Glad it's fixed... But 300 mods.. all at once !? really ?

That's an Arma Heart attack waiting to happen ! :)

lol

• Like 1

Glad it's fixed... But 300 mods.. all at once !? really ?

That's an Arma Heart attack waiting to happen ! :)

lol

I don't have a problem! I can stop whenever I want! Oh look, Yugoslavian Units *downloads*

• Like 2

Really really nice guys. I love it. Regarding the comment about the beret's does the same go for flashes also? I'm no good at it my self but I would love a R. Welsh flash option. If its impossible due to your hard work, Is there a way I could do it locally for my units?

Many thanks for the teams hard work guys. It awesome to have this.

Beret's are probably doable, but flashes may be more problematic.

I believe we're looking to see what can be done with the uniform and hidden textures / unit patches

No promises, but watch this space.

SJ

• Like 1

Really really nice guys. I love it. Regarding the comment about the beret's does the same go for flashes also? I'm no good at it my self but I would love a R. Welsh flash option. If its impossible due to your hard work, Is there a way I could do it locally for my units?

Many thanks for the teams hard work guys. It awesome to have this.

We should be able to add the beret fairly easily for you into our @3cb_baf_equipment pack, although it will have to wait for our next version which is under-development and may be several months out.

Could you post a good quality reference image of the beret for your unit please?

Loving the mod so far! Will DPM camo be added at a later point as well, as to simulate the British or RUC troops in Northern Ireland? (Or possibly even the addition of IRA fighters in the future? :D )

Loving the mod so far! Will DPM camo be added at a later point as well, as to simulate the British or RUC troops in Northern Ireland? (Or possibly even the addition of IRA fighters in the future? :D )

There's a very good chance that you'll see other (older) camo schemes from us at some point in the future. Although we've started work on this, it's not top of our priority list, so don't expect it before Christmas (I'm not saying which year either!).

Just asking but are you guys planning to merge all units & vehicles?? because it's very untidy on the blufor's faction menu

• Like 1

Yes, well spotted drives us mad too. Changes were made to the way the units were named/configed as more was learned about creating the mods.... There will definitely be a correction to the factions issue, whether we end up merging them into one giant mod is less clear. Many people would prefer separate elements we think. 

Feedback much appreciated around that if anyone else has thoughts ?

• Like 1

Uniforms & Weapons together. The vehicles are significantly less well done, I don't want to have to add them to use your units.

Great job with the mod. Hope to play you guys again soon! :)

Yeah I'm not really that bothered about the vehicles but what itches me is that there's 3 BAF services. I think it would be better if you just put 1 faction and from there you can choose the class (RAF, Navy, Army, etc)

anyway thanks for the mod!!! :)

• Like 1

Yes, well spotted drives us mad too. Changes were made to the way the units were named/configed as more was learned about creating the mods.... There will definitely be a correction to the factions issue, whether we end up merging them into one giant mod is less clear. Many people would prefer separate elements we think. 

Feedback much appreciated around that if anyone else has thoughts ?

Coming from a guy who makes missions almost strictly using ALiVE and who LOVES your British Units, I'd love an "all in one" faction as well.

It is quite tedious making British Missions and having to manually place the vehicles...then get the vanilla Blufor drivers out, manually add the British Commandos in, etc.

Setting them up so that the infantry, vehicles, etc. are all under a single faction would make it 100x easier to use the British Forces in my ALiVE missions.

Just my .02.  As I've said...you guys have some of the best looking units in all of Arma.

*SIDE NOTE*...if you guys could add some Ridgebacks, Challengers, etc to your Coyotes and Jackals that would also be awesome.

• Like 1

I recently came back to arma3 after a break due to the woes of real life and I have to say 3cb's new releases were a huge part of making me want to play again! Amazing job guys!

In terms of feedback for the vehicles I think the way to please everyone would be an optional pbo with your vehicles crewed by your units. I know that can be a bit of a pain from my own small foray into the world of modding but I think it's probably the best way.

As for the units my only request would yet another optional pbo with the gear randomisation removed. I know this can be done via the in mod module but I'm one of those folks who likes to tweak load outs and even using the module certain things still seem to get over ridden :/

Again a big thank you! You are making a lot of walts very happy ;)

• Like 1

We are yet to make a final decision on what to combine. It is a catch 22 situation. Some want smaller, individual packs, others want a larger combined pack. Whatever we do, someone will be disappointed. For the time being, while we add more and more into the pack, it is best to have it broken down into smaller parts - weapons, equipment, vehicles - as it becomes too unwieldy during the creating process, making it harder to spot errors and increasing the amount of time it takes to build into a .pbo during each new additional model.

As for additional vehicles, we will be adding in our own Apaches, Chinooks, Wildcats, Puma, Land Rovers and Ridgebacks. However all of that will take some time. I am not sure about the Challenger as we don't currently have access to a model.

• Like 1

Thanks for great work, the mod looks fantastic  :)

Here's my feedback so far:
I like the idea of separate parts to one mod - much like CUP does. Something like Weapons, Units (with merged Equipment) and Vehicles making one complete faction, meaning that vehicles can be populated correctly etc. A single faction entry in the editor would make things tidy too. 

As for the units my only request would yet another optional pbo with the gear randomisation removed. I know this can be done via the in mod module but I'm one of those folks who likes to tweak load outs and even using the module certain things still seem to get over ridden :/
+1 to this. Or at least tweak the option so that it does as expected.

Thanks

Can you guys please post more feedback on why the randomisation isn't working for you ? Works fine on our units.  

If you're trying to run different custom loadouts on the units, without disabling Randomisation in the 3CB Units module, then you must set a wait time... as we have a "wait approx 10 seconds" (for ARMA reasons) before we apply the loadout randomisation scripts... i.e. you will need to wait till AFTER our event handler has run.

Hope that helps... if not, then we need more info from you so we can understand what isn't working.

Cheers

SJ

Thanks for the "10 sec wait" hint, I suspect that may have been the issue. TBH, I think I'll need to test it more, I just tested the randomisation in the editor right now and everything works as expected. So I'm not sure what it was. If I have any concrete info I'll post it here. I changed my mission design completely so I can't repro it quickly. 

^ I'm in the same boat as above I'll try and retest keeping the 10 second thing in mind! Thanks.

To add some background to SJ's post.  We did a lot of testing around scripted loadouts for the Units, and getting a reliable solution.  In multi-player we found the only way to ensure reliably, especially under high server load, was to adjust a players loadout only once the player's unit was fully initialized on their PC.  The client/server "stuff" takes a few seconds to resolve, so we delay running our scripts until after everything has stabilized.   We're recommending 10s delay for mission designers, as this ensures that even under lag, our code also completes.

If you do notice any issues, then please let us know.

Hey fellas,

Since this is the 3CB thread, I figured yall would be the best group to ask this question.

I'm seting up some large scale ALiVE Conventional War Persistent Campaigns.  I've collected enough high quality British unit mods to put together a well rounded strike force.

In regards to a British Royal Navy/Army assault group (if you use ALiVE, I'm thinking at the Battalion 400 level)... what would be a good split on Tanks, APCs, Support Helicopters on the map?

For example...at that level is it realistic to have 30 Challenger MBTs, 60 Ridgebacks/Jackals/Warriors, 12 Apaches/Wildcats,etc?

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I like to be as accurate as possible when building my force compositions for my ALiVE campaigns.

As a Matelot attached and working within 3Cdox, can you change "Navy" to say something like "RM"? It's just does not sit well ;)

• Like 1

Hey fellas,

Since this is the 3CB thread, I figured yall would be the best group to ask this question.

I'm seting up some large scale ALiVE Conventional War Persistent Campaigns.  I've collected enough high quality British unit mods to put together a well rounded strike force.

In regards to a British Royal Navy/Army assault group (if you use ALiVE, I'm thinking at the Battalion 400 level)... what would be a good split on Tanks, APCs, Support Helicopters on the map?

For example...at that level is it realistic to have 30 Challenger MBTs, 60 Ridgebacks/Jackals/Warriors, 12 Apaches/Wildcats,etc?

Any assistance would be appreciated.  I like to be as accurate as possible when building my force compositions for my ALiVE campaigns.

We always balance the sections / blufor and Opfor per map per mission. Building a consistant ORBAT is not really how we do it as it's not Game friendly.

Note the Challengers are broken and will kill everything else on the map unless you nerf them somehow.

My recommendation is to just load up something reasonable (apart from the chally) and let it run... see how it copes.

As a Matelot attached and working within 3Cdox, can you change "Navy" to say something like "RM"? It's just does not sit well ;)

I know where you're coming from but technically they are a part of the Navy and it was the only way we could see to reduce the number of factions on the map/editor..... as it is with it being broken there are five - if we'd have done RM's too it would be 6 +.

It's not ideal I know but within the limitations of the "factions" system it seemed the best compromise.

I promise not to point my fingers at any Royal Marines and should  "Oi Navy...!" I know what would happen  :- P

Depends on the scenario you're trying to build doesn't it? i.e. what your OPFOR is like

I'll assume you're building the battlegroup around an infantry battalion rather than a tank regiment or something like that, in which case infantry battlegroups are typically built with a battalion-sized main component, with smaller squadron/company-sized or troop/platoon-sized elements in support. 30 Challenger 2 tanks is about 2 squadron's worth, so I'd say it's too many for an infantry-focussed scenario. A battalion-sized formation will have 50-60 combat vehicles in operation plus all the supports.

If you're building an armoured infantry battlegroup (i.e. the main element is using Warrior) then attaching a whole tank squadron with 18 CR2s to conduct armoured assaults against a mechanised, conventional opponent is legit (1st Battalion Royal Regiment of Fusiliers battlegroup in the invasion of Iraq was 14 Challenger 2s, 42 Warriors). However, a light infantry battlegroup (i.e. the main element is using Jackals and other highly mobile transport such as helicopters) against a less mechanised, unconventional enemy generally doesn't have a lot of armour support at all - you'd probably only need a troop's worth (4 tanks) that could be called in to support particular operations that required direct fire support.

As an example of that when the war in Afghanistan was peaking for British forces ~2010, we didn't deploy any Challenger 2 MBTs and the entire 10,000-strong Multinational Brigade relied on only four Leopard 2A5 tanks from the Danish contingent. Also we had deployed a total of only 80 Warriors (of all kinds including engineering vehicles) since their major role was force protection and occasional infantry support (used like light tanks) rather than there being a real need for traditional armoured infantry. The most numerous tracked armoured vehicles at the time were CVR(t) reconnaissance vehicles of which there were a hundred or so and tracked ATCs like Warthog and Viking (about 150 each).

I would think the environment where light infantry (inc air-assault and commando) and massed armour all operate together in combined arms would be a larger Brigade-size scenario with multiple battlegroups or the light infantry is a company-sized element attached to a armoured infantry battlegroup. So tank support available if you focussed on a light infantry scenario and their role in the conflict would probably be dependant on the particular stage of the conflict you were trying to portray. Or if you're doing a mixed infantry battlegroup - using different company-sized elements from different regiments.

So basically it boils down to what role you see your main troop element having in the conflict. If they're light role give them loads of jackals, if they're mechanised role give them loads of Ridgbacks or Foxhounds or something, if they're armoured role give them loads of Warriors.

It's not unusual to deploy just 2 companies from a battalion and make up the third and fourth rifle company from another regiment in a different role, or attach one or two extra rifle companies to a full battalion to provide permanent force protection to a supporting engineer or logistics squadron.

once you've got your main infantry component worked out you can then look at adapting your additional support elements to squadron/company size (~14-18 vehicles) or troop/platoon size (4-8 vehicles) to get the right balance of tanks, reconnaissance vehicles (Jackals and Coyotes I guess since there are no CVR(t) or Ajax type vehicle addons yet) and air support.

The mixed battlegroups that the UK sent on Exercise Black Eagle in Poland for the past couple of years have consisted of 20 Challenger 2 tanks (a single Squadron) and an infantry component made up of 30 Warriors (2 Companies worth) plus a protected mobility company and a light infantry company.

We always balance the sections / blufor and Opfor per map per mission. Building a consistant ORBAT is not really how we do it as it's not Game friendly.

Note the Challengers are broken and will kill everything else on the map unless you nerf them somehow.

My recommendation is to just load up something reasonable (apart from the chally) and let it run... see how it copes.

You're referring to Burnes Challenger? That's the one I use...its outstanding. I use real armor mod as well and it seems to work well. Is there a known issue?

EDIT:  James, after testing, I see what you mean.  One Challenger took out 20 Leights Opfor tanks, then took out 10 RHS Russian T-90 Tanks before being knocked out.  

I will say..the Vanilla CSAT T-100s were pretty even with the Challenger, but as a guy who despises the "future" units....this is a shame.

Is Burnes aware of this?  Any chance he restructures it to be more even against modern era modded Tanks?  It's a beautiful vehicle and after seeing all the bells and whistles in it, it's hard to go back to a Vanilla style tank.