any chance of getting this paint job on the dessert Jackal and on the Coyote   

3_0.JPG?itok=NBPg77PK

What paint job? That is shadow not a DDPM. You can see the front darker 'pattern' is actually caused by the wing mirrors.

EDIT: We are hoping to put the new Roll Bar on though at some point as in RL they are being changed over to the curved one after health and safety testing.

• Like 3

i've never seen em in camo paint.  i remember seeing a lot of different afghan-bound vecs at castlemartin a while back - all of them were a horrible yellow colour lol

Yeah, we have the Woodland variant in two tone green camo simply because BIS did. I am guessing they based that on the old Land Rover / Viking woodland scheme as I am yet to see any of them painted in another camo scheme apart from the desert.

What paint job? That is shadow not a DDPM. You can see the front darker 'pattern' is actually caused by the wing mirrors.

EDIT: We are hoping to put the new Roll Bar on though at some point as in RL they are being changed over to the curved one after health and safety testing.

ow i didn't notice that dumb me.

any way keep up with the good work.

No probs. Glad there wasn't any extra work for us to do. :D

Great work guys. The Hellfires don't seen to work though... I can't make them track targets.

Are you using ACE3 or is the issue in the vanilla game?

Hellfire on the Apache can utilise either self-designation or remote-designation to laser-guide the missiles:

• Lase the target / have the target lased
  • Swap to Hellfires and Lock Target (T by default)
  • Fire
  • Maintain laser lock until impact
  • Note: due to missile speed and limited control authority, closer targets may not be tracked and hit as accurately as those from further out

Longbow Hellfire missiles utilise radar locking of targets and function the same as most Vanilla missiles; select the target with Lock Target (T by default), wait for the tone, then fire-and-forget

Thanks for the reply.

The specific case I was having is when player is pilot and AI gunner. Then I can't seem to make the missiles lock, eg. pressing the 'target' key or selecting a target via the command menu. Even if you "fire" the laser designator first. This problem I have both with and without ACE. I have tested with all AI controlled Apache, and they never fired any missiles, but rather engaged with the autocannon.

I am using the latest stable build and no other mods apart from unit mods, Dragonfyre and some islands. Hmm...

Ah okay. The Apache inherits a great deal from the vanilla Commanche (Blackfoot). Could you try the same thing with it and see if you get the same results with the AI. I don't believe they can use the laser designator to lock a target then switch to missiles correctly.

AI don't use laser designators and switch to missiles to lock and engage automatically, BUT you might be able to command them to switch to the laser, fire it once, then command them to switch to the hellfire, and after a few seconds command them to target the laser. problem is how do you get them to target the laser onto the truck!

if i lase a target in lots of arma vehicles (in a2 and 3) i can get AI to target it easily. but making them paint the target with the laser is a bit harder i think?

In A2, i made a bunch of changes to make the russian missiles proper SACLOS type - but basically using the laser designator as a workaround to simulate SACLOS.  however the enemy AI wouldn't use the missiles, so in the end i made them IRlock-able as well.  Now AI would use the AT2/3/6/9 missiles all the time.

The trick may be to make modes for the AI, and have the locking type in each mode, so the player gets manual control or laser lock, and the AI gets manual control and IR and laser lock. this probably still won't work as some of the values are stored in the missile ammo not the weapon.

Are you planning to make a land rover pack ? i didn't see anywhere an awnswer about that. I mean a sort of SAS landrover with extra detail , not a basic port of the A2 land rover. Thanks anyway i love your addons !

@Eggbeast: Agree with everything you've just said. I just need a little more feedback from malkekoen to identify the exact problem. It sounds as if he can't lock and fire the hellfires while using the 'Manual Fire' option as pilot. He should be able to lock the Longbow Hellfires with the radar system. However, the Thermobaric missiles are laser guided only. I am guessing that may be the issue.

@m1n1dou: Yes, there is indeed an intention to add Land Rovers to the Vehicle pack, both standard and Wmik variants. We are currently actively working on a Merlin, updates to our Weapons (new models and new weapons), Equipment (DPM, DDPM, CS95 DPM uniforms, 60mm Commando Mortar), and corresponding updates to the Units pack to include all of that. We are also attempting to fix a couple of bugs that we have had reported to us regarding the Wildcats and Apache suspension. However, the Land Rovers are on the list of things to do though. :)

• Like 1

Probably a really stupid question but is there any way through the action menu to command an AI teammate to the gunner's seat in a (empty) Coyote/Jackal? Not the one next to the driver, they seem to occupy that one automatically.

The only way I can seem to force this to happen is when the vehicle is full. But if I have only 4-5 teammates one usually hops in next to me (I drive) and the others just get in the back.

I seem to have a lot of issues losing command features in MP. In SP I seem to have every option under the sun (get in driver's seat, etc) but I don't get any options using the AI Fkeys in MP (I haven't tested the Coyote/Jackal in SP. Just meaning in general MP command seems more limited).

Probably a really stupid question but is there any way through the action menu to command an AI teammate to the gunner's seat in a (empty) Coyote/Jackal? Not the one next to the driver, they seem to occupy that one automatically.

The only way I can seem to force this to happen is when the vehicle is full. But if I have only 4-5 teammates one usually hops in next to me (I drive) and the others just get in the back.

I seem to have a lot of issues losing command features in MP. In SP I seem to have every option under the sun (get in driver's seat, etc) but I don't get any options using the AI Fkeys in MP (I haven't tested the Coyote/Jackal in SP. Just meaning in general MP command seems more limited).

When pointing at the vehicle press "4" and select the vehicle with "2" then select "gunner seat"

• Like 2

Hi Evrik.

Sorry for the late response, I have been unable to test since I'm not near my computer but I seem to remember that the radar was not working actually. I thought it was intentional, as all the helicopters except the Apache don't have radar. But Arma is made to have that in order to allow for missile lock and guidance, so maybe that might be culprit? I'm not sure about the Longbow though, just tested it quick some days ago and couldn't get the AI gunner to lock, and also not a AI gunner+driver (didn't engange with missiles). 

Sorry I can't be more specific at the time. When I get the time I'll try to look into it.

• Like 1

@malkekeon: I understand. The Wildcats purposely don't have radar guided weapon systems as they don't in real life - with the exception of the Navy version which has a radar dome, which we modelled and included in the pack. They are a light transport / CAS helicopter, which is probably the same reason why the vanilla one has no radar guided weapon system. They do have a real life laser designation / guidance system, which can allow players to lock and track targets and guide hellfires and other missiles on to target. We are also hopeful of adding the M3M .50cal door guns to a version as well.

The Apache Longbow does have a radar, so if you cannot lock the hellfires on in the Apache, that is a greater concern.

I will admit that our mods are primarily meant for player MP use, rather than specifically for the AI. However, I will pass this feedback on to the member of the group that did most of the Wildcat work.

Thanks ! i love the landrovers and that's the only vehicles who is close enought to the french special forces vehicle that we can use for the moment 

Just did a quick test:

-Tested the Apache as player Pilot. Radar works and radar missiles are guided. I was not able to make the laser missiles track. But this was before I tried what I describe below:

-Found out as player pilot in Wildcat with Hellfires, that if you select Laser Designator and "fire it", via the gunner (Ctrl+LMB) then select the Hellfires and make the gunner target something in the command list, the laser actually follows the gunners sight as it is supposed to. If you then press the Target key the usual white diamond appears and will (with some luck) be centered over whatever you want to shoot. Interestingly the option "Laser Target" appears in the menu, but if you choose that you just freeze the laser in place and then the missile guides to whatever the helicopter is pointing at. It's a bit wonky with the AI, and not entirely predictable, but I must say that it actually works. So this might also work for the Apache.

-Because I'm building a mission with AI support helis I tested a pure AI helicopter, and it won't engage with missiles. It's maybe too complicated for them to use the laser guided missiles. Actually a Wildcat did manage to fire a single, untracking missile, and the proceeded directly on top of the intended target.

So the systems actually work, 100% if you're two players on a heli or player as gunner. Player as pilot and AI gunner is wonky, but could actually be used (engine issues), and fully AI heli is not working...

Anyways, keep up the great work!

• Like 1

When pointing at the vehicle press "4" and select the vehicle with "2" then select "gunner seat"

I just tested this several times. It's not working.

In MP, if I select my AI unit (Fkey) and click "4", the vehicle and gunner option show up. However, selecting "gunner" only makes the unit board the vehicle (in any random seat) and not the gunner's seat.

I play ALiVE only so perhaps this is an issue with this mod?

Could anyone try to force an AI in MP to the gunner's seat for me? I spent almost an hour troubleshooting this. I can 100% consistently replicate this. Select unit, 4, select vehicle, gunners seat, forces the unit to board the vehicle but NOT the gunner's seat.

@malkekoen: Thanks for the extra feedback. I am relieved the Apache works with the radar and that you found a way of making the ai use the designator. I don't know if there is a way that we can allow the ai to use a radar on the wildcat while restricting players to the laser designator only. In the meantime, I know it isn't the hellfire version, but the cannon and missile pod version of the Wildcat will actively engage infantry / vehicle targets.

@HeroesandvilliansOS: I'll test it tonight.

EDIT: Confirmed. The AI gets in the rear compartment instead of the main gun. It is likely related to the fact we turned those rear seats into FFV turrets. I'll add the bug to our list. Thanks.

@wmog-channel: As much as we'd love to do it, it is unlikely we will due to Arma3 constraints. Basically, it doesn't like pivots, so the rear cab physx would be a major problem. We'd be fighting the engine all of the way, and it might not ever work, so our time is better spent elsewhere. Sorry.

• Like 1

Greetings!

First off, my group expresses their thanks for the excellent vehicle mod. The Jackal and Coyote variants have always been favorites for us since Arma 2!

Unfortunately we have been having trouble rearming any of the Jackal/Coyote variants. ACE_Logistics trucks do not seem to recognize those vehicles especially when they have spent gunner/commander ammo (expended from the inventory of the Jackal/Coyote)

Using the logistic variant of the Jackal, it only rearms the current magazine of the gunner of the vehicle, but does not supply extra magazines into the cargo. 

Is there any work-around that can be done so that we can resupply those vehicles without outright re-spawning them? We are using ACE, Alive, and only a few 3rd party content mods like RHS.

I am willing to clarify anything if needed, thank you! 

• Like 1