@yourstruly: don't worry, everyone hates the answer too..."when it's done". ;-)

We're close to leaving the development phase now for testing and QA, so not too much longer. Sorry, can't be more specific than that, but things are progressing well.

That's more than I expected anyway. Thanks for that and for this great mod :)

I would appreciate that you don't ask for updates, doing so is considered spam. As per the forum rules ;)

What would the faction names be so I can use the vehicle units with ALiVE's AI commander? I want to manually place some manned Coyotes/Jackals/Wildcats/etc for the commander to use but I guess I need the actual faction (and not class) names to do this.

Sorry but I don't see them in the OP.

Currently there are no vehicles included in our Alive groups on the @3CB_BAF_Units mod, because we didn't want to force @3CB_BAF_Vehicles as a prerequisite.

However, as we increase the content across all our various mods, there is much that needs to be common across them, so it is quite likely that in due course we'll start adding inter-dependancies - when that happens the Alive units will be able to include mechanised/motorised options.

Currently there are no vehicles included in our Alive groups on the @3CB_BAF_Units mod, because we didn't want to force @3CB_BAF_Vehicles as a prerequisite.

However, as we increase the content across all our various mods, there is much that needs to be common across them, so it is quite likely that in due course we'll start adding inter-dependancies - when that happens the Alive units will be able to include mechanised/motorised options.

Right. Thanks for the reply. I'm aware of that and would like to see what you guys have in store.

Sorry if I was confusing, I was asking what the faction name is for the manned vehicles. I know they only have NATO units in them by default (which I can change in the editor). I need the faction name for the manned vehicle so I can sync them to the Virtual AI module and put it in the OPCOM's force faction line.

Pretty sure it's UK3CB_BAF_Faction but not totally sure.

Am I making sense?

Other users have told me this works but the manned vehicles need to be manually placed on the map and then virtualized. Then OPCOM will command them to objectives. He (the Military AI Commander) just needs to know the faction name he's commanding.

Sorry to ask another basic question but what's the proper implementation and usage of the Helicopter Resupply module?

Is it just syncing it to an object which then adds an add action to the mouse wheel options for the player?

Yes, you can either sync the module to an object / vehicle and that object / vehicle will gain the action menu. Alternatively, if you place the module on the map without syncing it to anything, it will appear ingame as a small placeholder crate and fuel drum model with the action menu.

Yes, you can either sync the module to an object / vehicle and that object / vehicle will gain the action menu. Alternatively, if you place the module on the map without syncing it to anything, it will appear ingame as a small placeholder crate and fuel drum model with the action menu.

Yeah I synced it to an ammocrate that I placed next to the helipad. I don't see any option when mouse wheel scrolling. Does it only show up after actually firing or running out of rounds?

Long story short; I placed the module on the map and synced it to a crate. That's it. That's the correct method?

@Heroesandvillains

Yes, you are correct. Place down the crate, sync it to the module, land within 100m, switch off engine, scroll mouse to access the resupply options.

However, I know what your problem is - there seems to be a bug if you have an AI copilot sitting next to you. Order him to disembark the helicopter and the resupply options will appear. 

I'll add this to our bug tracker for fixing.

Open the spoiler for a picture guide!

Method 1: sync module to object

0F4D7XW.jpg

Method 2: place down preconfigured 3CB helicopter resupply object

4wd3SbD.jpg

• Like 1

Ok turns out not to be a bug, but an Arma engine limitation and already in our list of known issues.

Gunner/Copilot has to get out before the pilot gets the resupply option.

• Like 1

Hello

I was wondering seeing as there is a lot of C-130 mods out there and pretty much all of them have issues in multiplayer, are you guys by any chance planing to do your own version of C-130 ?

Yes. It's on the list. However the next vehicle release will include bug fixes for Apache / Wildcat, and our new Merlin variants. Hopefully once we are done with the next round of updates to the weapons / equipment packs, we can focus a little more on the vehicles. It is the gear that takes the time as there is so much of it. 

Ye, understandable. Take your time and good luck with the release. 

Which mods are you using? We use Sabre's version fine (albeit slightly modified).

Sabre has kindly donated a version of his C-130, so that will form our base model before we ultimately add in some new features.

Which mods are you using? We use Sabre's version fine (albeit slightly modified).

Currently using the USAF mod version of it. Previously we tried ones that came in standalone and the one by A-Team. We shall look at Sabre's version if you're saying it works fine.

Would it be possible to decrease the radius of the open/close door option in the Wildcats, or, better yet, move it entirely to the action menu?

Every time I get in as passenger for transport, trying to pull up the mousewheel options to request my pilot to take off, I just constantly open and close the doors. Got stuck so bad trying to just get out of the chopper last night I had to force quit the mission. I literally could not get out.

@Heroes&Villains

I'm not seeing that problem. Can you give exact steps to reproduce please? Send in a PM if you like.

hi chaps, love your mod, would the royal artillery 105mm L118 light gun be on your list of mods ? be great to make it towable and sling loaded compatible 

Cheers

The L118 is on the to do list and I've already got a ported arma 2 M119 with added sling load points to use as the base for it. However adding in the 60mm commando mortar is the current priority when it comes to fire support. Once we have the updated weapon and equipment packs out of the way, we can really start concentrating on the vehicles. It is the wide selection of guns and gear that takes up the time - especially the test sessions prior to release.

• Like 1

please tell me in the next update the air-frames have "fold away" ability... pleaseDefence_Imagery_-_Helicopters_landing_ab7160787178_9fc1912aa4_b.jpgroyal-navy-merlin-hm1_pics228-22872.jpg