The easiest way is to simply put more belts for the two weapons (main gun / commander gun) into the inventory. We changed the way it handled ammunition so that it can be shared out between vehicles if you are out on a mission and one was running low. The simplest way is to either create a resupply area at base where it automatically refills the inventory via a script, or to put down a vehicle ammo crate and physically move the belts into the inventory of the vehicle. Alternatively, if you fill a truck / Coyote with lots of extra belts, you could use this as you logistics vehicle. As we created a supply module for the helicopters, I'll see if we can add a simple resupply module for ground vehicles as well and try to include it in the next update.

• Like 2

The easiest way is to simply put more belts for the two weapons (main gun / commander gun) into the inventory. We changed the way it handled ammunition so that it can be shared out between vehicles if you are out on a mission and one was running low. The simplest way is to either create a resupply area at base where it automatically refills the inventory via a script, or to put down a vehicle ammo crate and physically move the belts into the inventory of the vehicle. Alternatively, if you fill a truck / Coyote with lots of extra belts, you could use this as you logistics vehicle. As we created a supply module for the helicopters, I'll see if we can add a simple resupply module for ground vehicles as well and try to include it in the next update.

Nice. I'm glad this got brought up because I came on to ask the exact same question. However, I don't use ACE.

I've got a long term persistence ALiVE mission going and last night it dawned on me the Coyote's/Jackal's probably don't have infinite bullets. Sorry to ask a hand-holdy confirmation kinda question, but does the same principle apply without ACE? I'm thinking the easiest way would be for me to do what you just described; physically walk over to a vehicle ammo crate and manually transfer the belts. Is that all I do? I.E. Add a belt to my player inventory and drop it into the inventory of the Coyote/Jackal? Just like transferring ammo or weapons to a teammate?

That is exactly how it works, with or without ACE. Think of the inventory of the vehicle in the same way as a player inventory. The more mags you fit in your vest or pack, the more you carry and can use. The Jackal / Coyote inventory now works like that. Pile a load of 7.62 GPMG belts in there for the Commander's gun, and the .50cal or Grenade Belts for the HMG and GMG respectively. If you are going out as a convoy and the lead vehicle fires all of his magazines off, you can just pull up alongside in another vehicle, drag belts out of the inventory, and throw them into the lead vehicle, just like sharing out magazines between players.

• Like 1

That is exactly how it works, with or without ACE. Think of the inventory of the vehicle in the same way as a player inventory. The more mags you fit in your vest or pack, the more you carry and can use. The Jackal / Coyote inventory now works like that. Pile a load of 7.62 GPMG belts in there for the Commander's gun, and the .50cal or Grenade Belts for the HMG and GMG respectively. If you are going out as a convoy and the lead vehicle fires all of his magazines off, you can just pull up alongside in another vehicle, drag belts out of the inventory, and throw them into the lead vehicle, just like sharing out magazines between players.

I am quite impressed with the way you've done this-- it adds that extra bit of realism. ^_^

Would something like this be possible with a turreted vehicle, e.g. Warrior, with 2 different weapon systems in 1 seating position?

It should be. I guess we will find out when we get around to porting / improving the Warrior. :)

• Like 1

Nothing on the Warrior. We haven't started yet. I'll try and get some WIP pictures up on the Development website at the weekend. It will probably show some old DPM, DDPM, CS95 DPM, and winter uniforms and kit we've been working on, the new 60mm commando mortar, and hopefully some images of the work we've been doing on the Merlin.

• Like 2

Eggbeast has kindly offered us, his A2 Landrovers.  These have camo netting and various associated scripts.  So in the future you may see them on the Jackals.

• Like 3

you just need a selection in the vehicle that is called camonet or w/e, then add a hide animation in the model.cfg and then add animationsource in the vehicle cfg and a useraction to add or remove camonet

assuming you want a special on-vehicle camonet then the hard bit is making the camonet fit your vehicle.

pooks simple ones are added fore and aft of the vehicle - which we use in our landy fleet:

landy_m2_zpsjcwgkqgg.jpg

we even have the abilit yto dismount the weapons to a static but it's a little bit WIP in unsung in the m113 fleet

example:

50cal dismounted from a m113

m113MGdismount_zpsmswmp1gs.jpg

105mm mortar onboard

M106b_zps5vwyhjix.jpg

and dismounted from the back of a m113 by useraction

M106a_zps19rblbnm.jpg

• Like 2

I've abandoned use of the hide animate camo nets because in MP the potential exists to drive away w/ the net deployed, making it look like Fred Flinstone is driving.  Better to use my pook_camonets addon, and use the action script for placement of one nearby to the vehicle.  Much more reliable that way!

that's what you see above. i used that system with your nets. the onboard camo net they might want on the jackal would be like your pandur - moulded to the vehicle body, on top of the cargo area, not on the floor like the wider nets..

Any chance we will be seeing the CVR(T) Family of Vehicles in the future, Mainly the Scimitar and the Sultan they would be a really nice addition to the British units. Remember fondly playing the British vehicles in Arma 2 from BAFX.

We have a model of the Scimitar courtesy of Davids (Arma2) that has the RPG cage. However, the model would require significant work to polish it to an Arma3 quality. It is on the list, but not pressing at the moment.

Also, as promised, here are a few WIP images of items nearing release.

https://3cbmod.wordpress.com/category/news/

Out of couriosity:
Why is your mod released under CC BY-NC-ND since the source is APL-SA? Just wondering tho...

Not all of our source is. There are custom in-house pieces that we have added to the base models, models contributed to the pack (for example the L7 on the Jackal / Coyote) that come with permission restrictions (i.e. we can't give out the unbinarized source), and future vehicles that we hope to add are not based on any ported arma 2 content. For example, in our equipment pack, we have vests and weapons that have been created from scratch by people that have kindly given us permission to include their work. That is basically the reason.

Out of couriosity:

Why is your mod released under CC BY-NC-ND since the source is APL-SA? Just wondering tho...

which parts of the mod do you believe to be APL-SA?

I only ask because most people misunderstand the BIS license structure.

A limited amount of the arma 2 materials were released under APL-SA, which means you might need to allow people to modify your work.

"Share Alike — If you adapt, or build upon this material, you may distribute the resulting material only under the same license."

Take a look at the A2 samples release page

Now expand the content section for the ONLY part that was released under SA rule

Map_Objects - misc, plants, roads, rocks, signs
    Maps - configs, scripts, scenes and source RVMATs only
        Afghan
        Bohemia
        Bootcamp_ACR
        Desert_E
        Chernarus
        ProvingGrounds_PMC
        Shapur_BAF
        Takistan
        TakistanLite
        Zargabad
    Structures

Everything else was released under APL, not APL-SA.

Quick question fellas,

Will the next update include replacing the vanilla nato soldiers as drivers with proper British drivers?  I noticed when I place non-empty Jackals and Coyotes,the crew are vanilla NATO troops. 

I'm loving the new desert camo on your latest updates page by the way.  Nice!

I'm sure the team will include correct units when they get to it.  New units in A3 is NOT a simple thing... just ask the CUP guys ;)

Another quick question for you guys:

What is the classname needed for vehicle units to spawn in ALiVE? I only see the infantry classname in the Units thread.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

Another quick question for you guys:

What is the classname needed for vehicle units to spawn in ALiVE? I only see the infantry classname in the Units thread.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere.

It's whatever the army and/or navy faction name is minus the "NAVY_MTP" at the end of the line. (I'm at work and not staring at my computer)

Just open up the CFgfaction in the editor and you'll see it. UK3CB_FACTION I believe or something like that.

• Like 1

It's whatever the army and/or navy faction name is minus the "NAVY_MTP" at the end of the line. (I'm at work and not staring at my computer)

Just open up the CFgfaction in the editor and you'll see it. UK3CB_FACTION I believe or something like that.

I use the Navy faction. So for example, if the infantry units are: UK3CB_BAF_Faction_Navy_MTP

The vehicles units would be: UK3CB_BAF_Faction

?

If so, cool. Might be nice to see random Jackal's/Coyotes/Wildcat's roaming around periodically aside from the ones I manually sync. :)