43 minutes ago, Evil Organ said:

.........and their screenshots are f*****g dope too!

All credit for those go to Eotech, he is a bit of a wizard :D

• Like 2

Hi all, just to let you know we're live on STEAM Workshop now...

• Like 7

In the editor, when I place units, the units place with weapons, but do not place with backpacks/ammunition/FAKs or any of that good stuff. When I go to 'play' the mission in the editor, the items all spawn.

However this is frustrating, as when starting some missions (such as dynamic recon ops) I am unable to play with the faction as the ammo and backpacks do not spawn. Is there any fix for this? It's probably me being an idiot

5 hours ago, st4rgasm said:

In the editor, when I place units, the units place with weapons, but do not place with backpacks/ammunition/FAKs or any of that good stuff. When I go to 'play' the mission in the editor, the items all spawn.

However this is frustrating, as when starting some missions (such as dynamic recon ops) I am unable to play with the faction as the ammo and backpacks do not spawn. Is there any fix for this? It's probably me being an idiot

This is a randomisation script the 3CB guys use

The easiest way around it is to spawn NATO units and then just give them the 3CB kit you want them to have

Theres also a module you can use to adjust the settings but I havnt used it in about 3 updates so I'm not sure what the current options are

8 minutes ago, TheLimbo365 said:

This is a randomisation script the 3CB guys use

The easiest way around it is to spawn NATO units and then just give them the 3CB kit you want them to hav

Theres also a module you can use to adjust the settings but I havnt used it in about 3 updates so I'm not sure what the current options are

Unfortunately that's INCREDIBLY time consuming, is there no way at all to disable the script in the mod completely?

Since this is on Steam now ...any chance for a complete version including all your modules ( units,vehicles , weapons, gear) in the future  ?

keep it up :)

1 hour ago, st4rgasm said:

Unfortunately that's INCREDIBLY time consuming, is there no way at all to disable the script in the mod completely?

You could always read the user manual from the link on the first page and use the editor module that was suggested by the user who initially gave you a response.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

Since this is on Steam now ...any chance for a complete version including all your modules ( units,vehicles , weapons, gear) in the future  ?

keep it up :)

There are currently no plans to combine the mod at this stage. People want to use different parts of the pack, without downloading it all (i.e. weapons / kit / vehicles). We are not duplicating our workload by creating, updating, and maintaining two versions of the same mod. If we do combine, it will be at the expense of the individual mod packs. It would be far easier for us, but I suspect more people would complain about not being able to use specific parts without having to download it all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, evrik said:

You could always read the user manual from the link on the first page and use the editor module that was suggested by the user who initially gave you a response.

However this only works for missions I've created myself. I'd like to use the faction in the 'Dynamic Recon Ops' scenarios, but am unable due to the ammo and equipment not loading in! :(

Edit: I've now managed to get to edit the scenario I'd like to play, however when I place the unit configuration module, I go to click on the boxes to change randomisation to 'disabled' I click the arrow and nothing happens, so I am unable to change it :(

I've no idea what that is. You may need to contact the scenario author. It sounds like they are also using init scripts to assign things to units upon mission load.

10 minutes ago, evrik said:

I've no idea what that is. You may need to contact the scenario author. It sounds like they are also using init scripts to assign things to units upon mission load.

It does the same in a completely empty editor with no other mods than CBA and BAF loaded unfortunately :(

2 minutes ago, lifetap said:

The units mod, comes with a module to place on the map.  This controls the customization of all loadout scripts.  You can even use the module to disable all of the scripts.  

Full details are here https://3cbmod.wordpress.com/released-mods/3cb-baf-units/usage-units/

To add to this, just make sure to place the module down before placing any units, otherwise, in my experience, it bugs out and you get errors upon startup.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

To add to this, just make sure to place the module down before placing any units, otherwise, in my experience, it bugs out and you get errors upon startup.

This is correct.  It's crucial that the module is before the units in the mission load order.  

If you forget to place it first, just cut and paste the units back into their original positions (in EDEN) and all will be good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st4rgasm said:

Edit: I've now managed to get to edit the scenario I'd like to play, however when I place the unit configuration module, I go to click on the boxes to change randomisation to 'disabled' I click the arrow and nothing happens, so I am unable to change it :(

Glad you got it working. For the dropdown issue, I believe that is a recent BIS menu bug. You can find more about it and a work around here:

https://forums.bistudio.com/forums/topic/202933-eden-editor-drop-down-menus-not-working-with-video/

Hey guys, I was hoping to pick your brain for a sec.

I was thinking of adding a fixed wing aircraft to one of my missions. I was doing some Google-fu and a quick look shows that although the Royal Marines do have aircraft like this, they seem like maybe they are for training only?

I have a mission set very briefly in the future, with 3CB being recomissioned to help support the ANA. If I was to add an RHS A10, and pretend and squint a little bit, is it out of the realm of possibility they'd have access to such a tool IRL?

EDIT: If so, are any of the attack helis capable of obliterating a building?

If you've got CUP they have Harrier jumpjets, but the gunships mounting Hellfires should be able to do the trick on a building. A-10s wouldn't be the most realistic, unless you want to make the CAS a part of some form of Coalition force in support of the Royal Marines.

35 minutes ago, REFORGER88 said:

If you've got CUP they have Harrier jumpjets, but the gunships mounting Hellfires should be able to do the trick on a building. A-10s wouldn't be the most realistic, unless you want to make the CAS a part of some form of Coalition force in support of the Royal Marines.

Thanks. I only ask about the A10 simply because I already have RHS in the mission, and NATO of course, if any of those could pass. I'd hate to add CUP just for the jet but I guess one more mod isn't too bad.

Oh, I meant to ask this awhile ago. I'm not at home, but offhand, I think only the MTP units have a UAV operator. Is this intentional?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Hey guys, I was hoping to pick your brain for a sec.

I was thinking of adding a fixed wing aircraft to one of my missions. I was doing some Google-fu and a quick look shows that although the Royal Marines do have aircraft like this, they seem like maybe they are for training only?

I have a mission set very briefly in the future, with 3CB being recomissioned to help support the ANA. If I was to add an RHS A10, and pretend and squint a little bit, is it out of the realm of possibility they'd have access to such a tool IRL?

EDIT: If so, are any of the attack helis capable of obliterating a building?

If its a NATO mission (and supporting the ANA comes under Op Resolute Support/Op Toral) its completely legitimate for BAF to have the support of US aircraft

The way CAS works on a theatre level is like a taxi rank, you call up a jet and the next one in line gets tasked to you, whether its British, US, German, French etc etc

Thanks to NATO standard training requirements (especially for Pilots/JTACs) it shouldn't matter what country the CAS is coming from

• Like 2

That's what I meant by leaving the A-10 in as Coalition support. If you want it to be solely British the CUP Harrier is called for, but if it's a joint NATO offensive then having the Warthog roll off an allied FOB would work fine.

• Like 1

i think im having issues as im placing units down on my map and for example im using a JTAC Operator and his backpack doesnt show in the editor but everything else he would wear does appear 

1 hour ago, michael poole said:

i think im having issues as im placing units down on my map and for example im using a JTAC Operator and his backpack doesnt show in the editor but everything else he would wear does appear 

With the 3CB assets, the backpacks don't appear in 3Den Editor, as soon as you start your scenario, the backpack should be present

Hello, 

i hope someone can help me with multiplayer re spawning (ZEUS)

I keep respawning looking like a regular 3cb soldier when i was an officer. 

and only have 30rnds and 2 grenades, my vest is empty. 

i then tried placing the 3cb unit config module down and tried multiple times with different options and still the same result. 

even tried sync it to units but no joy

i place down a blufor respawn module (all in zeus mode) 

then the loadout module 

select multiple loadout i wish to have i.e. medic, grenader

i press exit and respawn while in game 

i select a medic loadout which is under rifleman ??

i respawn looking like a rifleman with 30 rounds as explained above. 

i dont see an option on the module that says "respawn with full gear"  

------------

[Edit]

yes i tried the method of placing module down first. 

why cant the options be named so that people can understand them? its confusing to know what the drop downs do.

i can respawn with vanilla units with gear no problem, any other mod, no problem.

why does it have to be so awkward?