Currently our 3CB BAF Vehicles do not have 3CB BAF Units / BAF Equipment / BAF Weapons as pre-requisite requirements.

Therefore, the vehicles are crewed by NATO units.

If you wish to add our 3CB BAF Units (Infantry or Marines) to the vehicles, download the other mods and it's relatively straightforward to swap them in the editor or via Zeus.

We are however looking at ways in which we can provide alternative simple solutions as this question comes up quite frequently - watch this space!

Because of the standalone nature of the Vehicles mod, vehicles are not currently included in the Alive faction groupings. So you will only see infantry/marines and support elements.

Again, this is being worked on right now to enhance the Alive AI experience.

• Like 1

Currently our 3CB BAF Vehicles do not have 3CB BAF Units / BAF Equipment / BAF Weapons as pre-requisite requirements.

Therefore, the vehicles are crewed by NATO units.

If you wish to add our 3CB BAF Units (Infantry or Marines) to the vehicles, download the other mods and it's relatively straightforward to swap them in the editor or via Zeus.

We are however looking at ways in which we can provide alternative simple solutions as this question comes up quite frequently - watch this space!

Because of the standalone nature of the Vehicles mod, vehicles are not currently included in the Alive faction groupings. So you will only see infantry/marines and support elements.

Again, this is being worked on right now to enhance the Alive AI experience.

Your mods really are some of the finest available. Breathtaking. As always, thanks for the detailed reply and the continued support.

Has your team considered adding an MRAP type variety at all? Currently I use Burnes Foxhound for a little more IED protection but would love to remove the requirement and make it all 3CB.

Again, thanks for everything. This mod set is really really special.

• Like 1

@HeroesandvillainsOS: We have spoken to Burnes in the past, and undoubtedly will again in the future. As for adding an MRAP, we have access to Cleggy's Ridgeback as he made it open source. We intend to upgrade it - similarly to the Jackals / Coyotes, and with some luck, add in a six-wheeled Mastiff as well.

• Like 2

Hello Everik and 3cb moding team.

I just firstly wanted to say that i love what you have done with the AH-1 and the loadouts that you scroll through by placing the appropriate ammo boxes. ( luv it ) but if only you could incorporate the HUD & targeting system used in the lowlands warrior apache which i think originally came from kimi us helicopter mod ( not 100% certain of that ) and you will have one of the finest apache mods to date in arma 3. 

Keep up the good work it is really appreciated. 

Also love ducking onto your servers from time to time. ( luv it ).

@=7Cav=CPL.Mcnab  We are using Kimi's HUD in the Apache, so not sure why you are not seeing it.  Which aspect of the Lowlands Apache's targeting system where you requesting us to incorporate?

i noticed in the lowlands version when you are using the 30mm you can actually tgt it using the laser which also tracks the target as you throw the airframe about. it also displays the actual grid you are targeting and not just display the grid the airframe is in. this of course makes the 30mm accurate as it should be, without being able to slave the targeting to to say a track IR which I believe this isnt possible due to the limitations of the engine so its a nice compromise.     

We investigated slaving the gun to head movement.  It is possible, but requires a significant amount of scripting to achieve  the desired result, as you're fighting against the A3 engine.  Currently we do not feel the advantages outweigh the maintenance and reliability issues, for our mod set.

But we're always interested in alternative solutions.

i noticed in the lowlands version when you are using the 30mm you can actually tgt it using the laser which also tracks the target as you throw the airframe about. 

The gun on Apache also tracks the target, but you have to select any zoom level, except the first.  This was a deliberate design decision, as it avoid the gunner's head from being continually dragged around the cockpit.

For apache gun control i always used Heinbloeds GDT_helicopter weapons script, with an added friendly strobe script I borrowed from lurch's AC130 script, back in the day. we have never had any problems wit hthat, although clearly it is designed for solo pilots who want to fight with all of apaches weapons and not have to rely on AI gunner.  Let me know if you want to see it any time, i have it running on our isis vs brit server in A2.

here is a short vid - about halfay through you will see what happens when i autohover and right-click and seamlessly switch to gunner seat.

this one shows me using it in the apache to switch tu gunner and target boats with a laser hellfire - from 1.50mins

First off, this is a great mod, it's very nice to see so many british units and vehicles becoming available for communities to use.  I would like to report two problems I have encountered with the Apache that may / may not be bugs or due to 1.56 being released.  Firstly the FCS for the apache's gun doesn't show the range in the top left just "-----" irrelevant of how close or far away the targeted piece of ground is.  Secondly the sounds seem to be a bit messed up, firstly I get reoccuring random shots even when I haven't fired the gun, and secondly when I fire the gun I only hear 1 shot even if I fire 5 or 6 or more rounds.

Also it would be great that if in the next release it would be possible for the main gun to be able to lock onto the laser and have an "auto" ranging control, allowing the gunner to change targets quickly without having to mess around with the BIS ranging system.

@Delta1292.  The sound issues surfaced after 1.56.  We have a fix in testing.  There are also several other features on the way.  No timescales as yet, as we're assessing how many of the new features we can push into the update.

Hey guys,

I've noted a strange error with the Wildcat ever since the last ACE update.

Even when you dont have FRIES enabled the bars show up on the right hand side of the heli, they dont seem to collide with anything so its just cosmetic, but an interesting error none the less :D

s8yaL81.jpg

@TheLimbo365

Yes, it's an error present in the default BIS Hellcat too, but it's been fixed in our dev build for a while and correct ace3 fast roping will be included in the next update, coming soon TM.

4rpFL9x.jpg

• Like 1

I see you're still using BIS' original concept for the chock-full-o' seating cabin - very unlikely to happen.

this is how i imagine the wildcat seating would be deployed for navy and marines use - with side-facing seating, much like the navy lynx i have spent many hours gadding about in back in the early 90s (though they had 2 seats on each side facing outward. not 3 as seen here in my rangemaster conversion):

I imagine 6 cargo seats may be the maximum - 2 at the rear, 4 facing out, leaving room for 2 gunner seats facing aft, immediately behind the cockpit bulkhead.

2015-06-18_00002_zpsgxfawaeb.jpg

2015-06-18_00003_zpsydpwogja.jpg

here are some semi-official cabin layouts (from agusta westland) to consider

http://ukarmedforcescommentary.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/the-evolving-budget-situation.html

SF version - 1 gunner + 4 fast-ropers

LAH.JPG

CSAR cabin - 2 operators + basket

SAR+2.JPG

ASW version with 1 operator and kit

Wildcat+ASW.jpg

potential weapon loads

Wildcat+weaponry.jpg

anyway, hope it helps

• Like 2

Thanks for the reference shots, eggbeast. I am sure Apollo was thinking about adding in the reversed seating for future releases. The others depend on whether or not we can get the nice M3M model we have into game. We have to keep switching focus on vehicles to at least get one working version of each out first. After that we can fine tune things.

Btw, I sent you a pm a few days ago. I don't know if you have seen it.

• Like 1

Yay, everyone loves fixes

I hope if you guys add a new model with less seats you keep the 8 seat version aswel!

I know its not 100% realistic but as a mission maker it makes things much easier when its 1 section = 1 heli

The 8 seat will remain - especially as a transport version - only the seats will be back to back looking out of the side doors, like in the images, rather than in forward facing rows.

that's great to hear man. I did a round robin on my mates who have also flown in lynx's, and none of us have ever flown facing forward (except on the triple rear bulkhead bench)  - others might disagree - but to my knowledge and those people i know with lynx experience, it isn't normal! though the seating is bolted in in a modular arrangement, so you can pull them out and do all sorts with them.

notice also they dont have that webbing above the seats that BIS added in. I have never seen that in a lynx either.

on a side note - the inside window frame is normally painted in yellow and black stripes, with a big red handle on the bottom of it - for emergency release if you hit the drink.

anyway, yeah that's why in A2 the first thing i did to the wildcat was turn the cabin seats round!

good pics here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234906770-lynx-interior-colours/#entry892913

6332700798_ab780aac28_b.jpg

lynx1_zpsdvw322ql.jpg

lynx2_zpsh3vura5r.jpg

top notch lynx intel here from old lynx pilots

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234915904-westland-lynx-versions-army/

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234915892-westland-lynx-versions-navy/

• Like 2

Any recent photo's of seating arrangements in the operational Wildcat's would be nice to see.

there are none, sorry.  I've had a few beers about a year ago with a wildcat test pilot, but i didn't dare bore him with loads of (sensitive) questions about cabin seating lol.

however, i would imagine they would follow the lynx pattern - as the crash safety standards / evac drills / etc would probably be retained and tweaked from the lynx.

having a middle forward facing seat in a small light attack heli is a bit mad, as that guy is stuck if it crashes in the sea.

The Army's Wildcats are not supposed to be a troop-carrying helicopter as much as the older AH.7 was. It's tasked in more of a reconnaissance/surveillance role akin to what the Gazelle used to be for.

Similarly, the RN's Wildcats wont be fitted with dipping sonar because it's not their role.

Wildcat's cabin seats are the modern crash-worthy type that you get in Merlin etc. There are "rails" along the floor panels where folding mid-cabin seats can be repositioned to meet various seating configurations. 2-3 seats can also be fitted along the rear bulkhead. Side-facing seats would require some other layout for the floor fittings

Source of photos: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234950821-lynx-to-wildcat-conversion/page-4

Pretty much everything the MoD buys these days has to have safety seats even if it means reducing the number of pax carried. They're on everything from the SV trucks to the upgraded Warriors (will only carry 6 dismounts in future).

H&S would probably have a fit if they tried to install bog-standard bench seats like it was the 1980s/90s.

• Like 2

the old seats worked though eh, i've been upside down in one over the channel lol

so those schematics i put up look about right then - for the theoretical wildcat cabins.

Thanks chaps.

My feeling based on the evidence so far is that our Wildcat seating will remain forward/rear facing, unless we see photo's which show they should definitely be side-facing. It would be nice to update to individual crash-worthy seats at some point in the future if time allows.

As da12th says, Wildcat isn't designed as a troop taxi anyway, so although it replaced Lynx it would seem more limited in it's role, with troop transport being pushed solely to Merlin and Chinook in real life? As with the external weapons, some imagination is required until the Wildcats have been in operational service for a while longer and clearer details emerge of how they are configured.

In the mod, the 6 pax version is closer to representative of what they might carry, but the 8 pax will be retained as an option because it allows carriage of a full Section for those preferring utility in game over real life spec.

[...] the next update, coming soon TM.

I know everyone hates this question, but when can we expect the update (roughly)? I plan a modpack update in my group and would love to include sound fixes for Apache.