Those are puuuuurty.

I imagine Chinooks and Landrovers are next on the list?

.... Landrovers are also high on the list, given Eggbeast's generous offer.

• Like 1

I've got several missions that use this (remarkable) mod. Is it generally pretty safe to just replace the old version with the new one without messing anything up or having to edit anything? I'm assuming classnames and everything are consistent between the releases?

I'll do a backup of the old @3CBVehicles folder to use in those missions just to be safe. Just wondering for future reference. I'm not very good with the editor or troubleshooting so I figured the right thing to do was ask before replacing the old with the new in all my missions.

Cheers for the new birds. I guess the AI can't fire the hellfires though..

@HeroesandvillainsOS we've added in some compatibility code to ensure legacy class names and add-ons will work, without the need to edit missions.  The old Wildcats just map to their nearest equivalent in the new pack.  

• Like 1

NICE! only thing that is bothering me right now is the apache engine and rotor sound....it doesnt fit in my opinion.

but netherless good work guys! :-)

I guess we'll see Chinooks and updated Merlins in a few months?

They're in the 3CB hangar under-going reassembly and conversion work as we speak. If only the instruction sheets made any sense. 

A few months (or less, or more) is a likely time frame. 

• Like 1

Nice work guys! Tell me-what is the difference between the Multi-role Apache, and the "Multi-role Apache JS"? what does JS stand for?

JS = jumpseats.  The somewhat dangerous act of troops sitting on the Apache's wings - we added in a couple of cargo points

JS = jumpseats.  The somewhat dangerous act of troops sitting on the Apache's wings - we added in a couple of cargo points

Lovely! Like in Ed Macy's great book about Operation Glacier-landing in Jugroom fort with guys on the wings :) (Always wanted to recreate that in Arma heheh)

Can the AI use them?

if it's a cargo then they should have no problem - "3 get in that chopper"

if it's a cargo then they should have no problem - "3 get in that chopper"

Yup tried it-it's fine.Small issue thoguh-when you say "2 get in vehicle" he will get on the wing instead of the gunner seat-have to tell him specifically to get in gunner seat. Same thing with the dutch apache mod. (can't remember it's name :))

They're in the 3CB hangar under-going reassembly and conversion work as we speak. If only the instruction sheets made any sense. 

A few months (or less, or more) is a likely time frame.

Hey, slow and steady :) Better another high quality vehicle than a poor quality quick release that'll only result in complaint. Looking forward to seeing them in a few months!

Is that a thing in real life?  S'rsly?   :unsure:

Very much so, a couple of posts above it was mentioned about Ed Macy and the Jugroom Fort rescue.

1404215307925_Image_galleryImage_BNPS_co

That being from the rescue attempt.

Also is there a possibility to change the loadouts of the Apache via a loadout menu rather than having individual aircraft for each role?

• Like 1

It is-although the British Army Aircorps Apache pilots are seriously warned against ever using them-they have only been used once. British Apache pilots are never meant to descend lower than 1000mtrs in a combat zone. But they were used for a rescue attempt-a royal marine had been lost in a fortress called Jugroom in Helmand. The 2 Apaches picked up 2 marines on each chopper and landed in the middle of the fort.Then the marines(and also the apache pilots) jumped out and ran through the cloud of dust the choppers had raised to find the missing marine while other soldiers and an A-10 attacked the Taliban garrison inside. They found him and strapped him beneath the apache's chaingun and flew low and slow back to Bastion. Unfortunately however,when they examined him,he was already dead. An incredible story though,which is recounted by the pilot who did it ,Ed Macy,in his book "Hellfire". Which I recommend anyone with an interest in apaches to read-it's awesome!

yeah i read this book by damien lewis which also covers that event really well

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apache-Dawn-Always-outnumbered-outgunned/dp/0751541915

he also wrote this about the sbs in iraq, which inspired me to make those wmiks you'll be getting soon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zero-Six-Bravo-Special-Explosive/dp/1782060839/ref=pd_cp_14_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=04V1PCS8Z0XBN83K28K1

• Like 1

Proper good stuff guys! I'm loving the choppers ;)

One suggestion... dat apache needs some dust! I love the matte paint but it definetely needs some wear and tear and then it will be sweet!

Keep em comin!

• Like 1

Also is there a possibility to change the loadouts of the Apache via a loadout menu rather than having individual aircraft for each role?

If you place down our re-arm module and sync it to an object then land next to it and shut the engines down.  You will be given at present a set of options in the action menu to change loadouts.  Don't forget 3CB is all about realism so the magic load out menu doesn't fit with us quite well...

The loadouts are all preset but should cover all eventualities that you may want.

If you go to the 3cb Modding team Website that will describe the process for both using and placing the required modules better than I can.

Proper good stuff guys! I'm loving the choppers ;)

One suggestion... dat apache needs some dust! I love the matte paint but it definetely needs some wear and tear and then it will be sweet!

Keep em comin!

I agree about the dust-it's a wonderful model and the dark green is great-but it could do with a little wear and dust :)

How can I get the Coyote to spawn without anyone inside it? I've tried every option in the editor and some unit always spawns inside it.

What's odd is if I write the classname down in a module (Spyder's Addons has a vehicle spawner module, for instance) the Coyote spawns empty and is exactly how I want it. But if I manually place it down, with any assortment of options, non-team AI are always inside it. One in the guner's seat, and one driving and one passenger.

What am I missing? How can I place the vehicle down in the editor with no one inside it? I have 7 man team and need all the spots for us to use.