Place the 3CB BAF Unit Configuration module on your mission. Details are in the readme with an extract here:

Modules > Misc > 3CB BAF Unit Configuration

Default Gear on Respawn:     Yes (No) - Select 'No' to allow other mods or scripts to set unit gear on respawn

Randomise Equipment:         Yes (No) - Each unit will have a randomly selected uniform, helmet, vest, backpack and glasses appropriate to it's role

vking is correct in stating it doesn't matter what you change in the module. Even I have had to resort to placing standard NATO units and applying uniforms that way. After a fresh trial in the editor, the gear is still applied - even after disabling both of the given settings in the Unit Configuration module.

Place the 3CB BAF Unit Configuration module on your mission. Details are in the readme with an extract here:

Modules > Misc > 3CB BAF Unit Configuration

Default Gear on Respawn:     Yes (No) - Select 'No' to allow other mods or scripts to set unit gear on respawn

Randomise Equipment:         Yes (No) - Each unit will have a randomly selected uniform, helmet, vest, backpack and glasses appropriate to it's role

This doesn't work. Your code always changes your units' inventory anyways.

Compacted and generalized your code looks like this:

// Always randomise
[_this, true] call UK3CB_BAF_Units_MTP_fnc_randomize_units;

// Add specific load outs
_this call UK3CB_BAF_Units_MTP_fnc_unit_loadout;

sleep 6.0;

// Check the module and do it again
if (!(missionNamespace getVariable ["UK3CB_enableRandomizedUnits", true])) then {
    // Recall the function, but disable randomisation
    [_this, false] call UK3CB_BAF_Units_MTP_fnc_randomize_units;
};

And fnc_randomize_units changes the equipment regardless of if it's called with true or false as a parameter. If it's false, all it does is choose the first item in the UK3CB_allowedX array instead of picking a random one.

It doesn't not change the unit's equipment.

I understand what you want to do, but why don't you have a complete equipment config on your units and then randomize via the script, instead of adding all the equipment via script?

There might be a little misunderstanding of these options.

This affects units on a respawn only, not the initial spawn.  Its to avoid conflicts with the death script within other mods eg. ALIVE, etc.

Randomise Equipment:         Yes (No) - Each unit will have a randomly selected uniform, helmet, vest, backpack and glasses appropriate to it's role

This removes gear randomization and uses the default item (the first in the list).  However it always applies this 7 seconds after the initial spawn.

The reason for this method of initialization is to allow the mod to be used with and without ACE.  We have a number of users would do not wish to use ACE, whilst others who wish to have ACE items in their loadouts.

Our mission makers have no issue with the 7 second delay.  They just apply their loadouts, when required, after this time period.

But why can't you add equipment in the config instead of only via script?

Whether or not the delay is necessary I can't say, but the ideal situation would be that the unit started with all or most of its default equipment, and then you would add ACE-specific equipment and check if randomization is enabled via module.

Edit: And as I showed, you randomize all your unit's equipment anyway, then anti-randomize it later. You should really look into streamlining that, if nothing else.

Maintainability and reliability.

Adding default equipment in the config, then taking away pieces of this in the script to add in the ACE items, is just more difficult to maintain. Not from the coding perspective, but from the huge number of items in the lists and maintaining these.  When planning a unit's loadout we take care to place certain items in certain slots (uniforms, vests, backpacks, etc).  When switching between vanilla and ACE, its not just the items that change, but also their positioning. 

I agree, ideally we'd do it all in the config, but we do not have the ability to dynamically bind a mod.  So rather than splitting the allocation across two mechanisms we chose to do the allocation within the script.  A design decision.  We'll no doubt review it again in the future, but it'll not be for a while.  There are just too many other higher priority jobs at present.

Could someone do me a favor? I have such limited time to troubleshoot. I would really appreciate it.

I was wondering if someone could go into MP (dedicated server would be even better) as squad leader of at least one AI teammate. Then, if they could go near an ammo or supply box, hit the AI teammates Fkey, and see if the option to "rearm" them is present.

I've narrowed it down to either this mod (one of the 4 3CB's) or a script. I'll test this myself when I get a chance but was wondering if someone had a moment if they could try it.

For weeks I've been baffled about why the option to command the AI to "rearm" wasn't present. This is the only unit pack I ever use. Last night running a different modset without any 3CB, and the option was suddenly there again.

@TheLimbo365 We will be re-sizing the Mk6 helmets from arma 2 and making general improvements on them (the glass in the goggles for example). They are larger than the Mk7 helmets, so we need to adjust them accordingly. Webbing is something we definitely want to do. We have a few WIP rough efforts, but it has been put on hold for the moment as the one modeller we do have working with us is focused on the M6 Commando Mortar at the moment. We have a lot of things we want to do, it is just about priority at the moment. If I was to guess, we will focus more on the webbing when we attempt to get our winter coveralls out.

@Roofie: If you can link or PM me a good close up image of the regimental badge and the colour of the beret that you want, I'll see if it can be added to our next update.

RAF Officers Beret

508x340.jpg?1440797871

RAF Beret

19074d1226864022-raf-beret-cloth-blue-gr

​Army Air Corps

K3K066.jpg

Royal Signals Beret

s-l1000.jpg

216 Signals Beret
$_35.JPG

I don't usually get into any of the ArmA 3 media posted on Reddit but H3n4y666 just posted these and the screen are absolutely stunning: http://imgur.com/a/YgxIo

Thought you guys might appreciate seeing them. They gave me chills. Such beautiful work and a real testament to the brilliance of your mod.

Enjoy.

• Like 6

Those are great. Thanks for sharing them. :D

So I'm wondering if someone can talk to me a bit about real world missions approaches and also maybe how to implement those philosophies in the game itself. It's sort of an extension of a thread I started here: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/190054-not-able-to-use-nvgs-through-most-scopes-intentional/?p=3011247

Basically what I'm doing is creating a mission based around assassinating a series of HVT's. It's primarily going to be a night mission but I'm not really sure how to go about it.

Firstly, I'm unsure whether I should be using Navy or Special Forces, and secondly how to go about handling night optics and weaponry.

With the default Special Forces gear, the weapons seem ideal for long range attacks but because the guns have so much recoil, I'm wondering how to approach or whom (or what gear) I would use if the HVT were say, inside a building. Or perhaps the first target is a long range kill but the second will have to be more of a compound raid. I'd imagine those rifles would not be practical in CQB scenarios.

The other part is relating to the link above. I notice that none of the scopes are night vision capable. So how would the real Royal Marines/British Armed Forces/etc approach a mission like that? Make sure not to engage from a distance (you can't shoot what you can't see!)? But what if the target is in a camp in a field?

How do you guys approach night time missions? Which forces and how do you plan out which scopes you use?

Basically what I'm doing is creating a mission based around assassinating a series of HVT's.

Firstly, I'm unsure whether I should be using Navy or Special Forces

UKSF.

The other part is relating to the link above. I notice that none of the scopes are night vision capable. So how would the real Royal Marines/British Armed Forces/etc approach a mission like that?

You might get issued a CWS (a night sight) for your IW/LMG and it might work. Other people will simply use their LDS. Individuals will also be issued an HMNVS (or possibly LUCIE goggles.)

UKSF.

You might get issued a CWS (a night sight) for your IW/LMG and it might work. Other people will simply use their LDS. Individuals will also be issued an HMNVS (or possibly LUCIE goggles.)

Is any of this advanced night equipment included in this pack?

The British Army have Viper FIST TI sights

The default TI weapon sight works almost the exact same way, so you could use that

I spent some time looking through every combination of weapon and optic I could in this 4-mod pack and unless I'm missing something, it seems to me the best way to tackle a long range kill in the dead of night would be equip a laser, turn on your NVG's and shoot without aiming down the long range scope.

Am I missing any additional aid or tools that would be used by the Special Forces (the units in this pack) for a nighttime HVT assassination? Making my first dedicated night mission and just want to be sure I've covered all my bases.

Also kind of unsure what ctrl+L does aside from making a "pop" sound.

Ctrl+L switches the laser / flashlight attachment from light to laser and back again.

I spent some time looking through every combination of weapon and optic I could in this 4-mod pack and unless I'm missing something, it seems to me the best way to tackle a long range kill in the dead of night would be equip a laser, turn on your NVG's and shoot without aiming down the long range scope.

Am I missing any additional aid or tools that would be used by the Special Forces (the units in this pack) for a nighttime HVT assassination? Making my first dedicated night mission and just want to be sure I've covered all my bases.

Also kind of unsure what ctrl+L does aside from making a "pop" sound.

IRL thats exactly what you do, turn on your laser and shoot where it points

• Like 1

Really nice units guys, certainly some of the best.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I think I've found a small bug when you use other optics (although I've so far on tested with iansky's awesome scope pack and a couple from FHQ) 

Basically when you are prone and mount your weapon turning to the left and right something cuts across the optic and you can't see anything.

In fact if you use the L85A2 RIS with Alwarren's Eotech G33 (the one with the 3x magnifier) as soon as you flip up the magnifier it looks like some part of your uniform comes between your eye and the optic rendering it useless.

I've never had any issues like this before, so I have to assume is a 3CB issue?

On further testing is looks like it's just the L85 family of rifles that have this issue.

Not sure if anyone else can replicate that, I hope it's not just a problem my end.

Thanks again for the great work though.

Really nice units guys, certainly some of the best.

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but I think I've found a small bug when you use other optics (although I've so far on tested with iansky's awesome scope pack and a couple from FHQ) 

Basically when you are prone and mount your weapon turning to the left and right something cuts across the optic and you can't see anything.

In fact if you use the L85A2 RIS with Alwarren's Eotech G33 (the one with the 3x magnifier) as soon as you flip up the magnifier it looks like some part of your uniform comes between your eye and the optic rendering it useless.

I've never had any issues like this before, so I have to assume is a 3CB issue?

On further testing is looks like it's just the L85 family of rifles that have this issue.

Not sure if anyone else can replicate that, I hope it's not just a problem my end.

Thanks again for the great work though.

You know...this has actually happened to me too but I'm pretty sure I use the 3CB optics and weapons. I'm really not sure what I did to encounter this but I have definitely seen exactly what you're talking about. Thanks for reporting it.

It's a known issue that occurs when using some 3D magnified optics on some weapons.  The greater the magnification, the further the eye position is from the scope, and the more chance there is that it will be obscured by the backpack or helmet.

We have had to remove all the 3D versions of our magnified scopes from our dev build.  When we moved to the recently BI standardized magnification values, the clipping issue became unworkable on our 3D versions.

It's a known issue that occurs when using some 3D magnified optics on some weapons.  The greater the magnification, the further the eye position is from the scope, and the more chance there is that it will be obscured by the backpack or helmet.

We have had to remove all the 3D versions of our magnified scopes from our dev build.  When we moved to the recently BI standardized magnification values, the clipping issue became unworkable on our 3D versions.

So to make sure an idiot like me understands, does that mean for the foreseeable future this will continue to be an issue with some 3rd party 3D scopes?

I'm not aware there is a workable solution for any higher magnification 3D scopes.  It's probably why BIS do not use higher mag 3D scopes

I'm not aware there is a workable solution for any higher magnification 3D scopes.  It's probably why BIS do not use higher mag 3D scopes

I wonder how other mods manage it because iansky's Elcan Spector is one of my favourite scopes so I tend to use it all the time and I've never come across this issue before.

Hopefully you guys can magic up a work around at some stage for this incredible mod.

Keep up the good work