There is an open back, unarmed land rover planned.

If you don't want to give any secrets away then I understand, just wanted to know if you plan on having the Ridgeback in your next release?

Not in the next version of this, no. However, thanks to Cleggy, we do have the Ridgeback and at some point it will undergo a 3CB makeover. There are a lot of ground and air vehicles that need adding to this pack, and at present, the idea is to overhaul a couple at a time and then update this pack, rather than waiting until we have completed all of them and releasing a huge update. As they are completed, they will be released.

You're in for a treat when the next update is released then, as the Jackals have had a big make-over...

That sounds absolutely brilliant news. Can't wait for this.

Wonder if you have any plans for the Coyote Tactical Support Vehicle (TSV) to accompany the Jackal on patrols?

http://www.militarymodelling.com/news/article/coyote-walk-round/13453

Or maybe it is just too similar, I know it can carry a heavier load and one more crew member, but uncertain if that means it still has only 5 seats or six?

;) you shall just have to wait and see.

Looking forward to the next release, great work guys! Quick one: Any chance of a 12 seater Defender or something similar? Would be great for those times when you need a little more room.

Probably. I know we plan to do an open top passenger version of the Land Rover. It will be capable of carrying quite a few people. I don't know if we currently aim to do a 6-wheeled landie, but it should be possible. We do already have a six wheeled version of another vehicle almost ready to go. ;D

I have just been reading an account of M Squadron (SBS) in Iraq, and noticed the vehicle ammunition loads carried. 600 rounds of 40mm grenades for the AGL for example.

This made me think of the Arma3 vehicle ammo quantities. Are they fixed? Or are they user configurable?

I only mention this as in a Hunter I think it carries only 94 rounds of 40mm in total.

Same book mentions 1200 rounds of 7.62mm for the GPMG and 600 rounds of .50 for the vehicles fitted with it.

Edited by CommandoUKSF
Added detail from book research

Technically you could add more in the editor.. not sure of the code, but you point it to the "turrets" and add or takeaway what you need.

Our next pass on these is due (soonish!) And we'll be doing balancing issues like that for sure..

Unlikely we'll add 1200 rounds as for gameplay that's op, but like I said for a specific mission you could change that

We'll be adding Coyote's as resupply vehicles, so huge quantities of rounds will be possible, but unlikely to be added to individual vehicles by default as this would be OP, as Serjames points out.

• Like 1

I'm pleased to announce

Version 3.0 of BAF Vehicles

New to version 3.0 is the addition of the Coyote Tactical Support Vehicle (TSV) in Passenger and Logistics variants, armed with HMG or GMG and in Woodland or Desert camo, plus a comprehensive upgrade to the existing Jackal 2.

Change log for v3.0 (05/09/2015)

Coyote TSV
- added Coyote TSV in Passenger and Logistics variants, armed with HMG or GMG and in Woodland or Desert camo
Jackal 2
- improved driving performance (realistic top speed, acceleration, turning circle)
- improved externally carried stores (cosmetic)
- improved appearance with all new textures and weathering
- fixed ability to load up ramps
- fixed wheel invulnerability
- fixed vehicle radio (@task_force_radio) now only available to Driver, Commander and Gunner
- added dynamic suspension
- added opening doors
- added dismount side option
- added unique vehicle identification plates
- added extra seat (rear deck)
- added visual model of vehicle radio
- added new models of HMG L111A1 and GMG L134A1
- added new model of GPMG
- added new scopes to all weapons
- added new weapon sounds
- added muzzle flash to weapons
- added heat haze to guns
- added transportable vehicle ammunition, stored in vehicle cargo
- added head lights with high/low beam option
- added rear facing camera on driver dashboard
- added new LOD's to improve frame rates
Merlin & Wildcats
- changed inheritance to new BIS model (Wildcat)
- fixed icon size on editor map (Wildcat)
- shortened description
- updated faction name to 'BAF-3CB'
- added to Virtual Arsenal Garage
- changed inventory to suit Blufor

• Like 3

Thanks for the update guys, is there any chance the helo's will ever be updated to the ArmA 2 models from the data pack? 

Thanks for the quick reply guys. Evrik look's like you got  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Thank you for an update. There is a bug with muzzle flash of commander MG. Try to shoot to different directions, flash and smoke will not change position.

Good spot on the GPMG. We are correcting now. Hopefully we can get it hotfixed before the mod goes to Armaholic and PW6.

Hotfix for the Commander's GPMG released (v3.01)

Sorry for any inconvenience

So thought you might want to see these in beautiful YouTube technicolour.

Excuse the poor grammar and even worse video Quality... I need to find a better encoder I think

Absolutely excellent, I love the Coyote! Do you think you'll release a version using the 3CB BAF units? If not, it's easy placing them in manually, but just curious. Thanks!

3CB BAF Units will be expanded to include vehicles, but we're going to released some more vehicles first.