Ok. I got a good repro now.

Go into the editor. Place a vanilla Hunter GMG down and then place a 3CB Jackal GMG down. Put a playable unit on the map and then a non-playable AI grouped to the player on the map.

Click play.

Hit the F2 key and command the grouped AI into the vanilla Hunter. Click the F2 key again, then 6, and notice how you have the option to force him into the gunner seat in the scroll wheel options.

Now, eject the AI from the vanilla Hunter. Click F2 and command the AI into the Jackal. Click F2, then 6 and notice how the only option is to command him into the "commander's seat." There is no option to force him into the top gunner's seat. This is problematic, especially with the Coyote because the only way to get someone into gunner is to have a full vehicle (the top gunner's seat gets filled last by default).

Also, as I mentioned before, even for patrol purposes it is very useful to be able to command AI into gunner and driver seats when needed.

Anyway, thanks for reading my bug report! :)

• Like 1

sounds like an issue with proxy index, commanding or potentially compartment values in the turret config

When you're ordering them to get in use the mount/dismount menu. So select the unit you want in gunner--press "4" (think it's that by default)--select the Coyote--gunner.

EDIT: Never mind, that puts them in one of the FFV positions, so maybe just the ordering of the seats needs some tweaks.

Yes, it's simply the ordering of the turrets in the config.

We should be able to sort this out for the next update.

• Like 2

Childs the lack of the armored vehicles is concerning. Many of us would like to roll in Scimitar, Warrior or Challenger 2 ;) 

We're looked at it before but the problem comes with that articulation. You can conceivably make the entire front section a "wheel" that can be turned. But it looks kinda odd in game skids everywhere.

Alternative is lock the whole thing as one unit and that looks equally odd

@Sgt Taylor,  it is not worth the risk.  Currently there is no way within A3 to implement such a vehicle, in a reliable and consistent way.  We'd be putting 100's of hours into something that might never be of sufficient quality to release. Sorry.

I thought the Swedish army mod had a version of this and they have the articulation I think

they do, I remember messing with that certain bv206 

It's not articulated in the way you may think. It's as serjames stated, the carriages pivot and act as a 'wheel'.

Are you guys familiar with this error at all?

Error:.... class "bin\config.bin/CfgVehicules/UK3CB_BAF_Jackal2_L134A1_Base_D/Wheels/LM/" is not defined ("center" accessed)
Note: I'm going to assume that's just a typo in "vehicles" above.

Anyway, just had a report of a mission of mine not loading for someone due to this error and he said he redownloaded all the 3CB mods. That must be pointing to 5.0.1 not being loaded I'd assume. Would that seem reasonable? The "center" accessed part is what's throwing me here and not sure what to make of it.

EDIT: SOLVED. It ended up being that he was using an old download link to the mod.

Thanks for the update. That error isn't something I've seen before.

• Like 1

So what is planed in the future for 3CB BAF Vehicles?

There was a post i noticed where the author of the MK10 Landing Craft said he had been working on a BAF landrover pack:

Yeah just picked it back up as im hopping between this and a BAF landrover pack I started before this

to which serjames replied

Mike I'd maybe focus on the landing craft.. hint hint

So if i had to guess i'd say they have some LRs in the works although i won't speculate as to how far along they are... ;)

• Like 1

Yes, we do have some Land Rovers in the works. They are quite far along and currently under-going some texture work. They will have some nice new interactive features as well when complete. We are also updating our existing ground vehicles to use the same sounds as our weapon packs for the .50cal and GPMG's. We corrected some LOD issues as well. After the Landies, we will probably look at updating Cleggy's Ridgback or some trucks. Nothing has been decided.

• Like 7

Yes, we do have some Land Rovers in the works. They are quite far along and currently under-going some texture work. They will have some nice new interactive features as well when complete. We are also updating our existing ground vehicles to use the same sounds as our weapon packs for the .50cal and GPMG's. We corrected some LOD issues as well. After the Landies, we will probably look at updating Cleggy's Ridgback or some trucks. Nothing has been decided.

Any chance of some teasers? ;)

You would need to appeal to uk_apollo's good graces. These are his babies. :D

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work (on all the 3CB stuff) and really looking forward to your upcoming releases!!

Hope you all have an excellent christmas

• Like 2