Great update guys, loving the extra features on the Landrovers. One thing I hadn't noticed before is the colouring of the Apache. It seems to be almost black? See below for comparison shot with other mods and then real life photo. Left to right - RHS US, CUP UK, 3CB UK, Franze US. Personally, I think somewhere in-between the RHS and CUP colour seems right for a UK one.

On a related note any chance you might use the source released from the Franze & Nodunit Apache to update the model quality and animation quality on the 3CB one?

5c32818005947633a649dc6d527ca592.jpg

1083353.jpg

It's not really a priority at the moment. In addition, the member of the team that initially reskinned the Apache for us is no longer involved in modding. Yes, we'll support it due to issues / bugs and game updates, but we have a lot of other projects we want to get to initial release. Things like replacing old arma2 weapons where we can with new models, MRAPs (Ridgback, Wolfhound, Mastiff, Foxhound, Panther, Huskey etc...), trucks, light field gun, other aircraft, light armour...the list goes on. We only have so much free time to dedicate to modding (what with work, family etc...) and the team is fairly small - especially when compared to other major teams like CUP and RHS.

• Like 4

Sounds great, please don't take my post as criticism as it was more feedback. You guys are the best option to the British community out there right now and the content you put out is great quality. 

Don't worry, I didn't. It was more of an attempt to explain our situation. :)

• Like 2

Something i think would be really cool (don't know if possible) is having multiple Hide External Gear options. One for each camo (MTP, DPM and DDPM).

Is that something you guys would consider?

It was considered during development but we decided not to offer that option, sorry.

• Like 1

Why? Is is really hard to do? It allows for more customization. I would much rather have less vehicles and have more options on the ones that exist

We chose not to spend time on it because we have a million and one more important and interesting projects to devote our very finite modding efforts on.

There are already more customisation options than most other mods provide, plus external gear backpacks matching to the colour scheme of the vehicle, which we consider sufficient for our requirements.

• Like 6

Will you guys in the future be doing a woodland camo version of the wildcat to go with the Army woodland units, as the willdcats are blue/white yet have Army written on the side ?

Also will you be updating the classnames list on your forums to compensate for the new vehicles ?

25 minutes ago, cdn_limey said:

Will you guys in the future be doing a woodland camo version of the wildcat to go with the Army woodland units, as the willdcats are blue/white yet have Army written on the side ?

No probably not, because as far as we can tell all Wildcats are in two-tone grey, regardless of which Service they are in.

If you have in-service photo's showing alternative camo schemes we'll definitely consider it though.

25 minutes ago, cdn_limey said:

Also will you be updating the classnames list on your forums to compensate for the new vehicles ?

Yes, shouldn't be too long.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, cdn_limey said:

You mean like this one?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/ZZ406_Wildcat_AH1_of_the_AAC.jpeg

Essentially it was based on dstl analysis and formal approval by the MoD Camouflage Working Group, e.g, the Army didn't attend a meeting and the Navy got the camo scheme. There are no green army Wildcats.

• Like 1

Quick Q, the MILAN WMIK's ? They only have one missile? I can't seem to reload after the first missile is fired, totally love the way it's looking, the real Missile actually flies just above the Line of sight, by the way, and behaves like a cunt at times, the version I instructed on, the missile left the FOV and dropped back down, like an arch, the launch sounds are also not quite right, but good enough to get the feel.

Good effort lads.

Once the missile has detonated, you should be able to tap R to reload (if there are remaining missiles in the WMIK's inventory). Do be aware though that the process takes a while! :)

• Like 1

Loving the release so far guys!

I was just wondering is there any way to have the top cover in the Snatch face rear rather than front?

At the moment any vehicle packets are pretty open

P.s I know the guys in the back can FFV if they open the doors but that leaves the vehicle quite exposed so hence why I'm asking about the cover man

At the moment, no. It is a limitation, and the previous solution of giving the unit a 360 degree arc while in the turned out FFV turret meant that his spine essentially snapped as his upper body faced back, but his legs faced forwards. We were basically using a setup similar to the vanilla BIS Prowler. It only has a front FFV turn out turret as well. It may be possible via a script, or by having two seats in the rear of the vehicle, one for turning out forward and one for back, but the problem then is how to stop both players from turning out at the same time. The final alternative, which is even more clunky, would be to make a whole new Snatch Landrover just with a rear facing FFV top cover turret, but if it got mixed up within the convoy, the gunner couldn't then face front in emergencies.

If anyone knows of a more elegant solution, please let us know. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, evrik said:

If anyone knows of a more elegant solution, please let us know. :)

RHS may be able to help you

If I remember correctly their Russian GAZ 4x4 with the PKM/AGS cupola is actually 2 seperate turrets with a single gunner get in point

If you look at it in the virtual arsenal you can see its two different turrets

Might be worth looking into :)

Its only a minor thing anyway, overall fantastiv work as always!

It looks as though BIS are adding more functionality around the turnin / turnout feature, so perhaps we find an improved implementation in the future

Can we  have option to turn off break lights.... its hard to do night ops and the driver hits the break and light up everything ;D

51 minutes ago, loopdk said:

Can we  have option to turn off break lights.... its hard to do night ops and the driver hits the break and light up everything ;D

Added to list for investigation. Thanks.

• Like 2

On 20/03/2017 at 0:26 PM, UK_Apollo said:

Added to list for investigation. Thanks.

On a similar vein you could add a convoy lights when your vehicle is blacked out

This is a small white light usually on the middle back of a vehicle (IVO the rear number plate) that is invisible from any direction other than the rear, making it easier to follow other vehicles while blacked out

Dunno if its possible/worth implementing but it would be an interesting thing to see

• Like 1

Is there a way to disable the Javelin automatically being added to the Land Rover's inventory? You can remove it via script after its added, but given how easy it is to add item to vehicles now in the editor, its a bit frustrating when you don't want them to have a Javelin.

@thepiespyNot currently.  The Javelin is added via a script, so we do not have to make the vehicles mod dependent on our weapons mod.  

We'll revisit this in the next patch, as I agree, its would be preferable to be able to disable the Javelin via EDEN.

• Like 1

On 17/3/2017 at 9:18 PM, autigergrad said:

Burnes graciously gave 3CB the Foxhound, Husky, and Panther vehicles to add to their modset, so I'd say there's a very good chance those are next on the list.

Would be nice with the Husky and/or Panther, we are missing those in the modpack in our unit. I know we can just download them seperate, but it's easier with a "All in one" vehicle pack