fully loaded Merlin 24 will maybe manage to get 10m off the ground before snapping the main rotor right off, while the Merlin 32 at 100% throttle barely manages to lift its wheels off the ground. I haven't seen any other posts about this issue, figured I'd ask about it, before we go customizing it on our own. 

Should be easily reproducible, our AFM settings allow for stress damage, wind effects, and enhanced damage from rough landings, while manual trim is disabled. Load a Merlin 24 or 32 with the corresponding number of AI soldiers and just attempt a normal lift off. 

I am curious if this issue is specific to our own special coctail of mods, or if anyone else has the issue as well.

CPL. Jeros, thanks for the report.

Can you repeat your experiment with the vanilla Mohawk please and see if it suffers the same issues?

CPL Jeros,

As I had a spare minute, I've just tested the Merlin 32 with 32 pax on full AFM... no problem in quick test.

Took off, flew around Stratis, climbed to 500m, descended and landed.

I estimate that it went light on the wheels at around 70-75% throttle.

@cba_a3

@3cb_baf_equipment

@3cb_baf_vehicles

@3cb_baf_weapons

@3cb_baf_units

@task_force_radio

I don't fly AFM very much, so left "Auto-Trim" enabled. I recommend you test if there is a difference between Auto-Trim on and off.

Not saying this is conclusive or extensive, but does seem to be at odds with your report.

Thank you UK_Apollo for your effort and time, I will re-run as you suggested and try to narrow it down by using more vanilla assets in the experiment. I'll post my findings here regardless.

• Like 1

Jeros, we at the 4th Infantry Brigade have used the Advanced Flight Model for two deployments now. If you're lads use Stress damage then that WILL be the cause of the merlin tail ripping off. It's a weird bug with the Merlin that's why we now use the Chinook with a custom AFM. Just disable stress and you should be fine.

Flynn, as you say you have experience of this can you confirm that the stress-damage problem you see:

1) does not occur on the BIS Mohawk

2) occurs when only running the mods I listed (effectively just 3CB mods + cba)  i.e. so we can rule out @ace3 etc

3) occurs when auto-trim is enabled

If a bug is reported and confirmed we'd always look to fix it, but there's nothing on our internal tracker up to now, apart from reports that the BIS Mohawk AFM flight model (from which we largely inherit) is in general a bit messed up since the last few patches and not much we can do about that.

Cheers.

Did some tests. Problem is we cant fully identify the issue as we no longer use the aircraft as much anymore. Sometimes the the rotor will break when someone opens CTAB so it's very bemusing. 

1) The rear rotor still breaks on the BIS Mohawk.

2) Don't have time right now to do that.

3) Yes still occurs with auto trim.

You may just need to make a new AFM for the merlin as it appears to be flight model related. Sources of breaks can range from use of Rudders, manoeuvring quickly and opening CTAB as air crew / pilot / co-pilot. I'll try and PM Evrik tommorow after i speak to some of the RAF lads who probs know more about it then me.

I'm pretty sure we found out a long time ago that opening CTAB did something drastic to the controls (such as instantaneously cutting throttle to zero and back to full momentarily) which was causing the over-torque stress damage. I remember being able to replicate that problem which went away when not running CTAB.

Anyway, I'll leave it with Evrik to fix, didn't realise he was already involved.

I am not looking to fix it, Apollo. I'm merely gathering the information from Flynn as I PM'd him via our own forums after his initial response about the tail rotor. AFM is above my pay-grade as I never fly. :)

• Like 1

Is it possible to create a separate "mod" with just a config and add the Land Rover in a new faction? The end result would be the original mod as is but the land rovers are now on another faction too.

46 minutes ago, kerozen said:

Is it possible to create a separate "mod" with just a config and add the Land Rover in a new faction? The end result would be the original mod as is but the land rovers are now on another faction too.

Yes if you know enough about configs it's possible.

Add "UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles" to your list of requiredAddons[] in CfgPatches to make @3cb_baf_vehicles a prerequisite of your faction mod.

Class names of vehicles are on our website, link in the first post.

• Like 1

Morning guys.

I am trying to use :

UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Logistics_Point
UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Servicing_Ground_Point

I got the set in in EDEN.... but no options for nothing... no scroll ore ace option.... help :D

Hey andy.. the vehciles i got working... this is the cargo things...

this one

25q3fvk.jpg

Sorry loopdk I don't quite understand A: what you're trying to achieve and B: the issue at present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

A:

I want to use the logistic point as a logistic point :D

B: i dont get eny options to use the logistic point.

this is my setup:

https://ibb.co/dLUDaa

when i get in to the landrover i get a scroll option " logistic menu" i am missing that on the logistic  point.

https://ibb.co/fkaVMF

Edited by loopdk
missing pictures
  • Like 1

@loopdk

When a vehicle is stationary with the engine off, and close enough to a BAF Logistics Point (UK3CB_BAF_Vehicles_Logistics_Point) the vehicle driver gets the Logistics Menu option in their mouse options.

The Logistics Point is only for Vehicles. Players won't get an option to load supplies from the Logistics Point if they're not in a vehicle.

• Like 2

Hello, I'm back, and I've ran some tests with the vanilla CH-49 Mohawk and compared it to the BAF Merlin 32.

Game parameters:

- AFM (stress damage ON, auto-trim ON, Wind Effects ON)

- Mods: CBA, and all BAF mods

Assets: 

- BAF Merlin HC3 32

- AAF CH-49 Mohawk

- BAF Navy Woodland Infantry, Section A (8-man squad)

- NATO infantry, Assault Squad (8-man squad)

Using the vanilla infantry presented a lot less stress on either airframe, most notably on the Merlin HC3 32. The Merlin was unable to lift a full load of BAF infantry (31+pilot) reliably, as soon as it reached approx 10m altitude (presumably out of ground effect) the main rotor simply broke. With a full load of NATO infantry, the Merlin was able to ascend to any altitude, with a maximum rate of ascent @5m/s, either with, or without autohover. It did experience catacstrophic main rotor failure when performing a slow turn with no rudder input, at 150kph and 45 degree bank into the turn. Pulling back on the flight-stick to where the Flight Path Marker was offset from the crosshair by approx. -5 degrees broke the main rotor.

The CH-49 Mohawk with NATO infantry loaded served as the benchmark for the test, it performed without incident during take-offs (max RoA 12m/s), and speeds in excess of 200kph were required to induce damage to the airframe through maneuvering. Loading it with BAF infantry reduced the RoA to 11m/s, perhaps negligible, perhaps an indicator of weight difference between BAF and NATO infantry loadouts.

All in all, I have to admit, I'm getting the feeling that the engine power and weight characteristics used for the vanilla CH-49 Mohawk were not adjusted for the 24 and 32 seater versions of the Merlin, and the extra 14 people loaded on the 32-seater push it to the limit of what its engine can produce. Fiddling with the infantry faction loaded onto the heli, in my opinion, reveals that the slightly heavier BAF loadouts push the Merlin 32 seater right to the very limit of what it can lift, while the lighter NATO infantry loadouts give it just enough leeway to fly. Since the CH-49 is an 18 seater, changing the infantry loaded into it does next to nothing, as the added weight is still well within normal operating parameters.

17 minutes ago, CPL. Jeros said:

Using the vanilla infantry presented a lot less stress on either airframe, most notably on the Merlin HC3 32. The Merlin was unable to lift a full load of BAF infantry (31+pilot) reliably, as soon as it reached approx 10m altitude (presumably out of ground effect) the main rotor simply broke.

Many thanks for the detailed test. We'll digest and have a look at options.

However, one thing that concerns me is that I have no problem whatsoever in taking the Merlin HC3 32 with a full load (4 Sections) of BAF infantry to altitude (500m+) without stress damage.

We need to understand why our tests are not replicating. 

Just now, UK_Apollo said:

Many thanks for the detailed test. We'll digest and have a look at options.

However, one thing that concerns me is that I have no problem whatsoever in taking the Merlin HC3 32 with a full load (4 Sections) of BAF infantry to altitude (500m+) without stress damage.

We need to understand why our tests are not replicating. 

I did not conduct any tests with Stress Damage being disabled, I'll check.

Lol, no I didn't mean that. My tests were with stress damage enabled, as shown in my screen capture.

Ah, my apologies, I misunderstood you :) 

In trying to isolate this issue, I've been doing a lot of take-offs with a HC3 32 and a full load of BAF infantry, with stress damage enabled. A specific to the Merlin on lift-off (at least one that I'm experiencing), is that it almost immediately gains 5kph forward speed and turns to the right slightly. Being very gentle with the throttle stick and applying very gentle input on X and Y axes to keep it as close to directly vertical, as possible, I've also been able to ascend to 500m without issues. When being a bit less gentle in correcting drift in the initial 10 seconds after takeoff, while RPM indicator is red, breaks it. For kicks, and while writing this post, I've just sat into an empty HC3 32, went to 50% on throttle, stabilized it while hovering at 0m, then pushed throttle to 100% hard, RPM indicator went red while the heli started asending, I jiggled the flight stick left and right a bit, and the rotor snapped.

It seems my previous theories about weight to power ratios were perhaps a bit unfounded, looks like the critical failure we're experiencing happens due to sudden pitch/yaw corrections during overspeed/tach desync (engine and rotor RPM not aligned = red RPM indicator). And that the Mohawk airframe/model is just more fragile than others.